New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 244612)

-`д´- JJP POTC Black Pearl Window & Flickering Flame - Shipping now! -`д´-

By harryhoudini

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 289 posts
  • 43 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by Flynnyfalcon
  • Topic is favorited by 16 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 72 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

2024584E-EC84-4E67-9A91-534B74F777AE (resized).jpeg
20190723_224805.jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
Now-Available (resized).png
0702191854 (resized).jpg
0702191943a (resized).jpg
0702191943b (resized).jpg
0702191944 (resized).jpg
170CA9B1-FEAF-4479-9509-56A69001A877 (resized).jpeg
DecalsEnvelope (resized).jpg
Decals (resized).jpg
Door Decal2 (resized).jpg
29A0AAB7-635C-4408-95D3-6B29B1499A8B (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Geteos.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#34 1 year ago

The high windows are still a possibility. I’m helping harryhoudini with this project, but unfortunately I don’t have access to a POTC so it’s going to take a bit of back and forth to figure out what is going to be best. Once this makes it over to him we’ll have a better sense of where to go next.

Hopefully we can come up with something interesting!

1 week later
#179 1 year ago

Both me and harry were surprised at how well it fit for a first prototype! Kudos to him for good dimensions for me to work with! Now just need to add the “glass” and the LEDs.

Once painted I think it will look excellent. I’m excited and I haven’t even seen or played POTC haha.

#201 1 year ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Here is a plastic test I did. Some spray paint and a piece of plastic. I think this could work well, I need to see if I have some blue in the shop but a combination of blue, black and gold probably makes a nice effect. This test is some gold on one part and then I flip it around and it's bronze with red sparkle mixed in.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/jKtEwQasHfzrHqgE8

This looks outstanding! Great job on the lighting. The plastic sheet does a really nice job for diffusion.

#215 1 year ago

I start printing today, but I only have one printer so it will take a few days to make enough to send to harry for his electronic work and finishing touches.

1 week later
#238 1 year ago

Just about finished the 3D printing. Should be up to 30 by tomorrow night. Then just need to hit them with some paint and clear coat and they’ll be on their way to harryhoudini for electrical and finishing touches.

29A0AAB7-635C-4408-95D3-6B29B1499A8B (resized).jpeg
#252 1 year ago

Haha, yea I had to use a filament that wasn’t too dark since we were painting it. Figured brown was the closest. The painted colour is a blend of dark brown and blue. Might throw in a spec of silver too. Painting them all today!

1 week later
#264 1 year ago

Can't wait to see all these doors installed in everyones' games!

Props to harryhoudini and his wife for final assembly on this mod, glad I could contribute to this!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Fullerton, CA
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 3.50
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
$ 89.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 499.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Geteos.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside