I'm disappointed in the changes like everyone else, but I'm sticking with my LE. I've played about 30 games on JJPPOTC in a home environment where I could take it all in, and there's a lot there I love. I think people should play the game and then decide if it's for them or not.
- Lots of satisfying shots, the loop from the upper left flipper is perfect
- Flow that doesn't feel like a widebody
- Diverters everywhere
- The mini playfield is really fun, with great rules and the cannon shooting the ship
- The chest is still a physical ball lock with a ramp that comes up or it can be an inner loop shot
- Two magnets
- Great code
- Mini screen that points to the best shot available
I think the process was very poorly handled by JJP. They sold the discs hard for 8 months, right up until the time they did a 180 on it. Then, they tried to spin it as a tweak. That makes people angry. I get that. I get that pins are emotional purchases, but Pinside generally seems to trend on the extreme side of emotions. Take a breath, play the game, and then decide if it's for you or not.