Before I get into the tech stuff just want to say I'm having a great time playing this one, loving all the variety of the modes and the interesting shots, well done to Keefer, Eric, David and team!
Got my LE (#1018 built 4/29) setup this weekend, definitely my most problematic NIB unboxing, I guess I've gotten lucky in the past. Thanks to everyone who posts the fixes! I was able to use several...
The stuff that had to be fixed/tweaked:
- Auto launch wasn't working consistently, about 80% of the time it failed to launch over the hump. FIX: Added the washers to remove launch bracket slop.
- Ball gets stuck on BP ramp. BP was a full half-inch below the ramp. FIX: Pulled BP forward a bit, which raised it, this helped some. Had to remove crush washer completely to get it where it now rarely get's stuck.
- No washer under the outlane/shooter lane metal rail. Rail dug into playfield and damaged the art underneath. FIX: Added a washer.
- Monitor sag/ damaged back glass, right side was hanging down about a half inch, could see lots of foam pads mounted on the monitor through the glass. Monitor scratched the back glass in shipping I assume? FIX: Reset mounting hardware. Still sags a bit but I'll live with it for now.
- Black Pearl VUK failing to put the ball on the ship about 80% of the time. FIX: Increased VUK power (to 24 from 14).
- Sling posts show severe bubbling, no supplementary washers installed from factory. FIX: None at this time, waiting on JJP fix.
The good news:
- Trunk works 100%, locks balls when it should, no bounce outs.
- Shots to Tortuga stick, and the kickout sends to the flipper
- Black Pearl rocking works fine, shots from the cannon are lined up properly w/ Dauntless
- Disk is noisy but no more so than the discs were on my X-Men, will live with this for now