8A79C258-2737-4892-A6D4-1D5066382A11 (resized).jpeg
D2C5269F-CC9C-4059-B008-7183A9656384 (resized).jpeg
19CB3A9A-2767-4CD7-AA0D-2EAC9D4E8C1B (resized).jpeg
AD9CE6FE-FBDD-40E0-A404-AF37E2A257CD (resized).jpeg
no light 2 (resized).jpg
no light (resized).jpg
IMG_20220709_120144 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

29 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2 INITIAL CHECK: Install 2 piece MAP Cliffy Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #4 INITIAL CHECK: Remove all shipping foam? Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #5 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Auto launch issue fix Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #7 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Chest rejecting most shots fix Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #12 TECH: SWITCHES. [Switch name] is not working Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #13 TECH: SWITCHES. Game reports stuck MAP targets Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #14 TECH: SWITCHES. Game reports stuck GOLD targets Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #35 INITIAL CHECK: Installing Mystery Hole Cliffy Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #47 TECH: RAMPS. Stop right ramp decal from tearing Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #100 TECH: TILT. Tilt is too active/sensitive Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drdq.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#619 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

I think so but I’ll double check when I get back home.
I still don’t know if the left flipper is actually fixed so stay tuned for that.

There should be 7 connectors to plug back in.
Putting notes from my ship removal on next post

#621 4 years ago

I removed my BP the other day and put in the MAP Cliffy.
I think it is posted here about MicSirTuna’s excellent Twitch video on Buffalo Pinball. Here are my notes from his Video.

Pirate Ship Removal and Replacement

1. Flip Playfield.
2. Disconnect 7 cables;
3. Label connectors: 1 and 2 are larger white connectors (9 and 12 Pin). Next is Ethernet lighting R45( J908), 3 is 2 Pin connector power to right, 5,6,7 all go to board on right; J2, J3, J4 (should have colored dots for connectors as they are not keyed connectors) but write J2,J3,J4
4. Feed through so they do not get tangled
5. Lower Playfield
6. Loosen up right ramp wire form at bottoms of wire form Don’t have to remove nuts
7. Remove right wire form and set aside
8. Loosen right ramp; screw on right by short side. Don’t remove screw
9. Remove screws at bottoms of ramp by flaps.
10. Ship Removal: 1) Allen Bolt behind BP,- Loosen Screw and then use hand to twist and remove without dropping. 2)Remove Cotton Pin behind BackBoard and washer and connector from Post. Pull Post through slot towards Playfield
11. Pull ship back so it comes off horizontal post through front eyelet underneath ship. Then can pull front up. Then jiggle or pull ship forward so it comes off of back eyelet. Watch out for BP VUK on back right as you need to clear that when bringing out.
12. Pull ship up and bring wires through. Careful with underneath of ship. Rest ship on pillow etc ; top side of ship down on pillow.

1. Putting Ship Back gets tricky.
2. Hold Ship and feed cables back through the hole. Make sure they go through the hole.
3. Bring Playfield in. Will be tricky to get posts through the eyelets. Try back eyelet first slide back In then can slide forward over front eyelet. Slide forward to stay on
4. Get shoulder bolt back on . Hold ship forward. This is tricky Try not to drop screw
5. Put washer in against back wood. And put clip back in.
6. Reattach ramp with flap screws. Make sure leaf switch under ramp is not getting caught.
7. Put back wireform. Angle in from top.

#623 4 years ago

I believe the blue cable has an R45 type connector that goes into J908.

#628 4 years ago

Loosening the ramp is not required but is pretty easy and allows for easier access when removing and reinstalling the BP.
Removing the VUK is another option, sounds like it may be a better approach.

#630 4 years ago

Joseph;

The ball trough has optos for each trough ball position. So the machine will know when ball is missing prior to starting a game.

#633 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

So... I didn't inform you guys that I still need to put the ramp back in place.
But that's not why the lanterns aren't lit up...right?
I see wiring, but I assume it's only for the spot light.

I doubt it. Unless you have a loose wire there. But in all likelihood the problem is in the wire bundle/connections from the connector under the playfield to under the ship. I would reseat (vs Just looking at ) all of the 7 BP connectors under the playfield first before pulling the ship.
Did the J908 connector click when you put it back in?

I would think worst case is you have a broken wire or loose connection under the BP.

1 week later
#783 4 years ago

Joseph,
Those chrome balls may be magnetized.
Better to go with carbon steel on POTC.

#896 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Anyone able to identify these parts I found in cabinet?
Everything seems fine and could be junk from assembly but want to be sure.
[quoted image]

Check your Chest Fork Mechanism under the playfield to see if one of the guide pins came out. You may have 1 or two more parts in the cabinet. The nylon part doesn’t seem like that one but I figured I would mention it

C7EC0831-4941-439E-8C18-41130B862F7F (resized).pngC7EC0831-4941-439E-8C18-41130B862F7F (resized).png

#966 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I tried searching, but not getting good results. Can someone please point me to the install instructions for the cliffys? Looks like the pop bumper has to come out for the mystery hole and the ship out for the map hole. Have two smaller cliffys, not sure where they go.
Thx
[quoted image]

Rob,
The two parts you show are for the Back of The Map Hole and for the front edge of the Depths. The Depths you can snap in place.

For the Tortuga Hole; you don’t need to remove the pop number. You should Tortuga Tom (need a small Allen wrench) and then you can loosen up the Pop Bumper enough to lift up the skirt to get to the screws. Just be carefull of the two small nylon spacers after you take off Tortuga Tom.

For the MAP hole you need to remove the ship.
MicsirTuna has a great Buffalo Pinball Twitch video on removing the ship.
Here are my notes from his video;

Pirate Ship Removal and Replacement

1. Flip Playfield.
2. Disconnect 7 cables;
3. Label connectors: 1 and 2 are larger white connectors (9 and 12 Pin). Next is Ethernet lighting R45( J908), 3 is 2 Pin connector power to right, 5,6,7 all go to board on right; J2, J3, J4 (should have colored dots for connectors as they are not keyed connectors) but write J2,J3,J4
4. Feed through so they do not get tangled
5. Lower Playfield
6. Loosen up right ramp wire form at bottoms of wire form Don’t have to remove nuts
7. Remove right wire form and set aside
8. Loosen right ramp; screw or on right by short side. Don’t remove screw
9. Remove screws at bottoms of ramp by flaps.
10. Ship Removal: 1) Allen Bolt behind BP,- Loosen Screw and then use hand to twist and remove without dropping. 2)Remove Cotton Pin behind BackBoard and washer and connector from Post. Pull Post through slot towards Playfield
11. Pull ship back so it comes off horizontal post through front eyelet underneath ship. Then can pull front up. Then jiggle or pull ship forward so it comes off of back eyelet. Watch out for BP VUK on back right as you need to clear that when bringing out.
12. Pull ship up and bring wires through. Careful with underneath of ship. Rest ship on pillow etc ; top side of ship down on pillow.

1. Putting Ship Back gets tricky.
2. Hold Ship and feed cables back through the hole. Make sure they go through the hole.
3. Bring Playfield in. Will be tricky to get posts through the eyelets. Try back eyelet first slide back In then can slide forward over front eyelet. Slide forward to stay on
4. Get shoulder bolt back on . Hold ship forward. This is tricky Try not to drop screw
5. Put washer in against back wood. And put clip back in.
6. Reattach ramp with flap screws. Make sure leaf switch under ramp is not getting caught.
7. Put back wireform. Angle in from top.

#1011 4 years ago

This screw look familiar at all? It looks like it is brass or brass colored.
This rolled down to the right flipper last night with a ball. I think it came from around the ship or FOY area but not sure. I don’t see any similar screws. Not sure if it is from under the ship or the chest.
48780D63-B719-47C2-B817-5DACB6A94ACA (resized).jpeg48780D63-B719-47C2-B817-5DACB6A94ACA (resized).jpeg

3 months later
#1995 4 years ago
Quoted from splitcms:

I’m not even sure if the VUK is the issue. The ball is just going there and not doing anything. I have a feeling that the ball shouldn’t even be going there because it happens at the start of a game when I shoot the left orbit. Instead of going around to the right orbit and back down, it’s falling into where the VUK hole is and not doing anything

As mentioned by gumnut01 there is a very good chance it’s your pitch. Bring it down to 6.5 Degrees and you could also add a washers at the end of the mini subway right before it goes into the VUK.

To confirm it’s your pitch you can do this very carefully when it happens; I have had to do this occasionally.
Lift the front of the machine up about 1-2” , the ball will then roll into the VUK and will be kicked up into the BP.

Be very careful lifting; use your legs! And make sure you have enough room behind the machine so the back of the head doesn’t hit anything when it tilts. Don’t lift anymore than 1-2”.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

24,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drdq.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpirates-of-the-caribbean-troubleshooting-tips-issues?tu=drdq and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.