8A79C258-2737-4892-A6D4-1D5066382A11 (resized).jpeg
D2C5269F-CC9C-4059-B008-7183A9656384 (resized).jpeg
19CB3A9A-2767-4CD7-AA0D-2EAC9D4E8C1B (resized).jpeg
AD9CE6FE-FBDD-40E0-A404-AF37E2A257CD (resized).jpeg
no light 2 (resized).jpg
no light (resized).jpg
IMG_20220709_120144 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

29 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 3,538 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 71.
#1751 4 years ago

That's pretty standard ramp to playfield connection. I agree that I think it puts a lot of stress on the ramp. There is very little "meat" of the plastic on the ramp for the screw to hold on to, there is a lot of play in how much you tighten them down (and how far you bend the ramp).

Maybe that's why my maelstrom ramp broke.

#1752 4 years ago

I dunno. All the ramps on my other games, the screw is right at the end of the ramp. Not 10-15mm from the bottom. Maelstrom only has one screw. Anyway.

#1754 4 years ago

Just got a fault switch # 30.turn around switch open . Anyone know where this is or dealt with same issue ?

Thanks

#1755 4 years ago

If you pull up your switch tests one of them will show you on the screen where the switch is. Turn around switch should be the one at the back of the devils triangle. Kinda hard to get to but there is enough room to get a long screwdriver in there to test it. Cant remember how accessible it is from the bottom of playfield.

#1756 4 years ago

K. Thanks.

#1757 4 years ago

Anyone have the issue from the right lower flipper only I get air balls if off the flipper with speed. Left flipper is fine. I did turn down the coil still same issue. Happens alot on multiballs

#1758 4 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Just got a fault switch # 30.turn around switch open . Anyone know where this is

Besides GnarLee's help. You can download the manual from jerseyjackpinball.com - Support - Downloads. Listed on page C-105, pictured on page C-104

LTG : )

#1759 4 years ago

Soulrider911

I had the same issue with three balls not dropping from the chest. I did two things: swapped out with new balls (I think they were magnetized) and changed the coil release timing in the settings menu to the longest possible option. Have had no problems since then.

#1760 4 years ago

Does anyone have specific balls that can be used in magnet games? And is there any reason to not use whatever balls those are in other games? I'd like to just buy bulk one source if possible. I need about 25 balls to replace all games.

#1761 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Does anyone have specific balls that can be used in magnet games? And is there any reason to not use whatever balls those are in other games? I'd like to just buy bulk one source if possible. I need about 25 balls to replace all games.

I got a box of like 50 of these:

https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=57&product_id=69

#1762 4 years ago

Nice. I have titans in some of the games, glad to know I can just order from them.

#1763 4 years ago

What's the fix for this sticky flipper? Tried to shorten the spring, didn't work. When the playfield is lifted it snaps back ok, when playfield is down it sticks sometimes. I tried raising the flipper just a bit, didn't fix it. Thx

MVIMG_20190706_213648 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20190706_213648 (resized).jpg
#1764 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

What's the fix for this sticky flipper? Tried to shorten the spring, didn't work. When the playfield is lifted it snaps back ok, when playfield is down it sticks sometimes. I tried raising the flipper just a bit, didn't fix it. Thx[quoted image]

Stupid question maybe, but is something sticking in the mech when the playfield is down? Like a loose/unused molex?

#1765 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

What's the fix for this sticky flipper? Tried to shorten the spring, didn't work. When the playfield is lifted it snaps back ok, when playfield is down it sticks sometimes. I tried raising the flipper just a bit, didn't fix it. Thx[quoted image]

Only suggestion would be to check your coil sleeve, check the spring, make sure the guide to flipper gap is correct or call #LTG after midnight! Lol. I’m sure you can fix this though good luck.

#1766 4 years ago

Can you feel it binding if you manually move it when the playfield is down?

#1767 4 years ago

Stupid question maybe, but is something sticking in the mech when the playfield is down? Like a loose/unused molex?

Nope, nothing sticking.

I shortened the spring another half inch and it's playing ok now.

I have a love hate relationship with potc sometimes.

#1768 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Check the coil stop. If the round platform that stops the shaft has popped loose from the bracket (common on cheap stops, it just allows it to wiggle), it will make a flipper do that.

#1769 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If it is, they're there, but the scroll is somewhat random. It's always right after the video of the ship sailing into the sunset. So use the right flipper to advance quickly through the attract mode segments, and slow down when you get to the ship, then hit the button once to advance. If you see the scroll, congrats!

Thanks OP! True, was just patience and scrolling through a number of times. Glad I found the scrolled photos as the wife is happy now!

Got a great score and played 2 Wizard modes! Was fantastico!!!!

51663975-CE92-49FA-B034-878085F1FE14 (resized).jpeg51663975-CE92-49FA-B034-878085F1FE14 (resized).jpeg
#1770 4 years ago
Quoted from SDpinballer:

Thanks OP! True, was just patience and scrolling through a number of times. Glad I found the scrolled photos as the wife is happy now!
Got a great score and played 2 Wizard modes! Was fantastico!!!![quoted image]

Have you gotten any of the wanted pictures with eye patches or pirate hats added?

#1771 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Have you gotten any of the wanted pictures with eye patches or pirate hats added?

I'm bummed! I haven't had any with the patch or hat

#1772 4 years ago
Quoted from Heater:

I haven't figured out if it's face orientation or lighting or totally random, but even the one on location here only has a couple pictures with the patches and hats, so it's uncommon. The patch is better than the hat (which just kind of looks like a black blob). I wish Keith could figure out mustaches and/or goatees, too.

#1773 4 years ago
Quoted from Heater:

Not sure if it correlates to score at all, but when I set the GC score at just over 2M points, I got the hat and patch on my pic. Just a coincidence I think as I haven’t seen anyone else mention that. Only time I’ve gotten both.

#1774 4 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

Not sure if it correlates to score at all, but when I set the GC score at just over 2M points, I got the hat and patch on my pic. Just a coincidence I think as I haven’t seen anyone else mention that. Only time I’ve gotten both.

Nope had shit scores with both. Have not seen a parrot. Or a carrot.

#1775 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I think there’s about 20 pics that scroll through as of now, 6 different people. One hat and one patch only, and they are on the same person (separately of course). No idea why. Looks great though! The lens missed a shorter person once and got a photo of a framed pic on the opposite wall.

#1776 4 years ago

well found part of the problem, trunk main bracket is broken...

brikenBracketTrunk (resized).pngbrikenBracketTrunk (resized).png
#1777 4 years ago

So much for every NIB just needs a little tweaking to get it sorted out. The number of issues on this game is beyond the pale.

#1778 4 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

well found part of the problem, trunk main bracket is broken...[quoted image]

I think that's the same one harry had on his that was almost broken off. Looks like yours made it all the way.

#1779 4 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

Nope. I've had GC scores a number of times and no patch or hat for me. The ones that currently have the patch or patch and hat are unremarkable scores from random players. It might be a certain facial structure/shape.

#1780 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I think that's the same one harry had on his that was almost broken off. Looks like yours made it all the way.

Yup, was just going to post that. Metal is very thin, very easy to shear off at that angle and forces. My bracket was not firmly attached to the playfield which I think contributed. JJP was not going to warranty it but we ended up agreeing that I'd pay for shipping, fyi. Seems like another longer term issue others might see. I'm going to weld my old bracket to reinforce it. Maybe I should start selling reinforced ones.

#1781 4 years ago

Ya I’m going to have my friend weld mine also that area is bad engineering imo, metal is super thin, and that trunk is only supported by 2 points

#1782 4 years ago

So... can someone else look to see this is happening on their game? The chest latch bangs right in to the first opto. Seems like that is going to break in no time. Solution? None I can think of aside from redesigning the release mech, which I've sort of been looking in to. Keep watching the video, I grabbed a flashlight.. my battery was almost dead, couldn't use the flash and I thought I could catch it without more light.

#1783 4 years ago

So... can someone else look to see this is happening on their game? The chest latch bangs right in to the first opto. Seems like that is going to break in no time. Solution? None I can think of aside from redesigning the release mech, which I've sort of been looking in to. Keep watching the video, I grabbed a flashlight.. my battery was almost dead, couldn't use the flash and I thought I could catch it without more light.

Not sure what I am looking at but looks like every coil mech I have ever seen? While you can redesign Every bracket on a game at some point what was designed is actually good enough for a game. If I was taking it into battle or sailing it across an ocean maybe fortifying every mech might be necessary but in this case it seems like it has worked this long....

#1784 4 years ago

The first opto sits right between the chest and the ball release mech. When the release closes (back in to closed position) it bangs right in to the back of that opto. Watch the opto move when the latch bangs in to it. It's the small black plastic piece on the left.

So it's not a bracket issue, it's a spacing issue. Everyone's chest bracket is fine too, until they start sheering off. Probably most won't even notice. It's obvious we can't just say, well the game was designed this way. It has flaws.

#1785 4 years ago

The first opto sits right between the chest and the ball release mech. When the release closes (back in to closed position) it bangs right in to the back of that opto. Watch the opto move when the latch bangs in to it. It's the small black plastic piece on the left.
So it's not a bracket issue, it's a spacing issue. Everyone's chest bracket is fine too, until they start sheering off. Probably most won't even notice. It's obvious we can't just say, well the game was designed this way. It has flaws.

Harry do note I wasn't trying to dissagree or say the game is perfect I said I didn't know what I was looking at. Feel free to redesign. I was simply pointing out in time ALL parts will break so it's basically like chasing a squirrel. There is a reason companies like Pinball Life, Happ, the OEM's etc make replacement parts. They will all break its the nature of the beast we call Pinball. The metal ball always wins.

#1786 4 years ago

It's not a wear issue, it's a design issue. If the latch keeps hitting the opto it's going to break. The latch shouldn't hit the opto. No one should need to make a replacement part for a part that gets hit with a latch that shouldn't hit it.

Open
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

BANG Closed

#1787 4 years ago

It's not a wear issue, it's a design issue. If the latch keeps hitting the opto it's going to break. The latch shouldn't hit the opto. No one should need to make a replacement part for a part that gets hit with a latch that shouldn't hit it.
Open
[quoted image]
BANG Closed
[quoted image]

Have you reported to JJP?

#1788 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Have you reported to JJP?

Just found it. Wondering if it's just me. Hopefully someone else will check theirs to confirm.

Maybe this relates to chest release issues. Got some ideas to change it around.

#1789 4 years ago

Just found it. Wondering if it's just me. Hopefully someone else will check theirs to confirm.
Maybe this relates to chest release issues. Got some ideas to change it around.
20190708_175116 (resized).jpg20190708_175116 (resized).jpg20190708_175153 (resized).jpg20190708_175153 (resized).jpg

I think this is what youre talking about.

#1790 4 years ago
Quoted from MarZ_78:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Interesting... your silver "arm" that is hitting the opto doesn't seem to have a screw on it like mine does. Does it actually contact the opto when you move it or use the coil test? With mine an actual screw is hitting it. Can you confirm there is no screw there? The screw on mine attaches the black arm to the silver one and the nut faces the opto. Maybe it can be turned around.

#1791 4 years ago

Interesting... your silver "arm" that is hitting the opto doesn't seem to have a screw on it like mine does. Does it actually contact the opto when you move it or use the coil test? With mine an actual screw is hitting it. Can you confirm there is no screw there? The screw on mine attaches the black arm to the silver one and the nut faces the opto. Maybe it can be turned around.

The arm makes contact. The screw is just to the right of the sensor. When i manually move the arm it feels as if the screw brushes it intermittently depending on the force applied.

#1792 4 years ago
Quoted from MarZ_78:

The arm makes contact. The screw is just to the right of the sensor. When i manually move the arm it feels as if the screw brushes it intermittently depending on the force applied.

Thanks. I'm working on seeing if there is any easy modification that can be done to prevent this.

#1793 4 years ago

For transparency I sent an email to Frank at JJP with these details and offered to let him know of any fix I can come up with for this if he would want to release that information from JJP to other owners. I asked for nothing but I figured it would be appropriate to let JJP know of a potential issue in the same vein as white hat hackers notifying a company of a security issue.

#1794 4 years ago

Open
[quoted image]
BANG Closed
[quoted image]

I think your nose is not set correctly.
she ensures distance.

Best regards Peter

5FD6163C-88FC-4DF1-8879-052D541C615B (resized).jpeg5FD6163C-88FC-4DF1-8879-052D541C615B (resized).jpegEBA19F02-8F83-4B76-A3B9-7EA196F79125 (resized).jpegEBA19F02-8F83-4B76-A3B9-7EA196F79125 (resized).jpeg
#1795 4 years ago

Is that screw not hitting your opto?

#1796 4 years ago

Is that screw not hitting your opto?[quoted image]

No

CAF529C1-0D63-4B5E-8B08-CBA5A14D86D4 (resized).jpegCAF529C1-0D63-4B5E-8B08-CBA5A14D86D4 (resized).jpeg
#1797 4 years ago
Quoted from Agima2000:

No[quoted image]

REALLY? I must be not seeing it correctly. It sure looks like these two are touching:

#1798 4 years ago

You can bend the black angle with the coil up, then it comes further away from the opto.

maybe you pushed it down a bit when you were working on the chest.

B2A68E5B-14D0-440B-919A-CED01C2CB403 (resized).jpegB2A68E5B-14D0-440B-919A-CED01C2CB403 (resized).jpeg3026D7CA-BC4A-428B-A89D-9D52A5125131 (resized).jpeg3026D7CA-BC4A-428B-A89D-9D52A5125131 (resized).jpegC1990150-C299-44E1-A9BE-C6F35339AB25 (resized).jpegC1990150-C299-44E1-A9BE-C6F35339AB25 (resized).jpeg

#1799 4 years ago

Thanks.. I bent mine back pretty far but I'm going to mess around with it more today. Maybe the bracket I got from JJP was bent or should have been bent. Still seems worrisome.

#1800 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

PROBLEM: Balls getting stuck at the top of the Black Pearl ramp.
SOLUTION: Ensure the game is horizontally (left to right) level, measured at the playfield. Next, locate the screw to the right of the ramp which compresses a rubber crush washer. Tighten this screw clockwise until setting balls on the top of the ramp always makes them roll away right. Do not over-tighten or the screw can break in the post! If this fails to resolve the problem, remove the rubber entirely. If this still fails to resolve the problem, put a clear cabinet bumper under the Pearl ramp to lift the left side a bit. You want the ball to roll off to the right easily no matter how gently it is placed on top of the ramp. This is a very common issue and easily fixed.

Problem fixed. Talked to Butch at JJP.

We had to remove the upper playfield. Underneath the playfield , which I would have taken a pic, in the center of the playfield there are 2 metal pins/rods. 1 is located near the top, near backglass, and one near bottom near flippers.

The pins have to go into the mounted hole plates. Mine was underneath the one near the flippers and not inside the hole, causing it to sit too low and balls getting stuck.

My friend got his game the other day and the same thing happened on his, but the tech was able to slide the playfield back towards backglass, then towards front of game and it went in without having to take then upper playfield off.

IMG-4081 (1) (resized).JPGIMG-4081 (1) (resized).JPGIMG-4086 (resized).JPGIMG-4086 (resized).JPG
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

29,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,538 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 71.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpirates-of-the-caribbean-troubleshooting-tips-issues/page/36?hl=marz_78 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.