(Topic ID: 244666)

JJPOTC Treasure Chest Open/Close mod, now working!

By pinballj

4 months ago

Topic Stats

• 1,082 posts
  • 99 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 18 hours ago by Thot
  • Topic is favorited by 82 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 150 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Cheat Heartbeat-min.gif
Lid-Bracket (resized).jpg
1FE2A9BF-5D88-4ECD-AD42-87C4602EC681 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
AC1ECC09-D487-4768-BEE6-91B577172798 (resized).jpeg
AACE8A99-8237-4F7C-BF48-2ADE8B1E54EF (resized).jpeg
8E1496FC-8D2B-455A-8DE6-48C38BDE210B (resized).png
0438BDDE-11B1-4237-9616-5A01D5228894 (resized).png
6E683879-C722-454D-8BE4-06CB1E5035CF (resized).jpeg
20190930_143532 (resized).jpg
barrel-nut (resized).jpg
IMG_7008 (resized).JPG
IMG_7002 (resized).JPG
IMG_7003 (resized).JPG
IMG_7005 (resized).JPG
IMG_7004 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #7 Working prototype video Posted by pinballj (4 months ago)

Post #185 Everything needed to make your own chest-opening mod... Posted by pinballj (3 months ago)

Post #615 Code for lighting mod controller Posted by harryhoudini (61 days ago)

Post #925 Adjusting switch for mod when chest lid doesn't work Posted by harryhoudini (31 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spidey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#720 56 days ago

Just installed the chest mod. In the close position, the arm is up (12:00) instead of down. Wasn't too much trouble to switch it.

The 4 screws that go into the metal bracket were a bear to get in, especially the left side. I removed some playfield hardware to make room.

Also the tab in the back of the chest bumps into the clear coil cover. I'll probably just dremel that cover a little.

Anyway, this mod is fantastic!

#722 56 days ago
Quoted from Zora:

Scott, I remember that you wanted to add a video regarding the de-installation of the chest lid. Do you still plan to publish one? I have no idea how to separate the lid from the chest, especially without damaging the optos (where are the optos by the way?).

Start at 54m in the above twitch video. It's two small lock nuts on the left side. Use an open ended wrench. I also used a magnet as I was removing them so they wouldn't fall into the game.

#736 54 days ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Considering adding this mod, however I watched most of MCSirTuna's twitch video and it took 4 hrs and looked pretty painful to install and get running correctly. Wondering if others have this same experience. I do want to thank him for making that video.

It's well worth the time to install.
Another tip is to use blue/masking tape to hold the lid shut while the pf is up. This makes it easy for getting the rod set into the brass fitting at the right length. Then when you test it, if the open/close isn't right, just slide off the 4-arm piece, turn it slightly, and put it back on. Don't worry about installing the small phillips screw that secures that arm in until you're done.

It actually makes the game look better because now you get to see the top of the chest lid, which is very detailed. And, before I never really could tell when the chest was ready for a ball lock or not. Now it's obvious.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
$ 87.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, VIC

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spidey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside