IMG_1197 (resized).jpg
IMG_1196 (resized).jpg
IMG_1195 (resized).jpg
IMG_1194 (resized).jpg
IMG_1173 (resized).jpg
IMG_1171 (resized).jpg
AFE12146-611A-4431-863C-2CD1C772E89C (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,327 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 67.
#1051 6 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Well, POTC is a great game, I played it at TPF. But for me, the triple spinner was integral to it. IMDN is a very different type of game altogether. And no Johnny Depp... Apples to Oranges. Fun factor is huge with newer Stern games.

How did you score a imdnle this late?

#1052 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

"The price is what you pay, the value is what you get"

The value may not be in the price you pay.

#1053 6 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

The value may not be in the price you pay.

Exactly, that's the point Sky

#1054 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

If you mean the Twitch video, I'd like to see it with the disc art they will use, not a mock up that day.

Didn't Eric say in the same video it wouldn't obstruct the stars ?
LTG : )

He did say that around the 9:10 mark but a couple others have mentioned they think it still may be partially obscured.

Wait and see i guess and yes it would be nice to see the actual replacement art.
Hopefully it will be significantly better!

#1055 6 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

How did you score a imdnle this late?

Oh, I just called some distros and got lucky. But note to self, don’t post that here...

#1056 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

We don't know yet if that has been changed. If moved to the screen, it can still be in the game.
LTG : )

Per Eric yesterday when I pulled up with him regarding the single vs the triple disc and asking if it the original had sensors for the awards

"It's functional the same as far as that goes. The awards were random in software anyways. Shown on screen now."

#1057 6 years ago

I preordered right after playing it at the Chicago Expo through flipnout1 , and I am still in. I don’t have any JJP games yet in my collection, and I still can’t wait for my JJPOTCLE despite the rings being turned into the typical single disc mech. I am kinda in the collector mode of thinking this is Eric’s first game, so why not (after telling Jack that I can’t believe he redid a theme) . Yeah it has 2 less features to it , but if the designer says it is more reliable and he is good with it, I am still in. Keith and Joe are amazing on the software side too, so I know it is going to be a fun game in the lineup! Actually whomever wants to be invited to the Tortuga party in the Louisville area , let me know.

Lastly, it is pirates. Arghhhh!!!!!!!

#1058 6 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I keep hearing this, but what’s the big deal? It’s different (uh-oh, look out). If you don’t want to go up to the mini playfield, than don’t hit the damn ramp. I love ramps in general and the fact that they usually return the ball to the flipper, because it’s fun and flowy. But most ramp shots are no more impactful than any other shot on the playfield might be. So in this case, the ramp serves an actual purpose other than collecting one reward on one shot, that is, delivering you to the ship.
What’s the big deal?

Haven’t played Potc so have no opinion on it yet. But as a former WWE owner I understand concern about the possible overuse of a gimmick upper playfield like that.

#1059 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Looks like they are still taking orders by showing the good version of the game today.
No signs warning potential buyers that this is not the game you will receive:

atleast that makes refund issues a little easier it is misleading.

#1060 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

5700 now for pro but yes le sld be compared to le....

PotC standard is going to have way more than Maiden LE though, and certainly BoM will be way, way higher ... and it's cheaper to buy.

Anyway, slightly off topic, but it's kind of a shame that DI or an original game like it didn't come sooner. Without it, TNA might not have happened, and Stern certainly wouldn't be doing an original Ritchie theme.

Given the license restrictions that have become apparent (including Zimmer probably road-blocking the music when Disney were fine with it), I wonder if JJP wish they'd done an original pirate theme.

If this started development after the success of DI, my bet is that it would have been.

It would have given them total creative freedom with art, sound and media, and anyone who's not a fan of PotC probably would have preferred it.

#1061 5 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

He also said there was what ... Like 1.3 sextillion options ....*pulling leg*

I think there is some confusion now. As far as I understand it, the 1.3 sextillion (lol) options are realised because of the random choice of one of the 125 chapters from the 5 movies, in joncuntion with the character you choose to play with.

The disc were there for rewarding extra's and bonusses (216 or 261 dfifferent ones), so that is not influencing the number of different possible games.

So someone correct me if I am wrong but essentially nothing has changed. The chapters are there, the characters are there and also the discs are in the game but changed from physical to digital.

#1062 5 years ago

Boy hasn't the Shit hit the fan!. I'm not a fan of disc's but if I have to have one I want it to work. I'm glad they tried to make it work rather than never haved tried. I've watched the stream a couple of times and I think (I'm going to cop it for this) the game is coming along really well. I like the animations the music the sound of the bell makes you feel like you're on a ship. Everytime they do a new stream it gets better and better (except the discs and the trunk) .The idea of the discs will still be there and I am looking forward to plundering balls and score off my mates. We haven't seen how the discs work on the screen yet or video mode. There is still a lot more to come on this packed machine. To people who are going to IMDN because a toy has been downgraded please. To everyone who has cancelled their order I think you are just depriving your self of the most feature packed pin ever made. If anyone can think of a pin with more features please let me know.

IMG_20180421_163341 (resized).jpgIMG_20180421_163341 (resized).jpg

#1063 5 years ago

Ok I have been thinking about this for a week now, due to the fact that I still was not able to cancel my CE order, and for me it boils down to this:

The game seems fantastic to me. The looks, the screen, the graphics, the sounds, the possibilities, the game etc. Featurewise it is still very strong, but saying that I also must think about the fact that there were 5 motorised or coiled "moving" toys in the original concept being the upper playfield, three rings and the chest opening and closing.

From those five there are two left, being the upper playfield and the new disc. For me that takes the machine out of the territory that I want to spend 17000 dollar on it (price in Europe), but at the same time if I change my order to an LE I will also miss out on the motorised topper which I think is brilliant.

Ironically the changes on the machine were made to be able to get the machine in production and deliver a more reliable package, but now I am doubting that I want it because of how much it costs and what you get for that kind of money.

I love JJP and this actually breaks my heart, but I am in the position that I need to work for my money and have to make choices where to spend it. I think I will not spend it now on the POTC and that actually makes me sad. First world problems, I know. Maybe if I can play it more somewhere I will change my mind.

#1064 5 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

:
The game seems fantastic to me. The looks, the screen, the graphics, the sounds, the possibilities, the game etc. Featurewise it is still very strong, .

Seems weird to pull out due to the amount of motors.

#1065 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Seems weird to pull out due to the amount of motors.

Yes, if you take that as the reason, it sure does. What you fail to see is the changes that makes to the experience AND the fact that we have to gotten to know the machine differently.

The game has changed, period. It's not because of two 5 dollar motors and a 10 dollar coil that I am reconsidering a 17000 dollar toy. If you fail to see that, then I cannot help that.

#1066 5 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

The game has changed, period.

Mate the ball still ricochets off a disc and a lid doesn't open how has game play changed

#1067 5 years ago

Maybe this will be solved when Jack gets back in the Country.

#1068 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I am looking forward to plundering balls and score off my mates.

You Aussies and your weird sex hobbies ....

rd

#1069 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

You Aussies and your weird sex hobbies ....

rd

At least there not sheep balls

#1070 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

So many point out that the flyer mentions subject to change.I don’t think anyone disputes that however if they only replaced it with something that actually looked good. People most likely would live with it then an move on. Instead they chose some really shitty art.
I also think if JJP dug in and got that box to work, it would certainly help as well.

Same on me ... I pre-ordered for over 10.000 EURO month ago. Now the price is lowered due to week dollar.
Now they come around with this pizza-looking single disc ...

So I expect from my dealer that he brings the pre-order price also to an actual standart , I expect from JJP that they fix that pizza-look, add magnets and some inserts instead of the discs, that would be okay for me. But 10 K EURO for that ugly beast .... NO !

#1071 5 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

The chapters are there, the characters are there and also the discs are in the game but changed from physical to digital.

And thats exactly the problem.
a pinball MACHINE is (has to be) a phsyical gaming device. a spinning virtualized map? no way.

#1072 5 years ago

I do not understand why JJP has not simply kept the former design of the disc and adjusted it only to one moving disc. Everyboey was used to this outfit and the backbox spinning could detail simply the spin in the playfield. Thus they could have kept the former hole in the playfield and the dimension if the spinning disc itself.

#1073 5 years ago
Quoted from Zora:

I do not understand why JJP has not simply kept the former design of the disc and adjusted it only to one moving disc. Everyboey was used to this outfit and the backbox spinning could detail simply the spin in the playfield. Thus they could have kept the former hole in the playfield and the dimension if the spinning disc itself.

Like any business it was cheaper to go the other way.

#1074 5 years ago

Wish Eric the very best, but just cancelled my order this morning. While the spinning discs was a little bit of a bummer, I'm sure they will make this great. But I cancelled because Iron Maiden is joining my collection. I hope one day I'll have to buy Pirates too.

#1075 5 years ago

Like any business it was cheaper to go the other way.

That is nor what I meant. You can use the former compass look for the one spinning disc as well. Remove the 3 disc mech, but use the disc look from the 3 spinning discs for the one dic.

#1076 5 years ago

I was a LE buy (with deposit) and maybe still will but I won't decide until I play final version. Don't like the new look. Don't want to get something that is cobbled together last minute that could have a major impact on ball flow/looks. I get a pinball machine for the mechanical interaction. If I want a video mech I will play my PS4 on a 130" screen. Getting the CE topper would likely make up for the lost of the 3 ring mech. But I want to test the gameplay of the new disc and how it looks in the game.

#1077 5 years ago
Quoted from master_of_chaos:

And thats exactly the problem.
a pinball MACHINE is (has to be) a phsyical gaming device. a spinning virtualized map? no way.

It still has a physical spinning map. You should watch the latest stream

#1078 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

So let me get this straight

4 - rumored no ships sails as were once said would be added
What else am I missing?

I saw a post from Back Alley on the sails but based on the pic I could not see room to put the sails on the rocking ship without a ship redesign (which is the last possible thing JJP should do). There is room on the British Ship that is shot at but it did not look should like it would go there.

#1079 5 years ago

Could the sails be for the topper?

#1080 5 years ago
#1081 5 years ago

I am hearing from my dist that there is still a chance for JJP to change course on this decision.

So guys that are abandoning ship (pun intended) may regret it of they pull a 180. OTOH, guys abandoning ship are probably the real motivator for them to reverse course. In a sense it’s the official vote.

#1082 5 years ago

It would seem there have been a ton of cancellations which may force JJP to change track again.

Things haven't been helped by Maiden being such a hit.

All JJP need is for MBR to be announced next week.

#1083 5 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

OTOH, guys abandoning ship are probably the real motivator for them to reverse course. In a sense it’s the official vote.

Yep, vote with your cash.

If you are not happy with the downgrading of the spinner and chest = cancel .

If enough people cancel, they will have to give us what we paid for.

#1084 5 years ago

Maiden is also way cheaper

#1085 5 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Maiden is also way cheape

And has no toys

#1086 5 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

I am hearing from my dist that there is still a chance for JJP to change course on this decision.
So guys that are abandoning ship (pun intended) may regret it of they pull a 180. OTOH, guys abandoning ship are probably the real motivator for them to reverse course. In a sense it’s the official vote.

I'm hoping you're right, this decision doesn't just hurt this tables sales, it hurts my faith in the company at large.

#1087 5 years ago

IMDN LE is nearly as expensive, and will have more toys, although pinball is a little more than toys...see TNA

#1088 5 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Maiden is also way cheaper

Quoted from OnTheSnap:

And has no toys

I think maidien is very good for what it is but in no way is comparable to potc. 2 total different levels of pinball but for maidens price point its a step up for stern especially the premium from the sounds of it.

#1089 5 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Jack must be back in the Country.....

#1090 5 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

And has no toys

True but the difference is that JJP’S model has focused around toys while Stern hasn’t.

#1091 5 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Yeah, could very well be. Jack really does care about his customers so I wouldn't be surprised if he's the one to say lets try and get the 3x spinning disk to work or be onboard for another solution.

#1092 5 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

I was guessing and it was only a guess that he might have been somewhere in Asia looking for somebody that could make his disc thing work.

#1093 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yeah, could very well be. Jack really does care about his customers so I wouldn't be surprised if he's the one to say lets try and get the 3x spinning disk to work or be onboard for another solution.

Jack does care. He will be first to tell you he didn't get into pinball thinking he would get rich. He just wanted to make top notch, unique, hard games and bring pinball into the 21st century. And FYI, he's still not getting rich, lives in a mansion or drives a Ferrari or Tesla.

#1094 5 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

So guys that are abandoning ship (pun intended) may regret it of they pull a 180

Why would they regret it, they can just buy back in if JJP changes course

#1095 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I was guessing and it was only a guess that he might have been somewhere in Asia looking for somebody that could make his disc thing work.

He was in England talking to JK Rowling about you know who....( A man can dream).

#1096 5 years ago

one thing i really cant understand,how the hell did they think that spinning disc art was gonna be accepted? it does not match the entire playfield in anyway and i think this added to the rejection of it also. no offense but who approved this art ? please go get an eye exam.

#1097 5 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

one thing i really cant understand,how the hell did they think that spinning disc art was gonna be accepted? it does not match the entire playfield in anyway and i think this added to the rejection of it also. no offense but who approved this art ? please go get an eye exam.

Art in the stream was not final. It was printed and mylared for demo purposes only. Not saying it was the best strategy but thats what they had. If people keep cancelling JJP might have to change course

#1098 5 years ago

So we are back in the denial stage?

Didn’t expect this regression but I’ll go with it.

#1099 5 years ago

Art in the stream was not final. It was printed and mylared for demo purposes only. Not saying it was the best strategy but thats what they had. If people keep cancelling JJP might have to change course

i know its not final but it was a very bad decision. doesnt take long to make a piece of art to fit that spec. something other than “pizza” i am not an artist, but i would have gave that a thumbs down if i was in charge.

#1100 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

He was in England talking to JK Rowling about you know who....( A man can dream).

JK Rowling-

" I'll consider it now, but first how are the sales and how has the reception been for your latest pinball game?"

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 38.00
$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 3,327 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 67.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpotc-updates-for-production/page/22?hl=kirboturbo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.