8A79C258-2737-4892-A6D4-1D5066382A11 (resized).jpeg
D2C5269F-CC9C-4059-B008-7183A9656384 (resized).jpeg
19CB3A9A-2767-4CD7-AA0D-2EAC9D4E8C1B (resized).jpeg
AD9CE6FE-FBDD-40E0-A404-AF37E2A257CD (resized).jpeg
no light 2 (resized).jpg
no light (resized).jpg
IMG_20220709_120144 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

29 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2 INITIAL CHECK: Install 2 piece MAP Cliffy Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #4 INITIAL CHECK: Remove all shipping foam? Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #5 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Auto launch issue fix Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #7 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Chest rejecting most shots fix Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #12 TECH: SWITCHES. [Switch name] is not working Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #13 TECH: SWITCHES. Game reports stuck MAP targets Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #14 TECH: SWITCHES. Game reports stuck GOLD targets Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #35 INITIAL CHECK: Installing Mystery Hole Cliffy Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #47 TECH: RAMPS. Stop right ramp decal from tearing Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #100 TECH: TILT. Tilt is too active/sensitive Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cheshirefilms.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#230 5 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Wowzers!
You may want to consider felting the exposed wood where that lockbar is. That guy that did the BP removal does this to all his games and I think it looks great and makes for the glass sliding much easier.
Just a thought!
Hope you're playing soon!! or already playing...

Oooh! Do you have a picture of this?

#243 5 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Kinda. I can provide a still image from the video.
I’ll link the video and note the time he talks about it.
I’ll provide a link for what I chose as well.
Just not home atm.

Thanks, look forward to it

1 month later
#1214 4 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

Your prob looking at 60 days for the cliffys zaphX - you ought to clean and wax the Tortuga then throw some Mylar down to prevent further wear... wax makes the new Mylar pretty easy to come off when you get the cliffys.

Mylar won't hurt, but there's no guarantee it'll prevent further wear. If it did, there wouldn't be cliffys for new games- we'd just drop mylar and call it a day.

As for myself, I pulled the Tortuga front mylar and cut a new piece to fit and left the sling mylar where it was. But I doubt there'd have been a major problem had I left it on a home use game. I just wanted to give it the purest fit reasonable possible

#1230 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Well there are two targets for loading the cannon. LOAD and CANNON (over on the right.)
I'm betting there is a broken wire on the LOAD target.

If one is down the other will still work to open the cannon door. Check and see if the gate is catching on the rubber of the ship.

#1265 4 years ago

Ok so I've started to have irregular performance with the black pearl cannon gate. It seems as though the pictured spring attached to this hook thingy needs to be dead center. If the spring slides/pivots to the right during play the gate won't open all the way. Suggestions to stabilize this spring?
Screenshot_20190527-151004 (resized).pngScreenshot_20190527-151004 (resized).png

#1267 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Did you go into switch test mode and smack around on the playfield making sure some lower playfield switch wasn't triggering from vibration? If it is, that gate won't open or will open and close.

No, but pretty sure it's not that. When this spring is misaligned it still opens and stays open just not all the way.

If I manually move this little spring back center performance goes back to 100 percent and gate will fully open and I don't notice any lower playfield triggered glitches.

If it slides over to the right edge of this plastic with hole or whatever it is that's it's attached to, the gate doesn't open fully (but stays open as it should).

#1270 4 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

I had this same problem new out of the box. In shipping it must have misaligned a tad. If I remember right It was a 2-3 screws to get the decking off. Then maybe 2 screws to loosen coil and pivot it back to center. Tighten screws back ( on mine I think I was able to just pivot it and not loosen the screws). manually move the gate up and down to make sure the bar that spring attaches to doesnt hit and you will be golden.

Ended up just making coil bracket adjustment from service position in the back, you don't need to take anything off. Thanks!

2 weeks later
#1481 4 years ago

Anyone develop issues with the Tortuga VUK arm's rubber tip developing wear? Mine was one hundred percent same kickout for first couple months of ownership. Now, it seems to spray the ball all over the place. I inspected closely and it seems to have deformed. I have the gen 2 bracket.

2 months later
#2011 4 years ago
Quoted from Lancelin2k14:

Just unboxed a brand new CE born 28th December. All good (washers preinstalled on the playfield) except the screen keeps getting little lines over the text as though there is some sort of interference. I've checked all the connections in to the monitor, unplugged and replugged the dvi and power cables but no luck. It happens during boot, during doing the 0.99 update and during the game etc. Anyone had this issue before? Any ideas on what I can try next? It's not a major issue but is annoying the crap out of me.

Those factory metal washers aren't a good idea and are known to cause ripples. Switch them out to the service pack ones when you have a chance.

10 months later
#3045 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

New owner here...finally joined in...beautiful game, extreme low play huo LE.
doing minor adjustment switch stuff...everything good.
Suddenly have noticed my compass LCD screen flickering. checked connections, changed VGA cable, no improvement.
Starting to think the 5v is intermittent (?). Flickering happens w flipper action but random. Ideas? Thanks

Mark! Welcome to the club.

#3047 3 years ago

Mileages may vary but on my game I noticed that the posts on the I and E lane took wear from clearcoatgate more than others. The best solution I think is a double washer solution, Hillman 1/4 inch rubber and 1/4 inch Hillman Nylon for stability on top of it (the rubber inverts in without it). Tightened down nice, the nylon height compresses so gives a negligible difference.

20200628_101905 (resized).jpg20200628_101905 (resized).jpg20200628_102926 (resized).jpg20200628_102926 (resized).jpg
#3051 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I just ordered the post kit from JJP. Do you think they will send it free of charge even if I'm not the original owner?

The post fix kit doesn't work. You'll just be wasting your time. The playfield will just bubble through them, and it doesn't take long. Buy a new set of double rung star posts, putting the sling rubber on the bottom rung, and rubber washers to go underneath them Hillman brand at Lowe's

2 weeks later
#3102 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Hmm that’s not great news. Works real well on CFTBL but by the time the ball gets to the bowl , it’s going kind of slow. This is a no go if it doesn’t register consistently

Biggest issue is fit of the plastic housing on that mod. It has to slide all the way in so that the switch goes under the cross bar. I had to slightly trim the two holes so the wireform would actually pass all the way through as intended. Otherwise, it wouldn't go all the way. The original video instructions didn't make this clear or foresee this as an issue but once resolved you'll be good to go.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Wanted
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 38.00
$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cheshirefilms.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpirates-of-the-caribbean-troubleshooting-tips-issues?tu=cheshirefilms and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.