8A79C258-2737-4892-A6D4-1D5066382A11 (resized).jpeg
D2C5269F-CC9C-4059-B008-7183A9656384 (resized).jpeg
19CB3A9A-2767-4CD7-AA0D-2EAC9D4E8C1B (resized).jpeg
AD9CE6FE-FBDD-40E0-A404-AF37E2A257CD (resized).jpeg
no light 2 (resized).jpg
no light (resized).jpg
IMG_20220709_120144 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

29 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2 INITIAL CHECK: Install 2 piece MAP Cliffy Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #4 INITIAL CHECK: Remove all shipping foam? Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #5 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Auto launch issue fix Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #7 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Chest rejecting most shots fix Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #12 TECH: SWITCHES. [Switch name] is not working Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #13 TECH: SWITCHES. Game reports stuck MAP targets Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #14 TECH: SWITCHES. Game reports stuck GOLD targets Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #35 INITIAL CHECK: Installing Mystery Hole Cliffy Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #47 TECH: RAMPS. Stop right ramp decal from tearing Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #100 TECH: TILT. Tilt is too active/sensitive Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jamcat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#993 4 years ago

Does anyone know if it's possible to install the starmap on an SE? Or is the SE missing the connectors and other essential hardware for it? I've been trying to get an LE or CE and just can't get my hands on one to save my life. As soon as one is listed it's sold in minutes. I've got all of the instant alerts setup, but still miss out every time. I was thinking of buying an SE and trying to upgrade it as an alternative. What else is missing off the SE besides startmap, powder coat topper, shaker and invisiglass?

#997 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Fairly sure you can't add the starmap

Yeah, it sounds like there is more missing than I thought. I really would need the headphone jack too. I'll just have to be patient and keep trying. Eventually I'll get one.

1 week later
#1194 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

The default value is in green. Friend had a CE with VUK problems there and it was shipped well below default. Default fixed it.
I -think- the default is actually 32 but don't quote me.

Mine works fine on 20.

#1262 4 years ago

My cannon doesn’t line up with the dauntless at all. It always hits the back side and will never go in. Which is misaligned?the dauntless or the cannon? Which is easier to adjust?

2 months later
#1965 4 years ago

I’m having major issues with the chest forks not retracting more than half way. I can’t find any other posts on it. Surely others are having this issue? The magnet does release the tabs but it seems to have a lot of friction holding the assembly at least half way up. It screeches when I push it back down manually. Is that assembly supposed to magnetize back down into the coil sleeve? Or is the weight of the assembly and gravity relied on to put it back down? If it’s supposed to magnetize back down then that is not working. There is some left to right play within the sleeve but I can’t see any adjustment that would make a difference. I might have to get JJP to help with this one. Just thought I’d see if anyone else had the issue.

#1966 4 years ago
Quoted from JamCat:

I’m having major issues with the chest forks not retracting more than half way. I can’t find any other posts on it. Surely others are having this issue? The magnet does release the tabs but it seems to have a lot of friction holding the assembly at least half way up. It screeches when I push it back down manually. Is that assembly supposed to magnetize back down into the coil sleeve? Or is the weight of the assembly and gravity relied on to put it back down? If it’s supposed to magnetize back down then that is not working. There is some left to right play within the sleeve but I can’t see any adjustment that would make a difference. I might have to get JJP to help with this one. Just thought I’d see if anyone else had the issue.

I managed to make it a little better at least but it’s not 100%. Apparently there is a single loop tab in the center of the pressure plate that governs how far out it can go. It had gotten bent out over time allowing the plate to put too much pressure on the fork assembly. So when the tabs were released the plate was still wedging the whole assembly so it couldn’t slide on the track easily. It still stays up a little, but the next shot pushes it down now so at least it’s functional. I’ll have to tinker more later to get it working perfectly.

5 months later
#2570 4 years ago

I really would like to see a mod that converts the spinning disc assembly into a direct drive, rather than that noisy gear that is prone to break. I have the silencer kit on mine, but it still isn’t that quiet and the gear already broke once. Why didn’t they just mount a vertical motor with the disc on top in the first place? No gear, no noise, less to break.

1 month later
#2748 4 years ago

I still want someone to develop a direct drive spinning disc assembly, without the stupid noisy gear setup. Even with the silencer kit, it’s loud and I keep having to adjust the gear because the set screws back out.

