8A79C258-2737-4892-A6D4-1D5066382A11 (resized).jpeg
D2C5269F-CC9C-4059-B008-7183A9656384 (resized).jpeg
19CB3A9A-2767-4CD7-AA0D-2EAC9D4E8C1B (resized).jpeg
AD9CE6FE-FBDD-40E0-A404-AF37E2A257CD (resized).jpeg
no light 2 (resized).jpg
no light (resized).jpg
IMG_20220709_120144 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

29 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2 INITIAL CHECK: Install 2 piece MAP Cliffy Posted by PinMonk (4 years ago)

Post #4 INITIAL CHECK: Remove all shipping foam? Posted by PinMonk (4 years ago)

Post #5 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Auto launch issue fix Posted by PinMonk (4 years ago)

Post #7 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Chest rejecting most shots fix Posted by PinMonk (4 years ago)

Post #12 TECH: SWITCHES. [Switch name] is not working Posted by PinMonk (4 years ago)

Post #13 TECH: SWITCHES. Game reports stuck MAP targets Posted by PinMonk (4 years ago)

Post #14 TECH: SWITCHES. Game reports stuck GOLD targets Posted by PinMonk (4 years ago)

Post #35 INITIAL CHECK: Installing Mystery Hole Cliffy Posted by PinMonk (4 years ago)

Post #47 TECH: RAMPS. Stop right ramp decal from tearing Posted by PinMonk (4 years ago)

Post #100 TECH: TILT. Tilt is too active/sensitive Posted by PinMonk (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hogey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#137 4 years ago

Haven't seen this issue mentioned. Received my Pirates a week ago. Great game. Had a couple small issues that my distributor was all over and took care of. One issue I still have is the monitor not being level. After I "lock" the monitor in place (meaning the brackets on the left and right side are pushed down and engage the "posts" on the monitor), the monitor is not level (lower on the right side). There is "slop" or "play" if you will (meaning that the monitor can still move up and down and back and forth even though it is supposedly locked. I've tried to wedge some foam under the right side of the monitor to jack it up and that has helped some, but it's not right. Anyone else have this problem? A friend has a DI and advised that that monitor has 2 posts on each side that are engaged by the brackets, which alleviates the problem. Not sure what to do about it.

One other small issue, is that when my machine arrived, one of the lanterns on the mini ship deck was broken off and loose on the playfield. JJP sent me a new lantern, but the problem is that it broke off at the base (leaving the "peg" in the hole with no way to get it out). See pics. I removed the two screws on the plastic above it thinking this would remove it so I could get at it from below, but no such luck.

Thank you.

Hogey

IMG_3032 (resized).jpgIMG_3032 (resized).jpgIMG_3033 (resized).jpgIMG_3033 (resized).jpgIMG_3035 (resized).jpgIMG_3035 (resized).jpgIMG_3036 (resized).jpgIMG_3036 (resized).jpgIMG_3037 (resized).JPGIMG_3037 (resized).JPGIMG_3039 (resized).jpgIMG_3039 (resized).jpg
#140 4 years ago

Thanks for the help. I'll get at them tomorrow. Much appreciated.

#168 4 years ago
Quoted from Hogey:

Haven't seen this issue mentioned. Received my Pirates a week ago. Great game. Had a couple small issues that my distributor was all over and took care of. One issue I still have is the monitor not being level. After I "lock" the monitor in place (meaning the brackets on the left and right side are pushed down and engage the "posts" on the monitor), the monitor is not level (lower on the right side). There is "slop" or "play" if you will (meaning that the monitor can still move up and down and back and forth even though it is supposedly locked. I've tried to wedge some foam under the right side of the monitor to jack it up and that has helped some, but it's not right. Anyone else have this problem? A friend has a DI and advised that that monitor has 2 posts on each side that are engaged by the brackets, which alleviates the problem. Not sure what to do about it.
One other small issue, is that when my machine arrived, one of the lanterns on the mini ship deck was broken off and loose on the playfield. JJP sent me a new lantern, but the problem is that it broke off at the base (leaving the "peg" in the hole with no way to get it out). See pics. I removed the two screws on the plastic above it thinking this would remove it so I could get at it from below, but no such luck.
Thank you.
Hogey
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Talked to JJP today. Was advised that the "arm" that holds the monitor is defective. They had sporadic issues of this previously. They're sending a new arm to fix the problem. Adjusting the brackets was not a fix for this particular problem.

#201 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Glad you called and got feedback! Whom did you speak with there? I need to make a call myselt. Thank you for posting this prior to me getting this "fixed" but seemingly not fixed. Phew!

I talked to Butch at JJP. My monitor sits a little low and the upper frame of the monitor shows through the glass. I was finally able to get it level after adjusting the screws on the back of the monitor, but the arm is the issue. He was very helpful and is sending out a new arm (four bolts to the backbox and four bolts to the back of the monitor.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple
Shooter rods
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hogey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpirates-of-the-caribbean-troubleshooting-tips-issues?tu=hogey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.