(Topic ID: 246305)

(◕‿-) JJPOTC Spinning Pop Bumpers Upgrade - Prototyping (◕‿-)

By harryhoudini

16 days ago

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by harryhoudini
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pasted_image (resized).png

#1 16 days ago

If you have a SE and want the spinning pop bumpers then you may be in luck! I am working on a prototype right now which would give a very similar look to what JJP sells out of the box for LE and CE owners. Once again this would be plug and play, including all of the parts you need and a choice of character to top one of the barrels.

Let me know if you are interested so I can get an idea of what kind of quantities I can order in.

#2 15 days ago

Yes! Depending on price of course.

#3 15 days ago

Right now, based on parts and printing I think we're probably in the $50 range per pop bumper with possibly an upcharge if you want one of the Neca figurines I was able to nab. I think I'll have a few Davy Jones and a few Jack Sparrow. Very hard to find now.

Plug and play kit, no cutting or splicing or anything. Just unscrew the plastic and shove everything in

Otherwise they will just be spinning barrels that you can add any figure to the top of (for the close one). I think we'll also produce the flat top options for the other 2 pops so you can replace the plastics and have them all match. Those should be pretty cheap.

And I did confirm this is plug and play on SE games, no modifications needed.

#4 15 days ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Right now, based on parts and printing I think we're probably in the $50 range per pop bumper with possibly an upcharge if you want one of the Neca figurines I was able to nab. I think I'll have a few Davy Jones and a few Jack Sparrow. Very hard to find now.
Plug and play kit, no cutting or splicing or anything. Just unscrew the plastic and shove everything in
Otherwise they will just be spinning barrels that you can add any figure to the top of (for the close one). I think we'll also produce the flat top options for the other 2 pops so you can replace the plastics and have them all match. Those should be pretty cheap.
And I did confirm this is plug and play on SE games, no modifications needed.

That's awesome. Your work may make the se not a bad choice after all.

#5 15 days ago

Star map, spinning pop bumpers.. grab a shaker motor (I think you did) and maybe we end up making some Depths rocks (or better!) and you're set!

#6 14 days ago

You are amazing! I’ll be snagging this one along with the starmap

#7 14 days ago

Awesome. Should have it ready to test soon.

#8 13 days ago

Looking forward to it. Waiting on this before I order your chest mod and a few other things. Thanks!

#9 13 days ago

Cool. I should have a prototype barrel in hands this week and I have the rest of the components to build one, so I'll do that and test on my LE. Then we'll do a production run of a few and I'll throw them up on the site. Hopefully next week.

1 week later
#11 5 days ago

I'm already disenchanted with my 3D printer. It's 2019 damnit, why does it take so long?! I need one that prints out in say 5-10 minutes, not 1-2 hours. UGH!

#12 5 days ago

How many RPM is that motor?

I think it might actually look a bit better if it spins a little slower than the original LE/Ce spinning pop bumper cap.

Slower like Bigfoot's head on Wh2o...

#13 5 days ago

It will, the game pulses the motor this was straight powered.

#14 5 days ago

Cool Harry!! I'm in on this, the chest and just waiting for the Starfield to ship. Your the best!!

#15 5 days ago

Starfield plastics got in today, they look awesome. I am tinkering with the lighting on it for those who want it, hopefully have another test tonight.

#16 5 days ago

Cool!!! Cant wait fo install it then order the rest your like my crack dealer.... well if I smoked crack.

#17 2 days ago

I'd say the prototyping phase is pretty much done. So far I think we have the following pieces of info to share:

1. Plug and play, no soldering or crimping.
2. Easier to install than even the JJP stock one, design improvements
3. Unique design elements & barrel toppers
4. Limited offering of Neca figures Jack and Davy
5. More broad offering of 3D printed & hand painted Jack and Davy
6. 4 barrel matching set, consistent look

Figuring out the total upgrade add on price and individual barrels (if you just want the full barrel tops for the other two static barrels on a LE/CE). Next up, painted production samples. All the electronics are here and ready to go.

pasted_image (resized).png
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 87.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 239.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St Paul, MN

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside