Topic Stats

• 3,327 posts
  • 345 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Yelobird
  • Topic is favorited by 55 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 327 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

4 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
2 (resized).jpg
1 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
20181026_182517 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181026_122121778 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181026_133524638 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181026_131620186 (resized).jpg
IMG_1197 (resized).jpg
IMG_1196 (resized).jpg
IMG_1195 (resized).jpg
IMG_1194 (resized).jpg
IMG_1173 (resized).jpg
IMG_1171 (resized).jpg
AFE12146-611A-4431-863C-2CD1C772E89C (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3327 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 67.
#601 1 year ago

These changes make me a bit sad but i sure prefer a working device than some fancy not working stuff. In europe it will still remain the best pin for its price but it was supposed to be even better than this
Thank you for trying JJP I guess...

#602 1 year ago
Quoted from Gerry_Ghost:

I'm really annoyed by the measures! After all, I pay for the CE almost € 15k in Austria and I expect that I also get what I have ordered and not a slimmed down version of it.

It is easy enough to cancel your order if you are not happy with what you see now.

Quoted from Gerry_Ghost:

That's about the same as when I order a Porsche Turbo and is delivered a aspirated engine with 100 hp less - for the same money.

Not exactly as you have not been delivered a game yet, have you?

#603 1 year ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Just Need to find Some way to put the LEDs back into the rings. There is no way that would be overly complicated or mechanically problematic. Map ok, LED it!

Amen to that. x 1000

#604 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

Thanks Keefer! You're a fine upstanding man for braving these waters. Disc looks very un-pizzalike in high res.

Great! Problem solved. Time to move on.

#605 1 year ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

Great! Problem solved. Time to move on.

OK I'll keep my money and move on..

#606 1 year ago

The way I see it, the game has changed, and people should play the product that JJP puts out and see if they like it enough to pay what it's being sold for. As of now, no one has played (or even watched) the new version of the game.

Humans are naturally wired for loss avoidance, so it's natural that people are reacting by feeling that something (multiple things) have been taken away from them. But it doesn't change the intrinsic value of a thing... you like it and would like to own it, or play it, or you do not.

I will say that it's very nice to see how passionate people are about pinball... it's good that in 2018 people still care about it so much.

#607 1 year ago

Still doesn't look great and if this is their final plan they really should consider lowering the price. I think I'm likely out and my money will be going to CGC. I'm going to hold out until the decision is final before I cancel. Damn I'm disappointed!

#608 1 year ago

What time is the stream tomorrow?

#609 1 year ago

We are in a trifecta of a waiting period: (1) JJP final decision/confirmation on the disk(s) changes (2) CGC next game reveal and (3) IMDN Premium and LE reveal. I feel like a kid waiting to see what I am going to put on my Christmas list and anxiously watching for commercials to see what toy looks the best.......and even though I am wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy past a kid age, my patience has not gotten any better........

#610 1 year ago
Quoted from hockeymag8:

We are in a trifecta of a waiting period: (1) JJP final decision/confirmation on the disk(s) changes (2) CGC next game reveal and (3) IMDN Premium and LE reveal. I feel like a kid waiting to see what I am going to put on my Christmas list

These choices make me want to go back to wishing for Hot Wheels.

#611 1 year ago

Pinball hasn't had something like this since Bally Gator-Gate. Can't really call it that because Nip-It was just released about the time that the Watergate investigating committee was in full operating mode.

#612 1 year ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

OK, to clear up some misconception about the artwork (keeping in mind the source was a jpg of a mpg of a jpg), please enjoy this very hi-res version of the map, including the delineation of where the disc actually lies.

Throw some inserts in the non-moving part of the wheel and animate those in movement with the screen, then do the same with the twister/xmen moving wheel and you can approximate what you had and not tick preorder people off too much.

#613 1 year ago

Why would we be waiting for a final decision/ confirmation from JJP? Did I miss their announcement of a pull back from the official decisions already made in the video?

#614 1 year ago

Man there’s lots of carguments in this thread!!!

#615 1 year ago
Quoted from jkleinnd:

Why would we be waiting for a final decision/ confirmation from JJP? Did I miss their announcement of a pull back from the official decisions already made in the video?

Obviously, nothing will be official until it rolls off the assembly line and into a box and is shipped.

#616 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Really, no.
There's clearly ONE best way of doing it, and it's the Stern way. People bitch about code all the time, but that can always be fixed or changed. Clearly it's not worth it to reveal games until they are absolutely ready - that's the big takeaway from all of this. It's not worth it to dazzle a show crowd just to have to deal with potential messes like this months later.
I hope everybody remembers this next time it seems like the end of the world that a game isn't being revealed at a show, but I doubt it.

Levi, that’s kind of a bit of BS. Sterns QC has been SOOOO BAD at times. Avengers was an absolute joke, Ghostbusters was as bad or even worse...and that’s just on game features AS DESIGNED! I’m not even talking about decals peeling, clearcoat chipping, cabinets splitting, boards frying, etc.

Stern has had more problems than just lackadaisical code development. They have been very irresponsible with some of their releases.

Just sayin’.

#617 1 year ago
Quoted from jorro:

If you are realy staff at jjp ,I find this a real stupid response and totaly not professional better ask your PR people to react in stead of the soldering dude

You just lost the Interwebs on this day.

#618 1 year ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Obviously, nothing will be official until it rolls off the assembly line and into a box and is shipped.

Oh, okay Captain Obvious. You mean we've been wasting our time in these 617 posts, plus 376 in another thread, on something that isn't official from JJP?

#619 1 year ago
Quoted from hockeymag8:

We are in a trifecta of a waiting period: (1) JJP final decision/confirmation on the disk(s) changes (2) CGC next game reveal and (3) IMDN Premium and LE reveal. I feel like a kid waiting to see what I am going to put on my Christmas list and anxiously watching for commercials to see what toy looks the best.......and even though I am wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy past a kid age, my patience has not gotten any better........

Roulette wheel.gif

always-bet-on-black (resized).jpg

#620 1 year ago
Quoted from robotron:

jjp has to be concerned. even the canadians are pissed!

Maybe we should just blame Canada for this mess?

#621 1 year ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Levi, that’s kind of a bit of BS. Sterns QC has been SOOOO BAD at times. Avengers was an absolute joke, Ghostbusters was as bad or even worse...and that’s just on game features AS DESIGNED! I’m not even talking about decals peeling, clearcoat chipping, cabinets splitting, boards frying, etc.
Stern has had more problems than just lackadaisical code development. They have been very irresponsible with some of their releases.
Just sayin’.

Apples and oranges dude.

Can you seriously cite something just like this?!

Issues post release are different than such drastic post-reveal changes.

Just sayin

#622 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Really, no.
There's clearly ONE best way of doing it, and it's the Stern way. People bitch about code all the time, but that can always be fixed or changed. Clearly it's not worth it to reveal games until they are absolutely ready - that's the big takeaway from all of this. It's not worth it to dazzle a show crowd just to have to deal with potential messes like this months later.
I hope everybody remembers this next time it seems like the end of the world that a game isn't being revealed at a show, but I doubt it.

Ha, not to be bitter, but I tried to say this same thing back on page 3 and it got no love.
You're right, I still think this is the "real" mistake behind all this.

#623 1 year ago
Quoted from jkleinnd:

Ha, not to be bitter, but I tried to say this same thing back on page 3 and it got no love.
You're right, I still think this is the "real" mistake behind all this.

Of course it is Captain obvious

#624 1 year ago

There's the love I was missing!

#625 1 year ago

Seems like some great mod ideas being discussed here. 3 motor concentric ring toy with internal lighting, opening/closing truck mech. I'll get started on it!

#626 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Apples and oranges dude.
Can you seriously cite something just like this?!
Issues post release are different than such drastic post-reveal changes.
Just sayin

My point is that maybe Stern should redesign stuff post reveal. Or delay their own reveals/releases even longer to ensure their mechs and toys actually work. But instead, they spend the next 12 months replacing parts, rebuilding mechs, etc.
And what about GOT? They had to change the game’s rules because their freaking orbit didn’t work.
And STLE, changing the catapult to a VUK. I’m sure there are many examples, but the bottom line is that Stern stuff usually isn’t that inspiring. So when they change something it doesn’t really matter, because no one cares.

Added 19 months ago: Stern probably knows some of their game is garbage prior I release, but releases it anyway, hoping for the best and, as stated above, sending replacement parts to customers when stuff inevitably breaks.

#627 1 year ago

My point is that maybe Stern should redesign stuff post reveal.

The most delusional thing I have ever read on Pinside. Congrats!

#628 1 year ago
Quoted from zeddex:

The most delusional thing I have ever read on Pinside. Congrats!

How so? Steve said Stern would have a fix post launch for the mechanism on GoT that messed up the left orbit until Stern just decided that saying it was "as designed" was easier and cheaper.

#629 1 year ago
Quoted from attack7:

The way I see it, the game has changed,

03b2de6d4491f172b969b1b609e4ff8d--tron-legacy-graphic-art (resized).jpg

#630 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

That's Bullshit I have a $1500 non refundable deposit down that's why I'm so invested , my dealer is a top bloke so if I asked nicely I'm sure I could get my money back but he doesn't have to !

How is it that the manufacturers can set a fixed minimum price, forcing distributors to stick to it yet some won't honor the refundable deposit?

I'm sticking it out to see the end product, I've waited this long. I did confirm today however that my fully paid purchase can be redirected if I so choose. At least I am relieved to hear that.

#631 1 year ago

If Stern F’s something up they have another pin coming out 4 months later

A bit of a difference with JJP don’t you think?

I’m not sure about the SE and would it matter as much to me but it damn sure does at $12,500!

Topper is cool but come on, us CE guys are crazy to begin with but not that stupid I hope

#632 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Their slogan stating - “Our Games Premium No Compromise” clearly doesn’t apply to this title. Lol

E2FC45F1-1C28-43F6-A3AD-ED9AA13C2DF3 (resized).jpeg

#633 1 year ago

Where and when is this stream on Wednesday?

#634 1 year ago

Just sayin’.

One problem I see is that the people that play them (a lot) at arcades but don't buy games much don't care nearly as much about QC issues or getting feature packed games providing value for the price paid for the machine.

#635 1 year ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

WOZ was different since people had made payments for something expected. Plus, it's a lot harder to play a game without lights than what we're talking about here.

Just saw this...and no one is a bigger fan of your contributions to the hobby and professionalism than I. Alot of that came from your ( and JJP's) relentless pursuit of perfection in WOZ. Many who buy it now just think it's an awesome, rock solid machine, which it is. This took herculean efforts on many fronts by you and others for a reasonable time to get it as good as it is, imho. Mine never leaves.

As minor as that disc may be considered by some, I truly considered it an integral part of the experience, and something that, as code developed, would just be on another level. It truly meant alot to me, and removing it = removed me from the CE. Zero hard feelings, and didn't lose a dime, just super bummed for whatever reason it was yanked. Really wanted this game.

Thanks for jumping in regardless...anxious for another JJP in my lineup....best....mark

#636 1 year ago
Quoted from danastude:

Where and when is this stream on Wednesday?

Nobody knows as of now. It's a big question mark if they will even stream tomorrow. Keefer posted again. Once again inferring this change is already final. I sure not. I at least hope it's up for some debate.

#637 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Man there’s lots of carguments in this thread!!!

Thats because you can buy a car for 9500-12500.

#638 1 year ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

Nobody knows as of now. It's a big question mark if they will even stream tomorrow. Keefer posted again. Once again inferring this change is already final. I sure not. I at least hope it's up for some debate.

You know what would have been great? Actually hearing from JJP that they were having some challenges with this disc, before the rug was pulled out from under us. Just recently they’re bragging about it on SDTM and taking it to shows. And then, sorry “no soup for you”. So there’s a collective feel on the buyers side that we were duped. Hearing that “this change is already final” really is a pisser. We, those that were ready to lay down serious coin to purchase, had NO idea what was going on. And we’re supposed to be ok with this? It’s a huge gaffe on their part to assume that projected revenues would be largely unimpacted. Yes, this is where some will say “don’t buy it then”. And that’s what I will probably do, it’ll stop my JJP streak at 3. I think this groundswell is good to send a strong message that this simply isnt the right business or Pinball decision.

#639 1 year ago
Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

You know what would have been great? Actually hearing from JJP that they were having some challenges with this disc, before the rug was pulled out from under us. Just recently they’re bragging about it on SDTM and taking it to shows. And then, sorry “no soup for you”. So there’s a collective feel on the buyers side that we were duped. Hearing that “this change is already final” really is a pisser. We, those that were ready to lay down serious coin to purchase, had NO idea what was going on. And we’re supposed to be ok with this? It’s a huge gaffe on their part to assume that projected revenues would be largely unimpacted. Yes, this is where some will say “don’t buy it then”. And that’s what I will probably do, it’ll stop my JJP streak at 3. I think this groundswell is good to send a strong message that this simply isnt the right business or Pinball decision.

Did people pull out of Ghostbusters because the cross the streams mech was removed? I know...it’s a different situation, but it was still scrapped.

Simple solution for you: if you don’t like the game now with a single traditional spinning disc, don’t buy it! It you are stuck with a non-refundable deposit then it’s time to get a new distributor because yours sucks. Or roll your deposit into a different game. Up the Irons!!!!

#640 1 year ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Did people pull out of Ghostbusters because the cross the streams mech was removed? I know...it’s a different situation, but it was still scrapped.
Simple solution for you: if you don’t like the game now with a single traditional spinning disc, don’t buy it! It you are stuck with a non-refundable deposit then it’s time to get a new distributor because yours sucks. Or roll your deposit into a different game. Up the Irons!!!!

Yes I already covered the fact that anyone can just simply choose to not buy it, thanks for the repeat. I’m ready for some non-rock band pins!

#641 1 year ago

Is that Mickey Mouse?

5e2fcdee0230945e56d1923c7889ccf8310fbcf2.png (resized).jpg

#642 1 year ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Is that Mickey Mouse?

maybe...

maybe a joke from Disney, they did the same in the first tron movie...

#644 1 year ago
Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

They mentioned in their streams and also in person at TPF that they were working on the discs and the chest. I posted as much a couple weeks ago, when speculating ship dates.

#645 1 year ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Did stern push out prototype games with the streams and showcased it has a main feature, and push major publicity behind it?

Argument over.

#646 1 year ago

Eric needs to look at the definition of the word 'tweak', as the mech change clearly isn't one and shouldn't be sold as such.

I feel sorry for those folks who were in on this and can understand disappointment at the switch. Personally I just want to see the game out there so they can circle back and finish Hobbit's code which prevented me from ordering Pirates in the first place.

#647 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

If you watch the reveal from Expo with the $$ guy

While a little off topic, it's worth knowing that JJP's investor angel is a guy named Leonard Abess, a South Florida billionaire who is a little bit different than your typical member of the 1% club.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leonard_L._Abess

https://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2009/02/15/Banker-hands-out-60M-to-workers/UPI-90391234730020/

#648 1 year ago

Just a reminder, the stream starts today at 3pm central time. I'm looking forward to seeing the new mech in action and also how the code has developed over the past month.

#649 1 year ago

Been walking around the house with the shits for the last few days mumbling under my breath "stupid disc's " with my wife yelling at me "what are you talking about "and I yell back "you wouldn't understand ". But after calming down and having a think about it I'm going to stick with my ce regardless. It's going to be a mental pin and I know when it comes out and it's so great and I have pulled out I would regret it. It will still have the random spinner in the back screen plus the wicked cannon shot, the rocking playfield the subways with all their entrances , 6 multiballs an awesome topper and artwork, stacks of shots to go for (no bare posts) ,I like the idea of collecting gold also a screen in the apron filled with stuff a video mode, a shit load of modes , barnacle encrusted, 3 spinners ,the bit up the back where they have "cannon battels " the out lane saves and even tartoga Tom. But one of my favorite features is being able to play as one of 22 characters with all their pros and cons. Having said that taking away the 3 spinning disc's is a substantial loss (rather they tried and failed than never tried at all) maybe they could surprise us by giving us a customised shooter rod or sword flippers or maybe a busty mermaid for tartoga Tom. Just a thought.

#650 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Just a reminder, the stream starts today at 3pm central time.

Has this been confirmed somewhere? They haven't streamed for several weeks.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Flagstaff, AZ
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 2.50
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
There are 3327 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 67.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside