8A79C258-2737-4892-A6D4-1D5066382A11 (resized).jpeg
D2C5269F-CC9C-4059-B008-7183A9656384 (resized).jpeg
19CB3A9A-2767-4CD7-AA0D-2EAC9D4E8C1B (resized).jpeg
AD9CE6FE-FBDD-40E0-A404-AF37E2A257CD (resized).jpeg
no light 2 (resized).jpg
no light (resized).jpg
IMG_20220709_120144 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

29 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2 INITIAL CHECK: Install 2 piece MAP Cliffy Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #4 INITIAL CHECK: Remove all shipping foam? Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #5 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Auto launch issue fix Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #7 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Chest rejecting most shots fix Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #12 TECH: SWITCHES. [Switch name] is not working Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #13 TECH: SWITCHES. Game reports stuck MAP targets Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #14 TECH: SWITCHES. Game reports stuck GOLD targets Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #35 INITIAL CHECK: Installing Mystery Hole Cliffy Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #47 TECH: RAMPS. Stop right ramp decal from tearing Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #100 TECH: TILT. Tilt is too active/sensitive Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Asael.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#976 4 years ago

3 games after I put on the update the inserts around the chest went out. The LED on the Left Orbit &Upper TargetsRGB LED Board changed to red. RED = Bad Fuse. But what fuse is for this Board, every Fuse-Led is red? Had someone else the same problem?

I hope I don`t have a bad board, I want to start a tournament this week.

#978 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

The tiny fuse on some of the LED boards are surface mounted. Green is good, red bad. Only for the tiny ones. The 20mm ones on your I/O board show red when good.
LTG : )

The LED on the big LED Board under the playfield is red, so this is ok? If so, should I check the cables to the board, cause the inserts don`t light up anymore?
D7258AA4-8EB3-4266-AC55-A473E46BE482 (resized).jpegD7258AA4-8EB3-4266-AC55-A473E46BE482 (resized).jpeg

#980 4 years ago

So I have opened a ticket on the support page and tomorrow I will contact my distributor for help. I have no idea why the board gone bad. Will report back here how it went.

#983 4 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

Red light means something wrong. Either no power or bad fuse (should be marked on board what led means). I also had some board issues with my game nib. Contact jjp to have them send you a replacement. That is the p9 board pictured.

My Distributor will send me a new board.

#1055 4 years ago

On my PotC the GI and Insert LEDs connected to the P9 board are out. The LED on the board is red. So I contacted my distributor and he did send me a new P9 Board (Pinball Universe, Realy good support so far!!!). I put it in and have the same failure. Just the GI and Insert LEDs are out and only the ones that are connected to P9. Everything else works right. The distributor is cluesless too and wants to contact JJP.
Has anybody an idea what is wrong?

#1069 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Wow, your distributor is really on the ball with that swapout! Shame it didn't fix it...
That power connector for the board is daisy chained. I'd unplug it and use a multimeter to check what (if any) voltage it's delivering. Maybe the connector is broken.
Also, it's bound pretty tightly at a harsh angle by a ziptie, so maybe one of the wires to the power connector had broken off inside the insulation from being bound too tightly and then bend hard to make the board connection. Try cutting it out from that ziptie and then wiggling the wire with the power on and see if the board indicator goes green (even briefly).

Thanks for your help. I checked the connector with a multimeter and have 4,5 volt there. That's ok? Wiggling on the wires does not help. Today I send one of the two P9 boards back to my distributor he wants to check if it's still working or not.
I have no clue what could be wrong.

#1081 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I don't know enough about how those work to know what else might be wrong. Since the power connectors are daisy-chained, check the voltage at other boards and see if that 4.5v is right. It seems like it should be higher, but I dunno.

All boards I checked have around 4,5v.
I think I have to trust my distributor to find a solution. With these cat5 cables and boards it's very hard for an amateur like me to find what's wrong.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
24,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 38.00
$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Asael.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpirates-of-the-caribbean-troubleshooting-tips-issues?tu=Asael and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.