8A79C258-2737-4892-A6D4-1D5066382A11 (resized).jpeg
D2C5269F-CC9C-4059-B008-7183A9656384 (resized).jpeg
19CB3A9A-2767-4CD7-AA0D-2EAC9D4E8C1B (resized).jpeg
AD9CE6FE-FBDD-40E0-A404-AF37E2A257CD (resized).jpeg
no light 2 (resized).jpg
no light (resized).jpg
IMG_20220709_120144 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

29 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 3,538 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 71.
#2451 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

vireland please add to the index!
PROBLEM: The Depths shoots the ball into the one way gate at the I lane, causing unstoppable drains.
SOLUTION: I tried playing with various settings on the VUK, nothing helped. I returned it to default and taped the one way gate out of the way. Success, not one single drain. So I took a closer look at the gate, and my wife pointed out that the wireform for it was rubbing the light post (see pic.)
I removed it and snipped off a little bit, just enough to keep it from rubbing. This resolved the problem for me.[quoted image]

What would cause the light in the right megaphone in your picture to flicker? The bulb is seated tight. If I manipulate the megaphone it will go out altogether. Poor connection in the light unit itself?

#2452 4 years ago
Quoted from MurphyPeoples:

What would cause the light in the right megaphone in your picture to flicker? The bulb is seated tight. If I manipulate the megaphone it will go out altogether. Poor connection in the light unit itself?

This tip from PinMonk will bulletproof the spotlights:

1. Pull the spotlight straight out.
2. You will see two tiny wires folded across the blade of the bulb. Bend them straight.
3. Get a piece of electrical tape and fold it over the plastic blade, under the wires.
4. Fold the wires back as they were and reinsert the bulb.

It will now have a nice tight connection and remain solid.

The shipped bulbs are poor quality and prone to breaking apart. I recommend buying 5 or 6 of these in cool white:

https://www.cometpinball.com/products/opmax-12v?_pos=1&_sid=499ef93ba&_ss=r&variant=29411774726246

These are what I run, coupled with the e-tape fix, and spotlights are 100% solid.

#2453 4 years ago

My spotlights have been fine. I think the connector is a little finicky if the wires on bulb aren’t perfect. I had early issues on one spot and found that the wires on bulb were not in their “grooves” and would not seat in socket properly. This wire pushed the pin inside of socket out of place a bit. Bulb would seat in socket but seemed lose and would lose connection. Once I regapped the socket and fixed wires on bulb there is no play anymore and bulb doesn’t randomly go out.

TLDR check to make sure pins inside of socket are gapped properly and wires on bulb are in the proper position (in the grooves and pulled tight.

#2454 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

The shipped bulbs are poor quality and prone to breaking apart. I recommend buying 5 or 6 of these in cool white:
https://www.cometpinball.com/products/opmax-12v?_pos=1&_sid=499ef93ba&_ss=r&variant=29411774726246
These are what I run, coupled with the e-tape fix, and spotlights are 100% solid.

Yes, the stock bulbs in the spotlights are crappy and prone to falling apart. But you can use Samsung T10 12v auto LED bulbs for less than half the price (I got a 10 pack recently for $11) of those comets. Much beefier construction, too.

#2455 4 years ago

Last week, I posted a pic of two parts I found inside the bottom cabinet which I could not identify. A fellow pirate advised me these might have been plundered from the Fork Lifter Assembly. (See first picture).

I had a chance to check this weekend, and sure enough... on the port side of the Fork Lifter, the rear guide spacer, washer and screw were missing. (See Second Picture).

I could not for the life of me find the part # 94-005310-12 Round Spacer and Part # 94-003214-065 Round Spacer that are missing. I even looked to see if they might be hanging in a wire loom close by.

I'm posting this for all other Pirates that might one day find this thin 1/2" Nylon Washer in their cabinet bottom. It's practically the only place I can find in the manual where this particular washer is used. (See 3rd pic - part #25)

I'll call JJP this coming week and see if I can order a few of the spacers. Also... the starboard side guides were screwed in tight still. The port side unit was "slightly" loose. Again, this is something we should probably add to our "every 400 games" reliability checklist. My POTC LE has less than 400 games total currently.
Murphy
IMG_4323 (resized).jpgIMG_4323 (resized).jpgIMG_4319 (resized).jpgIMG_4319 (resized).jpgIMG_4324 (resized).jpgIMG_4324 (resized).jpg

#2456 4 years ago

Last week, I posted a pic of two parts I found inside the bottom cabinet which I could not identify. A fellow pirate advised me these might have been plundered from the Fork Lifter Assembly. (See first picture).
I had a chance to check this weekend, and sure enough... on the port side of the Fork Lifter, the rear guide space, washer and screw were missing. (See Second Picture).
I could not for the life of me find the part # 94-005310-12 Round Spacer that is missing. I even looked to see if it might be hanging in a wire loom close by.
I'm posting this for all other Pirates that might one day find this thin 1/2" Nylon Washer in their cabinet bottom. It's practically the only place I can find in the manual where this particular washer is used. (See 3rd pic - part #28)
I'll call JJP this coming week and see if I can order a few of the spacers. Also... the starboard side guides were screwed in tight still. The port side unit was "slightly" loose. Again, this is something we should probably add to our "every 400 games" reliability checklist. My POTC LE has less than 400 games total currently.
Murphy[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for reporting the find! BTW Home Depot has an assortment of nylon spacers, I'd check there.

#10 x 3/8" Round Spacer, 5/16" OD, Nylon

#2457 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Thanks for reporting the find! BTW Home Depot has an assortment of nylon spacers, I'd check there.
#10 x 3/8" Round Spacer, 5/16" OD, Nylon

Thanks. The internal spacer (part # 27) is Aluminum. So I figured I'd just call JJP. But in a pinch it's good to know HD has them! : )

#2458 4 years ago

I searched the thread but couldn't find anything like this. Either I'm dumb and misunderstanding how the Black Pearl ramp works, or my gate was installed backward. It seemed like the only function of the gate was to reject shots up the ramp and send them STDM. My game also never used the wireform return. I turned the gate around, which makes it behave the way that makes sense to me. The picture is how it came from the factory.

20200112_172010360_iOS (resized).jpg20200112_172010360_iOS (resized).jpg
#2459 4 years ago
Quoted from bbulkley:

I turned the gate around, which makes it behave the way that makes sense to me.

You are correct. It should let balls up the ramp, and any trying to go back down are diverted to the wireform.

LTG : )

#2460 4 years ago
Quoted from bbulkley:

I searched the thread but couldn't find anything like this. Either I'm dumb and misunderstanding how the Black Pearl ramp works, or my gate was installed backward. It seemed like the only function of the gate was to reject shots up the ramp and send them STDM. My game also never used the wireform return. I turned the gate around, which makes it behave the way that makes sense to me. The picture is how it came from the factory.[quoted image]

Hello? Australia? It's all backwards there. You didn't finish the conversion...

For the thread record, here's a picture of proper US gate installation:
gate_area (resized).jpggate_area (resized).jpg

#2461 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Hello? Australia? It's all backwards there. You didn't finish the conversion...

Groan! Take your upvote.

#2462 4 years ago
Quoted from bbulkley:

Groan! Take your upvote.

If you're expecting more than groaners, you obviously haven't been in the colorDMD thread, either.

#2463 4 years ago

Hi everyone,
So I've had an ongoing problem that I don't know what to do or if it is just that way on pinball machines. It has happened off and on but today it occurred twice in one game. When a ball goes back up towards the one-way gate at the I lane, it manages to go past the gate and drain. I did my best to take a video of re-creating it. Is this normal for a one-way gate and just part of the game or is it something else that I'm missing?

#2464 4 years ago
Quoted from Heater:

Hi everyone,
So I've had an ongoing problem that I don't know what to do or if it is just that way on pinball machines. It has happened off and on but today it occurred twice in one game. When a ball goes back up towards the one-way gate at the I lane, it manages to go past the gate and drain. I did my best to take a video of re-creating it. Is this normal for a one-way gate and just part of the game or is it something else that I'm missing?

It happens to me occasionally too. I think it's just part of it. Sometimes the ball hits the gate & bounces off, causing the gate to bounce up, and then the ball immediately bounces back the other way to go through the gate in the split second of time the gate has bounced up.

#2465 4 years ago

I dont think it should happen often although it will happen. Might check your left and right level. I could see being off making the issue more apparent.

#2466 4 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

I dont think it should happen often although it will happen. Might check your left and right level. I could see being off making the issue more apparent.

I've doubled checked the level, it's spot on. Guess I'll just chalk it up to the natural order of things!

#2467 4 years ago

POTC is my first and only game I have purchased. So far I have fixed a few things, changed out the balls a few times, replaced a few sling and flipper rubbers and cleaned/waxed it a few times. It has 2300 games played on it. It is still running great.

Aside from cleaning/waxing and ball replacement periodically. Is there any other preventative maintenance that I should be doing to the machine? Or now is it more of a fix when I notice something isn’t working type thing?

#2468 4 years ago

Coil sleeves every now and again is a good idea.

#2469 4 years ago
Quoted from JRBBRJ:

POTC is my first and only game I have purchased. So far I have fixed a few things, changed out the balls a few times, replaced a few sling and flipper rubbers and cleaned/waxed it a few times. It has 2300 games played on it. It is still running great.
Aside from cleaning/waxing and ball replacement periodically. Is there any other preventative maintenance that I should be doing to the machine? Or now is it more of a fix when I notice something isn’t working type thing?

Check Post #2455 above, and inspect the forklift assembly next time you've got the playfield up. ; )

#2470 4 years ago

For those doing the 220v to 110v conversion, here is all you need: JJP Part #99-000139-00 (Power Box Assy, USA)
The official JJP USA Power Cable is also part #19-009000-00 (Line Power Cable, USA SJT 18 AWG)

It is a complete power wire harness plus outlet/switch cover that will replace the original. For swapping the easiest thing to do is to start by replacing the 220v outlet/switch cover with the new one and then work towards the back of the machine and finally up into the head. As you go, its easiest to remove the old harness connections and immediately replace with the new. Takes about 30 minutes in total.

#2471 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

vireland please add to the index!
PROBLEM: The Depths shoots the ball into the one way gate at the I lane, causing unstoppable drains.
SOLUTION: I tried playing with various settings on the VUK, nothing helped. I returned it to default and taped the one way gate out of the way. Success, not one single drain. So I took a closer look at the gate, and my wife pointed out that the wireform for it was rubbing the light post (see pic.)
I removed it and snipped off a little bit, just enough to keep it from rubbing. This resolved the problem for me.[quoted image]

Interesting fix!

Would adjusting the direction of the light help also?

#2472 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Interesting fix!
Would adjusting the direction of the light help also?

As an addendum - the gate thing helped but did not eliminate the issue. Bending the Depths scoop down a bit seemed to further improve things, speculation is that balls were airborne out of the Depths causing more rattle/bounce than they should have.

Still not 100% but now infrequent enough I might be able to live with it.

#2473 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

As an addendum - the gate thing helped but did not eliminate the issue. Bending the Depths scoop down a bit seemed to further improve things, speculation is that balls were airborne out of the Depths causing more rattle/bounce than they should have.
Still not 100% but now infrequent enough I might be able to live with it.

Vindication! Lol

#2474 4 years ago

Anyone know how to adjust the chest so it releases balls ? Mine won’t release any balls once locked. Thanks.

#2475 4 years ago
Quoted from Vans:

Anyone know how to adjust the chest so it releases balls ? Mine won’t release any balls ones locked. Thanks.

There's a setting on the menu that makes the gate open longer (or shorter), but likely you just need to bend the metal a little closer to the coil on the back side so it gets a better "grab" on the gate to open it and let the balls out.

I'll make a post and add it to the index for the future...

#2476 4 years ago

Problem: Chest won't release balls locked in it.

Solution: Two possibilities (assuming the coil is working):

1. The metal bracket that the coil pulls back to open the gate has bent too far forward, away from the coil that magnetizes to pull it open. So carefully bend the metal in front of the small coil behind the chest so it is closer to the small coil and the coil can "grab" it.

2. There's also a setting on the system menu that lets you change the amount of time the coil holds to let the balls out. Increase the time if the gate is opening, but just not long enough to let the ball out.

3. Some or all of your balls also may be magnetized. Check with a paperclip.

#2477 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

1. The metal bracket that the coil pulls back to open the gate has bent too far forward, away from the coil that magnetizes to pull it open. So carefully bend the metal in front of the small coil behind the chest so it is closer to the small coil and the coil can "grab" it.
2. There's also a setting on the system menu that lets you change the amount of time the coil holds to let the balls out. Increase the time if the gate is opening, but just not long enough to let the ball out.

You mean bend the piece that has a spring on it? Is it easy to bend?

#2478 4 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

You mean bend the piece that has a spring on it? Is it easy to bend?

It's very similar to the ball lock on WoZ when it stops working. You bend the backing part of the bracket a little foreward, which lets the angled piece that's gotten too far away move closer to the coil post (since that piece is angled downward from the piece you're bending). Doesn't take much.

bracket-bend-PotC (resized).jpgbracket-bend-PotC (resized).jpg

#2479 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's very similar to the ball lock on WoZ when it stops working. You bend the backing part of the bracket a little foreward, which lets the angled piece that's gotten too far away move closer to the coil post (since that piece is angled downward from the piece you're bending). Doesn't take much.
[quoted image]

Great info! Thanks!

#2480 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Victor, don't forget about possibility #3 = magnetized balls. That was why my balls would not release from the chest. ; )

#2481 4 years ago

Victor, don't forget about possibility #3 = magnetized balls. That was why my balls would not release from the chest. ; )

Ah yes, the old magnetized balls trick! This is definitely a possibility, although it usually causes ball trough problems, too.

#2482 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Ah yes, the old magnetized balls trick! This is definitely a possibility, although it usually causes ball trough problems, too.

You usually see this in hanes that have exposed magnet cores, not as common with under the playfield ones. I could be wrong but I cant recall any exposed cores.

Check your chest level from left to right (not your game). There should be a slight tilt to the left. Also check to see if your release door is coming up enough to clear the balls quickly.

#2483 4 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

You usually see this in hanes that have exposed magnet cores, not as common with under the playfield ones. I could be wrong but I cant recall any exposed cores.
Check your chest level from left to right (not your game). There should be a slight tilt to the left. Also check to see if your release door is coming up enough to clear the balls quickly.

Murphy's peoples has firsthand experience. He had severely magnetized balls in his machine (which he kindly donated to yours truly for research!). It can happen, especially with as often as the ball is thrown around by the magnet in the chapter select thing next to the chest.

#2484 4 years ago

I believe there is an exposed magnet core on the loop right below the BP

35F8D9B0-185E-430D-8BE5-833125915B7B (resized).png35F8D9B0-185E-430D-8BE5-833125915B7B (resized).png
#2485 4 years ago

You usually see this in hanes that have exposed

I hate seeing anything exposed, in Hanes.

#2486 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I hate seeing anything exposed, in Hanes.

Lol to funny. Christopher always has underwear on his mind (or on his head)

#2487 4 years ago

Problem: map stopped spinning recently. I have less than a half a volt going to it. Also a couple weeks ago the LED light in the start button stop flashing. The bulb does work. I did test that as well and have less than a half of a volt going to that socket too. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

15800835598326378419766934411886 (resized).jpg15800835598326378419766934411886 (resized).jpg15800835791494343534882417466003 (resized).jpg15800835791494343534882417466003 (resized).jpg
#2488 4 years ago
Quoted from dug780:

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I'd reseat connectors from them and back to the I/O board.

Sounds like a weak connection.

#2489 4 years ago
Quoted from dug780:

Problem: map stopped spinning recently. I have less than a half a volt going to it. Also a couple weeks ago the LED light in the start button stop flashing. The bulb does work. I did test that as well and have less than a half of a volt going to that socket too. Any help would be greatly appreciated![quoted image][quoted image]

This happened to me once and with LTG’s help it was one of the fuses in the back box.

#2490 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

This happened to me once and with LTG’s help it was one of the fuses in the back box.

Why is LTG running aroung sabotaging fuses in random backboxes?

The man does get around...

#2491 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Why is LTG running aroung sabotaging fuses in random backboxes?

The man does get around...

It wasn't random. It was because of the missing "B".

#2492 4 years ago
Quoted from dug780:

Problem: map stopped spinning recently.

Quoted from Yelobird:

it was one of the fuses in the back box.

Please pull and check fuses on the I/O board with an ohm meter. F709, F713, and F714. These are the small 20mm fuses. Don't trust the LED by them. If partially blown they could be pulling ohms and dragging voltage down.

#2493 4 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

I believe there is an exposed magnet core on the loop right below the BP[quoted image]

Yep, I stand corrected.

#2494 4 years ago

I had a problem with the left spinner getting stuck and ball also getting stuck behind it. After inspection I notice they were both hitting 2 areas of the plastic mold.

So I took off, used a blade and spins freely now....also the right spinner was still getting stuck by the screw, so I snipped it with Electrical cutter. Everything works great now. You don't even notice the trim job once it's installed - forgot to take a picture of that, but trust me.

IMG-5368 (resized).jpgIMG-5368 (resized).jpgIMG-5373 (resized).jpgIMG-5373 (resized).jpgIMG-5375 (resized).jpgIMG-5375 (resized).jpgIMG-5376 (resized).jpgIMG-5376 (resized).jpgIMG-5377 (resized).jpgIMG-5377 (resized).jpgIMG-5378 (resized).jpgIMG-5378 (resized).jpgIMG-5379 (resized).jpgIMG-5379 (resized).jpgIMG-5383 (resized).jpgIMG-5383 (resized).jpg
#2495 4 years ago

Oh my... there's soooo much to read here, so nobody needs to respond until I go through the initial links at the beginning of this main post.... here was the post I put on the wrong board, now that I just got my NIB POTC CE #138 --- again, no need to reply unless you're itching to, because I'll read the initial links...

POTC CE 138 Unboxing / Setup Report with some images:

Finally got my NIB (then modded, then shipped) POTC CE #138 yesterday - after paying $16,500 for it and wiring $29K to someone (also a Wonka Ce) on 11/13/2019 - I've been unpacking things, putting them together, reading up, and finally booted it last night and played two games. Here's a link to the photo album:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/BqyW3VBw25A3tCnCA

So far - and forgive me for not knowing all the lingo, I'm clueless...

* FIXED (sorta - would like it to be better) my left lane wire ramp isn't lined up - not just left and right (fixed), but front to back (still off) - trying to loosen nuts but still doesn't want to move...
* my starfield (the JJP one) and starfield mod aren't working, the mod has a few lights illuminate, the JJP one has the green light on but no testing shows the lights... UPDATE - still not working
* the screen was dropped and backglass paint is scratched - I opened the backbox and tried adjusting but it won't sit at the right level, argh... UPDATE - still not fixed, we adjusted the bolts for the screen, did our best, but it seems the monitor arm itself is possibly bent, and that paint is still off...
* Does the ship in the back left corner do anything? Seems like it opens or shakes or something, but no movement?
* I had the chest mod installed as well as others, but the chest at first didn't release the balls so I adjusted the 'release arm' (?) and it works fine now... the next thing is that it never opens/closes - it has a motor, it's the mod, but I'm not sure what I need to do.
* That ship in a bottle topper sure is loud... I know I can adjust brightness and speeds.
* When sliding the playfield back in it doesn't want to go all the way back to sit nicely, it seems to barely fit, and in doing that when I dropped it in one of the orange plastic pieces on the left lane flew into the air, guess I need a new one of those... no, there are no foam blocks back there, it just seems the cord covers (black hoses) are stretched out a bit and are getting caught up a bit.
* I've played quite a bit (minutes, not games) on 'super easy' 5-ball mode with the 15 second ball save... gotten to wizard mode in just a few games, but from what I understand that's coming (and I'll add everyone's LOL here because it seems people are waiting, and waiting for things)... in all this time of play everything else seems to be working pretty well... just not that chest mod, the starfield, the balls coming off the black pearl were getting caught on the ladder wire redirector thing.

