Quoted from zaphX:
Yeah most likely the control arm for the switch on the mod needs to be bent to more reliably engage/disengage with the fork movement.
Okay my friends, I need your input. Something wonky is going on.
1. Chest opens and closes nicely upon power up.
2. Chest opens when "Shoot the chest to lock a ball"
3. But it seems that I only have to shoot ONE "Load Chest" target to be able to lock a ball. (need to confirm this)
4. Chest does NOT close until the 3rd ball is locked. Then it will close. Closes on 3rd ball lock EVERY TIME.
5. Chest closes when 3rd ball is locked, and then releases all 3 for Dead Man's Chest Multiball.
5. During Dead Man's Chest Multiball play, the PF LED's for the chest and Load Chest are NOT lit. Nor is the light strip mod inside the chest lit. Until Multiball is over. Then the lights come back on.
(This last point, might be something I've not noticed before).
I'll make a video to show everyone what I'm talking about. The game plays fine, nothing is interrupted with this issue. I'd just like to fix it.
My theory, since it consistently acts like this, is that the part that lowers onto the chest switch - is not raising back up to release the switch until all 3 balls are locked.
Does that sound legit? Anyone else experienced this? With that said, I'll inspect the operation of that unit - manually activate the opening, check underneath, and report back here.