Topic Stats

• 2,346 posts
  • 135 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by vireland
  • Topic is favorited by 98 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 435 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Install_Picture_Kicktap (resized).jpg
JJP_mobo_buttons_sml (resized).jpg
fix-dead-jjpotc-H110_mobo (resized).jpg
fix-dead-jjpotc (resized).jpg
IMG_1901.jpeg
Screen Shot 2019-11-30 at 6.52.53 PM.png
1B7C8008-D057-4BB4-8D38-23634CFEAB94 (resized).jpeg
reset motherboard (resized).jpg
jumpstart (resized).jpg
20191128_210803 (resized).jpg
moboreset (resized).jpg
IMG_20191128_194814971 (resized).jpg
B99E03FD-39F2-4491-8F13-8BA420927388 (resized).jpeg
09CE1A4E-ED6C-45ED-A548-DD8D9DCA6299 (resized).jpeg
E18935C3-8E26-4528-96E9-81005FB9532D (resized).jpeg
D803EF1F-0507-40D3-8E5C-1B7FA6FE24BA (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #306 Tip on removing the black pearl Posted by rs812 (7 months ago)

Post #501 More tips on removing black pearl mini playfield Posted by LTG (7 months ago)

Post #1776 Broken trunk mount bracket picture Posted by Soulrider911 (5 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballomatic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#176 7 months ago

You can move the entire receiver up or down too - I think I’m way too late with advice on this one but there’s lots of things to adjust if needed

#179 7 months ago

You can raise or lower the entire receiver assembly which would help with getting the lockbar on over the glass if needed

#180 7 months ago

Remove the 1/4 inch shipping screws on either corner they are just for shipping to hold extra tight

#183 7 months ago

Yes. You don’t need them once the game is in place.

#184 7 months ago
DD41A37F-0F4E-4841-A8B1-CFB0AFE76223 (resized).jpeg
#187 7 months ago

They’re in the bottom left and right corners and unlike the foam behind the field, you do not have to remove them

#191 7 months ago

True. I must attend to that instead of just playing the game. I’m hooked on it.

#205 7 months ago

On Wonka they switched to magnetic latches instead of the clips.

#208 7 months ago

To keep the monitor clicked into place in the backbox

#315 7 months ago

Other than the long start up delay, absolutely normal.

1 week later
#687 7 months ago

Different sound board in Pirates. All other JJP games use the same sound board not Pirates.

1 week later
1 week later
#1092 6 months ago

If you’re in Australia reach out to the distributor there and see if they have one in stock. That way you will get it sooner.

1 week later
#1279 6 months ago

Suggestion - tests switch test matrix switch test then look at the grid while you tap on the Pearl near the flippers - create a little vibration and see what triggers. Spinner opto it could be or something else up there.

#1282 6 months ago
Quoted from epotech:

Had the left flipper on the pearl lock on, is this a TIP102?

IRL 540 - good robust transistor akin to the TIP122 but can handle more amps more often.

#1292 6 months ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

I did not find a reported problem or a fix for this: for some reason I am able to remove my backglass even though it should be locked. Anybody with a similar problem and what is the fix for this? Thanks for any info!

Look at the backbox lock to see if the keeper either fell off or is turned the wrong direction.

#1293 6 months ago
Quoted from Blind_Willie:

I’ve had my SE almost a week and am loving it.
When I first turn on the machine (at times), all the PF insert lights are off (only GI is on), and this continues when I start a new game. I then restart the machine and everything is fine. Any thoughts on what might be causing this?

BAG board mounted under the playfield controls all of the lighting more or less. There is a mini USB connector on that board which can come loose or get misaligned in its socket. It's the only mini-USB under the field and usually has a factory tie-wrap on it to hold it in place. Examine and re-seat or straighten if needed. The other end of that USB cable plugs into the "bottom" of the motherboard below the metal box behind the monitor (with the security dongle and the VGA and everything else). Unseat and re-seat the USBs there with game power off. Don't move them to other ports, just unplug and replug.

#1370 6 months ago

There is one screw under the disc decal right in the center that holds the disc to the shaft. If that is not quite tight down the disc could be wobbly just a little.

#1376 6 months ago
Quoted from kcZ:

I had a hard time updating to .99. the only way I got it to recognize the USB stick was to plug it directly into to box in the backbox, I followed the USB cable from the coin box to the backbox so that I used the same port and bam, it worked.
Is there a chance that I have a bad USB extender?

Yes it's possible. You can ask for another from JJP or just grab one somewhere. Its 10 feet long.

#1453 6 months ago

The LEDs under there need to be pointed straight up the channel at the lantern. The lantern is just a decoration above it. If the LED is angled a bit below the decoration the light will be dimmer than it otherwise could be.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Flagstaff, AZ
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester Township, NJ
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 239.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballomatic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside