(Topic ID: 246086)

JJP POTC Replacement Apron Art - Shipping Now!

By harryhoudini

11 months ago

Topic Stats

• 65 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by harryhoudini
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you interested?”

• Yes, around $40 is fine for one set. 12 votes
    46%
  • Yes, but only if cheaper 5 votes
    19%
  • Nope, fine with the original 9 votes
    35%

(26 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 25 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

60F813A1-CA14-46C2-992D-2992836735FD (resized).jpeg
01A65E75-2C93-45A5-8E90-660CCCA600C5 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
Blue-Preview (resized).jpg
Green-Preview (resized).jpg
Ocean-Preview (resized).jpg
Now-Available (resized).png
0702191853 (resized).jpg
Apron-Mock (resized).jpg
Blue-Preview (resized).jpg
Green-Preview (resized).jpg
Ocean-Preview (resized).jpg

There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 10 months ago

I might as well try them out

Now, guys... install is REALLY tough here. You gotta take off the glass

If you'll notice the decals and magnets cover the little rubber bumpers. That means you have to remove them first. The install the magnet or decal and use a sharp knife to cut the hole out if you want to reinstall the bumpers. I recommend wetting them and sort of pushing and twisting them back into place. We didn't cut these out since the original decals on the aprons might not be perfectly aligned so you can adjust your decal to cover properly and then trim the hole.

The decal could be installed dry or wet, your preference. If you are pretty confident in your alignment skills just pull back some of the backing and then do the alignment with part of the decal before you pull the rest off. In my experience the crucial part is the top angle that borders the playfield and the screen side. The rest falls into place.

#52 10 months ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

I might as well try them out
Now, guys... install is REALLY tough here. You gotta take off the glass
If you'll notice the decals and magnets cover the little rubber bumpers. That means you have to remove them first. The install the magnet or decal and use a sharp knife to cut the hole out if you want to reinstall the bumpers. I recommend wetting them and sort of pushing and twisting them back into place. We didn't cut these out since the original decals on the aprons might not be perfectly aligned so you can adjust your decal to cover properly and then trim the hole.
The decal could be installed dry or wet, your preference. If you are pretty confident in your alignment skills just pull back some of the backing and then do the alignment with part of the decal before you pull the rest off. In my experience the crucial part is the top angle that borders the playfield and the screen side. The rest falls into place.[quoted image]

Are the bumpers adhesive based?

I wonder what the diameter is. I have a couple hole punches, but for paper.

Looks sharp so far!

#53 10 months ago
Quoted from wesman:

Are the bumpers adhesive based?
I wonder what the diameter is. I have a couple hole punches, but for paper.
Looks sharp so far!

No, little nubs like the other rubber bits (like the plastic protector behind the chest). They cover the holes so it is easy to just cut them out. They are about the size of a hole punch, a bit smaller. I just hacked it with a hobby knife and you can't tell. Oops, forgot to post this image.

#54 10 months ago

Just in case you wanted to see them, installation instructions!

https://magicalproductions.miiduu.com/apron-art-installation

Added 140 days ago:

Just in case you wanted to see them, installation instructions!

https://pinballmods.co/apron-art-installation

#55 10 months ago

Got mine in today. What do the rubber bumpers actually do? Didn’t put mine back on yet. FYI the magnetic ones are so easy to put in. Goes perfectly with my Kraken side art blades.

01A65E75-2C93-45A5-8E90-660CCCA600C5 (resized).jpeg
#56 10 months ago

You know... I wondered the same thing and I kept meaning to look but I *think* they hit the backbox when you put the playfield up. WOZ sits on the state fair balloon. I'm hoping that is what these are for.

5 months later
#57 4 months ago

Now on our 2nd run of Davy magnets we have 1 left. Probably won't order more since the have a decent minimum quantity, so come and get it. Still have plenty of decals for Davy.

#58 4 months ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Now on our 2nd run of Davy magnets we have 1 left. Probably won't order more since the have a decent minimum quantity, so come and get it. Still have plenty of decals for Davy.

How many with France shipping fees?

#59 4 months ago
Quoted from Thot:

How many with France shipping fees?

You can quote it on our website, https://pinballmods.co/pinball-decals/apron-art-upgraded-decal-set-jjp-potc. Shouldn't be too much but let me know if it is. Should be able to send it in a large envelope.

2 weeks later
#60 4 months ago

For those who just ordered the Davy magnets, we had a problem with the items in our warehouse so we are waiting for replacements from our vendor. They have already shipped to us so as soon we get them we'll send them out right away. For anyone who wants Davy magnets we now will have a few extra, they are listed on our site.

#61 4 months ago

Anyone have the skeleton one that has a pic of it installed? Preferably magnetic.

#62 4 months ago

I like that CE art option. Looks good!

#63 4 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Anyone have the skeleton one that has a pic of it installed? Preferably magnetic.

Yes, as a matter of fact.

#64 4 months ago

Just got my game and have it all torn apart for modding/adjusting etc. here is the CE art magnets. So much more inline with the theme than the stock ones. For what it’s worth I used a cigar punch to get the bumper holes punched out.

60F813A1-CA14-46C2-992D-2992836735FD (resized).jpeg
#65 4 months ago

You didn't hack it with a hobby knife while holding the camera with the other hand? That's the way I roll.

Looks awesome!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Vancouver, BC
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside