8A79C258-2737-4892-A6D4-1D5066382A11 (resized).jpeg
D2C5269F-CC9C-4059-B008-7183A9656384 (resized).jpeg
19CB3A9A-2767-4CD7-AA0D-2EAC9D4E8C1B (resized).jpeg
AD9CE6FE-FBDD-40E0-A404-AF37E2A257CD (resized).jpeg
no light 2 (resized).jpg
no light (resized).jpg
IMG_20220709_120144 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

29 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2 INITIAL CHECK: Install 2 piece MAP Cliffy Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #4 INITIAL CHECK: Remove all shipping foam? Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #5 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Auto launch issue fix Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #7 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Chest rejecting most shots fix Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #12 TECH: SWITCHES. [Switch name] is not working Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #13 TECH: SWITCHES. Game reports stuck MAP targets Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #14 TECH: SWITCHES. Game reports stuck GOLD targets Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #35 INITIAL CHECK: Installing Mystery Hole Cliffy Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #47 TECH: RAMPS. Stop right ramp decal from tearing Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #100 TECH: TILT. Tilt is too active/sensitive Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider schabs81.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#97 5 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Wow... yea
Alright.
I'm going to bed..
What a loooooooooong night..
I guess this is just another thing I'm going to need eventually anyways .. On a plus, pretty sure vireland helped me understand why my left flipper wasn't working. Loose roll pin...when I went to loosen the nut for the flipper the whole pawl assembly or w/e came apart. Seeing how impossible it is to get one of these things through, I for the life of me don't understand how this happened in the first place.
I scratched this thing to hell with pliers or various other failed techniques.
Anyway, learned some more stuff for sure.
One day closer to playing again... hopefully!
Wow...

Who is your distributor ? Maybe have a conversation with them prolly get new parts

#150 5 years ago

After a successful canon shot is shaker motor suppose to engage ?

#163 5 years ago

I know mines not leaving anytime soon

#217 5 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

vireland
So I'm a little torn...but maybe not really.
The consensus seems to be in the "main" fan POTC thread to reach out to JJP and get a replacement flipper assembly and keep the other as a spare once I get it fixed.
Two issues:
1) I still have to remove the part where the spring is still under the BP.
2) More importantly, how LONG is that going to take to get a replacement?
Sure.. I can definitely let JJP Support know or w/e, but I think I just want to fix what I have anyways because I really don't want to wait.
I know... less typing and more fixing, but i just haven't had a lot of time lately and this isn't the "easiest" stuff to just do whenever.

You would have had the part already when I asked last week if you contacted your distributor

1 week later
#666 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Okay wow..
I was tightening my left flipper (main) and I actually managed to break the screw...
FORTUNATELY... I have a few spare parts due to my BP scenario. And it looks like they are the same size so yay.
The two metal pieces in the middle are touching. I know they shouldn’t be, but not exactly sure how to fix.
Perhaps easier to use a new assembly entirely?
That JJP video that’s about 20 mins long talks about this and I’ll watch it if needed, but figured I would throw it in here as well.[quoted image]

I understand your new but seems like your creating alot of your own problems here. Maybe just take a step back evaluate the situation here

1 week later
#774 4 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

Going to finally do update since the last one was released. Will i need to do all the ones before or can I just do the one that was just released?

If you have .98 I believe you can just do .99 delta

#923 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I tried searching, but not getting good results. Can someone please point me to the install instructions for the cliffys? Looks like the pop bumper has to come out for the mystery hole and the ship out for the map hole. Have two smaller cliffys, not sure where they go.
Thx
[quoted image]

Bottom one is for the depths just snaps on from what I'm told still havent done mine other one is the second piece of the maphole cliffy gos in the back where screws go in

#953 4 years ago

Behind the coin box in that area

#1072 4 years ago

So noticed my map cliffy is raised any ideas on fixing with out removing BP again ?

20190516_141445 (resized).jpg20190516_141445 (resized).jpg
#1076 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Did you wipe the playfield well with the activator and let it dry before installing?
If you did and it's still doing that, you may have tightened the connectors too hard at the back which tweaks the thin metal.

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Has the adhesive on the Cliffy been removed and was that area of the playfield cleaned before hand with the supply alcohol wipe? That can impact how well it adheres.
Also, theres a post and another bracket (the map 2 Cliffy I believe) towards the back right of your picture that the Cliffy goes under. I believe theCliffy needs to be sitting flush on the wood and then the other two pieces go over it.

Yes I cleaned area very well did install both map pieces layed flat for a couple weeks now just noticed rejects to map hole so was looking and seen this.

#1176 4 years ago

Those for the inlanes where balls drop?

1 month later
#1605 4 years ago

I just changed my balls out after about 400 plays looked pretty rough might have to address that tnut in map hole as well

#1612 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

There is a lot of hysteria on here about the map hole nut. I personally would not mess with it, risking messing up a 10k game over a 50 cent ball.
I also don’t recommend changing any coil power from default (including the Pearl VUK) -unless- you discover a problem during gameplay.
Having set up 3 of these things, these are the things I found need checking OOTB:
1. Adjust the Pearl ramp adjustment screw until the ball rolls off the top to the right. Stuck balls here are common until you do this. Do not over tighten.
2. Confirm the shooter is working cleanly and does not catch against the autoplunger. See index for fixes if so.
3. Go into switch test and hit all the switches, confirm none are stuck closed and none fail to fire when hit.
4. Run the ship test and confirm the Pearl runs freely without topping/bottoming the slot and gets down to a single digit score as its lowest value. See index for fixes if it’s not.
5. Clean the playfield (sometimes there’s a little shop dust.)
All this will take about 10 minutes. At this point just play and enjoy your new machine!
IF you run into issues, check the index on this thread for help.
I do not recommend reading every single item and worrying if you have the fault or not.
I also recommend two preventative maintenance items but you should NOT feel compelled to avoid playing on day one.
I didn’t do these items for months after unboxing.
1. Plastic wire loom on the wire behind the Dauntless (it can rub and cut)
2. Plastic wire loom on the wire under the Pearl (it can rub and cause a short)

Sorry for how bad my pinballs were nicked up need to eliminate that or I will ruin my playfield

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 38.00
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

29,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider schabs81.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpirates-of-the-caribbean-troubleshooting-tips-issues?tu=schabs81 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.