8A79C258-2737-4892-A6D4-1D5066382A11 (resized).jpeg
D2C5269F-CC9C-4059-B008-7183A9656384 (resized).jpeg
19CB3A9A-2767-4CD7-AA0D-2EAC9D4E8C1B (resized).jpeg
AD9CE6FE-FBDD-40E0-A404-AF37E2A257CD (resized).jpeg
no light 2 (resized).jpg
no light (resized).jpg
IMG_20220709_120144 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

29 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2 INITIAL CHECK: Install 2 piece MAP Cliffy Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #4 INITIAL CHECK: Remove all shipping foam? Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #5 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Auto launch issue fix Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #7 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Chest rejecting most shots fix Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #12 TECH: SWITCHES. [Switch name] is not working Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #13 TECH: SWITCHES. Game reports stuck MAP targets Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #14 TECH: SWITCHES. Game reports stuck GOLD targets Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #35 INITIAL CHECK: Installing Mystery Hole Cliffy Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #47 TECH: RAMPS. Stop right ramp decal from tearing Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #100 TECH: TILT. Tilt is too active/sensitive Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mrsiyufy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3266 3 years ago

My map disc is not level to the playfield it’s a little high on one side causing the ball to take some strange bounces. Is there a guide to adjusting the disc ?

#3268 3 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

If I remember right you can loosen the screw that holds the mech on that side a little to level it up. Or tighten the rest to make it all level then lower the disc by the large nut and retighten.
Lowering or raising spinning map is done by loosening #8 and you can spin #2 then retighten #8
[quoted image]

Thank you!!!!

1 week later
#3275 3 years ago

I changed the button on my lockdown bar over to a stern from pinball life. My JJP button had a screw and lock washer on the bottom should I add the screw to the new button or leave it as is?

#3277 3 years ago

Thanks Lloyd! If I had a nickel for every post you answered I could split it with you and we’d both be rich!

4 weeks later
#3314 3 years ago

I bought a 12v rgb led strip for under cabinet lighting. Can anyone recommend a good 12v power source in the machine ?

#3316 3 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I'm pretty sure all of the spot lamps are 12v. I hooked an LED strip up to one of those on my game.

Thank you!

1 year later
#3441 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Turn game off. Remove playfield glass and put somewhere safe. Lift playfield up and pull forward and rest on front of cabinet so you can access the black pearl better.
Page C-34 in the manual. You might have to remove plastic molding around it. Then remove it's bracket #2 in the diagram. Then you can get at the screws holding the opto on.
Follow the wires below the playfield, you might need to cut a cable tie or two. Unplug the opto wires for that side.
LTG : )

LTG is best support rep in the industry. JJP please beg him to come back.

1 month later
#3451 1 year ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Having trouble getting my POTC to boot up. It's been working fine in this same spot for about 2 years now. The fan for the motherboard and the power supply are turning on. I tried the manual jumper for the mb anyway and it turns these off/on. I also tried clearing the CMOS, but that didn't change anything. I tried reseating as many connectors on the motherboard and the HDD as I could. The game just turned 3 years old, so I have not touched the battery yet since getting it.
When I turn on the game, I get the JJP logo and then it goes to a screen where it is asking me to select the OS, with the options of "*Ubuntu" or "Advanced options for Ubuntu". If I let it load "*Ubuntu", it opens another screen where a wall of text appears and then stops. I can't get it to do anything more from this point.
I couldn't find any other reports of this specific problem. I am suspicious of the ATX power supply in the game because of a high pitch whine I have been hearing through the speakers for a while now, but I don't know enough about it to say if it's related. Any suggestions?
[quoted image][quoted image]

This looks similar to your boot error

https://deeptalk.lambdalabs.com/t/boot-hangs-with-the-root-file-system-on-dev-sda2-requires-a-manual-fsck/350

#3453 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Looks like SSD read errors.
I'd try doing a full install of the current code from usb again that will rewrite the SSD first. If that doesn't work, then...
It could be the SSD is bad or the ATX power supply is bad and not supplying enough or consistent power to the SSD, causing the errors. Personally, I'd do the ATX power supply replacement first and see if that fixes it. Get a nice SEASONIC gold 650w or so and it will likely be the last power supply you have to buy for it.
If replacing that doesn't fix it, the SSD is likely bad, based on all the read errors on the screen grabs.

In case of a bad SSD is it as simple as buying a new Ssd and installing in game then doing the full .99 version procedure on the jjp website?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

29,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mrsiyufy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpirates-of-the-caribbean-troubleshooting-tips-issues?tu=Mrsiyufy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.