Topic Stats

• 2,339 posts
  • 135 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by vireland
  • Topic is favorited by 98 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 435 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

installed_final (resized).jpg
JJP_mobo_buttons_sml (resized).jpg
fix-dead-jjpotc-H110_mobo (resized).jpg
fix-dead-jjpotc (resized).jpg
IMG_1901.jpeg
Screen Shot 2019-11-30 at 6.52.53 PM.png
1B7C8008-D057-4BB4-8D38-23634CFEAB94 (resized).jpeg
reset motherboard (resized).jpg
jumpstart (resized).jpg
20191128_210803 (resized).jpg
moboreset (resized).jpg
IMG_20191128_194814971 (resized).jpg
B99E03FD-39F2-4491-8F13-8BA420927388 (resized).jpeg
09CE1A4E-ED6C-45ED-A548-DD8D9DCA6299 (resized).jpeg
E18935C3-8E26-4528-96E9-81005FB9532D (resized).jpeg
D803EF1F-0507-40D3-8E5C-1B7FA6FE24BA (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #306 Tip on removing the black pearl Posted by rs812 (7 months ago)

Post #501 More tips on removing black pearl mini playfield Posted by LTG (7 months ago)

Post #1776 Broken trunk mount bracket picture Posted by Soulrider911 (5 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zora.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1495 5 months ago

I have an issue with the start of the black pearl multiball. The ball is on the BP deck on the ship, spinners and lock button is finalized, the cannon load light is blinking. When fighting with the ball to get into the cannon, the cannon light goes out and the MB light on the main playfield starts blinking, without any cannon load or shot.

Any idea, what is going wrong here?

#1497 5 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

It sounds like the game thinks the ball left the Pearl, and possibly even thinks it hit the Dauntless.
In switch test are any switches reporting stuck closed? Or falsing if you bang on the play field?

I will check in the switch test. However, that would mean that the switches in the canon and in the Dauntless would be registering incorrectly, which does not seem to be probable.

#1504 5 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Good call, maybe it's as simple as that. Every time you skillshot the boat, it advances one step towards BPMB. Spinners, Load Cannon, and the shot itself.
However, the OP mentioned the load cannon arrow is lit, which it would not be if BPMB was qualified via skill shot.

Thanks for your thoughts. But in fact the cannon load arrow is flashing and then it disappears (while the ball is on the BP without getting into the cannon) and then the MB lights on the playfield (which means the pin thinks I have destroyed the Dauntless).

#1539 5 months ago

I can hardly close the lockdown bar. It is very tight. Is there a way to lock it more smoothly?

#1541 5 months ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Did this happen right out of the box?

Yes

1 week later
#1622 5 months ago
Quoted from Trooper11040:

Took off my ship to fix the map t nut and on the back lane, I see this sticking out. This can’t be good?
[quoted image]
Edit: disregard. Ball doesn’t touch it. Sorry

Why does the ball not touch it, is it at the bottom of the playfield? It looks like it is standing significantly into the ball movement.

#1633 5 months ago

The back rail keeps it from touching the actual t nut. Kinda odd but the shape of the ball works to the advantage of the rail lol

Quoted from zaphX:

Mine has the same protrusion and my orbits are smooth. If you roll a ball over it you'll see that the metal piece runs under the gap between the ball and rail when the ball is flush to the rail.[quoted image]

Thank you for your feedback. Good to know that no fix is needed. I already feared that I had to remove the BP. Keep that removal for the future.

#1635 5 months ago

Then hardest part of taking off the black pearl in my opinion is the VUK, and putting the wiring back in after you have it off lol. It was honestly a pretty easy process

That gives me hope, thank you

#1660 5 months ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

I’m struggling with this spotlight. It is either pushing up the launch ramp if too far to the right or trapping balls beside tortuga Tom. And it goes out all the time from the vibrations. I think I need to take launch ramp off and bend the angle plus maybe put some washers underneath.
This is the culprit. Anybody else had similar issues?[quoted image]

I have the ball traps as well.

2 months later
#2043 3 months ago

When powering the pin it sometimes (not often, but regurlarly) happens to me that the complete GI is out and not working. Switching off and starting again normally solves the issue, but does not explain the reason. Any experience in this regard?

#2048 3 months ago
Quoted from Slapfighter:

Exactly the same lighting problem here.
Switching off and on and all is ok. This happens not often but sometimes it does.
Also sometimes i have to switch off and on twice, before it's running normal.
I own a Pirates SE.

Ok, thanks for your feedback, seems we are in the same boat. I own a LE. Obviously no sever problem and if no single case, we can ignore it hopefully unless it happens more often.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 233.10
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 74.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zora.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside