New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 244612)

-`д´- JJP POTC Black Pearl Window & Flickering Flame - Shipping now! -`д´-

By harryhoudini

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 289 posts
  • 43 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by Flynnyfalcon
  • Topic is favorited by 16 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 72 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

2024584E-EC84-4E67-9A91-534B74F777AE (resized).jpeg
20190723_224805.jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
Now-Available (resized).png
0702191854 (resized).jpg
0702191943a (resized).jpg
0702191943b (resized).jpg
0702191944 (resized).jpg
170CA9B1-FEAF-4479-9509-56A69001A877 (resized).jpeg
DecalsEnvelope (resized).jpg
Decals (resized).jpg
Door Decal2 (resized).jpg
29A0AAB7-635C-4408-95D3-6B29B1499A8B (resized).jpeg

There are 289 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.
#201 1 year ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Here is a plastic test I did. Some spray paint and a piece of plastic. I think this could work well, I need to see if I have some blue in the shop but a combination of blue, black and gold probably makes a nice effect. This test is some gold on one part and then I flip it around and it's bronze with red sparkle mixed in.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/jKtEwQasHfzrHqgE8

This looks outstanding! Great job on the lighting. The plastic sheet does a really nice job for diffusion.

#202 1 year ago
Quoted from Geteos:

This looks outstanding! Great job on the lighting. The plastic sheet does a really nice job for diffusion.

Thanks Team effort!

#203 1 year ago

Ok, I am going to finish up this prototype and we're going to do a production run

Online store will be up shortly, I would say this week. I just want to get some final pics up and figure out final cost.

#204 1 year ago

Such an awesome job Harry!! Just curious, what would be involved in installing it? Is the boy going to need to be torn apart?

Thanks

#205 1 year ago

I love all of this! Looks amazing harryhoudini !!!!!

#206 1 year ago
Quoted from Heater:

Such an awesome job Harry!! Just curious, what would be involved in installing it? Is the boy going to need to be torn apart?
Thanks

I am going to test the wiring out soon but I envision a very easy install. Two nuts to remove the top of the ship railing and it slips right on. Threading the wiring down through the ship to the playfield might be the only tricky part but worst case I think you just use a stiff wire to fish it through. Plug and play.

#207 1 year ago
Quoted from pinupgirl1975:

I love all of this! Looks amazing harryhoudini !!!!!

Thanks! And my WOZ looks great because of your graphics that I just installed

#208 1 year ago

Thanks! And my WOZ looks great because of your graphics that I just installed

Awesome! Glad you like them! let us know if you need our help with decals anytime!!

#209 1 year ago

Welp, I think we're looking good! I am going to play with the window "glass" a bit and the painted color (needs to be a bit lighter) but this is pretty much what it will look like.

Video in action: https://photos.app.goo.gl/cR8i1ebqkiRxXbEq5

Filler-Final (resized).jpg
#210 1 year ago

Amazing! I need this

#211 1 year ago

Welp, I think we're looking good! I am going to play with the window "glass" a bit and the painted color (needs to be a bit lighter) but this is pretty much what it will look like.
Video in action: https://photos.app.goo.gl/cR8i1ebqkiRxXbEq5[quoted image]

Turns an ugly part of the game into a real feature! New door looks much better. Can’t wait!!!

#212 1 year ago

Ready to buy. Take my money. And lots of others’ too.

#213 1 year ago

Decal company is printing the door ones again, different color options so everyone who orders those will get two sets (one of each) included (8 total stickers) so they can choose which ones (or combination) they want to use.

I'll post the store if you all want to order but stuff isn't going to ship for a few weeks. geteos can only print so fast

#214 1 year ago

Decal company is printing the door ones again, different color options so everyone who orders those will get two sets (one of each) included (8 total stickers) so they can choose which ones (or combination) they want to use.
I'll post the store if you all want to order but stuff isn't going to ship for a few weeks. geteos can only print so fast

Post a link to your store!

#215 1 year ago

I start printing today, but I only have one printer so it will take a few days to make enough to send to harry for his electronic work and finishing touches.

#216 1 year ago

Ok, store is live!

*Please bear with me, if there are any questions or issues feel free to PM so I can help figure them out. New store for me, new payment processing, etc.

*2-3 weeks to produce all the products, you'll get a notification when your order ships.

*Flat rate $1 shipping for all decals, otherwise please choose an appropriate shipping method

https://magicalproductions.miiduu.com

Added 9 months ago:

Ok, store is live!

*Please bear with me, if there are any questions or issues feel free to PM so I can help figure them out. New store for me, new payment processing, etc.

*2-3 weeks to produce all the products, you'll get a notification when your order ships.

*Flat rate $1 shipping for all decals, otherwise please choose an appropriate shipping method

https://pinballmods.co

#217 1 year ago

Ordered!!

