3 (resized).jpg
SpinningPops5 Resized (resized).jpg
SpinningPops4 Resized (resized).jpg
SpinningPops6 Resized (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider harryhoudini.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Products are now shipping! 2-3 weeks to customize and create your specific set but all figures are in stock. Hand painted and finished.

https://pinballmods.co/spinning-pop-bumper-barrels-jjp-potc

----------------

If you have a SE and want the spinning pop bumpers then you may be in luck! I am working on a prototype right now which would give a very similar look to what JJP sells out of the box for LE and CE owners. Once again this would be plug and play, including all of the parts you need and a choice of character to top one of the barrels.

Let me know if you are interested so I can get an idea of what kind of quantities I can order in.

#3 4 years ago

Right now, based on parts and printing I think we're probably in the $50 range per pop bumper with possibly an upcharge if you want one of the Neca figurines I was able to nab. I think I'll have a few Davy Jones and a few Jack Sparrow. Very hard to find now.

Plug and play kit, no cutting or splicing or anything. Just unscrew the plastic and shove everything in

Otherwise they will just be spinning barrels that you can add any figure to the top of (for the close one). I think we'll also produce the flat top options for the other 2 pops so you can replace the plastics and have them all match. Those should be pretty cheap.

And I did confirm this is plug and play on SE games, no modifications needed.

#5 4 years ago

Star map, spinning pop bumpers.. grab a shaker motor (I think you did) and maybe we end up making some Depths rocks (or better!) and you're set!

#7 4 years ago

Awesome. Should have it ready to test soon.

#9 4 years ago

Cool. I should have a prototype barrel in hands this week and I have the rest of the components to build one, so I'll do that and test on my LE. Then we'll do a production run of a few and I'll throw them up on the site. Hopefully next week.

1 week later
#11 4 years ago

I'm already disenchanted with my 3D printer. It's 2019 damnit, why does it take so long?! I need one that prints out in say 5-10 minutes, not 1-2 hours. UGH!

#13 4 years ago

It will, the game pulses the motor this was straight powered.

#15 4 years ago

Starfield plastics got in today, they look awesome. I am tinkering with the lighting on it for those who want it, hopefully have another test tonight.

#17 4 years ago

I'd say the prototyping phase is pretty much done. So far I think we have the following pieces of info to share:

1. Plug and play, no soldering or crimping.
2. Easier to install than even the JJP stock one, design improvements
3. Unique design elements & barrel toppers
4. Limited offering of Neca figures Jack and Davy
5. More broad offering of 3D printed & hand painted Jack and Davy
6. 4 barrel matching set, consistent look

Figuring out the total upgrade add on price and individual barrels (if you just want the full barrel tops for the other two static barrels on a LE/CE). Next up, painted production samples. All the electronics are here and ready to go.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#18 4 years ago

Painted a prototype today, looks pretty darn good for a crappy 3D print (draft mode, just a quick output). Working on a full set so we can show some pics and start taking orders. We'll be airbrushing the final product with a better color match to existing game elements. I believe we have about 5 Jack and 3 Davy that we can produce with Neca figures. The other two static pops have special designs to take in to account the lighting inside. The other spinning pop also has a unique design. These are all in one pieces, easy install compared to the JJP originals.

Oh and I don't know if the JJP ones were meant to spin off-center, I think it's just a function of the rubber molded piece not being weighed and aligned properly (it isn't perfectly round). Not sure if that is beneficial or not, but these spin perfectly. We can easily add a bit of weight to one side or put the figure off center to get some wobble, if that is what you want.

I think these will look great on a LE/CE as well since all the pops will match and look similar.

#20 4 years ago

So... here's a tease!

#22 4 years ago

You have Totuga Tom. I have no idea what/who that is. LE and CE got him with the spinning pops. He can be replaced, it's just screwed on.

Jack has been installed by people by buying the Neca figures. However, they are hard as hell to come by. I have several that we will be adding to ours which can be purchased.

