0702191943a (resized).jpg
0702191943b (resized).jpg
0702191944 (resized).jpg
170CA9B1-FEAF-4479-9509-56A69001A877 (resized).jpeg
DecalsEnvelope (resized).jpg
Decals (resized).jpg
Door Decal2 (resized).jpg
29A0AAB7-635C-4408-95D3-6B29B1499A8B (resized).jpeg
There are 289 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.
#1 4 years ago

Now-Available (resized).pngNow-Available (resized).png

BLACK PEARL STAND-UP TARGET ILLUMINATED WINDOW (JERSEY JACK PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN)
https://pinballmods.co/Stand-up-illuminated-window-jjp-potc

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
https://pinballmods.co/black-pearl-install-instructions

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Enhance your Jersey Jack Pinball - Pirates of the Caribbean game with this cool window that is added to your Black Pearl right between the stand-up targets. This detailed 3D printed model is hand painted to match the rest of the Black Pearl. A historically accurate design which showcases a translucent window which is lit with a flickering LED behind it to simulate a candle or gas lamp. Easy plug and play installation for lighting and only a few nuts to put in place. Added benefit of this mod is that it protects the optical sensors (optos) for the two spinners, one of which can get bashed by the ball which coming up through the VUK. Use this to prevent broken optos.

Wiring is plug and play. The hardest part will be fishing the wires down through the ship, which can easily be done with a sturdy piece of wire or long kebob stick, etc.

The color of the light in the video below is yellow/amber. A white light will still have a bit of an amber hue to it as that is how the window "glass" is painted but will be much more "blueish white" than the one below.

Check out the spinner decals which pair nicely with this mod: https://pinballmods.co/black-pearl-spinner-decal-set-jersey-jack-pirates-of-the-caribbean

Or any of the POTC mods https://pinballmods.co/pirates-of-the-caribbean-jjp

------------------================= ///////////////////////// =================------------------

Centralized thread to track. I'll post more when I know more.
0604191746a (resized).jpg0604191746a (resized).jpg8eab2838642b0740cc1dc7033c566400f6af9977 (resized).jpg8eab2838642b0740cc1dc7033c566400f6af9977 (resized).jpg

#2 4 years ago

Suggestions - Make it a window or a door. Add flickering light behind it either connected to the lanterns on the ship or to existing 12v spots.

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Suggestions - Make it a window or a door. Add flickering light behind it either connected to the lanterns on the ship or to existing 12v spots.

I think windows. The spinners look like corridors on either side

#4 4 years ago

Yah, I don't think a door will "come through" as a visual. Not enough room.

#5 4 years ago

Looks great.

I’m interested in one for my game.

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from Mayboyz:

Looks great.
I’m interested in one for my game.

You gonna get soooo rich Harry!!!

#7 4 years ago

LOL.. no interest in making money on any of this stuff. Just stupid obsession with making my games "complete". You should see my RR WOZ now.. I don't think there are many more "tasteful" mods I can do. Pin blades are on the way, already did a bunch of custom lighting, stickers, have all the toys, colored rubbers.. volume control. It looks like it should have come from the factory heh

#8 4 years ago

Great job for trying this Harry! How about using one side of the windows from the pic I posted. Have horizontal boards running behind the two targets with the same type of window above each target. I would think a RGB light that flickers could be mounted behind it with a power cord running down the back and using a splitter off of one of the spots or backlight

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from Heater:

Great job for trying this Harry! How about using one side of the windows from the pic I posted. Have horizontal boards running behind the two targets with the same type of window above each target. I would think a RGB light that flickers could be mounted behind it with a power cord running down the back and using a splitter off of one of the spots or backlight

Building on yours and Harry’s awesome idea, what about the spinners? I’ve always looked at them as being out of place. I mean I know they’re colourful and they flash when hit, but I’ve always wondered how they represent raising the sails.

Could new decals be used to represent doors? Then they could fit with the window idea? They would still need to have that reflective quality for spinning.

Or decals which show pirates pushing at the spokes of a large horizontal wheel with the axle of the wheel being shown on your new piece with flickering windows behind?

Pretty dumb idea I guess. Just spit balling.

#10 4 years ago

Yes on the decals! I couldn't put my finger on what was still wrong. I was trying to conver them up with more structure but just making them fit in would do it. I'll see about getting them printed

#11 4 years ago

Yes on the decals! I couldn't put my finger on what was still wrong. I was trying to conver them up with more structure but just making them fit in would do it. I'll see about getting them printed

Do your magic Harry!

#12 4 years ago

Following...

#13 4 years ago

Man - look away a few hours and Harry’s still killing it - great job man!

#14 4 years ago

I really think planking and windows that light are the way to go, would seem like the captains quarters. No sure the door alone pops for me, maybe if it was possible to integrate a lantern or two it may look more fitting?

#15 4 years ago

Yes, I think we're going lit up window. 3d sample being produced shortly.

#16 4 years ago

Following!

#17 4 years ago

also following

#18 4 years ago

Considering printing stickers to go on the spinners to mesh with this cover. Maybe something like this, but it will probably be modified to fit the look of the plastic piece. Ignore the steering wheel.

Door-Example (resized).jpgDoor-Example (resized).jpgSpinner (resized).jpgSpinner (resized).jpg
#19 4 years ago

Arrrrrrr! Your on to something cool! Following

#20 4 years ago

Considering printing stickers to go on the spinners to mesh with this cover. Maybe something like this, but it will probably be modified to fit the look of the plastic piece. Ignore the steering wheel.[quoted image][quoted image]

It looks great... Just wondering if it looks a bit too modern with the porthole. Don't know if pirates had these. I'm being reaaaaallly picky here. And it definitely looks like a door.

Here is an image I found. Just make sure you have copyright!!

old-tall-ship-on-the-deck1 (resized).jpgold-tall-ship-on-the-deck1 (resized).jpg
#21 4 years ago

You could waste so much time searching, I think what you have is awesome.... Just go with it!

#22 4 years ago

Thanks, we're on to a better idea to match it with the center plastic. Updates soon.

#23 4 years ago

Couple more mod ideas that I think are possible.

The pearl has plastic windows on both sides that would look pretty cool if dimly lit.

Below the pirate flag up on the deck there is the exposed stainless ball guide, that could be dressed up.

This one is a bit ambitious but was thinking about the ship cannon lighting mod for the stern machine.

There are 14 fake cannon stickers on the dauntless, how about a small red led kit for those? Can be tied to the target switch or a flasher.

Just brainstorming! Lol

#24 4 years ago

Here is another idea for either the deck with flag or the plastic with ropes next to left flipper.

A miniature swivel gun(light up of course) that was used by Marty on the pearl. He happens to be on the pearl too!

E90454E6-7DA9-4D55-A972-85A51BED5EC5 (resized).pngE90454E6-7DA9-4D55-A972-85A51BED5EC5 (resized).png
#25 4 years ago

Ok, here is the sticker for the spinner. It's a door with lanterns on either side. The style of door matches the window that will be in the 3D center piece. Let me know if you see any issues or have any thoughts.

Door3Rounded (resized).jpgDoor3Rounded (resized).jpg
#26 4 years ago

Ok, here is the sticker for the spinner. It's a door with lanterns on either side. The style of door matches the window that will be in the 3D center piece. Let me know if you see any issues or have any thoughts.[quoted image]

Luuuuvvvvvvvv it. Got the wife’s approval to.

#27 4 years ago

Early prototype

F6BD2C76-8FDF-4BBE-B67D-7912B69874C2 (resized).jpegF6BD2C76-8FDF-4BBE-B67D-7912B69874C2 (resized).jpeg
#28 4 years ago

Early prototype[quoted image]

Ok so it matches the doors. Thought it might be a smaller window set higher up, but this is cool. Especially if it is to be fully lit!!

#29 4 years ago

Pic of it all installed? Wink wink!!!

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Pic of it all installed? Wink wink!!!

This is truly an international affair, waiting for it to make it across the border!

#31 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Ok so it matches the doors. Thought it might be a smaller window set higher up, but this is cool. Especially if it is to be fully lit!!

I could see the window being shortened. We'll see what it looks like once installed. Might only be able to light the top of it.

#32 4 years ago

#33 4 years ago

Wow - so fun watching the non-stop killing it! Happy belated Harry - impressive dude!

#34 4 years ago

The high windows are still a possibility. I’m helping harryhoudini with this project, but unfortunately I don’t have access to a POTC so it’s going to take a bit of back and forth to figure out what is going to be best. Once this makes it over to him we’ll have a better sense of where to go next.

Hopefully we can come up with something interesting!

#35 4 years ago

Nice work guys! This project is looking fantastic, to say the least!!

#36 4 years ago
Quoted from Geteos:

The high windows are still a possibility. I’m helping harryhoudini with this project, but unfortunately I don’t have access to a POTC so it’s going to take a bit of back and forth to figure out what is going to be best. Once this makes it over to him we’ll have a better sense of where to go next.
Hopefully we can come up with something interesting!

I think if you have higher up window, you need two windows. A truncated window that wide might look a bit weird and a smaller arched window higher up may not have as much impact. Up to you guys, I think what you have looks great! Just get Harry to drop his machine over, you’ll love it!!

#37 4 years ago

How about this sticker? The other one has me worried about resolution. I couldn't find those doors in a high quality image.

Untitled-1 (resized).jpgUntitled-1 (resized).jpg
#38 4 years ago

I'll probably print enough for 50 sets. It will be on a highly durable outdoor sticker material with a matte UV coating. I think that will make it look somewhat like the JJP original decals in the rest of the game.

#39 4 years ago

I'll probably print enough for 50 sets. It will be on a highly durable outdoor sticker material with a matte UV coating. I think that will make it look somewhat like the JJP original decals in the rest of the game.

Yep. Like the new doors and good idea about the sticker durability. It’s going to be hit a lot. Can you please put me down for a preorder for the whole kit. Very excited.

#40 4 years ago

I'll take a set

#41 4 years ago

In so in!

#42 4 years ago

I'll take a set

#44 4 years ago

I'm in as well for the set Please

#45 4 years ago

Sweet, stickers on order.

#46 4 years ago

I'll take a set

#47 4 years ago

I'll take 2 sets

#48 4 years ago

Eesh, maybe I should have ordered more I think I have enough for 40 sets.

#49 4 years ago

I’ll take a set.

#50 4 years ago

Sweet. I’m in for a set.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 38.00
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

24,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

There are 289 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpotc-black-pearl-center-spinner-stand-up-target-cover- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.