8A79C258-2737-4892-A6D4-1D5066382A11 (resized).jpeg
D2C5269F-CC9C-4059-B008-7183A9656384 (resized).jpeg
19CB3A9A-2767-4CD7-AA0D-2EAC9D4E8C1B (resized).jpeg
AD9CE6FE-FBDD-40E0-A404-AF37E2A257CD (resized).jpeg
no light 2 (resized).jpg
no light (resized).jpg
IMG_20220709_120144 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

29 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2 INITIAL CHECK: Install 2 piece MAP Cliffy Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #4 INITIAL CHECK: Remove all shipping foam? Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #5 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Auto launch issue fix Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #7 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Chest rejecting most shots fix Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #12 TECH: SWITCHES. [Switch name] is not working Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #13 TECH: SWITCHES. Game reports stuck MAP targets Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #14 TECH: SWITCHES. Game reports stuck GOLD targets Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #35 INITIAL CHECK: Installing Mystery Hole Cliffy Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #47 TECH: RAMPS. Stop right ramp decal from tearing Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #100 TECH: TILT. Tilt is too active/sensitive Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ceterumnet.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3298 3 years ago

I've read through a lot of this thread, but I don't see my issues listed here.

I'm dealing with the following issues:

#1 - The fork under the chest is getting stuck in place. When I actuate it manually, it definitely feels like the sleeve is shot. What I'm not sure about, is if there are any FETs or other components that I need to check? In addition to the coil, there is a relay (I guess?) that releases the lock of the fork when it is in the up position. Because of the friction of the coil the relay isn't able to release the lock.

#2 - The "begin left orbit" opto seems to be failing. I tried cleaning it, but it doesn't work. Interestingly, it sometimes reports green in the matrix test, but doesn't activate when I interrupt the opto's path.

#3 - I'm not sure if this is an issue or not. There is another opto that sometimes seems to "loop". I believe it's called the "black pearl acc. ramp made" - I've included a video of that as well in case anyone has seen this before.

#4 - Lastly, sometimes the ball gets stuck on the black pearl at the seam. I have my machine at 6.5 degrees. Is there a simple way to adjust the height of the ship so that this is less likely to happen?

Thanks in advance for any advice you all have.

IMG_2692 (resized).jpegIMG_2692 (resized).jpeg
#3300 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Tighten the screw that runs through the rubber grommet lowering the black pearl a little to the right. See red arrow in the picture.

Are the forks binding on the sides of the slot in the playfield they go up and down in ? Are the four slide rollers, two each side of the mech loose or fallen off ?
(page C-30 in the manual parts #17, #27, #28 . You can download the manual from jerseyjackpinball.com under Support under Downloads under Pirates.
LTG : )
[quoted image]

Thanks Lloyd! I'll take a look at the fork again. I don't think it was binding on one side or another, but I will definitely double check.

#3302 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Are the four slide rollers, two each side of the mech loose or fallen off ?
(page C-30 in the manual parts #17, #27, #28

Yup, two on one side have fallen off. Unfortunately they don't appear to be in my cabinet. I will have a look in the manual and try to order the parts.

Thanks!

#3304 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

If it worked at one time. They are in there somewhere.
LTG : )

Unfortunately, I just bought this one from another pinsider. So all bets are off unless they happen to have them.

Thanks again!

#3306 3 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

You could probably move one of the bushings to the other side temporarily just to get the fork up and running again. When I got mine, one was missing from each side, but the fork was still working. I did end up finding the missing ones in the cabinet and re-installing them.

That's a great idea, I will try that.

Thanks!

1 week later
#3312 3 years ago
Quoted from ellips6:

Please allow me to entertain the game 'where does this screw come from':
I found this one at the bottom of my cabinet, bottom right corner, lying on the black grid.
- no nut
- screw has a flat end, probably 1 inch long
I looked everywhere, first on the cabinet itself (no screw missing there) and around the black pearl area and beyond. Could not find a slot to screw it back.
Does anyone has an idea where this screw comes from?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Did you check the VUK that is behind the pearl? It uses 3 screws that are similar to that.

Good luck!

1 week later
#3313 3 years ago
Quoted from ceterumnet:

That's a great idea, I will try that.
Thanks!

Just a quick update on my fork getting stuck in case it helps someone else in the future.

It turns out that it was multiple issues:
- there is a pin that holds the 2 rods together. It turns out, that pin had crept out a bit and was dragging along the interior of the coil sleeve
- once I fixed that, and I also added the missing bushings, washers and screws, it was still failing 1/10 times
- the final issue was the alignment of the switch that the bushing pushes against to detect if the fork is up or not. It would engage at the top of the stroke, but disengage when the fork locked in place. This is not how it is designed - the switch should stay engaged any time the fork is in the up position

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

24,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ceterumnet.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpirates-of-the-caribbean-troubleshooting-tips-issues?tu=ceterumnet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.