8A79C258-2737-4892-A6D4-1D5066382A11 (resized).jpeg
D2C5269F-CC9C-4059-B008-7183A9656384 (resized).jpeg
19CB3A9A-2767-4CD7-AA0D-2EAC9D4E8C1B (resized).jpeg
AD9CE6FE-FBDD-40E0-A404-AF37E2A257CD (resized).jpeg
no light 2 (resized).jpg
no light (resized).jpg
IMG_20220709_120144 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

29 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2 INITIAL CHECK: Install 2 piece MAP Cliffy Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #4 INITIAL CHECK: Remove all shipping foam? Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #5 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Auto launch issue fix Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #7 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Chest rejecting most shots fix Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #12 TECH: SWITCHES. [Switch name] is not working Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #13 TECH: SWITCHES. Game reports stuck MAP targets Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #14 TECH: SWITCHES. Game reports stuck GOLD targets Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #35 INITIAL CHECK: Installing Mystery Hole Cliffy Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #47 TECH: RAMPS. Stop right ramp decal from tearing Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #100 TECH: TILT. Tilt is too active/sensitive Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider indypinhead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1078 4 years ago

I have a LOT of reading to catch up on in this thread. My LE arrived today.

DSC_4330 (resized).JPGDSC_4330 (resized).JPG
#1114 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Anyone have an issue with this washer on their shooter lane? I did a cleaning yesterday and for the first time noticed this washer sits on the wireform and is pretty chewed up from balls launching. My wires & launcher have always been straight so I'm thinking this is likely the reason auto launches have sometimes lost momentum and not made it out to the playfield. I think they're hitting this washer, hopping up & hitting the top of the wireform, and then stalling. I'm thinking about just removing the washer now. [quoted image]

I just recived my POTC LE 2 days ago. My machine doesn't have that washer.

#1130 4 years ago

just an FYI for those people just receiving their machines.

Make sure the socket head cap screws are tight on your flipper coil stops. After about 20 games, my lower left flipper quit returning to its' neutral position. I raised the playfield to find that both of the screws had fallen out of the assembly. Went to check the others....yep, every single one of them was loose.

#1131 4 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

just an FYI for those people just receiving their machines.
Make sure the socket head cap screws are tight on your flipper coil stops. After about 20 games, my lower left flipper quit returning to its' neutral position. I raised the playfield to find that both of the screws had fallen out of the assembly. Went to check the others....yep, every single one of them was loose.

#1137 4 years ago

I just realized that my chest ball lock isn't working at all.

Any pointers?

#1141 4 years ago

Update....

I removed the fork assembly from under the playfield. One of the plastic barrels was missing. I found the barrel and the screw, but I can't find the flat spacer washer.

#1142 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

What do you mean by not working? You can’t shoot a ball into the chest?

I can shoot the ball into the chest...but the ball isn't being captured.

#1144 4 years ago

I found the flat washer...went to re-install...dropped the barrel plastic, now I can't find it.

It's time to walk away from this machine for the night and go play something else.

#1146 4 years ago

The barrel plastic was a PITA to find...but My fork is now working. I had to bend one of the blades of the fork slightly. It was binding against the slot in the playfield.

#1147 4 years ago

I guess the entire time I've been playing this game, (around 25 games so far), my diverter fork has always been in the up position.

#1150 4 years ago

I can confirm that my chest fork is now raising and lowering during game play....but ever ball that I've shot into the chest passes through. I've yet to have the chest capture the ball.

#1152 4 years ago

slow motion video?

Dude...I'm old school, I don't even have a cell phone.

#1153 4 years ago

I finally have the chest ball lock working. I had to bend the plate that traps the ball a little bit.

1 week later
#1224 4 years ago

Well, it looks like I'm going to have to remove my upper playfield. I'm getting an error saying that my "load" target is stuck open.

#1228 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Have you tried manually activating it? Lots of times it throws errors because that hasn't been hit in x number of games.

I tried hitting the target manually during gameplay. Still doesn't work. However, I just played a game and was able to load and fire the cannon into the Dauntless.

#1231 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Well there are two targets for loading the cannon. LOAD and CANNON (over on the right.)
I'm betting there is a broken wire on the LOAD target.

Yeah, I'm guessing the same thing. I forgot that in order to load the cannon, you have to just hit the "load" or "cannon" target. You don't have to hit both, just one or the other.

#1232 4 years ago

While I have the upper playfield removed, I guess I should take this opportunity to put some plastic wire loom protector in. Does anyone have a link on what size they used on their machine?

#1234 4 years ago

This is what I'm thinking about installing:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0723HCJXM/ref=twister_B0774WTX77

#1236 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I used this:
amazon.com link »
Note that you don't actually have to remove the Pearl to add it. You just feed the wires into the open and and slide it up from under the playfield.

It doesn't say what the diameter is on that version of loom?

#1237 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Picture of the stuff I used...it plugs that hole nicely.[quoted image]

Does that restrict the movement of the upper playfield any at all?

#1239 4 years ago

Thanks zaphX

#1247 4 years ago

I've noticed that on the extra ball call-out, at the end of the call-out the speech slows down and sounds a little weird. Is this normal?

#1300 4 years ago
Quoted from TZBen:

The upper interior loop isn’t very smooth on my game, the transition between the rails seems to have s thunk that is robbing a smooth fast loop. I still get multiple loops in a row but a clean shot sometimes barely makes it around. I’ve played with the slope and the game is level. Can the rails be tweaked?

I have the same issue w/ my POTC

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Wanted
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

24,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 38.00
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider indypinhead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpirates-of-the-caribbean-troubleshooting-tips-issues?tu=indypinhead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.