8A79C258-2737-4892-A6D4-1D5066382A11 (resized).jpeg
D2C5269F-CC9C-4059-B008-7183A9656384 (resized).jpeg
19CB3A9A-2767-4CD7-AA0D-2EAC9D4E8C1B (resized).jpeg
AD9CE6FE-FBDD-40E0-A404-AF37E2A257CD (resized).jpeg
no light 2 (resized).jpg
no light (resized).jpg
IMG_20220709_120144 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

29 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2 INITIAL CHECK: Install 2 piece MAP Cliffy Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #4 INITIAL CHECK: Remove all shipping foam? Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #5 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Auto launch issue fix Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #7 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Chest rejecting most shots fix Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #12 TECH: SWITCHES. [Switch name] is not working Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #13 TECH: SWITCHES. Game reports stuck MAP targets Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #14 TECH: SWITCHES. Game reports stuck GOLD targets Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #35 INITIAL CHECK: Installing Mystery Hole Cliffy Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #47 TECH: RAMPS. Stop right ramp decal from tearing Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #100 TECH: TILT. Tilt is too active/sensitive Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider paynemic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1951 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The pirate hat and patch seems to be reliant on the shape of the face in the picture. I've NEVER got it with my rounder face, but people angular faces and faces with chin down a bit seem to get them more frequently.

I finally got one by really leaning in towards the camera while finishing my initials.

1 month later
#2172 4 years ago
Quoted from MurphyPeoples:

Okay I started having trouble in two areas - 100 plays into ownership and need a guiding hand...
1. Balls draining down the middle aren't registering once they enter the ball trough. I'm going to check level on the playfield tomorrow and insure left to right is good. Do I need to clean an opto as well? The problem is intermittent, and shaking the game to the point of tilt helps the opto trough identify the ball.
2. The Chest will not release captured balls all of a sudden. Was working great, but now won't release. If my ball in play drains, the magnetic switch will click on and off trying to get the balls out. Can someone point me to the pictures of where we are supposed to lightly bend back the metal tab holding the balls? I'll also check to make sure the Magnet is fully engaging the release mech too. I really feel that this Chest issue should be a sticky in post number 1. Can't find it in the thread.... but I know it's there. Many on the "fan" thread though?
Thanks so much in advance!
Murph

Definitely try those two things. Does it not read ever? My end of ball sequence takes a surprisingly long time to get going. Feels like it’s not registering the drain, then after a couple seconds, it does.

2. My left/right leveling fixed this one. It was flaky when i first got it. Then i leveled it and the problem went away. No bending required but mine was already dialed in with a previous owner, so I can’t say that he hadn’t already bent the tab.

#2175 4 years ago

My end of ball sequence takes a surprisingly long time to get going. Feels like it’s not registering the drain, then after a couple seconds, it does. Is this normal?

4 months later
#2600 4 years ago

So is there a definitive solution to the screws coming out of the fork mechanism and losing the little sliders and spacers? I definitely have that problem and am wondering if loctite is the answer or if something else needs to happen. I searched but only got fragments.

Thanks in advance.

#2612 4 years ago
Quoted from MurphyPeoples:

Do you mean this?
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpirates-of-the-caribbean-troubleshooting-tips-issues/page/50#post-5408488
If so, JJP sent me the missing parts gratis, I only paid shipping. Just a tiny amount of blue loctite after re-installing has solved the problem for me. I'm keeping an eye on them. It's a beast to get the flat plastic washer in place while threading everything properly. Thus I'd recommend everyone to take a look at this area to make sure you don't have screws backing out.
Murph

Exactly. I’ll be putting loctite in ASAP. Thanks. I have a ticket in with JJP for replacement parts.

5 months later
#3166 3 years ago

Hi pirates!

I came home from a trip and my potc won’t boot. First I noticed that half (top half) of my fuse LEDs weren’t lit. Then on later boot attempts they were. Now they’re back off again. Anyway, I tried the manual boot jumper and then the clear cmos jumper. The manual boot did make the cpu fan twitch, but that’s the most life I have. Very dead. I read through a lot of posts on the boot topic, but I’m not sure what to look at next.

Also, could someone double check my placement of the 12v connector from the power supply. It can go on either set of pins so I got confused.

D26CD690-134D-49FD-B990-060514A2F6BE (resized).jpegD26CD690-134D-49FD-B990-060514A2F6BE (resized).jpeg12377B7F-8F26-468C-A67C-5C772763ECC8 (resized).jpeg12377B7F-8F26-468C-A67C-5C772763ECC8 (resized).jpeg1502CDCB-97F5-46E2-95B8-D911B686CB2A (resized).jpeg1502CDCB-97F5-46E2-95B8-D911B686CB2A (resized).jpeg
#3167 3 years ago

All of those fuses tested good btw (I put my dmm on continuity and they all made the screech sound—is that the right way to test?). I also tested the two fuses on the far right of that board (the ones like in my car with the number 1 printed on them)

#3169 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

The fuses on the top half of the board will be lit or not depending on whether or not you have the coin door closed or top interlock switch pulled out.

Yep. You nailed that. Thanks!

So same boot problem. All the LEDs are on now though.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#3172 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

There’s a video on the JJP site under support about jump starting the cpu - did you watch that and try that?

Thanks for the suggestion. I did try it and just changed the button cell battery and tried again. When I try the jumpstart I do get a brief flicker of light and fan moving. But nothing else. Also cleared cmos and tried again. Same. Starting to wonder if I have a power supply problem or a mobo gone bad? Those both seem unlikely though.

#3173 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I believe he did.
I'd try again, and power to power supply. Be sure it's plugged in tight.
LTG : )

What did you mean by this LTG? is there a connector that could come loose enough to not boot but still have power to that board with all the LEDs?

Thanks as usual for your help.

#3176 3 years ago

Ok. I’ll check every connection today.

I don’t think I mentioned that the monitor has no power either. Not sure if that helps. I haven’t traced where it gets it’s power from, but it look like it comes out of the cabinet (maybe the transformer?)

#3178 3 years ago

Ok. Monitor power is definitely from the computer power supply. I think I have it narrowed down to a bad pc power supply. I had a spare laying around and Frankensteined it in. It booted. Swapped everything back, hoping I had just reseated a connector better. Wouldn’t boot. Same symptoms.

So, I’m going to take on the laborious task of swapping them out and recabling it all in...and pray...

#3179 3 years ago

Definitely turned out to be a failed power supply. Hopefully nothing more than that. What a pain in the butt to put the new one in.

Two reboots and a couple good games and still flipping.

#3181 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I’m glad it was a relatively easy fix! My PS went on that game too - I got random reboots rather than a failure to boot. Corsair had a bad batch apparently, probably related to that capacitor fiasco that continues to plague electronics.

I’m curious if you took the whole cpu box out to replace the ps? I didn’t because it looked like a mess. But getting the screws in to mount the ps in that narrow sliver of space was a nightmare. Literally 15 minutes of yoga to put in two screws.

#3185 3 years ago
Quoted from Maurice:

Can you please provide a link to a decent power supply replacement? Seems like a good idea to have it in stock or replace it already to prevent a shutdown sooner or later.

I had mine laying around from tearing down a pc. Can’t remember the brand but it wasn’t Corsair

7 months later
#3359 3 years ago

Hi all, just wanted to post about something I’m pretty proud to have thought of. I saw the bag end gate mod in hobbit and it made me think about the sdtm from the star map (mode select) shot. So, if you ever get cheap drains when the post drops, check this mod out. It’s been 100% for me and a friend so far. Of course nothing will be, but it’s much improved!!
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1305-trumpanche-mods/04977-gate-at-world-s-end-mod-for-jjp-potc

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

29,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider paynemic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpirates-of-the-caribbean-troubleshooting-tips-issues?tu=paynemic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.