This, of all the pins is pretty incredible... I can see how people get really hooked... I love the idea of 'tips' or instructions on how to play while lighting up the correct playfield lights... I'd even like a voice narrated training session - "this time, we're going to focus on ____" - even adding to that a mode that's 'training mode' - I can hear it now "we're going to focus only on this target/ramp, I'll continue launching balls and you see how many times you can hit this target in one minute"... once you get past a certain amount then "okay, now we're going to focus on this target/ramp then this target/ramp as a combo mode - you'll need to hit this to get ____". That would be really awesome!

Really wish someone in Phoenix with great knowledge of this game would come over and check it out and let me know what's working/not working as it should. This is my 7th.. went from Bride of Pinbot, added Whitewater, Simpsons Pinball Party, Woz 75th Ruby Red, Road Show, Hobbit Smaug, now POTC CE, and 8th pin - Wonka CE - arrives on Thursday... since then I've sold Whitewater, TSPP... really do miss that Whitewater. I'm addicted, love them, but really need to start knowing more and caring more and understanding more!

Thanks everyone!
Ben

#2496 4 years ago
Quoted from benbethel:

Really wish someone in Phoenix with great knowledge of this game would come over and check it out and let me know what's working/not working as it should.

Your first call really should have been to the distributor you bought it from. That is the job of the distributor, to help the customer out. Thankfully there is a community to help you (here on pinside).

Quoted from benbethel:

* the screen was dropped and backglass paint is scratched - I opened the backbox and tried adjusting but it won't sit at the right level, argh... UPDATE - still not fixed, we adjusted the bolts for the screen, did our best, but it seems the monitor arm itself is possibly bent, and that paint is still off...

some of the people have made small blocks that the monitor sits on so it stays level. all of the Wonka games come with metal supports from the factory to correct this behavior.

Quoted from benbethel:

* Does the ship in the back left corner do anything? Seems like it opens or shakes or something, but no movement?

Yes, it rocks back and forth. Have you removed all of the shipping foam from the game? the one that is mounted in the back of the cabinet as well? with the playfield moved out a bit, go into the test menu and then activate the ship. it is possible that you have a wire off, or the ship is binding somehow.

#2497 4 years ago
Quoted from benbethel:

* I had the chest mod installed as well as others, but the chest at first didn't release the balls so I adjusted the 'release arm' (?) and it works fine now... the next thing is that it never opens/closes - it has a motor, it's the mod, but I'm not sure what I need to do.

If the forks are rising to let the balls get into the chest, you likely just need to adjust the switch arm (bend out a bit more) under the playfield that the fork "rollers" go over so they activate the switch and the chest mode is then aware of whether it should be open or closed.

Quoted from benbethel:

* When sliding the playfield back in it doesn't want to go all the way back to sit nicely, it seems to barely fit, and in doing that when I dropped it in one of the orange plastic pieces on the left lane flew into the air, guess I need a new one of those... no, there are no foam blocks back there, it just seems the cord covers (black hoses) are stretched out a bit and are getting caught up a bit.

Sounds like you didn't get all the shipping foam out of the cabinet. There's a giant square screwed to the back inside of the cabinet that will cause what you're seeing. Check the index on post one of this thread. It has a link to a post explaining what you need to do.

#2498 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If the forks are rising to let the balls get into the chest, you likely just need to adjust the switch arm (bend out a bit more) under the playfield that the fork "rollers" go over so they activate the switch and the chest mode is then aware of whether it should be open or closed.

Sounds like you didn't get all the shipping foam out of the cabinet. There's a giant square screwed to the back inside of the cabinet that will cause what you're seeing. Check the index on post one of this thread. It has a link to a post explaining what you need to do.

I had, and I recall a few other owners, major pains with the lockdown bar and hooks being all kinds of fubar. He might have to adjust the receiver ultimately....

#2499 4 years ago
Quoted from benbethel:

Oh my... there's soooo much to read here, so nobody needs to respond until I go through the initial links at the beginning of this main post.... here was the post I put on the wrong board, now that I just got my NIB POTC CE #138 --- again, no need to reply unless you're itching to, because I'll read the initial links...
Finally got my NIB (then modded, then shipped) POTC CE #138 yesterday - after paying $16,500 for it and wiring $29K to someone (also a Wonka Ce) on 11/13/2019 - I've been unpacking things, putting them together, reading up, and finally booted it last night and played two games. Here's a link to the photo album:
* FIXED (sorta - would like it to be better) my left lane wire ramp isn't lined up - not just left and right (fixed), but front to back (still off) - trying to loosen nuts but still doesn't want to move...
* my starfield (the JJP one) and starfield mod aren't working, the mod has a few lights illuminate, the JJP one has the green light on but no testing shows the lights... UPDATE - still not working
* That ship in a bottle topper sure is loud... I know I can adjust brightness and speeds.
* I've played quite a bit (minutes, not games) on 'super easy' 5-ball mode with the 15 second ball save... gotten to wizard mode in just a few games, but from what I understand that's coming (and I'll add everyone's LOL here because it seems people are waiting, and waiting for things)... in all this time of play everything else seems to be working pretty well... just not that chest mod, the starfield, the balls coming off the black pearl were getting caught on the ladder wire redirector thing.
This, of all the pins is pretty incredible... I can see how people get really hooked... I love the idea of 'tips' or instructions on how to play while lighting up the correct playfield lights... I'd even like a voice narrated training session - "this time, we're going to focus on ___" - even adding to that a mode that's 'training mode' - I can hear it now "we're going to focus only on this target/ramp, I'll continue launching balls and you see how many times you can hit this target in one minute"... once you get past a certain amount then "okay, now we're going to focus on this target/ramp then this target/ramp as a combo mode - you'll need to hit this to get ___". That would be really awesome!
Really wish someone in Phoenix with great knowledge of this game would come over and check it out and let me know what's working/not working as it should. This is my 7th.. went from Bride of Pinbot, added Whitewater, Simpsons Pinball Party, Woz 75th Ruby Red, Road Show, Hobbit Smaug, now POTC CE, and 8th pin - Wonka CE - arrives on Thursday... since then I've sold Whitewater, TSPP... really do miss that Whitewater. I'm addicted, love them, but really need to start knowing more and caring more and understanding more!
Thanks everyone!
Ben

Which ship are you referring to? If it’s the target ship in the back left then it is not motorized and only rocks a bit when it’s smacked by a missed shot from the Black Pearl ship in the back right. No motor on it. If you’re referring to the Black Pearl with the upper playfield that shoots at the other ship then yes it’s motorized and rocks.

#2500 4 years ago
Quoted from benbethel:

This, of all the pins is pretty incredible... I can see how people get really hooked... I love the idea of 'tips' or instructions on how to play while lighting up the correct playfield lights... I'd even like a voice narrated training session - "this time, we're going to focus on ___" - even adding to that a mode that's 'training mode' - I can hear it now "we're going to focus only on this target/ramp, I'll continue launching balls and you see how many times you can hit this target in one minute"... once you get past a certain amount then "okay, now we're going to focus on this target/ramp then this target/ramp as a combo mode - you'll need to hit this to get ___". That would be really awesome!
Thanks everyone!
Ben

For the chest mod there’s a thread with a lot of troubleshooting here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpotc-treasure-chest-open-and-close

And I like the idea of a target practice mode. That would be great!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

29,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Wanted
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

There are 3,538 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 71.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpirates-of-the-caribbean-troubleshooting-tips-issues/page/50?hl=zaphx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.