0702191943a (resized).jpg
0702191943b (resized).jpg
0702191944 (resized).jpg
170CA9B1-FEAF-4479-9509-56A69001A877 (resized).jpeg
DecalsEnvelope (resized).jpg
Decals (resized).jpg
Door Decal2 (resized).jpg
29A0AAB7-635C-4408-95D3-6B29B1499A8B (resized).jpeg
There are 289 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.
#251 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Ohhhh... Light brown is unpainted. They are all being painted to match the Pearl.

Damn! I wanted mine in the baby poo brown!!

#252 4 years ago

Haha, yea I had to use a filament that wasn’t too dark since we were painting it. Figured brown was the closest. The painted colour is a blend of dark brown and blue. Might throw in a spec of silver too. Painting them all today!

#253 4 years ago
Quoted from Geteos:

Haha, yea I had to use a filament that wasn’t too dark since we were painting it. Figured brown was the closest. The painted colour is a blend of dark brown and blue. Might throw in a spec of silver too. Painting them all today!

Nice!!

#254 4 years ago

Decals are getting installed. The off-center JJP decals are killing me. I am going to remove them and re-apply.

0702191943a (resized).jpg0702191943a (resized).jpg0702191943b (resized).jpg0702191943b (resized).jpg0702191944 (resized).jpg0702191944 (resized).jpg

I am going to get those BONUS X decals printed next, I think those are the last ones. Depending on cost I might be able to include those with everyone who already bought a set.

Got the wife hard at work on your window mods. She's on the soldering team now while listening to Brian Cox podcasts. 0702191854 (resized).jpg0702191854 (resized).jpg

#255 4 years ago

Decals are getting installed. The off-center JJP decals are killing me. I am going to remove them and re-apply.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
I am going to get those BONUS X decals printed next, I think those are the last ones. Depending on cost I might be able to include those with everyone who already bought a set.
Got the wife hard at work on your window mods. She's on the soldering team now while listening to Brian Cox podcasts. [quoted image]

Brian Cox, the actor???

#256 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Brian Cox, the actor???

British particle physicist

#257 4 years ago

British particle physicist

The ladies do like Brian.

For all those that want a laugh listen to poor Brian try to explain human impact on Climate Change to one of Australia’s smartest politicians.

#258 4 years ago

Did not watch but sent link to wife, we'll see what she has to say
I've heard enough of his sexy, dreamlike voice for my life!

#259 4 years ago

Did not watch but sent link to wife, we'll see what she has to say
I've heard enough of his sexy, dreamlike voice for my life!

Its more seeing him flustered when dealing with obstinate people

#260 4 years ago

Well, thanks to my wife we pretty much have everything put together. When the windows arrive at my house (should be any day) we just need to install the "glass" and put in the LEDs. Depending on what else you ordered we'll start shipping out. Full width galaxy plastics should be here around the same time so those can ship out and decals are all here and ready. You'll get a tracking number when we ship and we'll be going in order as long as we have everything to ship to you.

#261 4 years ago

For those of you who ordered a white LED on "spec" alone, here you go! You get a unique glass color (white/blue tint with some sparkle) and I'm going to include an extra piece of glass so you have the option to double it up. The white LEDs are HELLA brighter than the yellow. The whites are also getting a bit of frosting on the bulb to diffuse it a bit. They are probably double, if not more, the brightness of the yellows.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/hipaNVJ25uPi9PTQ9

Btw... the mods are here!! Geteos did an awesome job. My wife is going to be cutting up the glass and installing them tomorrow and packaging them up. We'll be shipping with other mods/orders so trying to put your orders together if we can. I believe almost everything will be here tomorrow (plastics, apron art, etc). So you should start getting shipping notifications within the next few days!

#262 4 years ago

That looks really nice! Thank you for working on this.

Honestly it looks even better than I expected.

#263 4 years ago

For those of you who ordered a white LED on "spec" alone, here you go! You get a unique glass color (white/blue tint with some sparkle) and I'm going to include an extra piece of glass so you have the option to double it up. The white LEDs are HELLA brighter than the yellow. The whites are also getting a bit of frosting on the bulb to diffuse it a bit. They are probably double, if not more, the brightness of the yellows.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/hipaNVJ25uPi9PTQ9
Btw... the mods are here!! geteos did an awesome job. My wife is going to be cutting up the glass and installing them tomorrow and packaging them up. We'll be shipping with other mods/orders so trying to put your orders together if we can. I believe almost everything will be here tomorrow (plastics, apron art, etc). So you should start getting shipping notifications within the next few days!

You're the man HH! Excellent work to you, your partner, and your wife!

#264 4 years ago

Can't wait to see all these doors installed in everyones' games!

Props to harryhoudini and his wife for final assembly on this mod, glad I could contribute to this!

#266 4 years ago

As if we didn't have enough going on we're launching a new store. Real domain name, real shopping cart. I was too short sighted in trying to keep this simple... should have known as a programmer. Looking to partner with other mod developers who need a place to sell online. We can handle all aspects of mod development to warehousing, drop shipping, etc. I have another online retail business so most of these processes are already in place.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#267 4 years ago

Could this be yours?

Pssst...it could only be yours if you ordered white

#268 4 years ago

Ordered, picked the yellow though

#269 4 years ago

Expect a shipping notice soon!

#270 4 years ago

I too ordered yellow, 3 weeks ago... anxiously waiting for notice.
Very cool mod indeed!

#271 4 years ago

We just got done packing 10 up for shipment tomorrow. Shipping most of them this week!

#272 4 years ago

We just got done packing 10 up for shipment tomorrow. Shipping most of them this week!

One thing I noticed with removing the black pearl and reinstalling is the JJP supplied opto shield really made it tricky to get the black pearl back on. The VUK was digging into it. Have you been able to remove the pearl and reinstall with this new mod?

#273 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

One thing I noticed with removing the black pearl and reinstalling is the JJP supplied opto shield really made it tricky to get the black pearl back on. The VUK was digging into it. Have you been able to remove the pearl and reinstall with this new mod?

It's much easier to remove the VUK (three screws) and then remove the BP.

#274 4 years ago

Yup, remove vuk first. If not you can just pull the mod off, it has a plug above the playfield. Comes off in minutes.

#275 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Also better than digging into those wires...

But yeah, the VUK removal is amazing! Wish I knew about it the first two times I removed the Pearl.

#276 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Also better than digging into those wires...
But yeah, the VUK removal is amazing! Wish I knew about it the first two times I removed the Pearl.

Ok thanks. Not sure how to reach those 3 screws. Pearl seems to be in the way. Will try this next time.

Thanks for the advice.

#277 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Ok thanks. Not sure how to reach those 3 screws. Pearl seems to be in the way. Will try this next time.
Thanks for the advice.

Just a longer shafted screwdriver would work wonders. It's ultimately far easier than realigning the BP ramp. That's a pain.

#279 4 years ago

First you get yourself a gyroscopic electric screwdriver:
amazon.com link »
Then you get a nice extension
amazon.com link »
Then you get some magnetic bits
amazon.com link »
And a magnetic addon for your sockets
amazon.com link »
Some socket adapters
amazon.com link »
Magnetic phillips
amazon.com link »
And might as well get a magnetizer
amazon.com link »
I assume you have sockets...
That should just about do it.

Wow. Lots of good stuff. Thanks Harry. I just use hand for everything on pinball. Got a socket set with extensions, but not the magnetised sockets. Also got magnetised manual screwdriver set. I use my electric screwdriver for creating havoc elsewhere around the house. I think I will get the magnetic bits and the addon for the sockets. Thanks for sharing.

#280 4 years ago

Most of that is stuff I have. I keep getting more because I'm tired of dropping hard to reach fasteners, cobbling together various adapters to make stuff work, etc. After dealing with the Castle playfield on WOZ and the VUK on the BP it's good to have various magnetic stuff and long stuff. And my arms are messed up from typing for 30 years so the electric is awesome. My go to Dewalt eletric impact driver was just a bit too powerful for this stuff. Also I keep taking stuff apart and putting it back together... over and over.

#281 4 years ago

I've got her down in the dungeon shipping orders!

#282 4 years ago

Happy owners!

I wanted to give you some positive feedback as I just installed my window. At first I was a little concerned with all the directions, but the install proved to be easy and no swearing was needed to complete the project. That's always a bonus and rarely happens. Looks great!

-----

Just wanted to tell you that my wife and I installed your Black Pearl MOD this am. You instructions were very clear and easy to follow and the finished product looks great. Well done Sir!

#283 4 years ago

Hey Harry, where can I find the install directions for the BP window (mine did not come with any)? Thanks

NM, found them online.

#284 4 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Hey Harry, where can I find the install directions for the BP window (mine did not come with any)? Thanks

Ah good question, they were supposed to come with a little sheet with a link but maybe we missed that. I will add them to the main post: https://magicalproductions.miiduu.com/black-pearl-stand-up-window-filler-install-instructions

Added over 4 years ago:
Quoted from arzoo:

Ah good question, they were supposed to come with a little sheet with a link but maybe we missed that. I will add them to the main post: https://pinballmods.co/black-pearl-install-instructions

#285 4 years ago

Ah good question, they were supposed to come with a little sheet with a link but maybe we missed that. I will add them to the main post: https://magicalproductions.miiduu.com/black-pearl-stand-up-window-filler-install-instructions

What a home run Harry! Thx man!

20190723_224805.jpg20190723_224805.jpg
#286 4 years ago

Thanks Glad you like it, glad it all worked out!

#287 4 years ago

Thanks Glad you like it, glad it all worked out!

Looks complete. Like it was always meant to be there. First time I’ve seen it complete with the decals.

Stellar job.

Quoted from BladeFury:

What a home run Harry! Thx man![quoted image]

Thanks for posting Mr Fury! Great to see, can’t wait until mine arrives.

#288 4 years ago

Yep...it is a must have. But now it points out all the other areas you are working on like the Maelstrom.

Oh and thanks a lot...put in the spinner decals just to find that JJP missed the back side of one of my spinners completely. It was just bare metal. Lol.
2024584E-EC84-4E67-9A91-534B74F777AE (resized).jpeg2024584E-EC84-4E67-9A91-534B74F777AE (resized).jpeg

4 months later
#289 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

The ladies do like Brian.
For all those that want a laugh listen to poor Brian try to explain human impact on Climate Change to one of Australia’s smartest politicians.

Hardly Australias smartest politician!!, the blokes a massive buffoon, but does typify a scary and dangerous vocal minority that still holds some power around the world. Love listening to Brian Cox. Amazing man.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

24,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 289 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpotc-black-pearl-center-spinner-stand-up-target-cover-/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.