(Topic ID: 244666)

JJPOTC Treasure Chest Open/Close mod, now working!

By pinballj

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20230211_193725 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230211_193309 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230211_174738 (resized).jpg
2022-12-10 18.13.36 (resized).jpg
2022-12-03 16.39.16 (resized).jpg
2022-12-03 16.39.03 (resized).jpg
20221109_175012 (resized).jpg
20221109_190714 (resized).jpg
20221109_175033 (resized).jpg
20221109_174757 (resized).jpg
IMG_20221017_152356_edit_415805112164156 (resized).jpg
IMG_20221017_151959 (resized).jpg
IMG_20221017_151839_edit_415860847540189 (resized).jpg
IMG_20221017_151846_edit_415835308941755 (resized).jpg
D51450B8-C097-4943-9B2C-5358436C4892 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2497 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,330 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 27.
#451 4 years ago

That's what thickness I went with on this one.

#452 4 years ago

Controller with socketed connections for everything including light mod add-on. Production sample.

15632362609311541893545300106566 (resized).jpg15632362609311541893545300106566 (resized).jpg

#453 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Controller with socketed connections for everything including light mod add-on. Production sample.
[quoted image]

Sexy

#454 4 years ago

Using the semi-clear bracket I posted prior, here is the light mod working off the controller. The only piece I need (aside from the CPR plastic lid) is the button array. I am waiting for UPS to get here so I can test that out. It's a 2 or 4 button array (not sure which I am going with) which will be included with the controller so you can set the lighting color and effect.

#455 4 years ago

Using the semi-clear bracket I posted prior, here is the light mod working off the controller. The only piece I need (aside from the CPR plastic lid) is the button array. I am waiting for UPS to get here so I can test that out. It's a 2 or 4 button array (not sure which I am going with) which will be included with the controller so you can set the lighting color and effect.

Your wife has nice hands.

#456 4 years ago

[quoted image]

Nice work!

#457 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Your wife has nice hands.

uhhh. Should I tell you?

#458 4 years ago

Are you powering the arduino through the usb, or the gnd and VIN pin

#459 4 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Are you powering the arduino through the usb, or the gnd and VIN pin

Latter.. using the power adapter I made.

#460 4 years ago

She's got this, you guys.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#461 4 years ago

Awesome work! After about 4 hours of testing fitting, adjusting... think mine is a go! I’ll post a video soon as I get it rocking.

Lots of prototypes, but I got a solid final top bracket (4th one) with a spine and only 3.5mm thick
E5BBCF0A-84A2-461F-9272-CD7FB4CDBB7A (resized).jpegE5BBCF0A-84A2-461F-9272-CD7FB4CDBB7A (resized).jpeg

#462 4 years ago

Nice! CPR just told me they shipped the lid brackets as well

#463 4 years ago

Anyone interested in the trunk lid bracket I made I put it up on Thinverse for folks.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3753728

#464 4 years ago

Buttons are here! Since there are four, let's see what I can make them do. One for color, one for brightness (maybe two, one up one down) and one for effect. Seems about right.

#465 4 years ago

Buttons are here! Since there are four, let's see what I can make them do. One for color, one for brightness (maybe two, one up one down) and one for effect. Seems about right.
[quoted image]

Very good Job I need to order one

#466 4 years ago

My chest is up and running!
Few things, make sure to relocate the trunk wire harness in front of the bracket (towards the trunk) to provide adequate room for the linkage. Also, I mounted my Servo to the inside of the mounting hole, I tried both and on my machine this lined up better.

97690726-9DD1-4B10-A95C-4893EC114D81 (resized).jpeg97690726-9DD1-4B10-A95C-4893EC114D81 (resized).jpeg
#467 4 years ago

Been quiet in this thread...

harryhoudini how are things progressing with your version? I am a buyer....looking forward to it, however I am not in a hurry - I would prefer to wait for a well done product

#468 4 years ago

We have at least 20-30 chest mods complete. The piece that we are waiting on right now to arrive from Canada is the clear lexan lid that CPR cut for us. They shipped a first batch of 50 or so to me last week. Once that arrives I just have to test fit. I am finishing up some of the arduino programming to work with the buttons for the light controls. If you did not order the light add-on we will probably start shipping your mods in order, shortly. Once the lights are done we will ship the rest in order. More brackets are on their way from Geteos so we'll be able to keep production running. My wife has completed all of the wiring harnesses so it's just a matter of building the bracket pieces for the ones that are on the way.

#469 4 years ago

We have at least 20-30 chest mods complete. The piece that we are waiting on right now to arrive from Canada is the clear lexan lid that CPR cut for us. They shipped a first batch of 50 or so to me last week. Once that arrives I just have to test fit. I am finishing up some of the arduino programming to work with the buttons for the light controls. If you did not order the light add-on we will probably start shipping your mods in order, shortly. Once the lights are done we will ship the rest in order. More brackets are on their way from geteos so we'll be able to keep production running. My wife has completed all of the wiring harnesses so it's just a matter of building the bracket pieces for the ones that are on the way.

Awesome! Thanks for the update and putting this together for those of us that don't want to do it ourselves

#470 4 years ago

I am now following. Just did see this. Took a few days away from pinside being busy at work and home. This is great! Do you have one out there on a route being used? I am wondering about durability.

#471 4 years ago

I have one on route, in my game room lol. It has been working great no problem.

#472 4 years ago

GitHub working again!

What servo is being used here? I didn’t see that it the .ino sketch, and missed it if it’s in the thread somewhere..

Edit: never mind! Read the read.me

#473 4 years ago

Damnit UPS

In Transit 07/23/2019 1:21 A.M. East Syracuse, NY, United States
Past Event Shipped 07/18/2019 7:00 P.M. Dartmouth, NS, Canada

I guess maybe customs? I don't know. 5 freaking days.

Sorry guys, still waiting on the lexan lid brackets. In the meantime we're hard at work assembling everything else. I think we're on track to have 40 done shortly, so once the lid comes in we should be shooting these all your way.

If anyone still wants just the bracket and the lexan lid (perfect for lighting mods) I can add those to the site

#474 4 years ago

Damnit UPS
In Transit 07/23/2019 1:21 A.M. East Syracuse, NY, United States
Past Event Shipped 07/18/2019 7:00 P.M. Dartmouth, NS, Canada
I guess maybe customs? I don't know. 5 freaking days.
Sorry guys, still waiting on the lexan lid brackets. In the meantime we're hard at work assembling everything else. I think we're on track to have 40 done shortly, so once the lid comes in we should be shooting these all your way.
If anyone still wants just the bracket and the lexan lid (perfect for lighting mods) I can add those to the site

Do you plan to make a full kit with the mecanism and the light?

#475 4 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

I am now following. Just did see this. Took a few days away from pinside being busy at work and home. This is great! Do you have one out there on a route being used? I am wondering about durability.

I'll be putting it on a route machine. It's ALMOST done and then I can install it. Went a little crazy with the design. (Before you say anything, some of the graphic keys are wrong ATM. The wiring works, though. )

I think it'll hold up fine, but I'll be the first to tell you if it doesn't.
Nano-box (resized).jpgNano-box (resized).jpg

#476 4 years ago
Quoted from fifou313:

If you buy both items (even if they are in seperate orders) we will install the light on the lid and provide the necessary connections to hook it up to the controller. IF we ship out the chest mod first and you didn't get the light, it's an easy install. We designed the arduino connections so you can add the light later. The install of it on the chest is really simple, basically just attach it to the lexan lid bracket and run the wires down.

https://magicalproductions.miiduu.com/jpinballs-actuated-chest-mod-jersey-jack-pinball-pirates-of-the-caribbean
https://magicalproductions.miiduu.com/actuated-chest-rgb-led-lighting-add-on-jersey-jack-pirates-of-the-caribbean

I know it got confusing, this all came together quickly. We've gone through orders and matched up who ordered what, contacted those people who may have just ordered a lighting mod and not the chest mod, etc. If there are any questions feel free to PM me or contact us on the site.

I don't recall if anyone else did this but since our kit is a slightly different I'll be doing an install video once we get the lids. Or maybe I'll do it with the prototype lid so everyone can watch it ahead of time

Added over 4 years ago:

If you buy both items (even if they are in seperate orders) we will install the light on the lid and provide the necessary connections to hook it up to the controller. IF we ship out the chest mod first and you didn't get the light, it's an easy install. We designed the arduino connections so you can add the light later. The install of it on the chest is really simple, basically just attach it to the lexan lid bracket and run the wires down.

https://pinballmods.co/PinballJs-actuated-chest-mod-JJP-POTC

I know it got confusing, this all came together quickly. We've gone through orders and matched up who ordered what, contacted those people who may have just ordered a lighting mod and not the chest mod, etc. If there are any questions feel free to PM me or contact us on the site.

I don't recall if anyone else did this but since our kit is a slightly different I'll be doing an install video once we get the lids. Or maybe I'll do it with the prototype lid so everyone can watch it ahead of time

#477 4 years ago

I can’t get a sense of how much difference the led kit makes. Is it interactive?

#478 4 years ago

I think it is interactive in the sense that the led is RGB, and blinks with the heartbeat.

Currently I have a red one in mine and it looks great, but I’m going to upgrade to the programmable one harryhoudini is selling.

#479 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'll be putting it on a route machine. It's ALMOST done and then I can install it. Went a little crazy with the design. (Before you say anything, some of the graphic keys are wrong ATM. The wiring works, though. )
I think it'll hold up fine, but I'll be the first to tell you if it doesn't.
[quoted image]

Looks professional, neat, and organized. Well done.

#480 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

I can’t get a sense of how much difference the led kit makes. Is it interactive?

Yeah, like Soulrider911 said it has some controls. It turns on and off when the chest opens and closes. It has an option to be steady on or have a heartbeat type effect. And you can choose the shade of color. I posted some videos here, I'll find them and link and put them on the website too.

Btw, here is the finished controller with the lighting buttons attached. Plug and play baby!

#481 4 years ago

Can never make too many brackets lol

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#483 4 years ago

each one except one had some issue. The supports were taking off the little nubs to hold the wires

#484 4 years ago
Quoted from Trooper11040:

each one except one had some issue. The supports were taking off the little nubs to hold the wires

Heh. This is my first time with a 3D printer, I've had so much fun with supports and threads and adhesion. Oh the joy. Luckily for everyone I am not doing the printing for most any of the production pieces we sell.

#485 4 years ago

I own a prusa MK3S...great investment!

#486 4 years ago

Nice Trooper11040 now I j ow what you meant by the nubs breaking I have the older bracket

#487 4 years ago

I assume you're using PLA....

Don't need supports for them on most printers. Should print without them. Only the giant open area on the right of the upright needs supports. On my OCD version after these, I actually added a little wedge to the back side of the wire brackets to give it a little more heft.

I own a prusa MK3S...great investment!

DEFINITELY doesn't need supports for the wire brackets on this. I have three of these for printing, so I know they work without supports for the wire brackets.

#488 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I assume you're using PLA....
Don't need supports for them on most printers. Should print without them. Only the giant open area on the right of the upright needs supports. On my OCD version after these, I actually added a little wedge to the back side of the wire brackets to give it a little more heft.

DEFINITELY doesn't need supports for the wire brackets on this. I have three of these for printing, so I know they work without supports for the wire brackets.

Are you using any particular settings to avoid printing support?

#489 4 years ago

Are you using any particular settings to avoid printing support?

I am using support on the really big gap, just not for those little wire management pieces. They come out fine. If you don't want to waste time and just check, cut off the bottom of the model and just print the top part where all the action is and see how it prints. You can print that top part at 40% fill or so in less than 2 hours. I'm using Prusa and Hatchbox filament pretty interchangeably so I don't think it matters.

#490 4 years ago

Now we got the kid working.

#491 4 years ago

Now we got the kid working.[quoted image]

Have him place something under that cardboard when cutting with the utility knife (besides the flooring

#492 4 years ago

Daughter?

#493 4 years ago

I guess putting his daughter under the cardboard would save the flooring.... but ...

#494 4 years ago

harryhoudini someone suggested that the lid should open slowly but close quickly kinda like gravity slamming it shut.

I agree that this would look better than a slow open and a slow close. Dropping shut would seem like a more realistic effect.

Any chance of implementing this or having it as an option while waiting on parts?

#495 4 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

HarryHoudini someone suggested that the lid should open slowly but close quickly kinda like gravity slamming it shut.
I agree that this would look better than a slow open and a slow close. Dropping shut would seem like a more realistic effect.
Any chance of implementing this or having it as an option while waiting on parts?

If you get the lighting mod it comes with 4 buttons. I was thinking one button might give that kind of control. I haven't looked yet, but could be feasible. Could have button option without lighting, I suppose as well.

Oh my list to look in to.

#496 4 years ago

If you get the lighting mod it comes with 4 buttons. I was thinking one button might give that kind of control. I haven't looked yet, but could be feasible. Could have button option without lighting, I suppose as well.
Oh my list to look in to.

Do you recommend light rubber pieces for the trunks lips, or does this even close hard or abrasively?

#497 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Do you recommend light rubber pieces for the trunks lips, or does this even close hard or abrasively?

It's fairly soft

#498 4 years ago

Started dry fitting mine. No clue wtf I’m doing but so far so good! Haha

E560FFE5-F3F5-4DD8-BFAA-5031F83F6DCE (resized).jpegE560FFE5-F3F5-4DD8-BFAA-5031F83F6DCE (resized).jpeg
#499 4 years ago

What you're doing is everything right! Funny enough, I'm going to be doing the same this weekend so I can make an entertaining video for all the kits we're sending out. I keep watching the CPR package for the lid plastics and they are due here Monday, still! So, all barring any issues we are going to be shipping kits very soon.

#500 4 years ago

Almost done. Just need to get the hinge on, solder the connections and add the linkage!

EB67ABC9-6EF9-4476-989A-7F823EEA2CB3 (resized).jpegEB67ABC9-6EF9-4476-989A-7F823EEA2CB3 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

24,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
Wanted
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

There are 1,330 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 27.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpotc-treasure-chest-open-and-close/page/10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.