8A79C258-2737-4892-A6D4-1D5066382A11 (resized).jpeg
D2C5269F-CC9C-4059-B008-7183A9656384 (resized).jpeg
19CB3A9A-2767-4CD7-AA0D-2EAC9D4E8C1B (resized).jpeg
AD9CE6FE-FBDD-40E0-A404-AF37E2A257CD (resized).jpeg
no light 2 (resized).jpg
no light (resized).jpg
IMG_20220709_120144 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

29 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 3,536 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 71.
#2001 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You put mylar over mylar? There's already mylar on the Black Pearl there from the factory...

Quoted from gumnut01:

Mine didn’t.

You think im stupid lol.. it didn't have any there which i thought was odd considering everywhere else did and that area gets hit alot.

#2002 4 years ago
Quoted from koops:

I know this is old but I assume that was the last update for this issue?
I checked mine tonight and found I had the same thing. I could see very fine plastic cracks so I had to do something about it.
I solved it by sanding 5mm off the offending post itself. I also trimmed the switch while I was there and put washers under the posts.
Screwed down the lowest one and then the star post so that they had even pressure now they have that uneven metal cover.
Heaps of space now!
[quoted image][quoted image]
Was able to adjust the angle that it hits the ship with by playing with the screw that goes into the hex bolt. It’s now smoother than factory

The problem is, that contact point is one of the supports for the ramp. Without it, you're putting much more pressure on the connector on the opposite side near the top. I ended up 3D printing a support to help the left side. The support system for that ramp is really poorly designed IMO.

#2003 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The problem is, that contact point is one of the supports for the ramp. Without it, you're putting much more pressure on the connector on the opposite side near the top. I ended up 3D printing a support to help the left side. The support system for that ramp is really poorly designed IMO.

Do you sell this? My ramp was cracking, so I removed the metal plate underneath and fitted a gummy on top of screw. Could not wedge gummy in whilst decal metal was there. Now I am getting the odd airball off the entry gate at top of ramp. Not sure why, flipper power, me removing the plate and adding gummy or tightening down screw on right side. It is a crap design and JJP need to send out a support fix to everyone. Maybe I will raise it....

#2004 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

You think im stupid lol.. it didn't have any there which i thought was odd considering everywhere else did and that area gets hit alot.

Yep I was dumbfounded when I didn’t have it either. Was the same time I discovered that the VUK was breaking everyone’s optos.

#2005 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Do you sell this? My ramp was cracking, so I removed the metal plate underneath and fitted a gummy on top of screw. Could not wedge gummy in whilst decal metal was there. Now I am getting the odd airball off the entry gate at top of ramp. Not sure why, flipper power, me removing the plate and adding gummy or tightening down screw on right side. It is a crap design and JJP need to send out a support fix to everyone. Maybe I will raise it....

No, I just made it for the one we have on route here. It needed support, so I made a quick and dirty support. If there was enough interest to sell it, I'd clean it up and theme it to match the ramp better first since it's pretty rough as-is.

#2006 4 years ago

I would be interested. As long as it does not change the dynamics of the ramp, sounds like a winner.

#2007 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

My problem with leaving as it was is that my ramp is starting to crack. :\

30CB3E73-3348-458D-9376-C74439319290 (resized).jpeg30CB3E73-3348-458D-9376-C74439319290 (resized).jpeg

#2008 4 years ago
Quoted from koops:

My problem with leaving as it was is that my ramp is starting to crack. :\

Where is it cracking? Where the screw is pressing upward? There's a lot of downward pressure on just that one point due to lack of other support on the ramp.

#2009 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Where is it cracking? Where the screw is pressing upward? There's a lot of downward pressure on just that one point due to lack of other support on the ramp.

yes where the screw used to be pressing.

It didn't appear to be lack of support rather it was just too tight an angle between where it joins to the playfield, the top right where it mounts to the post and the screw head in the sling. But yes a support could have angled it up and away from the head.

As it is right now it’s functionally fine. If I wanted it perfect I could make a support.

#2010 4 years ago

Just unboxed a brand new CE born 28th December. All good (washers preinstalled on the playfield) except the screen keeps getting little lines over the text as though there is some sort of interference. I've checked all the connections in to the monitor, unplugged and replugged the dvi and power cables but no luck. It happens during boot, during doing the 0.99 update and during the game etc. Anyone had this issue before? Any ideas on what I can try next? It's not a major issue but is annoying the crap out of me.

#2011 4 years ago
Quoted from Lancelin2k14:

Just unboxed a brand new CE born 28th December. All good (washers preinstalled on the playfield) except the screen keeps getting little lines over the text as though there is some sort of interference. I've checked all the connections in to the monitor, unplugged and replugged the dvi and power cables but no luck. It happens during boot, during doing the 0.99 update and during the game etc. Anyone had this issue before? Any ideas on what I can try next? It's not a major issue but is annoying the crap out of me.

Those factory metal washers aren't a good idea and are known to cause ripples. Switch them out to the service pack ones when you have a chance.

#2012 4 years ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

Those factory metal washers aren't a good idea and are known to cause ripples. Switch them out to the service pack ones when you have a chance.

Be careful. Sometimes the metal washers have set into the clear, unless they come up freely, leave them alone.

#2013 4 years ago

I have a CE as well with the metal washers and similar born date. Ive had it for a few months and i have zero rippling or PF issues. For what thats worth.

#2014 4 years ago
JJP POTC Precious (resized).jpgJJP POTC Precious (resized).jpg
#2015 4 years ago
Quoted from TZBen:

sound issue: my game seems to have a lot less trebble when compared to my WOZ game. should they be comparable sound wise?

No, starting with Dialed In, the JJP speaker configuration is totally redesigned. The WOZ/Hobbit configuration was relatively small speakers (2.5 inches). Woz was a bit high end and not as much substance as a pin should have. In the current design there are still tweeters but the two 2.5 inch speakers were replaced with one 5 inch speaker on each side. The highs are not missing, but there is more low midrange for punch. This was the goal of the redesign. This was the second pin whose mix was crafted on the pinball machine's sound system. I remodeled my pinball studio and can now host a number of pins for development.

#2016 4 years ago

These spots are really annoying. I have tried the electrical tape fix. I have tried taking them out and putting them back. Still they go on and off all the time. Really annoying. My distro sent some other 12v bulbs to try. Will give them a go. Can’t understand why they could not get the spots to work. The hot glue they used makes things worse.

#2017 4 years ago

Replaced them. They were falling apart in my hand. The new ones seem ok. Think this is the only solution. Pretty rotten the spots they used.

#2018 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Replaced them. They were falling apart in my hand. The new ones seem ok. Think this is the only solution. Pretty rotten the spots they used.

Seems like this would be a good moment to make a joke about Jack's spotty service.

#2019 4 years ago

On one of my spots the pins on the inside of connector were slightly bent causing the bulb to make contact but not sit properly. I took a flathead and adjusted the pins and no more problems

#2020 4 years ago

My shooter was losing power, the old auto plunger collision. So I had to shim the playfield up a bit. Why all of a sudden has my playfield sunk? Is this playfield too heavy and is it going to sunk again? Now after raising by a mm, the lockdown bar is becoming super stiff. This machine is constant fun....

#2021 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

My shooter was losing power, the old auto plunger collision. So I had to shim the playfield up a bit. Why all of a sudden has my playfield sunk? Is this playfield too heavy and is it going to sunk again? Now after raising by a mm, the lockdown bar is becoming super stiff. This machine is constant fun....

I'm confused. If it's the auto plunger shimming wouldn't help as the auto plunger is attached to the playfield and would sink with it. If you're talking the regular shooter, perhaps your receiver screws aren't tight to the cabinet. Or the shooter screws aren't tight. This game isn't exponentially heavier in the lower right corner to make me think it's different than any other game

#2022 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballTilt:

I'm confused. If it's the auto plunger shimming wouldn't help as the auto plunger is attached to the playfield and would sink with it. If you're talking the regular shooter, perhaps your receiver screws aren't tight to the cabinet. Or the shooter screws aren't tight. This game isn't exponentially heavier in the lower right corner to make me think it's different than any other game

The auto plunger on the playfield is lower so it hits the plunger. Raising the playfield slightly lifts the auto plunger out of the way. There is a fix in this thread. There is no movement in the plunger and I never had this problem until now. Maybe lifting and lowering playfield so much has bent the metal tabs, I’m not sure. Anybody else had this start to happen when it did not happen originally?

#2023 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

The auto plunger on the playfield is lower so it hits the plunger. Raising the playfield slightly lifts the auto plunger out of the way. There is a fix in this thread. There is no movement in the plunger and I never had this problem until now. Maybe lifting and lowering playfield so much has bent the metal tabs, I’m not sure. Anybody else had this start to happen when it did not happen originally?

The hang brackets bent just a little on our jjPoTC causing this. Same problem as on Dialed In and Hobbit, too, but much less frequent. Supposedly the brackets were harder for jjPotC, but they still seem to bend. I wonder why they don't have supports on the inside of the playfield to help bear some of the weight? Maybe those would damage the cabinet? I dunno...

#2024 4 years ago

I'm sure so done else has had this issue. The left flipper on the black pearl keeps riding up by itself. This photo is with the game off. How do I fix this hopefully without having to remove the ship?. It's a brand new game. Thanks.

IMG_20190901_110854 (resized).jpgIMG_20190901_110854 (resized).jpg
#2025 4 years ago

I'm sure so done else has had this issue. The left flipper on the black pearl keeps riding up by itself. This photo is with the game off. How do I fix this hopefully without having to remove the ship?. It's a brand new game. Thanks.[quoted image]

You might be able to get in there with a racheting wrench. Basically you need to push the flipper into position and then tighten the nut under a little more that keeps the post the flipper is mounted to from moving.

#2026 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You might be able to get in there with a racheting wrench. Basically you need to push the flipper into position and then tighten the nut under a little more that keeps the post the flipper is mounted to from moving.

Thankyou!. Also any idea where this bit is from?, found it just sitting in the orbit holding up the ball.

Been a really frustrating Experience so far, only managed to play 3 games and just one issue after the other.

IMG_20190901_111014 (resized).jpgIMG_20190901_111014 (resized).jpg
#2027 4 years ago

Also any idea where this bit is from?,

Guard inside on the VUK behind the black pearl to keeps balls from dropping back in and roll onto the playfield instead.

How do I fix this hopefully without having to remove the ship?.

Lift playfield up and pull forward and rest on front of the cabinet. Behind the back wall, pull out the clip holding the flat metal thing that connects the motor to the black pearl. Then look between the black pearl and the back wall. See the allenhead bolt sticking up ? Remove it. Lay a towel across the playfield along the left side of the black pearl. Pull the black pearl back off of the two pivot points. Wiggle up and out and rest on the side of the black pearl.

Then get the flipper where you want and tighten it. Reassemble.

Nothing hard.

LTG : )

#2028 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Guard inside on the VUK behind the black pearl to keeps balls from dropping back in and roll onto the playfield instead.

Lift playfield up and pull forward and rest on front of the cabinet. Behind the back wall, pull out the clip holding the flat metal thing that connects the motor to the black pearl. Then look between the black pearl and the back wall. See the allenhead bolt sticking up ? Remove it. Lay a towel across the playfield along the left side of the black pearl. Pull the black pearl back off of the two pivot points. Wiggle up and out and rest on the side of the black pearl.
Then get the flipper where you want and tighten it. Reassemble.
Nothing hard.

Which nut do i tighten to lock the flipper in place?

15673131424983686886696851253042 (resized).jpg15673131424983686886696851253042 (resized).jpg
#2029 4 years ago

Thankyou!. Also any idea where this bit is from?, found it just sitting in the orbit holding up the ball.
Been a really frustrating Experience so far, only managed to play 3 games and just one issue after the other.[quoted image]

Could be the one way to the chest

#2030 4 years ago

Which nut do i tighten to lock the flipper in place?

Yellow arrows point to it.

These may help -

fb54751f0ef8370cc9a5aa5b02911152cf3373ec (resized).jpgfb54751f0ef8370cc9a5aa5b02911152cf3373ec (resized).jpg
#2031 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yellow arrows point to it.
These may help -

LTG : )[quoted image]

Thanks so much, really easy fix and all done. Felling very self accomplished

#2032 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The hang brackets bent just a little on our jjPoTC causing this. Same problem as on Dialed In and Hobbit, too, but much less frequent. Supposedly the brackets were harder for jjPotC, but they still seem to bend. I wonder why they don't have supports on the inside of the playfield to help bear some of the weight? Maybe those would damage the cabinet? I dunno...

Thanks Vireland. Hopefully does not drop further down again.

#2033 4 years ago

Thanks so much, really easy fix and all done. Felling very self accomplished

Great job! The POTC might take a bit of "tuning" as you'll see. But completely worth the time dialing it in. And it's all about as hard as you've
experienced. Great job taking care of it yourself.

#2034 4 years ago

Quick thanks again for thread. Shooter rod acting up ......read fix....do fix.....smile that issue quickly resolved!

#2035 4 years ago

Anyone else have issues with the ball getting stuck in the bumper behind the rubber? My game has the washers installed from factory in the playfield and I feel it's raised the whole bumper so the ball just shoots underneath. Any ideas on how to fix? So far I've not had a single game on this thing without an issue.

#2036 4 years ago

Can you send a photo?

#2037 4 years ago

Any ideas on how to fix?

One size smaller ring might help.

#2038 4 years ago

running latest software on my LE and noticed that photo of player will not be taken at end of game that has achieved high score.
Appropriate game settings have been checked; any thoughts or things to do for this to work appropriately??

#2039 4 years ago
Quoted from ngg:

any thoughts or things to do for this to work appropriately??

Be sure setting is right, even if you checked. Page B-34 in the manual. Camera - Disable Camera - Set To No to enable. Default is No.

Be sure you aren't holding the right flipper button in when hitting the start button.

#2040 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Be sure setting is right, even if you checked. Page B-34 in the manual. Camera - Disable Camera - Set To No to enable. Default is No.
Be sure you aren't holding the right flipper button in when hitting the start button.

also the camera is pretty picky - you have to be standing in the EXACT right spot and there must be enough light toward your face

#2041 4 years ago
Quoted from ngg:

running latest software on my LE and noticed that photo of player will not be taken at end of game that has achieved high score.
Appropriate game settings have been checked; any thoughts or things to do for this to work appropriately??

If the facial recognition rejects the frame, you get a picture from some other time or no picture at all. Is the room really dark?

#2042 4 years ago

A friend of mine bought a NIB pirates. After unboxing and making some adjustments, the pirates played like a charm and what a great game this is. After 3 days a problem with the led boards occurred, they wouldn't go on (no lights under the inserts....). After some investigation we found out that the lights went back on if we deplug and replug the mini usb connector on the led board on the left backside underneed the playfield.

As I didn't find this technical issue in this thread, has any one had the same issues and how did you solve it?

Thanks for the help!

#2043 4 years ago

When powering the pin it sometimes (not often, but regurlarly) happens to me that the complete GI is out and not working. Switching off and starting again normally solves the issue, but does not explain the reason. Any experience in this regard?

#2044 4 years ago

Have tried that 1 maybe 2 times without result but can try that again. But let's be honest that can't be the solution, we are talking about a 10K+ euro toy.......

#2045 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If the facial recognition rejects the frame, you get a picture from some other time or no picture at all. Is the room really dark?

It would be nice if it showed a preview windows that it was going to take one.

#2046 4 years ago
Quoted from koops:

It would be nice if it showed a preview windows that it was going to take one.

Too complicated, especially for locations. The way it does it is great overall, just needs a little more refinement. Seeing people be surprised by their wanted poster is great.

#2047 4 years ago
Quoted from Zora:

When powering the pin it sometimes (not often, but regurlarly) happens to me that the complete GI is out and not working. Switching off and starting again normally solves the issue, but does not explain the reason. Any experience in this regard?

Exactly the same lighting problem here.
Switching off and on and all is ok. This happens not often but sometimes it does.

Also sometimes i have to switch off and on twice, before it's running normal.

I own a Pirates SE.

#2048 4 years ago
Quoted from Slapfighter:

Exactly the same lighting problem here.
Switching off and on and all is ok. This happens not often but sometimes it does.
Also sometimes i have to switch off and on twice, before it's running normal.
I own a Pirates SE.

Ok, thanks for your feedback, seems we are in the same boat. I own a LE. Obviously no sever problem and if no single case, we can ignore it hopefully unless it happens more often.

#2049 4 years ago
Quoted from Zora:

Ok, thanks for your feedback, seems we are in the same boat. I own a LE. Obviously no sever problem and if no single case, we can ignore it hopefully unless it happens more often.

I hope so too. I thought this is a software issue on code 0.99.
I checked every single plugged cable.
Nothing helped. Maybe it's this mini usb connector on the led board.
I can live with it, because it happens not often. Maybe on 10 - 15% of switching it on. Then i switch it off and on and it runs normally.

#2050 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Too complicated, especially for locations. The way it does it is great overall, just needs a little more refinement. Seeing people be surprised by their wanted poster is great.

How so? A simplistic version already exists in the settings menu when testing the camera (it’s how I figured Ironman kept getting high scores when my son was playing!).

For end users it wouldn’t be hard to understand. Games like Mario kart arcade do it.

I do agree the surprise of the random hat/eye patch is great. Wish it would stay on the screen longer.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
30,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
There are 3,536 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 71.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpirates-of-the-caribbean-troubleshooting-tips-issues/page/41?hl=bgwilly31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.