Davy is another Neca figure that is even harder to come by and those are generally for CE owners. I also have several of those.

The above figure is for one of the non-spinning... (non spinning.... tease ) pops.

We also have the possibility of printing 3D Davy and Jack. I mean, we have them ready to go but since we have the Neca we are offering those first because Davy and Jack are really detailed to print and we need to refine them a bit.

#24 4 years ago

Marc, you're like the top customer, you have no worries!

#25 4 years ago

Ooooy boy. Can't wait to post an update. Painted some "parts" tonight and they look awesome. Trying to put all the options together so you can visually choose your "path" when ordering. Some customization you can choose here.

1 week later
#27 4 years ago

The two spinning barrel final ones are printing as we speak. We made several tweaks to fitment and design. With these last two pieces I have all of the elements to paint and post a pic. I think there are 10 printed parts to make up all of the pops and they can't all be printed with the same filament so it takes a bit for each iteration. Plus we want to make sure everyone gets their chest mods quickly, so this was sort of backburner for a bit. I hope to have time to paint them in the next few days and post a pic so we can start taking orders.

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

Rad, but wish there was a spinning ninja star mod for Deadpool.

DP is my next machine... let's do this.

I just missed a local used DP ... I might have to buy new.

#31 4 years ago

Heh, thanks. You haven't even seen it finished! I forgot to stop by home depot for some primer, but I'm gonna get them painted up this weekend.

#32 4 years ago

Not an official announcement, not an official poll but if you have an opinion on colors feel free to voice out of the front 3 barrels.

Most everyone polled so far goes for the far right. I think it's a good combination of not fake looking brown (JJP ones look a bit fake brown) and not fake shiny dark brown unlike any barrel I've seen. It makes the bands stand out, as well.

We have a few last minute changes to these now that they are painted. Need to print some new versions, keep hanging in there!

#34 4 years ago

I have some ideas on the wear patterns. Updates coming!

2 weeks later
#35 4 years ago

Allrightly... we're starting to print in batches now. I'll work on getting the sales page up this weekend so we can start taking orders. Probably still about the 2-3 week delay to ship as we produce and finish. There are 11 individual printed pieces which get hand finished and painted so each set takes a bit of time to produce. 100% infill, not hollow, plug and play.

1 week later
#36 4 years ago

Ready for purchase!

https://magicalproductions.miiduu.com/potc-spinning-pop-bumpers-barrel-amp-character-upgrades-jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean

I'm processing some videos now so you can see the lighting and spinning action.

If you have a LE/CE you can upgrade to a full set of barrels without the needed wiring/motors. SE versions get the full kit, plug and play.

This is a nice upgrade for LE/CE which gives you a full matching set of 3D barrels which fill out the top of the pop bumpers nicely.

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpgSpinningPops4 Resized (resized).jpgSpinningPops4 Resized (resized).jpgSpinningPops5 Resized (resized).jpgSpinningPops5 Resized (resized).jpgSpinningPops6 Resized (resized).jpgSpinningPops6 Resized (resized).jpg Added over 4 years ago:

Edit: Find the Spinning Pop Bumpers at https://pinballmods.co/spinning-pop-bumper-barrels-jjp-potc

#37 4 years ago

These barrels posted are weathered with a wood grain and worn wood look. If you prefer sharp edges without weathering or texture (I can post a pic) we are happy to do that as well. Just send me a note with your order.

Of note also is that the skull is being rotated to the left to better face the player.

#38 4 years ago

A little beating heart action.. I think this would be only white light SE models, my LE has RGB GI.

#39 4 years ago

I have an install video that is processing now. In the meantime, I made a thing...

