8A79C258-2737-4892-A6D4-1D5066382A11 (resized).jpeg
D2C5269F-CC9C-4059-B008-7183A9656384 (resized).jpeg
19CB3A9A-2767-4CD7-AA0D-2EAC9D4E8C1B (resized).jpeg
AD9CE6FE-FBDD-40E0-A404-AF37E2A257CD (resized).jpeg
no light 2 (resized).jpg
no light (resized).jpg
IMG_20220709_120144 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

29 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2 INITIAL CHECK: Install 2 piece MAP Cliffy Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #4 INITIAL CHECK: Remove all shipping foam? Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #5 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Auto launch issue fix Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #7 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Chest rejecting most shots fix Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #12 TECH: SWITCHES. [Switch name] is not working Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #13 TECH: SWITCHES. Game reports stuck MAP targets Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #14 TECH: SWITCHES. Game reports stuck GOLD targets Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #35 INITIAL CHECK: Installing Mystery Hole Cliffy Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #47 TECH: RAMPS. Stop right ramp decal from tearing Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #100 TECH: TILT. Tilt is too active/sensitive Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dts.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1852 4 years ago

Curious if there is a way to make the flippers behave more like the fliptronic feel of my TZ, which is very crisp and immediate. I've adjusted the strength, it just feels muddy compared to my TZ.

#1856 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Tighten up the gaps on the flipper switches? That should take care of immediate and might make them feel more crisp to you.

That makes sense, more likely the "feel" of the flipper buttons. I'll adjust them. In fairness, my current TZ is the most responsive Williams I've ever owned, which is probably because Brian Kelly restored it.

2 weeks later
#1928 4 years ago

Question for this thread. I am having inconsistent firing of the ship VUK. If I land it in the hole from the shooter lane, it doesn't always register. Lift up the machine and it fires, but tilt warnings. Tried messing with the opto, checked to see if the ball is getting stuck. Anyone else have this problem?

#1930 4 years ago

Yes, that helped! I put in a couple of small washers to increase the incline of the plastic ramp and flap--back to 100%. It must have been getting caught on the plastic when balls landed gently at the VUK drop. I was looking at the optos and they were fine. Thanks!

4 months later
#2358 4 years ago

Vic, what’s up with selling JJPOTCLE? I thought that was a great money maker and one of your favorite games?

#2360 4 years ago

Makes sense, to the Op, I guess... Values will be high until they do another run and will then correct a bit, imo.

#2362 4 years ago
Quoted from Vans:

You think another run of them is coming? Sounds like they are moving on from it.

I think it is very likely, based on a conversation with Jack earlier this year. But that is just my opinion.

#2372 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I also think there will be another run within 18 months (no insider information, just my feeling). JJP left WAY too much money on the table, and if Eric hits it out of the park again with GnR, even more people will want to own his first masterpiece, increasing demand.
But anyone that thinks that by waiting they'll get a jjPotC LE on that re-run for the original $10k pricing is dreaming. If it happens, it will be a Yellow Brick Road WoZ situation where the price is jacked up to former CE levels. Although now that the chest has been shown to be very reliable using a servo instead of slamming open and closed with the forks, I could see JJP putting that back in.

Just spoke with Jack. Unfortunately, there are no plans to do another run at this time. They are very busy making Wonkas, and on to the next game. Surprising and hope they change their minds down the line.

2 months later
#2689 4 years ago

Hi guys, my game arrives this week but I still haven't received the 220 to 110 conversion kit from JJP. Looking at the manual, it doesn't look that hard to do myself (page D-94). 0.084" pin extractor, move some connections, put in a jumper, and done. Looks like the power supply can remain with these simple changes. Thanks for any input!

1 week later
#2729 4 years ago

Things are pretty smooth with the new JJPOTC, but a couple of little things have come up. When on the upper playfield and after hitting "load," the "lit fuse" hole flap lifts up but then drops again when using the left flipper. It stays up when using the right flipper. Not sure what is going on with this. Also, sometimes "gold" keeps repetitively going off without a reason. Appreciate any input!

#2731 4 years ago

Thanks, I'll check that out! What do you think about the flap going down with the left upper playfield flipper activated?

#2733 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Sorry, in my head I was like, "this will fix both" and only sent you to fix the switch without explaining why. My mental shorthand.
It's probably related to the switch down below. It goes up, but then a switch is triggered on the lower PF from vibration, so it doesn't think a ball is up there. Fix the switch triggering and that will probably go away, too.

I'll take a look, thanks!

#2734 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Sorry, in my head I was like, "this will fix both" and only sent you to fix the switch without explaining why. My mental shorthand.
It's probably related to the switch down below. It goes up, but then a switch is triggered on the lower PF from vibration, so it doesn't think a ball is up there. Fix the switch triggering and that will probably go away, too.

Just some minor switch issues, back to 100 percent. Thanks!

#2782 4 years ago

I’m having trouble figuring out my slingshot under the Black Pearl ramp-keeps firing. The leaflets are ok, and switches work fine in the matrix. I’ve tried plugging and unplugging the connector for power(shown), doesn’t produce a sustained fix. Any ideas?

F834281D-5950-4688-9494-B91F142F79BA (resized).jpegF834281D-5950-4688-9494-B91F142F79BA (resized).jpegD8877315-9829-4FBC-9CAF-07479104E65E (resized).jpegD8877315-9829-4FBC-9CAF-07479104E65E (resized).jpeg
#2793 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Two leaf blade switches under there, one on each side of kicker - in Tests - Switches - Matrixed - is one stuck closed ? If you bang on playfield does vibration set one or both off ?
Any other switches show on the screen as closed that should be open ?
LTG : )

No, The switches work fine and aren’t stuck, and banging on the playfield doesn’t activate them. Interestingly, it stops firing when the playfield is pulled up.

#2795 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Wires are being stretched when playfield is lowered. Maybe wiggle the black plastic tubes with the wires in them behind the playfield. And be sure they move or have a little slack.

Ok, I'll give that a shot!

#2804 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Wires are being stretched when playfield is lowered. Maybe wiggle the black plastic tubes with the wires in them behind the playfield. And be sure they move or have a little slack.

Good call, Lloyd! Not sure why the wiring harness would do that but moving it seems to be working so far!

Quoted from PinMonk:

Check the gap on the switch to the right of the pop bumpers (the one you have to hit for extra ball).
You can also go into switch test mode and then close the coin door and bang away on the flippers to create the condition that's registering a switch.

I’ll check that next if this happens again. Thank you!

11 months later
#3349 3 years ago

Topper question: before I send off the I/O board to Barry Engler,to swap out a field-effect-transistor, do any of you guys have thoughts on the CE topper motor running continuously? I ended up unplugging the motor as the game doesn't seem to recognize it for adjustments. It runs between games as well, and then faster during the game. Tried turning it off in settings, adjusting the speed, without any effect. Maybe there is a short in the wire instead, I'll check for that. Otherwise, everything has been great, but I like the rolling waves.

#3351 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Take a meter and check the transistor to see if it's shorted.

Testing MOSFETs is a bit more complicated but I'll give it a try. Continuous 12V to the motor even when I turn it off in settings, so it looks like a driver issue from the I/O board. Not sure it is even worth messing with as it seems like a lot of owners unplug the topper motor anyhow...but I'll probably ship it off to Barry anyhow.

#3353 3 years ago
Quoted from Mikespinball:

David, If you don't want the topper you can diffidently send it to me, I'll get it fixed and add it to my LE!

You’re so talented, I bet you can build one yourself! Great to have the game back. This one goes in the permanent collection next to TZ!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dts.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpirates-of-the-caribbean-troubleshooting-tips-issues?tu=dts and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.