IMG_1197 (resized).jpg
IMG_1196 (resized).jpg
IMG_1195 (resized).jpg
IMG_1194 (resized).jpg
IMG_1173 (resized).jpg
IMG_1171 (resized).jpg
AFE12146-611A-4431-863C-2CD1C772E89C (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,327 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 67.
#1101 5 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Art in the stream was not final.

Why for f's sake did they show that then ? It feels like everything is being rushed all of a sudden. Why ? If it is money, then tell us. I would be more inclined to keep my order if I thought that they are being honest, but seeing what JJP already has made in the past I cannot - and will not - believe that they cannot make a box that opens and closes.

#1102 5 years ago
Quoted from dts:

IMDN LE is nearly as expensive, and will have more toys, although pinball is a little more than toys...see TNA

Yep! we can count toys and coils all day long, but toys and coils don’t always equal fun pinball.

#1103 5 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

Why for f's sake did they show that then ?

So there wouldn't be a bare spot on the playfield.

LTG : )

#1104 5 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Jack must be back in the Country.....

No yet. Checking his Facebook posts.

#1105 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Jack has been hunkered down with Jpop for the last 72 hours. Finalizing the licensing for the Real Solenoid Quickstep that’s going to save the spinning discs.

#1106 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

He was in England talking to JK Rowling about you know who....( A man can dream).

Hehe. No. We were promised first dibs on HP by WB if Rowling ever decides to un-ban pinball from the license.

—dT

#1107 5 years ago

Art in the stream was not final. It was printed and mylared for demo purposes only. Not saying it was the best strategy but thats what they had.

They would have been better off using the actual pizza from TMNT under the mylar, which everyone would have instantly understood as Not The Final Art.

#1108 5 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Jack must be back in the Country.....

Jack is back ....

IMG_0214 (resized).JPGIMG_0214 (resized).JPG

#1109 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Wait...he’s got internet access!?!?!

#1110 5 years ago

Why would they regret it, they can just buy back in if JJP changes course

Potentially moving to the back of the line.

Anyway you can get a refund all the way up until it’s ready to ship. Although it’s critically important for us to send a message by cancelling orders as well.

I cancelled my order but my distributor spoke with JJP and convinced me this is still up for discussion. So he’s kept my spot in line. 100% will cancel if I don’t get the 3 disc mechanical engineering art for my $9500.

#1111 5 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

Wait...he’s got internet access!?!?!

Quoted from OnTheSnap:

my distributor spoke with JJP and convinced me this is still up for discussion.

And distributor access.

I'd wait until he's back and the dust settles.

#1112 5 years ago
Quoted from deeproot:

Hehe. No. We were promised first dibs on HP by WB if Rowling ever decides to un-ban pinball from the license.
—dT

Your a funny guy. Keep dreaming. Pretty sure they would go with an established company that makes pins, not promises.
Make a few titles and get back with me.

#1113 5 years ago

...so, I've read enough posts which refer to the 3 disc mech as a toy. Completely disagree here. That to me is a full interactive mech IMO. A toy would be the PB topper guy.

I have confirmed that there would be zero issue in redirecting my fully prepaid funds for POTCLE to anything else. I am holding out for now as I want my LE, just struggling on the disc.

I like bling and content, keep the look with inserts and swap in the spinning disc into the 2 inner rings (or fixed with magnets) if you want. I'd consider options but not crazy with the first and current replacement.

My 2 cents. (Or in this case approximately $14K CDN)

I would love to see the next JJP pin, but that as they say is a whole 'nother story.

#1114 5 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Potentially moving to the back of the line.
Anyway you can get a refund all the way up until it’s ready to ship. Although it’s critically important for us to send a message by cancelling orders as well.
I cancelled my order but my distributor spoke with JJP and convinced me this is still up for discussion. So he’s kept my spot in line. 100% will cancel if I don’t get the 3 disc mechanical engineering art for my $9500.

Only reason i havent cancelled is because i feel like theres still a small chance this situation improves. I wonder if i talk to my distributor i can cancel to help send this message to jjp as disapproval from their customer base but still hold my spot in line.

its more than just the discs at this point. Im not happy how the company itself handled this entire debacle. They need to make it right. For now i feel the customers are being ignored and force fed.

#1115 5 years ago

I’m sticking with JJP. I played DI and Hobbit yesterday. They make some of the best games that I have ever played. I want to make sure that they are around for the long haul. Yup they screwed up. Still a young company. They will figure it out especially with all of our opinions! Haha.

#1116 5 years ago
Quoted from adborto:

I’m sticking with JJP... They make some of the best games that I have ever played. I want to make sure that they are around for the long haul.

Completely agree, I am a JJP fan without question. Just not sure that I want to stick with POTCLE at the moment, that is why I am waiting. Ultimately, I would like to hear from Jack.

Regardless, if they start shipping with the current single spinner then I have a decision to make.

#1117 5 years ago
Quoted from adborto:

I’m sticking with JJP. I played DI and Hobbit yesterday. They make some of the best games that I have ever played. I want to make sure that they are around for the long haul. Yup they screwed up. Still a young company. They will figure it out especially with all of our opinions! Haha.

Good to see somebody is taking one for the team!

I agree, still a great game

#1118 5 years ago

The amount of attention this manufacturer is getting for these small changes rivals when GM crushed all the EV-1 cars!

You guys are brutal. No wonder most manufacturers stay off this site. But this is [mostly] America where you can freely voice opinions.

#1119 5 years ago
Quoted from deeproot:

—dT

Right after your farm theme or your bible theme? Man you talk a lot and produce nothing. Further, I don't believe that statement at all.

#1120 5 years ago
Quoted from mcbPalisade:

The amount of attention this manufacturer is getting for these small changes rivals when GM crushed all the EV-1 cars!
You guys are brutal. No wonder most manufacturers stay off this site. But this is [mostly] America where you can freely voice opinions.

I completely disagree. I would imagine Jack himself and others at JJP read these posts to get a feel for the pinhead community. They also listen closely to their distributors who influence their bottom line.

You used to have to pay for potential customer info, if you could even get it. They now get a specific market overview for free from message boards where people whine, moan, compliment, laugh and cry about their company, customer service and products. Collecting Jersey machines is a rich man's sport, so I can almost guarantee that they pay close attention to what the rich men are saying and doing related to their products and service.

Hi Jack! : ) - Your customer service is awesome, and I'm sure this setback will get fixed.

#1121 5 years ago
Quoted from mcbPalisade:

You guys are brutal.

Ummmm no.......we are honest and passionate. Go check out any IMDN thread.....can not find any negative comments outside of the music. Lot of good exchange goes on here.....if it seems a thread is not of a tone to your liking, drain it. Kindly don't stereotype us all as brutal simply because you disapprove of customers giving great feedback.....some of which manufactures use (i.e. dialed in art criticism).

#1122 5 years ago

We'll have a mini-interview (10-12 questions) with Eric Meunier on TWIP on Monday.

#1123 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Your a funny guy. Keep dreaming. Pretty sure they would go with an established company that makes pins, not promises.
Make a few titles and get back with me.

I feel for Jack. And am not surprised he has chosen to not use Pinside to damage control. Case in point ... I state a true and verifiable fact, something I disclosed to TWIP and Kaneda months ago, and it gets the normal ‘Pinside’ response. Y’all can do better...

—Robert

#1124 5 years ago
Quoted from deeproot:

I feel for Jack. And am not surprised he has chosen to not use Pinside to damage control. Case in point ... I state a true and verifiable fact, something I disclosed to TWIP and Kaneda months ago, and it gets the normal ‘Pinside’ response. Y’all can do better...
—Robert

#1125 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I would imagine Jack himself and others at JJP read these posts to get a feel for the pinhead community.

I do not believe Jack reads these threads himself, but their content definitely gets back to him. I once posted a blurb about something Jack said about Stern and literally 10 mins later Jack emails me clarifying what he had said. When you're selling $9,000 toys and at most can hope to sell 2,000 of them, you'd have to be insane not to be constantly getting the pulse of your most passionate customers (i.e. Pinsiders).

#1126 5 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

I do not believe Jack reads these threads himself

Why wouldn’t he be?

People are talking about his company, of course he is.

What is said here directly impacts his company, he needs to digest the information and formulate a course of action.

rd

#1127 5 years ago

Nothing is final until they start shipping.

It would not surprise me if the cancelations are so high that they reverse course.

#1128 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Why wouldn’t he be?

He's out of the Country....

#1129 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Nothing is final until they start shipping.
It would not surprise me if the cancelations are so high that they reverse course.

Can't happen. Two webcasts or whatever they were called as well as an employee posted on pinside that this is it, we are gonna start shipping.

They wouldn't lie to viewers.

I saw it on the Internet so it must be true....

#1130 5 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Is he in Somalia? I'm pretty sure they at least have dial up...

#1131 5 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

I’ve heard you can read Pinside sorta anywhere these days...

2B66D1BE-9C2C-44F9-AEDA-A257E2FDDE34 (resized).jpeg2B66D1BE-9C2C-44F9-AEDA-A257E2FDDE34 (resized).jpeg

#1132 5 years ago
Quoted from deeproot:

I disclosed to Kaneda months ago

We missed the memo.

#1133 5 years ago

Curious if anyone from the Chicago area went to the 257 POTC open invitation? Seems like a great place (with alcohol) to talk directly with Eric and team to see if there was Any flexibility to the plan? Sadly I missed it traveling, just wondering if anyone made it. I think it was from 6-9 on Friday.

#1134 5 years ago

Jack reads pinside. I got a call from him once half an hour after posting a question here about where the keys were in a DI that had just been delivered.

#1135 5 years ago
Quoted from deeproot:

I state a true and verifiable fact, something I disclosed to TWIP and Kaneda months ago, and it gets the normal ‘Pinside’ response. Y’all can do better...

Alright, I’ll bite...

How can we verify your statement is true and Warner Brother’s gave you a right of first refusal on the Harry Potter license theme pending JKR giving approval for any a pinball machine? Are you able to show us the right of first refusal of a right of first negotiation agreement or something? Just wondering how what you are saying is a fact is verifiable by us?

#1136 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Alright, I’ll bite...
How can we verify your statement is true and Warner Brother’s gave you a right of first refusal on the Harry Potter license theme pending JKR giving approval for any a pinball machine? Are you able to show us the right of first refusal? Just wondering how what you are saying is a fact is verifiable by us?

Tiger, dont bother. Its way above Warner Bros management, and Universal MPA. He doesnt even mention Universal so I already new he was full of it. This is a megalith of a franchise with so many hands in the pot, even approval is beyond JKR probably.
Sadly, one of many reasons we will never see a Harry Potter pin.

#1137 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

We missed the memo.

So did Robert and Kaneda....

#1138 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

PotC standard is going to have way more than Maiden LE though, and certainly BoM will be way, way higher ... and it's cheaper to buy.
Anyway, slightly off topic, but it's kind of a shame that DI or an original game like it didn't come sooner. Without it, TNA might not have happened, and Stern certainly wouldn't be doing an original Ritchie theme.
Given the license restrictions that have become apparent (including Zimmer probably road-blocking the music when Disney were fine with it), I wonder if JJP wish they'd done an original pirate theme.
If this started development after the success of DI, my bet is that it would have been.
It would have given them total creative freedom with art, sound and media, and anyone who's not a fan of PotC probably would have preferred it.

Ericnsaidnitnwasnt Disney or Zimmer. It's a separate company that owns the rights to the music and they quote: "offered them the moon for the soundtrack."

#1139 5 years ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

Ericnsaidnitnwasnt Disney or Zimmer. It's a separate company that owns the rights to the music and they quote: "offered them the moon for the soundtrack."

Wonder how far along the next title is, maybe just cancel POTC and move on. The expense is in manufacturing the games not the design. Probably should have done then when they saw how restrictive the licensing was gonna be, now this...

#1140 5 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

Wonder how far along the next title is, maybe just cancel POTC and move on. The expense is in manufacturing the games not the design. Probably should have done then when they saw how restrictive the licensing was gonna be, now this...

A stupid suggestion no matter how many times you repost it

#1141 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Why wouldn’t he be?
People are talking about his company, of course he is.
What is said here directly impacts his company, he needs to digest the information and formulate a course of action.
rd

It’s not his company anymore.
During the hobbit and WOZ days he was obsessed with pinside and posting some legendary comments.
I heard the new boss put an end to that.

#1142 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Curious if anyone from the Chicago area went to the 257 POTC open invitation? Seems like a great place (with alcohol) to talk directly with Eric and team to see if there was Any flexibility to the plan? Sadly I missed it traveling, just wondering if anyone made it. I think it was from 6-9 on Friday.

Yeah, I went! It was great.

I got a little too drunk and kept throwing my arm around Eric and slurring suggestions about how to “fix” the situation. I woke up in a gutter, but I have a good feeling about the whole thing! My memory is a little fuzzy but I think Eric was really into my ideas.

#1143 5 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

It’s not his company anymore.
During the hobbit and WOZ days he was obsessed with pinside and posting some legendary comments.
I heard the new boss put an end to that.

Where did you hear this? If you're implying that no one at JJP browses msg boards as a customer litmus test, you're implying that the company is outright stupid. I find this incredibly difficult to believe... Also, how would the "new boss" stop Jack from reading webpages? It's not like it takes long. I could browse this entire thread for a general sense in about 15 minutes.

#1144 5 years ago

Maybe he no longer posts, but lurks. It’s a lot safer.

#1145 5 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

The expense is in manufacturing the games not the design.

Stern always says that the current development cost for a game is $1,000,000

Licensing costs

Programming costs

Engineering costs

Art design costs

Voice acting costs

Music costs

Prototyping costs

Just throw all that away?

#1146 5 years ago
Quoted from deeproot:

—dT

Quoted from deeproot:

—Robert

Frankly, I'm surprised that half the board hasn't muted you already. We can do better? You're the one spouting a bunch of BS that you either can't back up, or aren't allowed to legally post information about (which would bring into question how you're even talking about it at all.....GOOD GOD ANYONE ELSE GETTING PREDATOR VIBES?). #wherestheproof

I tell you what...you want to prove something, shoot me a PM, convince me to drive down to San Antonio in mid June. I'll see if my wife is interested in taking part of our vacation down there and you can show me the proof. In person. I'll sign a *limited* NDA as long as it doesn't restrict my ability to talk about whether or not I feel like your company is legit or not based on what you choose to let me see, and that I can talk about the types of things I saw without mentioning licenses or specifics. /shrug It's a 10 hour round trip drive for me.. I don't have really much to lose here other than 2 days and a hotel stay...how much would you like to wager?

#1147 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I went - it was a good time. Got to talk to Eric and play the game.
The rules on POTC are pretty great - lot's of good stuff in there.

Also, the revamped spinning disk looked better in person than in pictures.

#1148 5 years ago

I would think from an operators point of view, removing anything that was problematic in a prototype machine that would cause a game to become unreliable and out of service for an extended period of time, would be a good thing.

#1149 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I would think from an operators point of view, removing anything that was problematic in a prototype machine that would cause a game to become unreliable and out of service for an extended period of time, would be a good thing.

Absolutely, but most home collectors are looking for new/fresh mechs/designs (which are few and far between). Most mechs have been around decades and this mech was definitely new/fresh...but hey, if it doesn't work reliably I respect JJP for dealing with it prior to shipping. Ignoring the issues to appease collectors would have been the wrong decision.

Good example of the tension between designing for ops vs. collectors.

snaroff

#1150 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Blasphemy; this is a collectors market and we want games that don’t work and are completely unreliable....but that looks good with good themes like aliens and big lewbowski. Enough with these working games.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,327 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 67.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpotc-updates-for-production/page/23?hl=fantarama and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.