New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 214634)

JJPOTC Updates for Production

By Hogbog

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3,327 posts
  • 345 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Yelobird
  • Topic is favorited by 50 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 327 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

4 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
2 (resized).jpg
1 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
20181026_182517 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181026_122121778 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181026_133524638 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181026_131620186 (resized).jpg
IMG_1197 (resized).jpg
IMG_1196 (resized).jpg
IMG_1195 (resized).jpg
IMG_1194 (resized).jpg
IMG_1173 (resized).jpg
IMG_1171 (resized).jpg
AFE12146-611A-4431-863C-2CD1C772E89C (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3327 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 67.
#701 2 years ago

Wind is out of the sails - used to be so engrossed in these feeds - not so much anymore - major bummer but I hope others still buy/enjoy it. I am moving to plan B.

#702 2 years ago

After seeing the response to Tim Fife's chat, you could be a l little nicer to your customers. You're dead to me.

#703 2 years ago

Too late for any more changes but I now think I would rather not have it at all and just have artwork - too late though.

#704 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Eric addressed it.
This is the FINAL design. It will not change, except for tweaking the artwork to make the colors match.
They could not get the original mech to work right. They tried their best. It has nothing to do with cost or code, it was simply a matter of reliability as they've said before. Nobody is more disappointed than Eric. The game is still fun.
So that's it gang. Perhaps if people continue to bombard them with questions/abuse/pleading/anger/regret the answer will change but I would say that's simply not going to happen. So, since nobody is actually out any money on this, it might be time for everybody to move on and consider the game's merits as it currently sits.

.. we have to bring the game out...

sure it has a lot to do with cost saving !
not bringing the game out now will result in loss of money = costs !

even the colors does´t match..

#705 2 years ago
Quoted from maf-mi:

After seeing the response to Tim Fife's chat, you could be a l little nicer to your customers. You're dead to me.

The guy who has been banned from Pinside multiple times and tried to hide a Predator machine in his basement?

#706 2 years ago

Well, the only people out money will be JJP.

If you update your design due to an issue, at least make it LOOK better than the original. They could've kept the original art, added a magnet under there, and I bet you people would have been ok.

A 1990 B/W Spinning disc in the center of the playfield is a big miss on a $10K pin. This is The Hobbit's 3rd flipper.

#707 2 years ago

28n9et (resized).jpg

#708 2 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

A 1990 B/W Spinning disc in the center of the playfield is a big miss on a $10K pin. This is The Hobbit's 3rd flipper.

You are so generous to JJP!

It's actually worse....a 1972 spinning disk. Fireball had it first.

#709 2 years ago

I can see myself buying this pin....2nd hand, maybe 5 years from now. But that all depends on how many get sold in the 1st place. In the meantime, I'll enjoy my WOZECLE.

#710 2 years ago

OMG .. that looks crappy !! The disc is way to small and no lights, inserts ....
Hopefully this is not the final version ! I am not sure if I will hold my pre-order if this is final ...

I am disappointed ... hopefully at least Aurich´s idea will be used ....

#711 2 years ago

The game just does not call out to me that it is a $9500 game, more like $8000 for the LE, same as DI LE which is priced at $9000.

#712 2 years ago

Sounds final except for an art tweak - man I hate that tweak word now.....

#713 2 years ago

1972 Fireball. Truth hurts.

Fireball (resized).jpg

#714 2 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

The guy who has been banned from Pinside multiple times and tried to hide a Predator machine in his basement?

The guy who is a total tool and price policer on Facebook?

#715 2 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

1972 Fireball. Truth hurts.

They might have been better off making it like the home edition in the first place...

Wait a minute... it is a home edition!

#716 2 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

It's actually worse....a 1972 spinning disk. Fireball had it first.

And the Fireball disc REALLY puts some evil spin on the balls.

In the twitch video, the disc allows most balls to travel across it unaffected.

#717 2 years ago
Quoted from maf-mi:

What was said?

#718 2 years ago

RigidPhonyAmericanwarmblood-size_restricted.gif

#719 2 years ago

I've seen enough. I'm out. Still a nice game but it would bother me every time I'd look at that disc. On to something else.

#720 2 years ago

Wonder if they’d sell one of the 20 location machines to a customer?!

#721 2 years ago

Dialed In LE now seems to be the more loaded game versus POTC LE.

#722 2 years ago

I did not realize who Tim Fife was, nonetheless I was referring to the response that the issue was already answered and he should "move along". You should not dismissive to potential customers and treat them in a respectful manner.

#723 2 years ago
Quoted from maf-mi:

I did not realize who Tim Fife was, nonetheless I was referring to the response that the issue was already answered and he should "move along". You should not dismissive to potential customers and treat them in a respectful manner.

That was a distro, not jjp that said it.

#724 2 years ago

The new single disc seems to have little to no effect on the balls, unless they are moving at a snails pace, I gotto be honest I didn't think the difference would be this big but the gameplay change is huge between the old mech that put some seriously crazy movements on the balls compared to the new mech.

#725 2 years ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

That was a distro, not jjp that said it.

Correct. I was the one who asked him to move along. The question was answered multiple times and I was trying to get the chat caught up. It was not meant to be rude or harsh, i guess it just came off like that. My bad.

I did not give him the time out though.

#726 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

The new single disc seems to have little to no effect on the balls, unless they are moving at a snails pace

The mod makers are already quick at work making a grooved spinner pad similar to Fireball's.

They should be able to sell at least ten of them.

#727 2 years ago

I know it is stupid, but I keep staring at the disc and do not see anything else anymore.. I am so sorry to say that this is not for me. And the noise is still there when the disc is turning...

I have got some soul searching to do. As of now I have not been able to cancel my order. I asked the distributor if it was possible or not, but they did not answer yet. I called them yesterday but they said they have to ask the boss. Calling tomorrow again.

Edit: the sound of the disc seems to get worse ?

#728 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

The mod makers are already quick at work making a grooved spinner pad similar to Fireball's.
They should be able to sell at least ten of them.

#729 2 years ago

JJP needs to at least consider adding the 3x disks back to the game but then pull the hardware out of it that allowed it to stop at specific spots. Perhaps that was the issue? If so let the 3 disks just spin, let the awards occur on screen (animations look great), and then the ball can still have the movement effects everyone had been used to. I think that would make nearly everyone happy.

It's not seeing the awards themselves line up on the disks line up that everyone is missing but rather the physical affect they had on the ball.

#730 2 years ago

This disc will now be known as "the black Spot"

#731 2 years ago

I watched the stream. Tried to get excited and fall in love with the new design. I can't do it. I'm trying. I feel bad.

Sent the email to cancel my pre-order. Sorry JJP. Loving my DILE though. I will wait for the Lawlor Toy Story Pin from you. Meantime, someday hope to play a Woz to see if I like it.

#732 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

JJP needs to at least consider adding the 3x disks back to the game but then pull the hardware out of it that allowed it to stop at specific spots. Perhaps that was the issue? If so let the 3 disks just spin, let the awards occur on screen (animations look great), and then the ball can still have the movement effects everyone had been used to. I think that would make nearly everyone happy.

I would love to know the reliability rate of the original mech, 50% in a home environment? I will take those odds at home!

Heck if I am aware of that and choose to continue with 3 disc spinner that's my issue, just sell me 2 extra/replacement mechs so I have spares at home, more money for JJP selling additional mechs which is a win, win for them and those that want to take the 3 disc spinner option.

#733 2 years ago

I think I need to steal myself one of those proto machines now.

#734 2 years ago

the single disk is so noisy on today's live....
even more annoying that the 3 disks

#735 2 years ago

What a punch to the nuts.

The excitement and anticipation appears to be over for most.

#736 2 years ago

Wow does that disc look ridiculous, definitely out ( they would be better off getting rid of the disc completely )

#737 2 years ago
Quoted from Raknitz:

the single disk is so noisy on today's live....
even more annoying that the 3 disks

No glass on the game. Note how loud the flippers are.

LTG : )

#738 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I would love to know the reliability rate of the original mech, 50% in a home environment? I will take those odds at home!
Heck if I am aware of that and choose to continue with 3 disc spinner that's my issue, just sell me 2 extra/replacement mechs so I have spares at home, more money for JJP selling additional mechs which is a win, win for them and those that want to take the 3 disc spinner option.

That's a good idea. If the part that wears out after a while is just plastic / fairly cheap just offer replacements to customers.

The equivalent of what JJP with POTC to say The Hobbit would be "We have tweaked Smaug and he will no longer rotate or move his mouth due to long term reliablity". People would have been just as pissed off. Well, Hobbit owners have had their Smaug jaw motor die...but it's a $10 servo to replace! Since servo could die should the feature have been scrapped? No.

#739 2 years ago

More noise seems to be coming from those that put a deposit down.

#740 2 years ago
Quoted from dtowndobe:

Wonder if they’d sell one of the 20 location machines to a customer?!

I doubt it.

And software updates won't support discs or trunk lid.

#741 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I doubt it.
And software updates won't support discs or trunk lid.

Who actually owns those games?

Just curious how that works

#742 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

If the part that wears out after a while is just plastic / fairly cheap

If you looked at the original mechanism. Each ring had teeth around the perimeter that meshed with a gear on the motor. So you'd have to replace the whole ring and artwork on it. I doubt it would be cheap.

#744 2 years ago

At least this will make Lloyd's job a little easier.

#745 2 years ago

I watched one of the past streams just to compare and it's a huge difference. Quite a downgrade.

#746 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

If you looked at the original mechanism. Each ring had teeth around the perimeter that meshed with a gear on the motor. So you'd have to replace the whole ring and artwork on it. I doubt it would be cheap.

Good to know thanks. I wonder if the long term wear on those gears were part of the realibility issue. I can see that being a concern.

#747 2 years ago

Who was it who made that decal to cover the AC/DC Angus face? whoever it was....time to get to work on POTC.

#748 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I wonder if the long term wear on those gears were part of the realibility issue.

When I first saw the mech at Expo, and watched it. A few things crossed my mind. The gear chewing up the teeth on the ring. And the ring/pivot and teeth/gear points from balls skipping across them. A lot of stress in different directions.

The bookcase in TAF gets cracks, and breaks, and the arms that turn it break, from moving and balls bouncing across it. And it doesn't spin in all kinds of directions and at different speeds.

So much going on with the three rings, besides the optos locating positions. They have some of the best people there are in pinball, and if they couldn't bullet proof it. No one could.

#749 2 years ago

ABANDON SHIP!!! ARRGGG...

#750 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

At least this will make Lloyd's job a little easier.

Not really. I don't send out parts. That old assembly would have been a nightmare for NJ JJP to deal with.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 239.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
$ 89.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 53.00
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
$ 29.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 29.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Art of Pinball
There are 3327 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 67.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside