8A79C258-2737-4892-A6D4-1D5066382A11 (resized).jpeg
D2C5269F-CC9C-4059-B008-7183A9656384 (resized).jpeg
19CB3A9A-2767-4CD7-AA0D-2EAC9D4E8C1B (resized).jpeg
AD9CE6FE-FBDD-40E0-A404-AF37E2A257CD (resized).jpeg
no light 2 (resized).jpg
no light (resized).jpg
IMG_20220709_120144 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

29 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2 INITIAL CHECK: Install 2 piece MAP Cliffy Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #4 INITIAL CHECK: Remove all shipping foam? Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #5 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Auto launch issue fix Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #7 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Chest rejecting most shots fix Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #12 TECH: SWITCHES. [Switch name] is not working Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #13 TECH: SWITCHES. Game reports stuck MAP targets Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #14 TECH: SWITCHES. Game reports stuck GOLD targets Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #35 INITIAL CHECK: Installing Mystery Hole Cliffy Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #47 TECH: RAMPS. Stop right ramp decal from tearing Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #100 TECH: TILT. Tilt is too active/sensitive Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider statsdoc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1527 4 years ago

I am running into a problem that looks similar to something covered, but I need advice. My plunger and auto-plunger don’t have enough velocity to make it around the top consistently. What I found was that the ball guide coming out of the shooter lane has a flat rather than rounded bottom where it attaches to the spotlight. The ball can literally rest on that cross beam when the playfield is partially raised. I am guessing that this is robbing the ball of speed regardless of how it is plunged. I am nervous just bending it to minimize the contact. I could some ideas on how to alter this.

Thank you

03AD85A2-45E4-4F55-87E1-0A5B60B32137 (resized).jpeg03AD85A2-45E4-4F55-87E1-0A5B60B32137 (resized).jpeg768B378A-553A-4720-B588-4056CB6E90F3 (resized).jpeg768B378A-553A-4720-B588-4056CB6E90F3 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#1620 4 years ago
Quoted from Trooper11040:

On another note I did fix this T nut issue!

Did you back it out from underneath or grind it in place?

#1646 4 years ago

Is the main fix for airballs off the X target to the left of the Black Pearl ramp to dial back the main flippers? I am getting it regularly.

#1647 4 years ago

I just wanted to add how grateful I am for the posters in this forum!

A special thanks to Vireland for all his effort in addressing questions and organizing the answers!!

3 weeks later
#1842 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Hammer escape is fixed with a double star post.

That hasn't fixed this completely for me. Would the next best option be to turn down the sling power?

#1845 4 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

I had the issue when I first got game (escaping slingshot) and when I replaced the rubbers. For me anyways seems like it happened when the rubber was new but after it got a bit of play it stopped. Now with new rubbers it happened again. Yelo fix should work too

Interesting. I never had this problem until I replaced the posts with star posts from JJP's replacement kit, which I think are thicker than the original posts. Might need to just try to stretch them out a bit.

2 weeks later
#1907 4 years ago

Removed a stupid question ...

5 months later
#2439 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

vireland
Point #3 ... "It may be making contact with a weld instead of riding only on the rail guides"
Here's a photo.
Where I have highlighted, there is a very noticeable bump or clunk as it passes over that horizontal bar.
But how to fix?

I had this same problem. Some pinsiders have ground that horizontal bar down. I asked for and got a replacement from JJP under warranty. It is an easy swap.

5 months later
#3052 3 years ago

I have a problem that may be easy for most of you, but I haven't dealt with it before. The right mini flipper on the ship powers up immediately when the game is powered on. It will go down when the power is cut, so it is not mechanical, and it is only that one flipper.

It started in the middle of a game, and then went back down after powering down and starting a new game. Now it immediately goes to the up position when power is supplied, so it appeared to get worse ... if that helps diagnose the problem. I have checked the wire connections going into the ship, and have checked the flipper button for problems and have found nothing. I could use some advice on where to start on diagnosing this.

Anybody have any thoughts? Thank you.

#3054 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

If it locks on at power up. Transistor on the I/O board is bad.
LTG : )

Hi Lloyd, Thank you for the help. That sounds expensive. I have had the pin since new for about a year. Do you have any idea what cost I am facing?

Thank you

#3056 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Not lloyd, but it's a dirt cheap part. Couple bucks and 10 minutes time.
If you pay someone to do it local to you, I'd think around $100, depending on where you are (can't tell, your profile is incognito) could be higher or lower.

Thank you for the help. I can make the swap without a problem, but diagnosing this was going to be tough given my skills.

I was assuming that JJP I/O board was going to be custom and expensive. I will look up the part in their manual, unless any of you have a link for a good replacement.

This site is amazing for help. Thank you again.

#3058 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

According to the manual the right Black Pearl Flipper power is Q406. The hold is Q405. It's probably the power one, but you should test both. The part is a IRL-540 Mosfet.
It's located in the area I've highlighted in green on the diagram of the I/O board from the manual (click to enlarge). This board is in the large rectangular case in the backbox.
[quoted image]

Thanks for the help. I was getting lost reading the schematics and went right past that board. I will read up on how to test the transistor and give it a go. I also just reread your comment and realized that soldering is required. That is not my forte'. I will see who I can find locally that does board soldering in Nashville.

7 months later
#3337 3 years ago

I desperately need help. After about 8 months of no action, I was finally able to get the mosfet replaced on the i/o board. I got everything connected, double-checked my connections ... and nothing. When I turn on the pin, i get a buzzing from power and I can see a number of red lights on the left of the i/o board, but that is it. Nothing else happens.

Being a relative idiot on electronics, I am not sure where to start. Any help would be much appreciated. I miss my POTC.

#3339 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Try jump starting the PC. I had the same symptoms and that brought it right back up.

I just wanted to say thank you! It sprung to life after following that procedure. If you are ever in Nashville area, beers are on me.

Thank you! My POTC is being played again after a long time being down ... we are so excited. Best game ever!

#3341 3 years ago

Lloyd should know too that I owe him more than a few beers. You are the best Lloyd!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Wanted
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider statsdoc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpirates-of-the-caribbean-troubleshooting-tips-issues?tu=statsdoc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.