(Topic ID: 200624)

JJPOTC suggestions thread (+ attitude pls)

By spinal

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 75 posts
  • 48 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by dnaman
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpeg
20171013_203646 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eskaybee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#36 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

I got to play JJPPOTC about 20 times at expo and love the game and where it's going. I think it would be really cool if you can collect the other characters and their special abilities as you play. Seeing how there are 20 or so of them and more than likely a few will stand out as the ones you will want to pick in the beginning, it would be cool if you could utilize more of the others as you progress through the game. Maybe it's a random character awarded at different gold collection levels, maybe you earn a character after completing a chapter, etc. Maybe the number of characters you have entering a multiball changes your ball save timer or number of balls in play. You chould have a really deep wizard level mode after collecting all of them! Everyone likes carving their initials on a game and a Character Champion could be a cool objective.
Also, I know the chapters were preliminary at Expo, but it might be useful to think about using the larger triangular inserts as more of an integral part in the chapter shots. I'm used to games when in modes/chapters using the largest inserts to guide the important mode shots. It was tricky sometimes locating the smaller flashing inserts to know which ones were key for the chapter I was in.
Just my $0.02. Game looks fantastic and may be the first JJP game in my collection.

I really like this idea. Kind of like 'building' your crew.

I'd like the gold 'tie fighter button mashing' mode be revamped a little. I like the idea surrounding it, but button mashing wasn't quite a favorite thing to do in Star Wars every game. Maybe have gold become this built up treasure chest jackpot then somehow you cash it in. For instance, first time you spell gold, all switches will add 1 gold to the treasure chest for the next 10 secs. Spell gold again and it progresses to 5 gold per switch hit for 10 secs. Then have some shot become the cash in the treasure chest; lose your ball and gold resets back to 0. Other gold rules can still apply for tortuga mb.

#38 6 years ago

Here's an idea for the compass. Give the lock bar button the ability to toggle what your heart desires most, and the compass will point that direction. Make it pretty passive so you really don't have to toggle it all that much, or even have it so the player must set up their compass prior to plunging their ball with one of the choices being a default. but what I mean is have 3 possible choices; 1. Points, 2. Modes, 3. Multiball. So if you have the compass set on points the compass will always point towards the most points rewarding shot. Set it to modes and it'll point towards mode starts or mode shots. Multiball, and it points towards locks and mb starts.

1 week later
#73 6 years ago

Suggestion: give players a ‘random’ option when selecting a character.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eskaybee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpotc-suggestions-thread-attitude-pls?tu=eskaybee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.