IMG_1197 (resized).jpg
IMG_1196 (resized).jpg
IMG_1195 (resized).jpg
IMG_1194 (resized).jpg
IMG_1173 (resized).jpg
IMG_1171 (resized).jpg
AFE12146-611A-4431-863C-2CD1C772E89C (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,327 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 67.
#951 5 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

My understanding is he only had one ce allocated to him which I reserved in December I think and I canceled today.
Point was I don’t even know if the other guy calling people out even called a distributor.

Well your the one he told me about then. He said at least 3 guys from Ohio called him when I talked to him. He thought we all knew each other. Lol. But the other guy was from dayton so I'd assume he's the other Ohio guy.

#952 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Enjoy your new game

That’s was so pretty!

#953 5 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

Well your the one he told me about then. He said at least 3 guys from Ohio called him when I talked to him. He thought we all knew each other. Lol. But the other guy was from dayton so I'd assume he's the other Ohio guy.

Did you order one?

#954 5 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Did you order one?

Yes I made a big long rant post on one of these threads.

As of now my LE is still on. But I called and and confirmed I can cancel at anytime. Which I most likely will unless jjp changes something.

#955 5 years ago

I am just enjoying the fact that I have read every post in this thread. The only other one this long that I read almost every one was Vids Awesome Guides Collected!

#956 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

They gotta keep the assembly line moving. If there are not enough orders then how do you keep it moving?
Well I guess there was that one time around 2013-14 where they came to what seemed like a halt for different reasons entirely.

They don’t make games that aren’t sold.

It’s not 1997.

#957 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It’s not 1997.

Thats not true.
You want a Hobbitt?
How about one of each model, NIB?

#958 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Thats not true.
You want a Hobbitt?

I think WOZ, TH and Dialed In are all still going through cycles on the production line. I just ordered a Dialed In LE tonight and my distributor said he's able to get me a game coming off the line tomorrow.

#959 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It’s not 1997.

So, speed up Toy Story to the line sooner than maybe we expected then?

#960 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Thats not true.
You want a Hobbitt?

At a “clearance price?” Sure bro. Hook me up.

Honestly nobody here has any idea what they are talking about.

#961 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

So, speed up Toy Story to the line sooner than maybe we expected then?

I wouldn't expect a Toy Story reveal until at least next years Texas Pinball Festival. There's no point revealing at Expo in the fall, well one of them or whatever is going on with that show, with Pirates likely just starting to ship a few months beforehand.

#962 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I wouldn't expect a Toy Story reveal until at least next years Texas Pinball Festival. There's no point revealing at Expo in the fall, well one of them or whatever is going on with that show, with Pirates likely just starting to ship a few months beforehand.

I prefer reveals when the game is ready to ship.

#963 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Waaaaaaaat!
I gotsa idier!

#964 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Word!

#965 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

That didn't stop all the upset people over on the CGC next game thread.

Darned if you do. Darned if you don't.

LTG : (

#966 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

That didn't stop all the upset people over on the CGC next game thread.
Darned if you do. Darned if you don't.
LTG : (

CGC is doing it right. Make it right and let her go, the money will follow. Now we just need to figure out how to squeeze the title out of you! lol No Mug for You!

#967 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Now we just need to figure out how to squeeze the title out of you!

Well, I do need an AC/DC Luci Vault Edition. : )

LTG : )

#968 5 years ago

I think this is a bit of a cock-up for JJP but hardly the end of the world. The thing I’m amazed is that they didn’t get the solution as perfect as they needed to do so that it was clear what was going to be in its place. I do think those that want out of the game should be allowed to get their money back as it is a significant change - got this flyer for the game yesterday in a parts order... so I can see why people are upset- suspect JJP have made their mind up though.

1211C1BB-80E8-4C43-8C4B-82C2FB7492B3 (resized).jpeg1211C1BB-80E8-4C43-8C4B-82C2FB7492B3 (resized).jpeg

#969 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

At a “clearance price?” Sure bro. Hook me up.

The fact is in the UK that jjp are doing exactly that. They are heavily discounting NB Hobbits right now. Significant discount and heavy push to get them shipped quick. If you need someone to hook you up with a discounted JJP stretching to what amounts to nearly a couple of thousand US dollars vs NB price, then UK distributor is your man.

#970 5 years ago
Quoted from DarthSinex:

The fact is in the UK that jjp are doing exactly that. They are heavily discounting NB Hobbits right now. Significant discount and heavy push to get them shipped quick. If you need someone to hook you up with a discounted JJP stretching to what amounts to nearly a couple of thousand US dollars vs NB price, then UK distributor is your man.