2 weeks later
#2859 4 years ago

HAAAALP. My POTC was just sitting idle and I heard the speakers blip and it powered off by itself. Just blips for half a second and stays dark when power cycling it. Any ideas where to start?

#2860 4 years ago

Board in the back box has all red lights on by several of the fuses. Maybe one in the circuit is blown. I’ll have to do some research.

863AD071-7DD7-45AE-8F3A-280C616CCDF3 (resized).jpeg863AD071-7DD7-45AE-8F3A-280C616CCDF3 (resized).jpeg
#2865 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Pull out the high power interlock switch on the coin door to get more to light up.

This.
LTG : )

They all lit up after I power cycled again without disconnecting the switch. I’m tracing power now

#2866 4 years ago

Thanks for the suggestions. I can’t even jump cpu the board. I think the power supply is shot in the PC. power is going to the supply but the green wire is not getting power to the board. It’s still under warranty, so I’ll let JJP send me a new one if they agree with my diagnosis.

#2870 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

My first thought was power supply. My pirates was rebooting randomly and got progressively worse. Changed the supply for a new one from Best Buy, now it's perfect.

Yes, it was the power supply. My dad had one he let me borrow to test and it fired right up. I told JJP so hopefully they will still send me one as it is still under warranty. Mine did reboot during game play two weeks ago as well. It was probably ready to go then.

#2872 4 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Is it difficult to swap power supplies?

It doesn't seem too bad. I haven't installed the new one yet. I just bypassed the old one to test. Looks like i'll need a socket set to the get small bolts out of the old power supply on the side of the box. Other than that it's just a few connectors. No worse than replacing one in a PC.

3 weeks later
#2954 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

The washer on the minipost next to tortuga seems to be destroying my balls. Think I need to replace with a rubber one or dremmel it. [quoted image]

Not only that, but that post keeps coming unscrewed on mine and affecting kick outs. I don’t have a tool that can really get in there to screw it in tight enough either. It’s like the wire forms and pop bumpers were placed just for the purpose of making that post harder to tighten. Sockets aren’t deep enough and the handle of pliers hits the things around it. So frustrating.

1 week later
#2984 3 years ago

Just thought I would throw this fix out there in case anyone else has the same issue. I’ve been fighting the issue of my chest forks not lowering all the way and causing rejected shots at the Pass-Through and also the forks sometimes not locking in the upright position if I light the lock during multiball. I tried all sorts of advice I got on here such as adjusting the rollers, pressure plate, hooks, using lithium grease etc. They helped a bit but still didn’t fix it completely.

I finally took the entire assembly off (with some help from the cat) and sat at the table with it. I took it apart and found that the roll pin had partially come out of the plunger shaft and was catching on the coil sleeve! As soon as I hammered that back in and undid all of the other Jerry rigging I had done over the last few months, it works even better than new. Hopefully no one else will have to struggle as long as I did with this one.

5EBAA649-EB8D-4D20-93FA-5CC611AADB72 (resized).jpeg5EBAA649-EB8D-4D20-93FA-5CC611AADB72 (resized).jpegABB3FE66-E517-48D0-A6A9-0AE449C236C7 (resized).jpegABB3FE66-E517-48D0-A6A9-0AE449C236C7 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#3072 3 years ago

Is there any kind of adjustment that can be made to the chapter select magnet? when the ball sits to the left of the post I get a SDTM about 75% of the time. The only way to avoid it some of the time is to shake the machine right as it is about to release, but even that doesn’t always stop it. I end up with a slap save into the 3x target and still drain. It didn’t used to do that. Something has changed.

#3074 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Wear on the rubber or slop on the post. Some people have changed the rubber or doubled up with some success.

Actually it started happing more after I changed the rubber on the left side, hmmmm. I forgot I changed it. I put a titan rubber on it because the factory one was wearing through but it wasn’t screwing me over. I might have to try a different rubber again.

#3076 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Titans aren't rubber, but didn't jjPotC come from the factory with Titans or Titan knockoffs?
You could also try thickening the post with a thin sleeve, then putting the rubber over that, which would extend the rubber out probably 3/8" or so.

I think your idea of thickening the post might be best. I’ll give that a shot soon.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

24,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jamcat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpirates-of-the-caribbean-troubleshooting-tips-issues?tu=jamcat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.