3 (resized).jpg
SpinningPops5 Resized (resized).jpg
SpinningPops4 Resized (resized).jpg
SpinningPops6 Resized (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Betelgeuse.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#57 2 years ago
Quoted from Stef95:

Hello, little question. I installed the rotating kit on my SE. Do I have to remove the four red wires? I think so but I prefer to be sure. Thank you

You mean for the LEDs in the pops? Yes, just clip those wires to remove the LED from the assembly. Then trace the wires back to the control board mounted under the playfield and disconnect them from that PCB.

1 month later
#60 2 years ago

Having an issue with my spinning character pop bumper that has me stumped. I installed this about 6 months ago and it's been working perfectly until now. In gameplay, it seems like the motor is very weak, causing the character to just twitch instead of spinning most of the time. Enough hits will eventually get him spinning, but even then he seems to be spinning slower than normal.

I've run him in the coil test a few times and he seems to be functioning normally there. I can't replicate the issue in test mode. I've taken the assembly apart and checked the motor. Everything seems fine there. The motor isn't heating up and it spins hard in test mode. The barrel seems to be firmly tightened onto the motor shaft. I reseated the connectors under the playfield too. Still, when I go back into gameplay, he barely moves. Has anyone encountered this issue? I'm thinking about trying to replace the motor even though it's testing good, just to see if that makes a difference. I'm hoping it's not a pcb issue.

2 weeks later
#64 2 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

That is strange. To do some further testing you could swap the connectors from the rear spinning pop bumper to the front one (even if you have a SE game the connector will be there). That might give you something more to go on. Haven't heard this from anyone else and working in test mode but not the in game is weird. I suppose the game could be sending different pulses to the motor in game versus test mode.

Thanks. I actually had done like you suggested and swapped it to the hookup for the other pop bumper, but I was still getting the same results. Long story short, I ended up swapping out the motor and it's been working great ever since. I'm not sure why the bad motor performed better in test than in gameplay, but after seeing the difference, the replacement motor is definitely spinning harder in test than the old one was.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

24,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Wanted
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Betelgeuse.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpotc-spinning-pop-bumpers-upgrade?tu=Betelgeuse and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.