This is true, they are heavily discounted in the UK atm, but that probably doesn't even bring it down to what people in the US can get them for anyway ( we get screwed THAT MUCH! )

#971 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I think this is a bit of a cock-up for JJP but hardly the end of the world. The thing I’m amazed is that they didn’t get the solution as perfect as they needed to do so that it was clear what was going to be in its place. I do think those that want out of the game should be allowed to get their money back as it is a significant change - got this flyer for the game yesterday in a parts order... so I can see why people are upset- suspect JJP have made their mind up though.

Don't get me wrong, I think JJP really screwed up with discgate, but at the bottom of the flyer you got it says "*Specifications and Features Subject to Change".

#972 5 years ago

canvas (resized).pngcanvas (resized).png

#973 5 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

"*Specifications and Features Subject to Change".

And so are people's minds.

#974 5 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

Don't get me wrong, I think JJP really screwed up with discgate, but at the bottom of the flyer you got it says "*Specifications and Features Subject to Change".

Yup, they tried and the game is still packed with a lot of cool stuff. I may consider buying one a year from now after seeing how the code develops and what fixes are implemented (if any) to early production games.

#975 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yup, they tried and the game is still packed with a lot of cool stuff. I may consider buying one a year from now after seeing how the code develops and what fixes are implemented (if any) to early production games.

It will be interesting to see where HUO prices are a year after delivery.

I recently picked up an HUO Smaug (No Radcals) for $6,200 and I would be surprised if JJPOTC drops that much.

#976 5 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

It will be interesting to see where HUO prices are a year after delivery.
I recently picked up an HUO Smaug (No Radcals) for $6,200 and I would be surprised if JJPOTC drops that much.

That's a heck of an amazing deal on a Hobbit. I don't see Pirates dropping to that price as the layout seems more appealing to a greater number of buyers. I like the Hobbits layout but can see why some buyers would prefer the layout of Pirates.

Also, Hobbit sadly still doesn't have its final wizard mode and some final polish which I believe has negatively impacted the games resale value. Prices have recently been going up a bit. JJP keeps saying that the code updates are coming, Ted Estes on the JJP Google Group recently said he's been working on Hobbit code. However, POTC will likely have it's code further along upon release versus where Hobbit is today which as a Hobbit owner is frustrating to see.

#978 5 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

I guess there's still time to "tweak" it some more.

B19FC43D-0686-43B1-A97A-43201349144E (resized).jpegB19FC43D-0686-43B1-A97A-43201349144E (resized).jpeg

This seems pretty reliable.

EDIT: Come on guys, take a joke. I'm sure they'll keep the LCD in the backbox.

#979 5 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

Only an idiot would pre-order a Jpop project!

#980 5 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

For a second I thought that was Sterns Pirates.

#981 5 years ago

so, for those who pre-ordered, did you get any sort of notification about the change or was the way you found out about it thru pinside?

Just curious if someone not on pinside maybe saw this at a show like TPF and made an order, and doesnt know about the change. what kind of shock that will be upon delivery.

#982 5 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

so, for those who pre-ordered, did you get any sort of notification about the change or was the way you found out about it thru pinside?
Just curious if someone not on pinside maybe saw this at a show like TPF and made an order, and doesnt know about the change. what kind of shock that will be upon delivery.

Nope, no notification. All Pinside.

Honestly, I'm not sure how anyone not on Pinside would know about it. They're still handing out flyers with the 3 disc mech.

#983 5 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

Nope, no notification. All Pinside.
Honestly, I'm not sure how anyone not on Pinside would know about it. They're still handing out flyers with the 3 disc mech.

wow, poor saps

#984 5 years ago

Yes. My dealer (Hemisphere) sent an email notification..

#985 5 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Yes. My dealer (Hemisphere) sent an email notification..

Nice. All distributors are different though. Some may be waiting for the dust to clear a bit before notifying customers. It did seem like it was still kind of up in air until the last JJP stream.

#986 5 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

It did seem like it was still kind of up in air until the last JJP stream.

No it didn't. That was a complete invention of Pinside.

#987 5 years ago

^
That's true.

#988 5 years ago

No notification, Pinside it was.
But, Joe at PinballStar was nothing short of fantastic and I am determined to finalize all possible future purchases with him. He was fast, understanding and 100% professional. Both when I locked in the POTCCE and when I sadly had to cancel. Nothing but praise for Joe. I do not believe it was his to contact me and point out that now may be the time to rethink my JJP purchase. That should have been initialized by JJP which they did via their YouTube videos, in my opinion. No harm, absolutely NO foul here.

#989 5 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

But, Joe at PinballStar was nothing short of fantastic and I am determined to finalize all possible future purchases with him. He was fast, understanding and 100% professional. Both when I locked in the POTCCE and when I sadly had to cancel. Nothing but praise for Joe. I do not believe it was his to contact me and point out that now may be the time to rethink my JJP purchase. That should have been initialized by JJP which they did via their YouTube videos, in my opinion. No harm, absolutely NO foul here.

I second the professional follow through with Joe. Canceled the CE without haste and refunded quickly. Future business for sure.

#990 5 years ago

At this point JJP doesn't know who the end customers are, so it's on the distributors to notify their buyers. JJP puts out a general announcement and informs distributors. From there, distributors make the notifications, because the have all the customer contact info and the direct relationship.

When I had to deal with my Stern playfield replacement, it was all through my distributor as well. Most announcements pre-release SHOULD come through your distributor. When you preorder a video game from Best Buy, any updates to the price, shipping date, or feature changes come from Best Buy, not Nintendo. Nintendo doesn't have your order info, Best Buy does. Same thing here with JJP and distributors.

#991 5 years ago

I'm disappointed in the changes like everyone else, but I'm sticking with my LE. I've played about 30 games on JJPPOTC in a home environment where I could take it all in, and there's a lot there I love. I think people should play the game and then decide if it's for them or not.

- Lots of satisfying shots, the loop from the upper left flipper is perfect
- Flow that doesn't feel like a widebody
- Diverters everywhere
- The mini playfield is really fun, with great rules and the cannon shooting the ship
- The chest is still a physical ball lock with a ramp that comes up or it can be an inner loop shot
- Two magnets
- Great code
- Mini screen that points to the best shot available

I think the process was very poorly handled by JJP. They sold the discs hard for 8 months, right up until the time they did a 180 on it. Then, they tried to spin it as a tweak. That makes people angry. I get that. I get that pins are emotional purchases, but Pinside generally seems to trend on the extreme side of emotions. Take a breath, play the game, and then decide if it's for you or not.

#992 5 years ago

I hope to play the most current version at Pinfest, if there will be one there in its "final" configuration. As much as I am disappointed with the changes, I'm still interested in the game and would consider getting one in a year or two.

I'm not in on any preorder for full disclosure.

#993 5 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

- Diverters everywhere

except on the ramp up to the moving ship, which is where they need one

#994 5 years ago
Quoted from dtowndobe:

I hope to play the most current version at Pinfest, if there will be one there in its "final" configuration. As much as I am disappointed with the changes, I'm still interested in the game and would consider getting one in a year or two.
I'm not in on any preorder for full disclosure.

I feel like once people get over the personal hurt and affront they are feeling and actually play the game, the tide will turn back a bit and many will be back in.

Happens every time.

#995 5 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

except on the ramp up to the moving ship, which is where they need one

Agreed. That would be nice.

#996 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I feel like once people get over the personal hurt and affront they are feeling and actually play the game, the tide will turn back a bit and many will be back in.
Happens every time.

Absolutely, a lot of people will jump back on board. The problem I have is that although it's still a great game, it's hard to argue that this final version isn't somewhat of a downgrade and I just don't think I'd be able to be completely okay with that.

#997 5 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

Joe is the best. I haven’t officially canceled my CE yet with him because I’m waiting to see what CGC is gonna do or just roll those funds over to ACNC

Yeah I think what’s different this time is at basically $10k shipped there isn’t much room for error on the LE. The CE is gonna is a whole different story

#998 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Happens every time.

Maybe, I guess we'll see.

I think JJP has hit the ceiling with pricing and at 10K (including shipping) folks will not accept what they perceive (rightly or wrongly) as a compromised machine.

#999 5 years ago

I confirmed my LE cancellation yesterday with no issue. Nic at TPC was super understanding. That being said, it doesn't mean that i wont own a used HUO or new machine sometime in the future when the dust settles, but for now I just wanted to hold off and let the emotion of spending 10k correct course.

I hope it turns out to be a great machine in spite of the poor PR management and ill have it at some point near my 220 gallon saltwater aquarium.

#1000 5 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Maybe, I guess we'll see.
I think JJP has hit the ceiling with pricing and at 10K (including shipping) folks will not accept what they perceive (rightly or wrongly) as a compromised machine.

What’s the basic model, $8500?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,327 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 67.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpotc-updates-for-production/page/20?hl=genjuro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.