#42 4 years ago

Heh... well, I had them listed as a set and then was asked if they could be split apart so then I listed them separately. There really isn't a ton of profit in these. We wanted to sell them cheaper but with the amount of time it takes to finish a set, with all the little pieces and hand painting, it's just not that feasible. But, since we really appreciate the support from the community, anyone who wants to order a full set can PM me and I'll send them a coupon code. Check your PM

#44 4 years ago

Hah, nice. I had/have DI on my list. It's tough to pick out games sometimes because I rarely get a chance to play them before I buy, hardly ever get a chance to play them for any extended period of time and you never know how it's going to workout at home with repetition. I always wanted a TAF, probably since I started playing pinball and finally got one.. sold it 6 months later. Just wasn't a great game at home. Conversely, I think JJP games make awesome home games and poor location games. I still have a tough time with the DI theme, it's already a bit dated, but still very unique and fun.

2 weeks later
#45 4 years ago

Printed out a few more sets this week and we're finishing them now. This should cover all open orders. Thanks everyone!

2 weeks later
#46 4 years ago

Starting to do some actual photography...

Trinket (resized).jpgTrinket (resized).jpg
#49 4 years ago
Grouping (resized).jpgGrouping (resized).jpg
2 months later
#51 4 years ago

Sold out of Davy and Jack plain. Have a few more Jack with the Jacket (mostly the same as the plain one really). I was able to find one more Davy at a reasonable price so it's on the way if anyone else with a CE wanted that to match. The rest of the available Davys that I can find are $100+ which is more than double the price point I calculated for the mod price. So I guess I could still do them later if someone wanted to pay more.

Anyhow, one more available.

#52 4 years ago

Skull and heart are getting some upgrades, UV cured resin. This is under black/UV light, so if you have some UV in your game it will glow, just a side effect of the resin. The level of detail has been greatly improved.

Last Davy sold. I found a few more but the price would have to go up on those, PM me if you are interested otherwise I'm not going to grab any more due to the limited availability and cost.

#54 4 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

So if I already have a Jack fig, is it $45?

Yeah, if you want to attach him yourself I can send you the barrel and related parts. If you need a motor (if you have an SE) then it is $15 additional. The barrel will be ready for Jack, including screws and holes drilled. You just have to drill Jack and screw him in.

2 months later
#55 4 years ago

Found 2 more Davy, getting quite expensive but I have them in stock for those who were waiting

1 year later
#62 2 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Hey harryhoudini, did you ever redesign the top barrel to be lower? Mine just doesn’t clear the ramp (more like the little metal tab for the wire form).

Depending on when you got your set the latest version might be lower. We made the barrel slightly shorter and the motor mounting plate slightly shorter. It only gives a mm or two so that could make the difference for some. Also, it could help to have our black pearl ramp support kit, which can help raise up the ramp slightly. It seems to be a very small percentage of games where the ramp just sits a bit lower.

#63 2 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Having an issue with my spinning character pop bumper that has me stumped. I installed this about 6 months ago and it's been working perfectly until now. In gameplay, it seems like the motor is very weak, causing the character to just twitch instead of spinning most of the time. Enough hits will eventually get him spinning, but even then he seems to be spinning slower than normal.
I've run him in the coil test a few times and he seems to be functioning normally there. I can't replicate the issue in test mode. I've taken the assembly apart and checked the motor. Everything seems fine there. The motor isn't heating up and it spins hard in test mode. The barrel seems to be firmly tightened onto the motor shaft. I reseated the connectors under the playfield too. Still, when I go back into gameplay, he barely moves. Has anyone encountered this issue? I'm thinking about trying to replace the motor even though it's testing good, just to see if that makes a difference. I'm hoping it's not a pcb issue.

That is strange. To do some further testing you could swap the connectors from the rear spinning pop bumper to the front one (even if you have a SE game the connector will be there). That might give you something more to go on. Haven't heard this from anyone else and working in test mode but not the in game is weird. I suppose the game could be sending different pulses to the motor in game versus test mode.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 38.00
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

24,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider harryhoudini.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpotc-spinning-pop-bumpers-upgrade?tu=harryhoudini and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.