0702191943a (resized).jpg
0702191943b (resized).jpg
0702191944 (resized).jpg
170CA9B1-FEAF-4479-9509-56A69001A877 (resized).jpeg
DecalsEnvelope (resized).jpg
Decals (resized).jpg
Door Decal2 (resized).jpg
29A0AAB7-635C-4408-95D3-6B29B1499A8B (resized).jpeg

There are 289 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.
#151 4 years ago

Look forward to seeing this kit looks great!

#152 4 years ago

I am in for a set as well.

#153 4 years ago

Why not, designing some standup target stickers. Mine are already wearing, so I know this is going to be a need as I am not buying JJP decal sets each time I need to replace these 8 or so. It will be these 6 and then the two check locks.

Thoughts?

X-BONUS (resized).jpgX-BONUS (resized).jpg
#154 4 years ago

Another similar option. Not going to produce these right away (waiting for the others to come in first) but I think they will be worth it.

X-BONUS-2 (resized).jpgX-BONUS-2 (resized).jpg
#155 4 years ago
X-BONUS-3 (resized).jpgX-BONUS-3 (resized).jpg
#156 4 years ago

Like the one with the map in the background

#157 4 years ago

Roman numerals?

X-BONUS-ROMANS (resized).jpgX-BONUS-ROMANS (resized).jpg
#158 4 years ago

Or like a flag?

X-BONUS-FLAG (resized).jpgX-BONUS-FLAG (resized).jpg
#159 4 years ago

Chest lock option

Chest-lock (resized).jpgChest-lock (resized).jpg
#160 4 years ago

Getting close to launch

Untitled-1 (resized).jpgUntitled-1 (resized).jpg
#161 4 years ago

I like the skulls that represent each movie 5 targets and 5 movies.

#162 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I like the skulls that represent each movie 5 targets and 5 movies.

Hummm.. I could check in to that.

#163 4 years ago

Cant wait to see that lighted window .

#164 4 years ago

Not the best photo but here is the lineage of them.
DBE35F8B-B769-464A-BE6F-5554B44A77AA (resized).pngDBE35F8B-B769-464A-BE6F-5554B44A77AA (resized).png

Only thing that would be wonky is 2x would be movie 1 and 6x movie 5 but at least you get the variety and these same skills are already incorporated elsewhere in the game and art.

#165 4 years ago

Is that the final plastic in the middle between the spinners? Can you make sure there is enough clearance for the spinners? Thanks!

#166 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Is that the final plastic in the middle between the spinners? Can you make sure there is enough clearance for the spinners? Thanks!

Uh, that's the first prototype. Yes, spinners will spin

#167 4 years ago

Any thoughts on this? I think that's what I'm going with. Gonna be costly to order all 5 of them but I can already see mine are going bad.

SampleBonux (resized).jpgSampleBonux (resized).jpg
#168 4 years ago

I was thinking this for the "PIRATE" standup (to the left of the chest). I don't know what is more generic "Pirate" .. skull and crossbones way overused already and it's a narrow target. This strikes me as too "Jack" but I don't know what else to use.

Print_custom_stickers_-_StickerApp (resized).jpgPrint_custom_stickers_-_StickerApp (resized).jpg
#169 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

I was thinking this for the "PIRATE" standup (to the left of the chest). I don't know what is more generic "Pirate" .. skull and crossbones way overused already and it's a narrow target. This strikes me as too "Jack" but I don't know what else to use.[quoted image]

You’ll get my mum excited with that image!!

Too large for that small spot. Skull and crossbones or pirate hat or parrot? If you say pirate parrot pirate parrot 10 times it’s sort of similar!

#170 4 years ago

Crossed cutlasses or cutlass and flint lock. But I think the parrot would be fun.

#171 4 years ago

How about Davey Jones for the pirate target?

#172 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

How about Davey Jones for the pirate target?

Yeah, that could work. The issue I have with the characters is that they are already represented in various locations on the playfield for named shots, so this shot isn't related to a character. I think it has to be something more generic.

#173 4 years ago

Everyone please sit down. Hold on to something. Had an epic delivery today.

0614191525 (resized).jpg0614191525 (resized).jpg
#174 4 years ago

Everyone please sit down. Hold on to something. Had an epic delivery today.[quoted image]

Looks great Harry!

#176 4 years ago

Everyone please sit down. Hold on to something. Had an epic delivery today.[quoted image]

Awesome!!! Will they be painted same colour as top bars (plastic)?

#177 4 years ago
Quoted from RPZ:

Awesome!!! Will they be painted same colour as top bars (plastic)?

Yes, it will blend right in.

#178 4 years ago

Definitely interested!!!

#179 4 years ago

Both me and harry were surprised at how well it fit for a first prototype! Kudos to him for good dimensions for me to work with! Now just need to add the “glass” and the LEDs.

Once painted I think it will look excellent. I’m excited and I haven’t even seen or played POTC haha.

#180 4 years ago
Quoted from Geteos:

Both me and harry were surprised at how well it fit for a first prototype! Kudos to him for good dimensions for me to work with! Now just need to add the “glass” and the LEDs.
Once painted I think it will look excellent. I’m excited and I haven’t even seen or played POTC haha.

Excellent work. And great measuring Harry. Even covers up the metal bars on the side. Will look very piratey!

#181 4 years ago

Looks good. I'll be in for one, once they are for sale.

#183 4 years ago

I’m in too!

#184 4 years ago

Between this thread and the operational chest thread I will be adding even more to my pirates!

#185 4 years ago
Quoted from Genjuro:

Between this thread and the operational chest thread I will be adding even more to my pirates!

Operational chest thread, searched but could not find anything on this?

nm, found it.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpotc-treasure-chest-open-and-close

#186 4 years ago

Wasn't entirely happy with the color reproduction on the first sticker. I'm talking with the printer and I suggested they reprint it with the updated one here. If they do I'll offer both options for the same price so you can see them in person and pick.

First option
DoorFinal (resized).jpgDoorFinal (resized).jpg

Updated.. I did a bit more detail work on this one and tried to make the background match the ship color a bit more. Then again, I wonder why a black ship would have brown colored doors, but it also has brown colored wood planking, so who knows.
Door4 (resized).jpgDoor4 (resized).jpg

#187 4 years ago

Oh and two more of the stickers are on the way with the last 3 being produced right now. Should have them all within a week or so.

All tests of the stand-up filler piece seem great. I don't even think there are any adjustments needed. I've played with it on for several days. I am going to test lighting and some sort of window material next, then paint. I'll talk with Geteos on production time and such, but we should be ready to start rolling this out. Once we figure out costs and I get a painted prototype I'll post the store so everyone can start ordering.

#188 4 years ago

Oh and two more of the stickers are on the way with the last 3 being produced right now. Should have them all within a week or so.
All tests of the stand-up filler piece seem great. I don't even think there are any adjustments needed. I've played with it on for several days. I am going to test lighting and some sort of window material next, then paint. I'll talk with geteos on production time and such, but we should be ready to start rolling this out. Once we figure out costs and I get a painted prototype I'll post the store so everyone can start ordering.

The other door could look good. I must admit the first door looked a bit lost on the spinner. Thank you for all the effort you have put in this Harry. Great attention for detail.

#189 4 years ago

Some lighting tests. Anyone have suggestions for lighting colors and such? I am fairly happy with this flickering LED. I think it will be pretty plug and play.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/2yKedgfr9JY1ZVJa6

Right now that is some fancy paper in place of a window. Going to work on some more translucent options, need to hit up the crafts store.

#190 4 years ago

Painting test, down and dirty with a brush. Just wanted to see how the brown base worked with the top colors and it's actually a really good match. Will look better airbrushed and cleared.

0617191759 (resized).jpg0617191759 (resized).jpg
#191 4 years ago

I think the light is great. I was thinking a yellowish light to imitate lantern light. The flicker is spot on. Rather than the paper is some really whorlly semi translucent plastic viable to look like old glass. Could be really difficult to do. Paper may be the best option.

I notice the light is from the top so can easily attach to the bolts up the top. Good one.

Lastly paint looks great.

#192 4 years ago

Ya, flickering LED is a great gem.. used them on my WOZ. I am going to test some options on the paper, going to laminate or spray it with clear, etc. I will still look for some other options. I definitely think some old glass (sort of like the lanterns on the ship) would look cool. I asked Geteos about printing the glass.

#193 4 years ago

It’s trivky because you don’t want it to be too see through or you see the posts. Then again could something be stuck to the posts to make them look piratey or dress the posts up with a sleeve to look like wood. You could put signs on them. OR have a printed room art that sits in front of the posts so it looks like a cabin!! The flickering light would light up said cabin.

#194 4 years ago

There really isn't all that much room there. I need to test it with the light on the machine because I am fairly sure you'll see some shadows. But I think the "window" with the flickering light is what I am going to send out and people can choose to do what they want. Just need to decide on what the window material is going to be. I am trying to have it more clear/dark than white.

I have some plastic here for the galaxy starmap mod I am doing so I think I'll cut a piece of that and do some spray paint testing. Might be able to create something.

#195 4 years ago

There really isn't all that much room there. I need to test it with the light on the machine because I am fairly sure you'll see some shadows. But I think the "window" with the flickering light is what I am going to send out and people can choose to do what they want. Just need to decide on what the window material is going to be. I am trying to have it more clear/dark than white.
I have some plastic here for the galaxy starmap mod I am doing so I think I'll cut a piece of that and do some spray paint testing. Might be able to create something.

You’re right about before the posts. But a bit of card with printed cabin behind the posts but in front of the wires will be something easy I can add or any pinsider can add. This will hide the wires. The posts will just look like supports inside the cabin. Guess it all depends how transparent your glass is.

#196 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

You’re right about before the posts. But a bit of card with printed cabin behind the posts but in front of the wires will be something easy I can add or any pinsider can add. This will hide the wires. The posts will just look like supports inside the cabin. Guess it all depends how transparent your glass is.

Yup.. and ideally it will be replaceable so you can add anything you want there.

#197 4 years ago

Yup.. and ideally it will be replaceable so you can add anything you want there.

Could put a pirate in their undies! Or 2 pirates..... ahem!

#198 4 years ago

Here is a plastic test I did. Some spray paint and a piece of plastic. I think this could work well, I need to see if I have some blue in the shop but a combination of blue, black and gold probably makes a nice effect. This test is some gold on one part and then I flip it around and it's bronze with red sparkle mixed in.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/jKtEwQasHfzrHqgE8

#199 4 years ago

Here is a plastic test I did. Some spray paint and a piece of plastic. I think this could work well, I need to see if I have some blue in the shop but a combination of blue, black and gold probably makes a nice effect. This test is some gold on one part and then I flip it around and it's bronze with red sparkle mixed in.

I think that looks fantastic! Stop there Harry. You nailed it.

#200 4 years ago

Awesome work HH!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
There are 289 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpotc-black-pearl-center-spinner-stand-up-target-cover-/page/4?hl=pbman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.