IMG_1197 (resized).jpg
IMG_1196 (resized).jpg
IMG_1195 (resized).jpg
IMG_1194 (resized).jpg
IMG_1173 (resized).jpg
IMG_1171 (resized).jpg
AFE12146-611A-4431-863C-2CD1C772E89C (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,327 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 67.
#1251 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I don't give a flying F whether or not they lower the price $1 or $500.

Quoted from iceman44:

How about dropping the price $500 back to DI levels?

So you do give a flying F?

#1252 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Hopefully, Toy Story will be a different outcome.

At this rate, if toy story is the next game, it won’t be out for 3-4 years.

#1253 6 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

At this rate, if toy story is the next game, it won’t be out for 3-4 years.

No way!This is Pat’s game and the man knows how to create pinball

#1254 6 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

No way!This is Pat’s game and the man knows how to create pinball

Damn straight! I've got a Dialed In LE on the way and I'm as giddy as a school child at Christmas!

#1255 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Hopefully, Toy Story will be a different outcome.

I hope they get the real voice callouts and music or it will be an absolute bust in my opinion. I’m not going to hold my breath on them paying for these assets because once again it’s disney and they couldn’t seem to pony up for Pirates so why would toy story be any different from a licensing perspective.

#1256 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I hope they get the real voice callouts and music or it will be an absolute bust in my opinion. I’m not going to hold my breath on them paying for these assets because once again it’s disney and they couldn’t seem to pony up for Pirates so why would toy story be any different from a licensing perspective.

There is ZERO and I mean ZERO chance of this happening at this stage in the game.

No chance.

#1257 6 years ago
Quoted from oktobernv:

There is ZERO and I mean ZERO chance of this happening at this stage in the game.
No chance.

Zero chance of them getting these assets for toy story?

That is what I was refering to when I quoted the other posters comments on toy story.

#1258 6 years ago
Quoted from oktobernv:

No chance.

#1259 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Those are some of the highest paid actors in Hollywood, so I'm pretty sure JJP will not have the cash to hire them for any voiceover work.

20. Jeremy Renner: $19 million
19. Matt Damon: $21 million
18. Ryan Reynolds: $21.5 million
17. Jennifer Lawrence: $24 million
16. Jennifer Aniston: $25.5 million
15. Emma Stone: $26 million
14. Ryan Gosling: $29 million
13. Samuel L. Jackson: $30.5 million
12. Tom Hanks: $31 million
11. Chris Hemsworth: $31.5 million
10. Akshay Kumar: $35.5 million
9. Salman Khan: $37 million
8. Shah Rukh Khan: $38 million
7. Tom Cruise: $43 million
6. Robert Downey Jr.: $48 million
5. Jackie Chan: $49 million
4. Adam Sandler: $50.5 million
3. Vin Diesel: $54.5 million
2. Dwayne Johnson: $65 million
1. Mark Wahlberg: $68 million

#1260 6 years ago

Someone said Tom Hank's brother does TS voiceover work. He should be in budget and having that authenticity would be massive.

They also need to be able to use footage from the movies though, as this is an animation they will hopefully avoid all the permissions stuff.

#1261 6 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Someone said Tom Hank's brother does TS voiceover work. He should be in budget and having that authenticity would be massive.
They also need to be able to use footage from the movies though, as this is an animation they will hopefully avoid all the permissions stuff.

#1262 6 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Those are some of the highest paid actors in Hollywood, so I'm pretty sure JJP will not have the cash to hire them for any voiceover work.
20. Jeremy Renner: $19 million
19. Matt Damon: $21 million
18. Ryan Reynolds: $21.5 million
17. Jennifer Lawrence: $24 million
16. Jennifer Aniston: $25.5 million
15. Emma Stone: $26 million
14. Ryan Gosling: $29 million
13. Samuel L. Jackson: $30.5 million
12. Tom Hanks: $31 million
11. Chris Hemsworth: $31.5 million
10. Akshay Kumar: $35.5 million
9. Salman Khan: $37 million
8. Shah Rukh Khan: $38 million
7. Tom Cruise: $43 million
6. Robert Downey Jr.: $48 million
5. Jackie Chan: $49 million
4. Adam Sandler: $50.5 million
3. Vin Diesel: $54.5 million
2. Dwayne Johnson: $65 million
1. Mark Wahlberg: $68 million

It can't be that simple, right?

When Williams "hired" Arnold to do T2 and DE hired him for LAH, he was the biggest and highest-paid movie star on the planet. Clint Eastwood wasn't exactly troy McClure either. Hell, frugal Stern even managed to secure the services of Arnold in 2003 when he'd just gotten paid $30 million to do T3.

Like many lists (the "Whoa Nellie is the #1 game in location pinball!" howler comes to mind) this really doesn't tell the whole story.

#1263 6 years ago

The studios want there cash. A lot of High salaries for tons of people you wouldnt think deserve half a million a year. Oh, and Disney pixar has more vice presidents than the population of Austria.
Worried that Toy story will be cookie cutter of pirates in the asset depts.

#1264 6 years ago
Quoted from frunch:

So you do give a flying F?

Let me clarify it for you

It was a suggestion to save sales

And I don’t give a flying F whether or not they adopt it or not. How’s that?

#1265 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

The studios want there cash. A lot of High salaries for tons of people you wouldnt think deserve half a million a year. Oh, and Disney pixar has more vice presidents than the population of Austria.

These are not the kinds of things that should keep you up at night.

Perhaps JJP will be able to obtain the assets from the film, and get speech in there the way Stern did for Star Wars. Or maybe they'll get Tom Hanks at a hometown discount like how Williams convinced the biggest movie star on the planet to record speech for T2. Or maybe they'll hire Tom Hanks' brother (I love this!). Or maybe they won't do any of that stuff and you won't get any of it in the Toy Story game.

Either way...don't let it make your hair fall out. It's only pinball.

#1266 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

If they can’t swing any kind of voice work, video content/animations or the real music then it shouldn’t be built into another half assed popular themed game.

I’m not saying they need to get it all but what is toy story without these things?

I’m hoping the rumors I heard earlier in the year about them doing a new GNR are true.

Back to Pirate talk now! Arghhh

#1267 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

These are not the kinds of things that should keep you up at night.
Perhaps JJP will be able to obtain the assets from the film, and get speech in there the way Stern did for Star Wars. Or maybe they'll get Tom Hanks at a hometown discount like how Williams convinced the biggest movie star on the planet to record speech for T2. Or maybe they'll hire Tom Hanks' brother (I love this!). Or maybe they won't do any of that stuff and you won't get any of it in the Toy Story game.
Either way...don't let it make your hair fall out. It's only pinball.

Kind of what I was thinking. If Stern was able to get access to the Star Wars video, music and voice content then it must be possible.

#1268 6 years ago
Quoted from ViperJelly:

Does anyone know if there is a live feed this afternoon? Didn't see anything on facebook.

Quoted from bgwilly31:

i have not heard either. im doubting there will be one. Seems JJP are going to crawl in a hole until production starts and hope people forget or ever find out.
Personally im still on the fence. And imo jjp should be doing everything they can to persuade people like me. But im starting to realize apparently jjps most passionate collectors are not the bread winners in jjp eyes.

Next stream is tomorrow at 3 PM Central: https://twitter.com/JJPSoftware/status/988870904477339650

#1269 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Agreed. There are so many actors that can voice Toy Story. The Pig, Mr. Potato Head, Slingky, The Dinosaur. While Tom Hanks or Tom Allen would rock, I think any main character could fit the bill.

#1270 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It can't be that simple, right?

When Williams "hired" Arnold to do T2 and DE hired him for LAH, he was the biggest and highest-paid movie star on the planet. Clint Eastwood wasn't exactly troy McClure either.

Secretly, I think Fred Young did Arnold's custom call outs, and Joe Pesci, and Johnny Depp, and.....

https://www.pinballnews.com/shows/expo2006/index4.html

#1271 6 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Secretly, I think Fred Young did Arnold's voice, and Joe Pesci, and Johnny Depp, and.....
https://www.pinballnews.com/shows/expo2006/index4.html

Great. Hire that guy!

#1272 6 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Agreed. There are so many actors that can voice Toy Story. The Pig, Mr. Potato Head, Slingky, The Dinosaur. While Tom Hanks or Tom Allen would rock, I think any main character could fit the bill.

Maybe they should pick a theme like BM66 which has 100% of the assets and two main actor voice call outs

Or follow Stern on the band front with GNR and other music pins. At least you get the music

#1273 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Great. Hire that guy!

Fred runs though a bunch of his voices at Expo, but the video editing is obnoxious....

#1274 6 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

It's not a question of if other people could do a good job on the voices, it's a question of if the owners of the license will allow it. It is very unlikely because they want to protect the authenticity of the license. An "almost Tom Hanks" is not good enough, and they couldn't give two turds about pinball.

#1275 6 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

Seems JJP are going to crawl in a hole until production starts and hope people forget or ever find out.

Well we'll be crawling out of the hole doing one tomorrow. As I announced on twitter, we were going to do it yesterday, but had to move to Thursday because reasons.

#1276 6 years ago

Looking forward to the live feed Keefer! Are there any major code updates that you will be showing off?

Thanks

#1277 6 years ago

For the record, I haven't canceled my CE order yet.

For me, might as well wait and see how it all plays out. We all know what Monster Bash is but its a contender!

Skb said it was the best pin he'd ever played (before IMDN but he's friends with Elwin )

And Keith is no stiff.

#1278 6 years ago

Have you guys seen the Iron Maiden LE pics?

#1279 6 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

I have. I just got back from Wal-Mart.

#1280 6 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

Yes, but this is the POTC thread...take it elsewhere!

#1281 6 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

Yup! "Merry Christmas"

#1282 5 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Yup! "Merry Christmas"

Can't wait to see the quality control.

#1283 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

What did you buy?

#1284 5 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

What did you buy?

A Stern Zizzle.

#1285 5 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

Quoted from Skyemont:

OT: Kind of sad to see you bashing Jeremy/ZY'a art work, does it make you feel better about losing the 3 spinning disks to bag on ZY and stern? I hope POTC turns out to be everything you want it to be, I love JJP games! they are rock solid and Jack is as stand up of a guy as I have met in this industry!

By the way the low res photos posted of IMND LE don't do Jeremy's work justice (I have seen the high res photos)

#1286 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

JJP might check with Charles Band to see how much he wants for his toy stories.

toystory03 (resized).jpgtoystory03 (resized).jpg

toystory04 (resized).jpgtoystory04 (resized).jpg

#1287 5 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

OT: Kind of sad to see you bashing Jeremy/ZY'a art work, does it make you feel better about losing the 3 spinning disks to bag on ZY and stern? I hope POTC turns out to be everything you want it to be, I love JJP games! they are rock solid and Jack is as stand up of a guy as I have met in this industry!
By the way the low res photos posted of IMND LE don't do Jeremy's work justice (I have seen the high res photos)

Not bashing Stern or the art at all. Actually, there isn’t anything to bash on Iron Maiden. It’s amazing. Unique layout, great art, timely delivery, reasonably priced. Maybe JJP should take notes.

I’m not sure how you came to the conclusion I was somehow bashing the art.

#1288 5 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

Not bashing Stern or the art at all. Actually, there isn’t anything to bash on Iron Maiden. It’s amazing. Unique layout, great art, timely delivery, reasonably priced. Maybe JJP should take notes.

I just messing around with my comments. But, I do think you should go over to the other thread. This is a POTC thread not IM.

#1289 5 years ago

I had a chance to play 6 or so games on and IMDN and it is a very fun game. After playing it I had no regrets about staying with POTC on and LE preorder. I still think that you would be hard pressed to find a game with more shots, toys, and theme integration.

I appreciate is that POTC is very POTC, meaning that it would require some pretty significant changes to the toys to make it any other theme. IMDN on the other hand could have been anything (kind of wish that layout was used for Star Wars or GOTG). It really seems like Eric integrated the theme well into POTC.

In the end I think it is going to be a very good year for pinball with POTC, IMDN, and ACNC all finding their way onto the scene.

Also, don't forget the POTC live feed is this afternoon!

John

#1290 5 years ago

I wonder how they will use the camera in pirates

#1291 5 years ago
Quoted from ViperJelly:

I appreciate is that POTC is very POTC, meaning that it would require some pretty significant changes to the toys to make it any other theme. IMDN on the other hand could have been anything (kind of wish that layout was used for Star Wars or GOTG). It really seems like Eric integrated the theme well into POTC.

That's one thing I really like about JJP games. You get a sense that the playfield was designed with that specific theme in mind. Many of Sterns games have a very generic feel to them on the other hand.

#1292 5 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

That's one thing I really like about JJP games. You get a sense that the playfield was designed with that specific theme in mind. Many of Sterns games have a very generic feel to them on the other hand.

That's why you pay the extra $$$
It wouldn't surprise me if stern have a bunch of playfields ready to go just waiting for a theme. (I do like stern pins)

#1293 5 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

Sorry my post was actually directed at Skyemont, I only quoted you to give context to his post.

#1294 5 years ago

Anyone have any good insight on when they will actually start shipping?

I know they said summer but that can be anywhere from late May-Sept.

#1295 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I know they said summer but that can be anywhere from late May-Sept

Or late Nov if you live in Illinois!

#1296 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Anyone have any good insight on when they will actually start shipping?
I know they said summer but that can be anywhere from late May-Sept.

Eric told me at MGC (and stated in the Live feed) that he will be heading to JJP in May to assist with the production line change over. He also told me that he hoped they would be shipping by early June. I seen or heard someplace that he jokingly had said that he would show Jack how to do a cartwheel before he left NJ (a JJP tradition when the first pins ship). So, it's not too far off ... maybe in 6 weeks or so.

#1297 5 years ago

Has anyone from JJP shared how they are planning to fill the remaining space of the larger hole in the playfield, with the single disc spinner installed?

My original concern was how to protect the edge of the large hole in the playfield. I assume that they already have playfields ready and will have the larger hole. If the single spinner is installed it will require a spacer, this will then leave the edge of the original large PF hole, the next edge of the filler circle, it's inner edge and then the edge if the single disc spinner.

That is a lot of edges to protect from wear and clear/art chipping and flaking.

I am genuinely interested to know what the approach is for this. If there is a stock pile of PFs, will future runs have a smaller hole? I would prefer that of course

#1298 5 years ago

Isnt there a stream today of the game? Watch it today and you';ll see what the playfield looks like with the new disc. Perhaps they didn't make the final playfields yet.

Quoted from dnaman:

Has anyone from JJP shared how they are planning to fill the remaining space of the larger hole in the playfield, with the single disc spinner installed?
My original concern was how to protect the edge of the large hole in the playfield. I assume that they already have playfields ready and will have the larger hole. If the single spinner is installed it will require a spacer, this will then leave the edge of the original large PF hole, the next edge of the filler circle, it's inner edge and then the edge if the single disc spinner.
That is a lot of edges to protect from wear and clear/art chipping and flaking.
I am genuinely interested to know what the approach is for this. If there is a stock pile of PFs, will future runs have a smaller hole? I would prefer that of course

#1299 5 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Well we'll be crawling out of the hole doing one tomorrow. As I announced on twitter, we were going to do it yesterday, but had to move to Thursday because reasons.

Thats great news. Trust me im just as excited as everybody to see more of the game.

#1300 5 years ago

oh and btw a little birdie told me once production starts games will start shipping within a 2-3 weeks. At least thats what i heard.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,327 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 67.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpotc-updates-for-production/page/26?hl=bgwilly31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.