Decal set said out of stock. Did I miss something?

#218 1 year ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Ordered!!
Decal set said out of stock. Did I miss something?

Doh, fixed! (Check your PMs)

#219 1 year ago
Quoted from Geteos:

I start printing today, but I only have one printer so it will take a few days to make enough to send to harry for his electronic work and finishing touches.

It would be ideal if there is an option to ship this side of the border

#220 1 year ago
Quoted from dnaman:

It would be ideal if there is an option to ship this side of the border

A bit beyond the store capability right now but also supply chain

#222 1 year ago

Order in

#223 1 year ago

You guys are creating a lot of work for us

#224 1 year ago

best day ever! ordered

#225 1 year ago

Ordered!

#226 1 year ago

Ordered as well. Looking forward to installing your modes. Very nice!,

#227 1 year ago

I tried to order it says out of stock ? I thought they were they were out of stock for a few weeks how is everyone else ordering?
(the black pearl part)

#228 1 year ago

I also could not Order it will not progress as it claims it is out of stock.

#229 1 year ago

Ok, added more stock but will take a bit longer to ship. geteos is moving quick though so might not be too long

#230 1 year ago

thank you now Ordered

#231 1 year ago

Arrrrr! I'm in as well! Thanks Scott!

#232 1 year ago
Quoted from tonycip:

I tried to order it says out of stock ? I thought they were they were out of stock for a few weeks how is everyone else ordering?
(the black pearl part)

Thanks got it now!

#233 1 year ago

I've been working on the instructions for install. Overly detailed but only a 10 minute install and 2 nuts to remove.

https://magicalproductions.miiduu.com/black-pearl-stand-up-window-filler-install-instructions

If you have any suggestions or comments, feel free. I'm working on a video.

Added 9 months ago:

I've been working on the instructions for install. Overly detailed but only a 10 minute install and 2 nuts to remove.

https://pinballmods.co/black-pearl-install-instructions

#234 1 year ago

https://magicalproductions.miiduu.com/black-pearl-stand-up-window-filler-install-instructions

Other than some of the photos maybe being too zoomed in, it's excellent! (Though on my phone, in mobile view, that might be on me.)

#235 1 year ago

Looks good Harry.

So you are using 12v?

#236 1 year ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Looks good Harry.
So you are using 12v?

Yup, no need for a converter (buck board) to modify ... the light runs off 12v directly. Quick and easy.

#237 1 year ago

Some decals installed. The stupid JJP one was off-center to begin with. I'm going to remove it.

#238 1 year ago

Just about finished the 3D printing. Should be up to 30 by tomorrow night. Then just need to hit them with some paint and clear coat and they’ll be on their way to harryhoudini for electrical and finishing touches.

29A0AAB7-635C-4408-95D3-6B29B1499A8B (resized).jpeg
#239 1 year ago
Quoted from Geteos:

Just about finished the 3D printing. Should be up to 30 by tomorrow night. Then just need to hit them with some paint and clear coat and they’ll be on their way to harryhoudini for electrical and finishing touches.[quoted image]

AWESOME! It's all coming together!

#240 1 year ago

Updated door spinner decals are here. You get 4 of each type.

Door Decal2 (resized).jpg
#241 1 year ago

Yup, no need for a converter (buck board) to modify ... the light runs off 12v directly. Quick and easy.

Are you going to allow the servo for the chest to piggy back into this or different circuit?

#242 1 year ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Are you going to allow the servo for the chest to piggy back into this or different circuit?

No idea, haven't gotten those details yet. Probably either one of the spotlights or door power

#243 1 year ago

Updated door spinner decals are here. You get 4 of each type.[quoted image]

Nice bedspread!!
Shaggy!

#244 1 year ago

Window mods are almost ready to ship to me! I expect they will start mailing out late next week. Decals are all in hand. Galaxy starmap plastics are on their way to me. So you should start getting ship notifications soon

#245 1 year ago

Packaging them up!

Decals (resized).jpgDecalsEnvelope (resized).jpg
#246 1 year ago

Is there a color option for the window? I see a darker brown in the pic.

#247 1 year ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Is there a color option for the window? I see a darker brown in the pic.

The decal? You get both. Printer made the first ones too purple.

#248 1 year ago

These. Do they come in different colors?

170CA9B1-FEAF-4479-9509-56A69001A877 (resized).jpeg
#249 1 year ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

These. Do they come in different colors?[quoted image]

Ohhhh... Light brown is unpainted. They are all being painted to match the Pearl.

#250 1 year ago

Ohhhh... Light brown is unpainted. They are all being painted to match the Pearl.

Thanks!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 53.00
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 18.95
$ 3.50
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
There are 289 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside