8A79C258-2737-4892-A6D4-1D5066382A11 (resized).jpeg
D2C5269F-CC9C-4059-B008-7183A9656384 (resized).jpeg
19CB3A9A-2767-4CD7-AA0D-2EAC9D4E8C1B (resized).jpeg
AD9CE6FE-FBDD-40E0-A404-AF37E2A257CD (resized).jpeg
no light 2 (resized).jpg
no light (resized).jpg
IMG_20220709_120144 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

29 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 3,538 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 71.
#2101 4 years ago
Quoted from V4Vendetta:

My action button is sticking like everyone else. I saw a post with a link to a stern button that fixed this issue. Does anyone have the link by chance?

Isn’t it just a regular flipper button? What’s the actual issue, mine isn’t sticking

#2103 4 years ago
Quoted from V4Vendetta:

My action button is sticking like everyone else. I saw a post with a link to a stern button that fixed this issue. Does anyone have the link by chance?

https://www.pinballlife.com/1-38-clear-pushbutton-for-stern-lockdown-bars.html

#2104 4 years ago
Quoted from Skipnatty:

Apologies as I couldn't find this while searching so if it's here, I missed it....anyone have issues with the fork mech where it will raise just fine but after making a lock which should lower the forks, they stay up?
On my game, occasionally the latch will release as expected but the forks don't actually lower. When I check the mech out, it just seems there is a ton of friction in trying to move the forks down but not necessarily up...they aren't travelling too far up from what I can tell because in the lock position they travel just above the latch that locks them in place.
Appreciate any thoughts. Thanks again.

When the mech lowers the fork, it first raises UP slightly to do so. I had the coil misaligned at one point (after messing with it, my own fault) and it was causing the forks to stick up as you describe. It became extremely hot while stuck in this way too, FYI.

#2105 4 years ago
Quoted from Skipnatty:

Apologies as I couldn't find this while searching so if it's here, I missed it....anyone have issues with the fork mech where it will raise just fine but after making a lock which should lower the forks, they stay up?
On my game, occasionally the latch will release as expected but the forks don't actually lower. When I check the mech out, it just seems there is a ton of friction in trying to move the forks down but not necessarily up...they aren't travelling too far up from what I can tell because in the lock position they travel just above the latch that locks them in place.
Appreciate any thoughts. Thanks again.

Are they possibly rubbing on the slots in the playfield? You should be able to move the mech enough to stop the rubbing.

Quoted from V4Vendetta:

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/515-7791-00

#2106 4 years ago

Unfortunately this behavior occurs with the forks either mounted on the playfield as they would be during game play or with the mech unmounted from the playfield and testing outside of game play with finger pressure moving the mech.

I'll check the alignment to see if there's something there as a first glance

#2108 4 years ago
Quoted from Skipnatty:

I'll check the alignment to see if there's something there as a first glance

Lift playfield up and lean back. Are the screws/rollers on the sides on and tight ? Mech move freely up and down ? Centered in the slots in the playfield and not rubbing on one side. Fork mech at top of plunger - are the two screws on tight ?

LTG : )

#2109 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Lift playfield up and lean back. Are the screws/rollers on the sides on and tight ? Mech move freely up and down ? Centered in the slots in the playfield and not rubbing on one side. Fork mech at top of plunger - are the two screws on tight ?

I'll check all that as well, thanks LTG! Some I've checked recently, some not...will go thru the checklist.

#2110 4 years ago
Quoted from Skipnatty:

I'll check all that as well, thanks LTG! Some I've checked recently, some not...will go thru the checklist.

All things check out except mech doesn't really move freely up and down, it's a bit choppy in its movement if I move it by hand. Screws are all there and tight.

Is there an idea around how far under the playfield the forks should be sitting while in the down position so as to calibrate how far up they throw when activated? There's essentially a "point of no return" where if I push the forks up too high, releasing the clasp does nothing and they don't fall to their home position.

#2111 4 years ago
Quoted from Skipnatty:

All things check out except mech doesn't really move freely up and down, it's a bit choppy in its movement if I move it by hand. Screws are all there and tight.
Is there an idea around how far under the playfield the forks should be sitting while in the down position so as to calibrate how far up they throw when activated? There's essentially a "point of no return" where if I push the forks up too high, releasing the clasp does nothing and they don't fall to their home position.

As HH pointed out you may need to do some careful bending to the forks so they are centered on the slots. You know you are there when they do not hit the sides and it moves freely. Until that happens it will never work perfectly.

#2112 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

As HH pointed out you may need to do some careful bending to the forks so they are centered on the slots. You know you are there when they do not hit the sides and it moves freely. Until that happens it will never work perfectly.

Sounds good, I didn't really interpret that in that manner so I appreciate the added context.

#2113 4 years ago

Rumors being posted about JJP running out of POTC parts and not going to produce any more. Has anyone heard or been told this by JJP?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pirates-le-screen-display-issue-after-code-update-how-to-fix/page/2#post-5212128

#2114 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Rumors being posted about JJP running out of POTC parts and not going to produce any more. Has anyone heard or been told this by JJP?
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pirates-le-screen-display-issue-after-code-update-how-to-fix/page/2#post-5212128

Makes sense - if they don’t have plans to produce the game any longer, they may not have interest in dealing with parts. Really too bad. Maybe there is an aftermarket place for this?

I recently called about replacing my apron guard, and was told the part is out of stock but they intend to get it to me (I’m pretty sure it’s the same part as on TH and WOZ though)

#2115 4 years ago

JJP POTC PLAYFIELD "BANDAID" GUIDE

Was thinking about making this a new post but decided to squeeze it in here instead. This will be a longer one.

First of all, I was one of those who got a call from Jack after I filed a claim through their website and supplied photos of my Collector's Edition pooled and chipped playfield.

Backstory: Before I ordered my POTC CE through Joe Newhart I asked Joe what would happen should my CE look like the CE that I had just played (January 2019) at the Durham Boxcar Barcade before I picked up the phone to order one from Joe.

That one at Boxcar showed heavy pooling in multiple places.

I made it clear that I would not take the risk of purchasing should the situation not be under control and should there be no adequate support. I was told that SINCE it was the Collector's Edition I would be experiencing preferred treatment should anything happen in regards to the playfield.

Now here we are, I own a heavily pooled POTC CE, in one place there is chipping and I have Jack on the phone.

And he said his piece, offered me a new playfield. I kindly explained that not him, nor Joe nor I myself will have the time to install a playfield here at my house and that the offer is not good enough as it has no immediate value, having the playfield repopulated would cost me a further expense of at least US$1000 and why should these US$1000 come out of MY pocket?! There is three parties involved here and I am the one taking the biggest hit??

To say that we had a discussion would be an exaggeration. He said his piece, offered me a new playfield and would not reply nor react to my concerns. Instead he wished me a good day an hung up.

Joe was on a well deserved vacation and I made sure to contact him and Jack via email. I shared, twice, my concerns with Joe, that offering a playfield is unacceptable for a Collector's Edition customer who paid such a premium and was promised preferred treatment should EXACTLY this happen. When I emailed Joe I had JJP in the CC to keep it fair and transparent. They did not address my concerns.

Instead I was told that the replacement playfield is being made in the near future and will be coming my way. Oh, good to know.....a one sided agreement, that is new to me.

Now, I have never been treated by a company like that before. A complete one-way conversation with a one-way solution at a 12.5k pricepoint. They did not try nor want to discuss with me what I would feel an adequate solution would be. I was force fed their preferred solution.

So be it. I'm a quick learner.

Let's tackle that playfield as I sure as heck will NOT do a swap.

First I ordered that Iron that you guys recommended, was it Vireland or Houdini?

iron (resized).JPGiron (resized).JPG

I then got, from https://www.microfasteners.com/neoprene-bonded-steel-washers.html their size 10 rubber-backed washers.

Rubber washer 10 (resized).jpgRubber washer 10 (resized).jpg

From Jersey Jack their POTC post kit (Thank you JJP, you guys sent it out next day and it was here in no-time, now THAT is service!!!)

jjp bulletin service kit (resized).jpgjjp bulletin service kit (resized).jpg

Both slings were pooled, the left one had a nasty chip. I'm only showing the left side to make it at least a bit shorter of a post.

I removed the posts.

pooling left slings (resized).JPGpooling left slings (resized).JPG

And that showed me how much that pooling had pulled the paint and clear back

how pooling pulls back (resized).JPGhow pooling pulls back (resized).JPG

Now it was time to heat up that iron and press down for only a few second.

flattened left slings (resized).jpgflattened left slings (resized).jpg

Hard to see but the pooling was completely flattened, all that was left was the slight indent of the post in the wood. NICE!

Of course there was little I could do about the chipping.

flattened left sling chipped post (resized).JPGflattened left sling chipped post (resized).JPG

But I was going to install the star posts and washers that JJP supplied

installed slings (resized).jpginstalled slings (resized).jpg

NICE!!!!!

Now for the posts:

There are two kind, the ones that end in Blind Nuts (short posts) and the ones that go through the playfield, show a washer and Lock Nut under the playfield (long posts). Those are typically the ones that are to be moved in and out to close and open the outlanes.

Heavy pooling in all locations on the lower part of the playfield.

pooling mystery (resized).JPGpooling mystery (resized).JPG

etc....

For the short ones (ending in the Blind Nuts) I used the small plastic washers that JJP supplied as there was no room to add the rubber-backed ones.

First step flattening, the pooling again was completely gone, only the indent wood remained

flattened mystery (resized).jpgflattened mystery (resized).jpg

Then I added the JJP washers

Outlanepost with JJP washer (resized).JPGOutlanepost with JJP washer (resized).JPG

post with JJP washer (resized).jpgpost with JJP washer (resized).jpg

For the adjustable posts (long) I used the rubber-backer #10 washers.

long outlane posts with rubber washer (resized).jpglong outlane posts with rubber washer (resized).jpg

Pooling

left outlane pooling (resized).jpgleft outlane pooling (resized).jpg

Flattened

flattened left outlane posts (resized).JPGflattened left outlane posts (resized).JPG

Install

installed left outlane posts (resized).JPGinstalled left outlane posts (resized).JPG

Done and I am happy with it.

To make it clear as I know that some of you will already be foaming at the mouth:

Crap happens! And I know it. It happens in my line of work all the time, Murphy's law is in full effect - always.

Now it is up to the manufacturer and dealer on how to make it right by the customer.

It was disappointing is that I as an owner of a Collector's Edition - who even brought THIS EXACT scenario up before purchase - got the standard treatment, no discussion. We did not even agree on anything, they "agreed for me"

Again, I am fine with the way the playfield repair turned out, I can now look at my POTC and smile again, all is forgotten when it comes to the pinball itself. What I am not fine with is this "Collector's Edition" experience that I had the pleasure to experience.

#2116 4 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

Was thinking about making this a new post but decided to squeeze it in here instead. This will be a longer one.
First of all, I was one of those who got a call from Jack after I filed a claim through their website and supplied photos of my Collector's Edition pooled and chipped playfield.
Backstory: Before I ordered my POTC CE through Joe Newhart I asked Joe what would happen should my CE look like the CE that I had just played (January 2019) at the Durham Boxcar Barcade before I picked up the phone to order one from Joe.
I made it clear that I would not take the risk of purchasing should the situation not be under control and should there be no adequate support. I was told that SINCE it was the Collector's Edition I would be experiencing preferred treatment should anything happen in regards to the playfield.
Now here we are, I own a heavily pooled POTC CE, in one place there is chipping and I have Jack on the phone.
And he said his piece, offered me a new playfield. I kindly explained that not him, nor Joe nor I myself will have the time to install a playfield here at my house and that the offer is not good enough as it has no immediate value, having the playfield repopulated would cost me a further expense of at least US$1000 and why should these US$1000 come out of MY pocket?! There is three parties involved here and I am the one taking the biggest hit??
To say that we had a discussion would be an exaggeration. He said his piece, offered me a new playfield and would not reply nor react to my concerns. Instead he wished me a good day an hung up.
Joe was on a well deserved vacation and I made sure to contact him and Jack via email. I shared, twice, my concerns with Joe, that offering a playfield is unacceptable for a Collector's Edition customer who paid such a premium and was promised preferred treatment should EXACTLY this happen. When I emailed Joe I had JJP in the CC to keep it fair and transparent. They did not address my concerns.
Instead I was told that the replacement playfield is being made in the near future and will be coming my way. Oh, good to know.....a one sided agreement, that is new to me.
Now, I have never been treated by a company like that before. A complete one-way conversation with a one-way solution at a 12.5k pricepoint. They did not try nor want to discuss with me what I would feel an adequate solution would be. I was force fed their preferred solution.
First I ordered that Iron that you guys recommended, was it Vireland or Houdini?
[quoted image]
I then got, from https://www.microfasteners.com/neoprene-bonded-steel-washers.html their size 10 rubber-backed washers.
[quoted image]
From Jersey Jack their POTC post kit (Thank you JJP, you guys sent it out next day and it was here in no-time, now THAT is service!!!)
[quoted image]
Both slings were pooled, the left one had a nasty chip. I'm only showing the left side to make it at least a bit shorter of a post.
I removed the posts.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Hard to see but the pooling was completely flattened, all that was left was the slight indent of the post in the wood. NICE!
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
NICE!!!!!
Now for the posts:
There are two kind, the ones that end in Blind Nuts (short posts) and the ones that go through the playfield, show a washer and Lock Nut under the playfield (long posts). Those are typically the ones that are to be moved in and out to close and open the outlanes.
[quoted image]
etc....
For the short ones (ending in the Blind Nuts) I used the small plastic washers that JJP supplied as there was no room to add the rubber-backed ones.
First step flattening, the pooling again was completely gone, only the indent wood remained
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Pooling
[quoted image]
Flattened
[quoted image]
Install
[quoted image]
To make it clear as I know that some of you will already be foaming at the mouth:
Crap happens! And I know it. It happens in my line of work all the time, Murphy's law is in full effect - always.
Now it is up to the manufacturer and dealer on how to make it right by the customer.
It was disappointing is that I as an owner of a Collector's Edition - who even brought THIS EXACT scenario up before purchase - got the standard treatment, no discussion. We did not even agree on anything, they "agreed for me"
Again, I am fine with the way the playfield repair turned out, I can now look at my POTC and smile again, all is forgotten when it comes to the pinball itself. What I am not fine with is this "Collector's Edition" experience that I had the pleasure to experience.

Glad to see it worked for you. I have since tested the hardness in that area with a shore hardness tester and it proved much harder granted not a scientific test. One add on thing I did (which I have not finished testing) is after using the iron I used a UV curing lamp (for nails) placed over the spots. That Drastically hardened the areas but I will add detailed info to the link I already started on the DIY thread.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diy-playfield-post-repair-and-chip-proofing-how-to-all-brands

FYI, would love your feedback on that thread to help others. Many have a fear of the word "Iron" which should more be considered a "Press".

#2117 4 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
I removed the posts.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
NICE!!!!!
Now for the posts:
[quoted image]
etc....
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Pooling
[quoted image]
Flattened
[quoted image]
Install
[quoted image]

Got one too! It worked great on my Beatles Gold with pooling - which was out of warranty. Looking forward to seeing YeloBirds UV curing lamp as well.

pinball iron (resized).jpgpinball iron (resized).jpg
#2118 4 years ago
Quoted from MurphyPeoples:

Got one too! It worked great on my Beatles Gold with pooling - which was out of warranty. Looking forward to seeing YeloBirds UV curing lamp as well.[quoted image]

HEY! For the Record, its my Wifes curing lamp!! I haven't done my nails in Years!! lol

#2119 4 years ago

Does anyone know yet if this issue is due to too short of a cure time, or if it’s a crap clear composition?

#2120 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Does anyone know yet if this issue is due to too short of a cure time, or if it’s a crap clear composition?

Only based on My machine (in this case a Wonka and Beatles) the areas where the clear was directly on wood I have no pooling. Wood to ink print with clear over.....Thats another story. They are all pooled or indented. Not saying thats the case for JJP for certain but from what I have seen and fixed if there is art under the clear its a swimming pool.

#2121 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Only based on My machine (in this case a Wonka and Beatles) the areas where the clear was directly on wood I have no pooling. Wood to ink print with clear over.....Thats another story. They are all pooled or indented. Not saying thats the case for JJP for certain but from what I have seen and fixed if there is art under the clear its a swimming pool.

Interesting. In the JJP POTC thread there seems to be a “fix” for the pooling, but it remains to be seen if it’s permanent, and just from the photos (not certain at all) it appears to affect both bare wood and art printed areas.

#2122 4 years ago

My chest won't release the balls when the multiball starts. Sometimes it release 1 ball but gets stuck but most of times, all 3balls are stuck in the chest.
I've changed the chest release time from 3 to 5 and it still doesn't work. Does anyone know how to fix this?

#2123 4 years ago
Quoted from V4Vendetta:

My chest won't release the balls when the multiball starts. Sometimes it release 1 ball but gets stuck but most of times, all 3balls are stuck in the chest.
I've changed the chest release time from 3 to 5 and it still doesn't work. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Have you tried adjusting (very slightly bending) the metal tab that blocks the balls in the chest so it will open up a bit more? It could be that when the coil pulls back the metal arm that blocks the balls it's not quite moving out of the way enough for the balls to pass by. So you may need to just very, very slightly bend that arm back a bit to give more clearance for the balls to pass by when the arm is pulled back by the coil.

Or could the balls be magnetized?

#2124 4 years ago
Quoted from V4Vendetta:

You very likely have a bent bracket that's too far away from the tiny coil post in the back so the magnetism of the coil can't "grab" the bracket and pull open the "door" blocking the chest exit. Go into test mode with the power pin pulled inside the coin door frame and test that coil while observing the action of pulling the metal bracket. Does it pull it all the way to the coil post?

If not, bend it a little more toward the post.

If so, then instead bend the flap blocking the balls from exiting out a little bit so it's easier for them to leave when the post opens the flap.

But I'm pretty sure your problem is in the back by the coil, not at the side on the flap.

#2125 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Do you sell this? My ramp was cracking, so I removed the metal plate underneath and fitted a gummy on top of screw. Could not wedge gummy in whilst decal metal was there. Now I am getting the odd airball off the entry gate at top of ramp. Not sure why, flipper power, me removing the plate and adding gummy or tightening down screw on right side. It is a crap design and JJP need to send out a support fix to everyone. Maybe I will raise it....

I finished my own ramp support, I posted this in the main pirates thread already.

Link : https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/246#post-5215580

#2126 4 years ago

All right ... I am having an issue with the Pearl losing all lights periodically. I re-inserted the Cat5 cable but didn't remove the Pearl completely, just tried to re-seat the cable. It worked for about half a game then went out again.

I'm reasonably sure this is just the cable, but has anyone else dealt with this?

#2127 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

All right ... I am having an issue with the Pearl losing all lights periodically. I re-inserted the Cat5 cable but didn't remove the Pearl completely, just tried to re-seat the cable. It worked for about half a game then went out again.
I'm reasonably sure this is just the cable, but has anyone else dealt with this?

Is this happening only when Curse of the Black Pearl (movie 1) mulitball has been qualified? Any time the yellow movie 1 multiball insert by the flippers is flashing ready the lights on the Pearl playfield will be out. Just making sure that's not what your seeing because in the past several other people have thought the Pearl's lights were malfunctioning when it was happening by design because that multiball was qualified

#2128 4 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
I removed the posts.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
NICE!!!!!
Now for the posts:
[quoted image]
etc....
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Pooling
[quoted image]
Flattened
[quoted image]
Install
[quoted image]

CE is the model of pin you purchased, not the level of service. That’s the same for everyone. Support from JJP is great AND lacking. You’ll take a loss on resale later, but I’m hoping these ‘rings’ in pf’s stay gone and don’t just spread out past washers.

Frustrating for anyone. Such a fun pin too.

#2129 4 years ago

Where did you guys purchase your irons from?

#2130 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Is this happening only when Curse of the Black Pearl (movie 1) mulitball has been qualified? Any time the yellow movie 1 multiball insert by the flippers is flashing ready the lights on the Pearl playfield will be out. Just making sure that's not what your seeing because in the past several other people have thought the Pearl's lights were malfunctioning when it was happening by design because that multiball was qualified

Nope, they light for a while during the first game and then totally out for the remainder of the game, and do not come back on then or during attract mode.

Once I fiddled with the wiring they came on again for a few minutes, but once I started playing, they were out again. I think the vibrations from the flippers may have knocked something loose. I’ve not pulled the Pearl yet to inspect

#2131 4 years ago
Quoted from V4Vendetta:

Mine did the same.
It turned out that the pads on the lockdown bar had compressed and was allowing the glass to push on the action button. I replaced the original pad with a stiffer, slightly thicker felt pad (like for chair feet) cut to shape. That took care of it for me.

#2132 4 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Where did you guys purchase your irons from?

From post 2116 above all info is in that thread if your interested. Repairing another pair of Wonkas and a POTC today. Almost as fun as playing them! NOT!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diy-playfield-post-repair-and-chip-proofing-how-to-all-brands

#2133 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

From post 2116 above all info is in that thread if your interested. Repairing another pair of Wonkas and a POTC today. Almost as fun as playing them! NOT!

Awesome, Thanks Dave! Is there a risk of the clear pooling again after this fix? I was thinking that cutting the clear around the hole (on the inside part) and securing the area with glue might help the clear stay put for good.

#2134 4 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Awesome, Thanks Dave! Is there a risk of the clear pooling again after this fix? I was thinking that cutting the clear around the hole (on the inside part) and securing the area with glue might help the clear stay put for good.

Personally I would Strongly recommend Not cutting anything as there is No going back from that! For my option and my results a have had it Pressed to gone for close to 2 months now and I see No further issues thus far. No pooling and luckily before any chipping occurred. Time will tell I guess. Rather simple to do though. Not to call them out but one of the distributors requested I give them a full on kit and they have opted to take the initiative themselves to unbox ever game in stock and mend them all to better serve their customers. Rather awesome to see in my book and no easy task.

#2135 4 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

CE is the model of pin you purchased, not the level of service. That’s the same for everyone. Support from JJP is great AND lacking. You’ll take a loss on resale later, but I’m hoping these ‘rings’ in pf’s stay gone and don’t just spread out past washers.
Frustrating for anyone. Such a fun pin too.

Not what Joe Newhart told me BEFORE the sale. You would have to ask him why I was promised CE treatment in the first place then.

It is what he promised JJP would do for CE owners when i brought up my playfield concerns in late January.

That very promise made me purchase that day. I made it clear to him that there would be no deal otherwise. Well.... And here I am now...

Other than that your are spot on.

Should pooling happen again I will remove the washers and posts, run the flattening iron again, then use micro-applicators and will apply extra thin CA to where paint and wood meet. That will do the trick but am hoping I'm getting away without having to do that.

#2136 4 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

Not what Joe Newhart told me BEFORE the sale. You would have to ask him why I was promised CE treatment in the first place then.
It is what he promised JJP would do for CE owners when i brought up my playfield concerns in late January.
That very promise made me purchase that day. I made it clear to him that there would be no deal otherwise. Well.... And here I am now...
Should pooling happen again I will remove the washers and posts, run the flattening iron again, then use micro-applicators and will apply extra thin CA to where paint and wood meet. That will do the trick but am hoping I'm getting away without having to do that.

I"m having trouble following what the problem is - didn't Jack himself personally call you and offer a new playfield? Were you expecting them to provide you a totally populated new playfield that could just be dropped into the game?

#2137 4 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

I’m sorry man, that sucks no matter. Thank you for passing all your info to us pinsiders. Hopefully we can learn from it.

#2138 4 years ago

So I fixed the BP VUK subway issue. Balls were getting lost in there. Used a hair dryer to slightly bend the subway’s extended part down some. I also put target protector foam and washers on the front part to lower it a bit. Balls roll freely towards the VUK now. I also trimmed the bracket on the loop

643C376B-3FB8-4DD5-8189-9FD16E9454FA (resized).jpeg643C376B-3FB8-4DD5-8189-9FD16E9454FA (resized).jpegB160542C-E1EB-4935-BE64-4267A96D7091 (resized).jpegB160542C-E1EB-4935-BE64-4267A96D7091 (resized).jpeg
#2139 4 years ago

Just about to join the club, I see the code is .99 are there more planned releases that me hearties know about?
Is the code pretty much complete? i.e. has all the wizard modes etc?

#2140 4 years ago
Quoted from jrawlinson_2000:

Just about to join the club, I see the code is .99 are there more planned releases that me hearties know about?
Is the code pretty much complete? i.e. has all the wizard modes etc?

Not complete. Haven't seen a timeframe for the next update but were told an update was coming. There is a thread where we've asked for modifications, no word on if any of those will be implemented.

#2141 4 years ago

Test report is saying Chapter select # 2 switch is out. There are no broken wires and there is good contact inside.

This report was with the ship out of the game. Is it possible this switch is out because the ship is not connected to the game? If not, any idea why this is happening?

I also noticed Map 5 is very close to the opto housing. I’m sure the housing gets smacked every time the ball is bouncing around in there. Should I be concerned about this? Thanks!

10D28FF7-58E7-4DE6-BBC9-0C53DB1B6BAE (resized).jpeg10D28FF7-58E7-4DE6-BBC9-0C53DB1B6BAE (resized).jpeg97A88CA2-D2B2-47E5-AC37-E7DF9A6F0780 (resized).jpeg97A88CA2-D2B2-47E5-AC37-E7DF9A6F0780 (resized).jpeg3B0D7B33-3A3E-42C7-91E0-E3BA6BDB9214 (resized).jpeg3B0D7B33-3A3E-42C7-91E0-E3BA6BDB9214 (resized).jpeg
#2142 4 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

I also noticed Map 5 is very close to the opto housing. I’m sure the housing gets smacked every time the ball is bouncing around in there. Should I be concerned about this? Thanks![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

shouldn't that be physically impossible to hit seeing it has a sling post with rubber in front of it?

hmm, maybe if the target was to lean to the right perhaps. Is that what is happening in your pic?
Small bit of hot glue if its loose and realign the switch more left so it doesn't touch.

#2143 4 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

If not, any idea why this is happening?

Hasn't been hit in 10 games or 30 balls.

Tests - Switches Matrixed, push with finger and see what it does.

#2144 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Hasn't been hit in 10 games or 30 balls.
Tests - Switches Matrixed, push with finger and see what it does.

I did use my finger. I removed the plastic above them switches too. I doesn’t register with the finger or ball. The other switches next to it work perfectly btw

#2145 4 years ago
Quoted from koops:

shouldn't that be physically impossible to hit seeing it has a sling post with rubber in front of it?
hmm, maybe if the target was to lean to the right perhaps. Is that what is happening in your pic?
Small bit of hot glue if its loose and realign the switch more left so it doesn't touch.

Maybe. I removed the post to inspect for pooling. I’ll see howe it looks once I put the post back. I still think it will hit the opto every time the ball hits it. We’ll see. I just wanted to make sure that was normal

#2146 4 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

I doesn’t register with the finger or ball

Pull it out, see if it's stuck closed.

If not, check for broken wire below the black pearl. Then a break from target to I/O board.

#2147 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Pull it out, see if it's stuck closed.
If not, check for broken wire below the black pearl. Then a break from target to I/O board.

Great start. I’ll do that. Can you tell me which is the I/O board? Sorry I don’t have the manual yet.

I did check for broken wires on the switch itself and it all looks good. Man, I was hoping not having to take it out. That area down there is very crowded.

#2148 4 years ago

Sorry, I forgot to point out that before removing the ship, the switch was working fine.

#2149 4 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Can you tell me which is the I/O board?

Long rectangular one in the head. With all the fuses and transistors.

Quoted from KornFreak28:

Sorry I don’t have the manual yet.

You can download it from jerseyjackpinball.com - Support - Downloads - Pirates.

Quoted from KornFreak28:

Sorry, I forgot to point out that before removing the ship, the switch was working fine.

Broken wire between targets most likely then.

#2150 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Long rectangular one in the head. With all the fuses and transistors.

You can download it from jerseyjackpinball.com - Support - Downloads - Pirates.

Broken wire between targets most likely then.

I’ll start my investigation later tonight. Thanks Lloyd!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Wanted
$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

29,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 3,538 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 71.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpirates-of-the-caribbean-troubleshooting-tips-issues/page/43?hl=thc666 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.