(Topic ID: 244666)

JJPOTC Treasure Chest Open/Close mod, now working!

By pinballj

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20230211_193725 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230211_193309 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230211_174738 (resized).jpg
2022-12-10 18.13.36 (resized).jpg
2022-12-03 16.39.16 (resized).jpg
2022-12-03 16.39.03 (resized).jpg
20221109_175012 (resized).jpg
20221109_190714 (resized).jpg
20221109_175033 (resized).jpg
20221109_174757 (resized).jpg
IMG_20221017_152356_edit_415805112164156 (resized).jpg
IMG_20221017_151959 (resized).jpg
IMG_20221017_151839_edit_415860847540189 (resized).jpg
IMG_20221017_151846_edit_415835308941755 (resized).jpg
D51450B8-C097-4943-9B2C-5358436C4892 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2497 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #7 Working prototype video Posted by pinballj (4 years ago)

Post #185 Everything needed to make your own chest-opening mod... Posted by pinballj (4 years ago)

Post #615 Code for lighting mod controller Posted by harryhoudini (4 years ago)

Post #925 Adjusting switch for mod when chest lid doesn't work Posted by harryhoudini (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider djsoup.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1273 3 years ago

I'm having issues with this mod as well. Got it installed, it raises and lowers upon boot up but during gameplay its doesnt move at all, just stays open. I've tried everything and cant get this thing to work correctly. Also after I installed the star field galaxy mod the star map decided to stop working altogether.

#1278 3 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

I've never been able to get my chest opening mod working correctly. I've been playing the game with the chest lid closed for the last 6 months.

So I figured out the issue. The white bushings (on the fork mechanism) aren't fully depressing the silver switch on the mod when it rolls all the way back. Unfortunately the housing of the mod doesnt sit far forward enough on my machine, so while the bushings slide back and touch it, it doesnt push it back enough to trigger the mod to open/close.. in order to get this to work I had to move the mod/housing up so when the bushing rolls back it actually hits this silver switch and triggers it. Right now I just have tape holding it down, but I think may need to drill some new holes into the bracket to hold it in place, since this new placement isnt in line with the current holes on the mod bracket. I was just about to give up on it.. but glad I didnt! This is a really cool mod and it adds a lot to the game now. Hope this helps you guys with yours!

2 weeks later
#1284 3 years ago
Quoted from koops:

You couldn't just adjust the switch leaf or was it way to far away?

It hit it but didnt depress it all the way to trigger. I had to move the unit up for it to fully depress the switch to trigger.

Quoted from heni1977:

I think I am in the same ship as you djsoup.
My chest opens and closes on startup but not during game play.
[quoted image]

Exactly! Its touching it, but not fully depressing the metal switch. With the game on if you push that metal lever back more, you'll see it will engage and disengage when you let go. I moved the unit up a little so that when the bushings come down it pushes that metal lever back far enough to actually trigger it. I didnt want to take any chances bending that metal piece so moving the unit up and taping it down is working for me.. glad you figured yours out!

Quoted from dnaman:

Hey Everyone.
I am just getting around to install my mod and realized that the rod (latest type from back in Nov 2019 - yeah I know is too long. It seemed that if I flipped around the servo that it might fit exactly but then the direction of the servo rotation would be backwards. So I decided I am going to just cut the yellow plastic rod and adjust the screw post. When I did a dry run of the rotation it is actually reversed from what it should be.
Example, when the chest lid is open, the server should push the rod up to close it and when it is closed it should pull the rod down to open it. My servo is working the opposite way. How do I reverse this? Is there a button or does it have to be changed in the code? I am willing to adjust the code through IDE if someone can tell me what to change.
Thank you.
~d
// ----- SWITCH
const int switchInterval = 1000; // number of millisecs between switch readings
const int debounceInterval = 1000; // number of millisecs between switch readings
byte switchState = 0;
byte currentState = switchState;
unsigned long lastDebounceTime = 0;
//------- SERVO
Servo svo; // create servo object to control a servo
const int servoOpenPos = 0; //degree position on the servo for the chest to be open
const int servoClosedPos = 55; //degree position on the servo for the chest to be closed
int servoPosition = servoClosedPos;
int servoOpenDefault = 20;
int servoCloseDefault = 20;
int servoOpenInterval = servoOpenDefault; // millisecs between servo moves
int servoCloseInterval = servoCloseDefault;
int servoDegrees = 3; // amount servo moves at each step
byte servoMove = 0;
byte servoDirection = 0;

I think what you need to do is let the game boot up, remove the rod clamp from the propeller piece, unscrew the propeller piece and move it so that one of the propeller arms is in the 1 o'clock position, then reattach the rod clamp to the arm in this position - hopefully that works for you!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
29,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 38.00
$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider djsoup.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpotc-treasure-chest-open-and-close?tu=djsoup and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.