IMG_1197 (resized).jpg
IMG_1196 (resized).jpg
IMG_1195 (resized).jpg
IMG_1194 (resized).jpg
IMG_1173 (resized).jpg
IMG_1171 (resized).jpg
AFE12146-611A-4431-863C-2CD1C772E89C (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,327 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 67.
#1001 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

What’s the basic model, $8500?

Yes.

8,500 basic
9,500 LE
12,500 CE

#1002 6 years ago
Quoted from Genjuro:

ill have it at some point near my 220 gallon saltwater aquarium.

Bah, unimpressive. What you're supposed to have is a bulldog and 4k TV

#1003 6 years ago

I think it’s been mentioned a few times, but if it was originally shown without the triple disc and just the small disc would people still have an issue with it? I Understand the frustration but I don’t think people would’ve had an issue with the disc if they never knew what it originally was. I do think they mishandled this release, but I do like how they field test games before production, so I don’t know the right answer.

When I ordered a DI I remember quite a few people being down on the pin, but it has slowly gained steam. I feel like even with release issues and all, POTC will end up being a solid game with big sales (for jjp). Only time will tell but I hope jjp learns a lesson from this.

#1004 6 years ago
Quoted from Procrastinator:

I think it’s been mentioned a few times, but if it was originally shown without the triple disc and just the small disc would people still have an issue with it? I Understand the frustration but I don’t think people would’ve had an issue with the disc if they never knew what it originally was. I do think they mishandled this release, but I do like how they field test games before production, so I don’t know the right answer.
When I ordered a DI I remember quite a few people being down on the pin, but it has slowly gained steam. I feel like even with release issues and all, POTC will end up being a solid game with big sales (for jjp). Only time will tell but I hope jjp learns a lesson from this.

the thing is they sold this pin massively due to this innovation triple disk, and promite it over and over and over again as revolutionnary, so take it out and saying it s minor tweaking is a bit too much to expect no reactions for pre orderer who did so due to those disk and the incredible layout / code

now as said many many time, it s just something that doesn t belong to the art playfield
for me and to keep my CE, they would need to put back on the layout of the triple disk, no spinning disk at all, and make those insert shine to create the effect of disk spinning, but since it s not gonna happen, i ll cancel my CE soon (waiting some time just in case...) and i ll see if a std or LE will fit for me or not.

#1005 6 years ago
Quoted from Raknitz:

the thing is they sold this pin massively due to this innovation triple disk, and promite it over and over and over again as revolutionnary, so take it out and saying it s minor tweaking is a bit too much to expect no reactions for pre orderer who did so due to those disk and the incredible layout / code
now as said many many time, it s just something that doesn t belong to the art playflied

As mentioned before...they did nothing wrong. This stuff could ALWAYS change. They are TESTING. On promos it states... Specifications and Features Subject to Change...... well, some features changed.

#1006 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

As mentioned before...they did nothing wrong. This stuff could ALWAYS change. They are TESTING. On promos it states... Specifications and Features Subject to Change...... well, some features changed.

i dont disagree, just jjp cant be suprised some of the pre ordrer feel "betrayed" from what they have been shown / told / sold and the sudden change that lower the "mojo" for some on this pin

#1007 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

You can have my CE then Ted! Congrats

#1008 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Quoted from Raknitz:

i dont disagree, just jjp cant be suprised some of the pre ordrer feel "betrayed" from what they have been shown / told / sold and the sudden change that lower the "mojo" for some on this pin

I agree with both of these statements. The only advice I can give is this: If the 3 spinning disk is why you purchased the pirates and it's no longer available, DON'T BUY IT!!! MOVE ON!!!

#1009 6 years ago

If the 3 spinning disk was THE reason for so many folks purchasing, then the game has deeper issues connecting with people. For me, the license is just "meh"...especially since I've already owned Stern POTC (which was a decent game). Also really looking forward to Toy Story.

snaroff

#1010 6 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I agree with both of these statements. The only advice I can give is this: If the 3 spinning disk is why you purchased the pirates and it's no longer available, DON'T BUY IT!!! MOVE ON!!!

I think that is what has happened here.

The buzz is all but dead for the game now. Hopefully, things will change after it is released.

#1011 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You can have my CE then Ted! Congrats

I'll take your CE, as long as it's paid in full. I'll let you know where to ship it, thanks.

#1012 6 years ago

It's not all bad news for JJP. I've never wanted a Dialed In more than I do now. They'll still get my money at least.

#1013 6 years ago

I'm out on POTC LE and now on the list for Iron Maiden LE. I'd go back if they fixed the disc but...that ship has sailed!

#1014 6 years ago

Three discs is why I wanted a POTC. At $9k / $10k I saw the game was packed and I was willing to violate every financial principle I cherish to buy a toy. Remember discs were more than a feature, they were a badass assembly with state of the art technology. Without triple discs, the game is still packed, but is way more than I am willing to spend anyways. So yes, dumping the discs equals one less sale for JJP unless you find me a nib POTCLE shipping for $8.5k. In which case I'll take it.

#1015 6 years ago

Regarding the discs, you know that feeling you get, when you know something is missing. You might never even use that socket, but knowing it's gone always bothers you.

As a side note, I think I am the only person who is more hung up by the Chest than the Discs. I think they at least addressed the Discs. Changed the Bom and design to build a more reliable game. The chest, they just decoupled the moving parts and are calling that a solution. If the chest was changed to one cast piece I'd get it. But to have a non-functioning chest with what should have been all the moving internals, that is the part that feels shoddy to me at this point.

1511-sockets (resized).jpg1511-sockets (resized).jpg

#1016 6 years ago

Pinball is much different than most electronic industries.

At HP if we (as engineers) gave an unfinished/tested product to a customer and expected them to debug it for us we would be out on the street.

In pinball developers ask that you download log files on already sold products and send them in so they can get their project closer to "finished." Most people don't bat an eye at this.

Boggles my mind

#1017 6 years ago
Quoted from mcbPalisade:

At HP if we (as engineers) gave an unfinished/tested product to a customer and expected them to debug it for us we would be out on the street.

In pinball developers ask that you download log files on already sold products and send them in so they can get their project closer to "finished." Most people don't bat an eye at this.

Uh...early release software is super common! Beta testing has been pushed on the public a lot in recent years. Between opt-in beta programs for all kinds of major electronics and PC gear to just "ship and patch it later" mentality, there's a whole lot of unfinished software being sold. Apps crash and ask for bug reports, PC software does the same. As society demands things sooner and more quickly, often times they unknowingly opt into a less polished experience.

#1018 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Uh...early release software is super common!

Yep, even your TV has to be firmware upgraded the moment you pull it from the box.

#1019 6 years ago

JJPOTC looks like a great pin either way, but I am still really disappointed at the loss of the three disks. The whole thing makes me think of this:

#1020 6 years ago
Quoted from dts:

I'm out on POTC LE and now on the list for Iron Maiden LE. I'd go back if they fixed the disc but...that ship has sailed!

I don't blame you for switching,Iron Maiden has all those cool toys!

#1021 6 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I don't blame you for switching,Iron Maiden has all those cool toys!

Well, you know JJP wins in the toy department, without the triple spinner. But Stern is making some really fun games now and I love the flow on Iron Maiden.

#1022 6 years ago
Quoted from mcbPalisade:

Pinball is much different than most electronic industries.
Boggles my mind

It shouldn’t boggle your mind.

Since you work there, you probably know HP isn’t selling pinball machines. There’s a lot of stuff we do at my Job differently than the Pinball industry as well, it doesn’t boggle my mind.

#1023 6 years ago

I agree it's a great game still, and WAY more packed vs Iron maiden. I mean IMDN looks like an amazing layout, but has no toys at all. Yes LE will have some. But no way it's packed like POTC. So yeah, I find it kind of amusing that guys getting out of POTC, jumping to IMDN based on the loss of a toy, yet accept a pin with almost no toys. Albeit a big cost difference.

I canceled my POTCLE order. Because to begin with, the hype for that machine has been dwindling with me because of 9 months that happened since its reveal. I've watched so many streams of it, I'm not feeling excited. This is where I was before the announcement of loosing the disks.

Frankly, I never wanted the disks before this week. Just seemed to detract from the sheer shot making on the game. But I liked the 200+ random mystery award aspect, and I loved how it looked. Intricate, innovative. I was impressed with the engineering of it (like a fine watch).

So FF to this week, with it removed. On one hand, I didn't like the "spinning thing" messing with the ball. yet I loose something I thought was innovative and impressive engineering. Second, the designer doesn't like the new solution. He appears deflated on the video. And on the live stream the enthusiasm from previous streams was gone.

So through this, the fascination, excitement, hype was gone. Replaced with something I didn't like cosmetically. So ultimately I couldn't see a path to love the game and keep my order.

Loving my DILE, TNA. Can't get myself to like Hobbit or Woz yet. Trying. Maybe I stay with 2 pins until something really appeals to me. getting my a** kicked by these 2 games anyway. I think my TNA ball time avg is like 15s. And out of 150 plays only made it to reactor 3 a handful of times.

#1024 6 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

I agree it's a great game still, and WAY more packed vs Iron maiden. I mean IMDN looks like an amazing layout, but has no toys at all. Yes LE will have some. But no way it's packed like POTC. So yeah, I find it kind of amusing that guys getting out of POTC, jumping to IMDN based on the loss of a toy, yet accept a pin with almost no toys. Albeit a big cost difference.

Well, POTC is a great game, I played it at TPF. But for me, the triple spinner was integral to it. IMDN is a very different type of game altogether. And no Johnny Depp... Apples to Oranges. Fun factor is huge with newer Stern games.

#1025 6 years ago

I think it’s been mentioned a few times, but if it was originally shown without the triple disc and just the small disc would people still have an issue with it?

To me these things cost so much that a feature that special was a way to feel like you're getting something extra. You could never add a mod that nice.

#1026 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Uh...early release software is super common! Beta testing has been pushed on the public a lot in recent years. Between opt-in beta programs for all kinds of major electronics and PC gear to just "ship and patch it later" mentality, there's a whole lot of unfinished software being sold.

I see, so buying some pinball machines is agreeing to the "opt-in" beta program. Got it.

I don't have to send my logs to the manufacturer when I update my [insert_your_favorite_appliance_here]. Guess you don't have to do it anytime if you don't want to.

Guess my MMr seems complete because it was started in 1997. Caveat Emptor

#1027 6 years ago

Looks like they are still taking orders by showing the good version of the game today.

No signs warning potential buyers that this is not the game you will receive:

PATZ420 (resized).jpgPATZ420 (resized).jpg

#1028 6 years ago

So many point out that the flyer mentions subject to change.I don’t think anyone disputes that however if they only replaced it with something that actually looked good. People most likely would live with it then an move on. Instead they chose some really shitty art.

I also think if JJP dug in and got that box to work, it would certainly help as well.

#1029 6 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Looks like they are still taking orders by showing the good version of the game today.

No signs warning potential buyers that this is not the game you will receive:

That's probably because the mech is so unreliable

#1030 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I also think if JJP dug in and got that box to work, it would certainly help as well.

I looked at the playfield on the pictures that are on the JJP website and I think when the trunk is open all the time it will cover up the star display partially, so that feature is also half gone.

#1031 6 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

I looked at the playfield on the pictures that are on the JJP website and I think when the trunk is open all the time it will cover up the star display partially, so that feature is also half gone.

Oh snap, you’re right!

#1032 6 years ago

This will end up costing jjp more than they think. I widh them well but this is still a major fuck up! Pardon my french.

#1033 6 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

except on the ramp up to the moving ship, which is where they need one

I keep hearing this, but what’s the big deal? It’s different (uh-oh, look out). If you don’t want to go up to the mini playfield, than don’t hit the damn ramp. I love ramps in general and the fact that they usually return the ball to the flipper, because it’s fun and flowy. But most ramp shots are no more impactful than any other shot on the playfield might be. So in this case, the ramp serves an actual purpose other than collecting one reward on one shot, that is, delivering you to the ship.

What’s the big deal?

#1034 6 years ago

So let me get this straight

1 - no triple disk
2 - Shit replacement art and single disk
3 - trunk stuck open and partially obscures star chart
4 - rumored no ships sails as were once said would be added

What else am I missing?

#1035 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

What else am I missing?

Taking orders today by showing the better version?

#1036 6 years ago

Still with all these changes, it's better than this.

Screenshot_20180420-204701 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20180420-204701 (resized).jpg

#1037 6 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

They are both good games, POTC will be a lot deeper codewise I think. But what Stern does better is they do not show what features there are in the premium or LE until they are certain that is what you will get.

By the way you are comparing a IMDN pro with a machine that has no pro equivalent. Let's just wait and see what the IMDN LE delivers until you conclude that POTC is better, because the price of POTC is more like the IMDN LE, not the pro.

#1038 6 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

The music is better, that's for sure.............

#1039 6 years ago

I would take POTC over Iron Maiden based on quality of LCD animations alone. The animations from JJP on POTC make those on Iron Maiden look really bad. Not enough close.

#1040 6 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

They are both good games, POTC will be a lot deeper codewise I think. But what Stern does better is they do not show what features there are in the premium or LE until they are certain that is what you will get.
By the way you are comparing a IMDN pro with a machine that has no pro equivalent. Let's just wait and see what the IMDN LE delivers until you conclude that POTC is better, because the price of POTC is more like the IMDN LE, not the pro.

I'm not saying IM sucks. I'm just saying even with the 3 disk now 1, it's still got more going on. That's all I'm saying.

Screenshot_20180420-210444 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20180420-210444 (resized).jpg

Screenshot_20180420-210002 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20180420-210002 (resized).jpg

#1041 6 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I'm not saying IM sucks. I'm just saying even with the 3 disk now 1, it's still got more going on. That's all I'm saying.

Exactly some people are comparing a 5300 machine to a 9500 machine...thats like saying mother theresa and stormy daniels are both the same because they are women. *in case people take this seriously...im saying this with laughter*

#1042 6 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

They are completely different types of games, really not a great comparison. JJP makes awesome games. But flow on IMDN looks phenomenal. The only reason I posted here like some others was in the hope that someone in management at JJP might actually read this stream and decide to fix the triple spinner and treasure chest. Many would go back to POTC if they kept the original vision for it.

#1043 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

What else am I missing?

Quoted from Psw757:

2 - Shit replacement art and single disk

If you mean the Twitch video, I'd like to see it with the disc art they will use, not a mock up that day.

Quoted from Psw757:

3 - trunk stuck open and partially obscures star chart

Didn't Eric say in the same video it wouldn't obstruct the stars ?

LTG : )

#1044 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Didn't Eric say in the same video it wouldn't obstruct the stars ?

He also said there was what ... Like 1.3 sextillion options ....*pulling leg*

#1045 6 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

.thats like saying mother theresa and stormy daniels are both the same because they are women.

Neither of them would let you wear a condom.

#1046 6 years ago

He also said there was what ... Like 1.3 sextillion options

We don't know yet if that has been changed. If moved to the screen, it can still be in the game.

#1047 5 years ago

Exactly some people are comparing a 5300 machine to a 9500 machine...thats like saying mother theresa and stormy daniels are both the same because they are women. *in case people take this seriously...im saying this with laughter*

5700 now for pro but yes le sld be compared to le....

#1048 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

We don't know yet if that has been changed. If moved to the screen, it can still be in the game.

Hmmm...that would be interesting

#1049 5 years ago

You get what you pay for.

#1050 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

You get what you pay for.

"The price is what you pay, the value is what you get"

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,327 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 67.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpotc-updates-for-production/page/21?hl=bgwilly31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.