Oh my... there's soooo much to read here, so nobody needs to respond until I go through the initial links at the beginning of this main post.... here was the post I put on the wrong board, now that I just got my NIB POTC CE #138 --- again, no need to reply unless you're itching to, because I'll read the initial links...
POTC CE 138 Unboxing / Setup Report with some images:
Finally got my NIB (then modded, then shipped) POTC CE #138 yesterday - after paying $16,500 for it and wiring $29K to someone (also a Wonka Ce) on 11/13/2019 - I've been unpacking things, putting them together, reading up, and finally booted it last night and played two games. Here's a link to the photo album:
So far - and forgive me for not knowing all the lingo, I'm clueless...
* FIXED (sorta - would like it to be better) my left lane wire ramp isn't lined up - not just left and right (fixed), but front to back (still off) - trying to loosen nuts but still doesn't want to move...
* my starfield (the JJP one) and starfield mod aren't working, the mod has a few lights illuminate, the JJP one has the green light on but no testing shows the lights... UPDATE - still not working
* the screen was dropped and backglass paint is scratched - I opened the backbox and tried adjusting but it won't sit at the right level, argh... UPDATE - still not fixed, we adjusted the bolts for the screen, did our best, but it seems the monitor arm itself is possibly bent, and that paint is still off...
* Does the ship in the back left corner do anything? Seems like it opens or shakes or something, but no movement?
* I had the chest mod installed as well as others, but the chest at first didn't release the balls so I adjusted the 'release arm' (?) and it works fine now... the next thing is that it never opens/closes - it has a motor, it's the mod, but I'm not sure what I need to do.
* That ship in a bottle topper sure is loud... I know I can adjust brightness and speeds.
* When sliding the playfield back in it doesn't want to go all the way back to sit nicely, it seems to barely fit, and in doing that when I dropped it in one of the orange plastic pieces on the left lane flew into the air, guess I need a new one of those... no, there are no foam blocks back there, it just seems the cord covers (black hoses) are stretched out a bit and are getting caught up a bit.
* I've played quite a bit (minutes, not games) on 'super easy' 5-ball mode with the 15 second ball save... gotten to wizard mode in just a few games, but from what I understand that's coming (and I'll add everyone's LOL here because it seems people are waiting, and waiting for things)... in all this time of play everything else seems to be working pretty well... just not that chest mod, the starfield, the balls coming off the black pearl were getting caught on the ladder wire redirector thing.
This, of all the pins is pretty incredible... I can see how people get really hooked... I love the idea of 'tips' or instructions on how to play while lighting up the correct playfield lights... I'd even like a voice narrated training session - "this time, we're going to focus on ____" - even adding to that a mode that's 'training mode' - I can hear it now "we're going to focus only on this target/ramp, I'll continue launching balls and you see how many times you can hit this target in one minute"... once you get past a certain amount then "okay, now we're going to focus on this target/ramp then this target/ramp as a combo mode - you'll need to hit this to get ____". That would be really awesome!
Really wish someone in Phoenix with great knowledge of this game would come over and check it out and let me know what's working/not working as it should. This is my 7th.. went from Bride of Pinbot, added Whitewater, Simpsons Pinball Party, Woz 75th Ruby Red, Road Show, Hobbit Smaug, now POTC CE, and 8th pin - Wonka CE - arrives on Thursday... since then I've sold Whitewater, TSPP... really do miss that Whitewater. I'm addicted, love them, but really need to start knowing more and caring more and understanding more!