8A79C258-2737-4892-A6D4-1D5066382A11 (resized).jpeg
D2C5269F-CC9C-4059-B008-7183A9656384 (resized).jpeg
19CB3A9A-2767-4CD7-AA0D-2EAC9D4E8C1B (resized).jpeg
AD9CE6FE-FBDD-40E0-A404-AF37E2A257CD (resized).jpeg
no light 2 (resized).jpg
no light (resized).jpg
IMG_20220709_120144 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

29 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2 INITIAL CHECK: Install 2 piece MAP Cliffy Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #4 INITIAL CHECK: Remove all shipping foam? Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #5 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Auto launch issue fix Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #7 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Chest rejecting most shots fix Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #12 TECH: SWITCHES. [Switch name] is not working Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #13 TECH: SWITCHES. Game reports stuck MAP targets Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #14 TECH: SWITCHES. Game reports stuck GOLD targets Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #35 INITIAL CHECK: Installing Mystery Hole Cliffy Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #47 TECH: RAMPS. Stop right ramp decal from tearing Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #100 TECH: TILT. Tilt is too active/sensitive Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bbulkley.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2350 4 years ago

My NIB LE arrived today from Australia, and I need to convert it from 220 to 110. Is there a documented process for that? I’m comfortable with wiring.

#2368 4 years ago

You can still buy NIB at original pricing from Australia. Mine arrived this week and they have two left. No offense intended to Vic - that machine has nice mods and I’m sure will fetch the asking price.

#2387 4 years ago

I have my first questions after unboxing my new POTC.

The unpacking instructions say to remove any foam behind the playfield. I didn't have any white foam blocks, just this black block that's screwed in place.

The instructions say when converting from 220 I have to change the pins. I got those out no problem, but there's also a note that the power supply should have a sliding switch on the external case. I assume that's referencing the PC power supply pictured, but I don't see any slider (sorry for the bad picture, but it's just a Corsair PC power supply).

Lastly, I found a few loose bits in the bottom. Two locking nuts, one thumb screw, and one plastic screw cover. Any ideas?

20191216_010148423_iOS (resized).jpg20191216_010148423_iOS (resized).jpg20191216_010227323_iOS (resized).jpg20191216_010227323_iOS (resized).jpg20191216_010234132_iOS (resized).jpg20191216_010234132_iOS (resized).jpg
#2390 4 years ago

Thanks everyone - the interweb says some VS450 power supplies take 110-240 and others take 220-240. I might need to pull this one to see if there are any markings.

#2392 4 years ago

The official word from JJP is that some power supplies have a sliding switch, but the Corsair does not. In my case I don't need to worry about it, but it's impossible to predict when a machine might use a different power supply.

#2393 4 years ago

It’s also worth noting that the conversion requires more changes than just the Molex pins. JJP recommends buying the correct parts from them rather than modifying the existing power supply. So that’s what I’m doing.

#2395 4 years ago

From JJP: "The Euro power box does not have a US service outlet in it (for powering a soldering iron or light, when you're working on the machine). The varistor and thermistor inside the power box also have to be changed for use in the US, as does the line fuse - different voltage and current safety limits for the two configurations."

I'm glad Butch at JJP was so helpful - I might have damaged my machine otherwise!

1 week later
#2403 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

PROBLEM:Action button in lockdown bar is not registering or sticking.
SOLUTION:If it's not registering, check that the switch under the button attached to the lockdown bar works.
If the switch works, either ad a glob of hot glue to the bottom of the action button switch to shorten the stroke/lengthen the reach and keep it from sticking, OR just get the stern flipper button from pinball life that seems to solve operational issues with this button.

Perfect! I’ll order the Stern. Mine registers but jams down.

#2408 4 years ago

I’ve searched the topics and the forum, so apologies if I missed an answer to this one.

My right sling rubber gets stuck behind the moving piece (I don’t know what it’s called). The thing that hits the sling to make it bounce the ball away gets outside of the rubber. It happens more often during multiball.

The top of the L-shaped plastic is correctly positioned so it hits above the rubber. The rubber is seated in the posts where it should be (in the indentations), and the posts are tight. I don’t see any obvious difference between the two slings, but it only happens on the right.

#2411 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Try a size smaller rubber ring.

Does that mean a ring that’s tighter on the sling, or rubber with a smaller diameter?

1 week later
#2458 4 years ago

I searched the thread but couldn't find anything like this. Either I'm dumb and misunderstanding how the Black Pearl ramp works, or my gate was installed backward. It seemed like the only function of the gate was to reject shots up the ramp and send them STDM. My game also never used the wireform return. I turned the gate around, which makes it behave the way that makes sense to me. The picture is how it came from the factory.

20200112_172010360_iOS (resized).jpg20200112_172010360_iOS (resized).jpg
#2461 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Hello? Australia? It's all backwards there. You didn't finish the conversion...

Groan! Take your upvote.

4 weeks later
#2541 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Ensure that plunging empty does not make the autoplunger forks jump. If the autoplunger forks are jumping when you plunge empty, the shooter tip is hitting the forks. You may need to adjust the assembly more. If you can’t move it down enough to stop it, you will need to pad the underside of the playfield hooks with something (for example cabinet bumpers or dense weatherstripping.) Relevel if you have to do this.

Why shift the entire playfield? My auto plunger did this, so I just put a very small pad where the auto plunger hits the bottom of playfield. That keeps the mech from rotating enough to interfere with the manual plunger, and it doesn't affect the rest of the game at all.

#2557 4 years ago

Should the Black Pearl home position be level, or should it tilt to the left like mine does? Mine only tilts right at the very end of its movement.

EDIT: I watched some videos and it looks like that's normal. I'll have to adjust my ramp though, because my ball keeps getting stuck under the left flipper.

#2563 4 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Is it getting stuck between the ramp and the playfield - like the gap is too big?

Exactly. I'm guessing I need to adjust the pearl?

#2591 4 years ago

This was a first for me. Started a chapter during multiball and a second ball got perfectly jammed between the post and a target. I had to take the glass off to get it out.

7A5E33EE-BBE1-48F8-985A-B01DCF9C5DB0 (resized).jpeg7A5E33EE-BBE1-48F8-985A-B01DCF9C5DB0 (resized).jpeg
5 months later
#3200 3 years ago

I just secured my scoop with thread lock.

1 week later
#3214 3 years ago
Quoted from palmab03:

So action button just completely stopped working. Taking it off and the switch doesn't work, I'm very new to repairing pinballs, do I need to replace it?

My action button, and I think many others, gets jammed. I suspect it's because the switch is mounted to the chassis at an angle compared to the button, which puts sideways pressure on the button causing it to bind. I temporarily fixed this by bending the switch spring up to give more upward force. Might be worth checking out.

#3216 3 years ago

Use a multimeter to check continuity of the closed switch and the wiring itself? Maybe swap the switch with a known working one to eliminate one variable.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

24,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bbulkley.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpirates-of-the-caribbean-troubleshooting-tips-issues?tu=bbulkley and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.