8A79C258-2737-4892-A6D4-1D5066382A11 (resized).jpeg
D2C5269F-CC9C-4059-B008-7183A9656384 (resized).jpeg
19CB3A9A-2767-4CD7-AA0D-2EAC9D4E8C1B (resized).jpeg
AD9CE6FE-FBDD-40E0-A404-AF37E2A257CD (resized).jpeg
no light 2 (resized).jpg
no light (resized).jpg
IMG_20220709_120144 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

29 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2 INITIAL CHECK: Install 2 piece MAP Cliffy Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #4 INITIAL CHECK: Remove all shipping foam? Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #5 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Auto launch issue fix Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #7 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Chest rejecting most shots fix Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #12 TECH: SWITCHES. [Switch name] is not working Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #13 TECH: SWITCHES. Game reports stuck MAP targets Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #14 TECH: SWITCHES. Game reports stuck GOLD targets Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #35 INITIAL CHECK: Installing Mystery Hole Cliffy Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #47 TECH: RAMPS. Stop right ramp decal from tearing Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #100 TECH: TILT. Tilt is too active/sensitive Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider skipnatty.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1968 4 years ago
Quoted from JamCat:

I’m having major issues with the chest forks not retracting more than half way. I can’t find any other posts on it. Surely others are having this issue? The magnet does release the tabs but it seems to have a lot of friction holding the assembly at least half way up. It screeches when I push it back down manually. Is that assembly supposed to magnetize back down into the coil sleeve? Or is the weight of the assembly and gravity relied on to put it back down? If it’s supposed to magnetize back down then that is not working. There is some left to right play within the sleeve but I can’t see any adjustment that would make a difference. I might have to get JJP to help with this one. Just thought I’d see if anyone else had the issue.

I have had this same issue twice, the first time I was checking to see if things were binding and I ended up making some mechanical adjustments. After a while, the problem returned but at this time I just used a small amount of white lithium grease on the bushings in the tracks to help them move more freely and that has solved the issue for now. Pretty handy stuff.

4 weeks later
#2099 4 years ago

Apologies as I couldn't find this while searching so if it's here, I missed it....anyone have issues with the fork mech where it will raise just fine but after making a lock which should lower the forks, they stay up?

On my game, occasionally the latch will release as expected but the forks don't actually lower. When I check the mech out, it just seems there is a ton of friction in trying to move the forks down but not necessarily up...they aren't travelling too far up from what I can tell because in the lock position they travel just above the latch that locks them in place.

Appreciate any thoughts. Thanks again.

#2106 4 years ago

Unfortunately this behavior occurs with the forks either mounted on the playfield as they would be during game play or with the mech unmounted from the playfield and testing outside of game play with finger pressure moving the mech.

I'll check the alignment to see if there's something there as a first glance

#2109 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Lift playfield up and lean back. Are the screws/rollers on the sides on and tight ? Mech move freely up and down ? Centered in the slots in the playfield and not rubbing on one side. Fork mech at top of plunger - are the two screws on tight ?
LTG : )

I'll check all that as well, thanks LTG! Some I've checked recently, some not...will go thru the checklist.

#2110 4 years ago
Quoted from Skipnatty:

I'll check all that as well, thanks LTG! Some I've checked recently, some not...will go thru the checklist.

All things check out except mech doesn't really move freely up and down, it's a bit choppy in its movement if I move it by hand. Screws are all there and tight.

Is there an idea around how far under the playfield the forks should be sitting while in the down position so as to calibrate how far up they throw when activated? There's essentially a "point of no return" where if I push the forks up too high, releasing the clasp does nothing and they don't fall to their home position.

#2112 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

As HH pointed out you may need to do some careful bending to the forks so they are centered on the slots. You know you are there when they do not hit the sides and it moves freely. Until that happens it will never work perfectly.

Sounds good, I didn't really interpret that in that manner so I appreciate the added context.

2 weeks later
#2183 4 years ago

whoops, wrong thread...ignore lol

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

29,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider skipnatty.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpirates-of-the-caribbean-troubleshooting-tips-issues?tu=skipnatty and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.