8A79C258-2737-4892-A6D4-1D5066382A11 (resized).jpeg
D2C5269F-CC9C-4059-B008-7183A9656384 (resized).jpeg
19CB3A9A-2767-4CD7-AA0D-2EAC9D4E8C1B (resized).jpeg
AD9CE6FE-FBDD-40E0-A404-AF37E2A257CD (resized).jpeg
no light 2 (resized).jpg
no light (resized).jpg
IMG_20220709_120144 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

29 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 3,536 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 71.
#1151 4 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I can confirm that my chest fork is now raising and lowering during game play....but ever ball that I've shot into the chest passes through. I've yet to have the chest capture the ball.

Gotta get that slo-motion video rolling. There has to be a reason the fork is rejecting balls.

#1152 4 years ago

slow motion video?

Dude...I'm old school, I don't even have a cell phone.

#1153 4 years ago

I finally have the chest ball lock working. I had to bend the plate that traps the ball a little bit.

#1154 4 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I finally have the chest ball lock working. I had to bend the plate that traps the ball a little bit.

Haha. Fair enough! Glad you got it working!

#1155 4 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I can confirm that my chest fork is now raising and lowering during game play....but ever ball that I've shot into the chest passes through. I've yet to have the chest capture the ball.

You have to hit the standups on the left and right side of that chest opening. When both have been hit (initially) the forks pop up and stay up until you lock a ball.

#1156 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

So I don’t I know if it’s limited to just CE, but has anyone had any very noticeable vibration coming from the left side of the machine while playing?
I pointed out CE because I think it’s actually the barnacle on the left that is contributing.
Though, not an issue on the right.
Edit: I added the felt tape to the bottom of the machine. Perhaps, I could try adding in a few other places as well.

Musttttt Resist but mussst ask. Ok, do tell more. How is the barnacle creating vibration and I so want to hear about the felt tape slathered to the bottom of your machine and why.

#1157 4 years ago

Found out why my opto was broken on the BPs right spinner.

The VUK comes out right next to it and the playfield underneath is completely hammered. No Mylar! I would have thought this would be standard here. I did search for this, apologies if my search skills have failed.

Anyway have not put down Mylar yet. Not sure if possible after this much dimpling.

To resolve for now I have turned the BPs VUK strength down to 20. Now ejects up to black pearl nicely without the customary “THUNK” that I thought was normal.

9EFC4DDD-FE18-415D-B38F-565D524E4E7B (resized).jpeg9EFC4DDD-FE18-415D-B38F-565D524E4E7B (resized).jpeg
#1158 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Found out why my opto was broken on the BPs right spinner.
The VUK comes out right next to it and the playfield underneath is completely hammered. No Mylar! I would have thought this would be standard here. I did search for this, apologies if my search skills have failed.
Anyway have not put down Mylar yet. Not sure if possible after this much dimpling.
To resolve for now I have turned the BPs VUK strength down to 20. Now ejects up to black pearl nicely without the customary “THUNK” that I thought was normal. [quoted image]

DUDE.. thank you for posting that! My right opto is also broken (have two new ones to install) and the thunk kills me every time. Going to turn vuk down and see about the mylar as well. Funny, cause there is mylar on the castle playfield on WOZ where the ball thunks down.

#1159 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

DUDE.. thank you for posting that! My right opto is also broken (have two new ones to install) and the thunk kills me every time. Going to turn vuk down and see about the mylar as well. Funny, cause there is mylar on the castle playfield on WOZ where the ball thunks down.

Yeah, it’s one of those things you see and you think “Naaahhhhhh!”

I wondered why we both had this opto broken. Mine is just hanging together with duct tape on the middle and I lost the bottom screw. Works though.

Going to miss the “THUNK” it sounded like a real pirate boarding! Arrrrrrrrr!

#1160 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Yeah, it’s one of those things you see and you think “Naaahhhhhh!”
I wondered why we both had this opto broken. Mine is just hanging together with duct tape on the middle and I lost the bottom screw. Works though.
Going to miss the “THUNK” it sounded like a real pirate boarding! Arrrrrrrrr!

Mine ALSO lost a screw!

#1161 4 years ago

I have a reoccurring issue where the ball comes out of the depths doesn't travel smoothly down the "P" lane and ends up bouncing around the "I" lane and ball gate before draining. Happens about 5%/10% of times. Anyone else experiencing this issue or better yet know a fix?

My last ball in my Grand Champion game ended with this happening last night.

#1162 4 years ago
Quoted from MarZ_78:

I have a reoccurring issue where the ball comes out of the depths doesn't travel smoothly down the "P" lane and ends up bouncing around the "I" lane and ball gate before draining. Happens about 5%/10% of times. Anyone else experiencing this issue or better yet know a fix?

I briefly had a similar issue. Issue went away when I properly leveled machine.

#1163 4 years ago
Quoted from MarZ_78:

Lower the coil power on the kick out.

#1164 4 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

I briefly had a similar issue. Issue went away when I properly leveled machine.

Do you know if there specific areas on the play field that are used to level the machine. Just wondering if there is a specific set of marks on the artwork that is used for to be exact.

Quoted from rs812:

Lower the coil power on the kick out.

Thanks for the suggestion but i tried this without an improvement. Might give it another try after I re-level.

#1165 4 years ago
Quoted from MarZ_78:

Do you know if there specific areas on the play field that are used to level the machine. Just wondering if there is a specific set of marks on the artwork that is used for to be exact.

Thanks for the suggestion but i tried this without an improvement. Might give it another try after I re-level.

All you ever wanted to know: https://www.pinballnews.com/learn/level/index.html

Basically, for side to side level use a spirit level at two places on the playfield directly, near the flippers and as close to the top as you can get. You need a inclinometer to do degree tilt or use the built in spirit level. There is a phone app that some people use, specific to pinball machine leveling, you might give that a shot... not sure of the name. Like PinballLevel or MrLevel or something maybe.

#1166 4 years ago

All you ever wanted to know: https://www.pinballnews.com/learn/level/index.html
Basically, for side to side level use a spirit level at two places on the playfield directly, near the flippers and as close to the top as you can get. You need a inclinometer to do degree tilt or use the built in spirit level. There is a phone app that some people use, specific to pinball machine leveling, you might give that a shot... not sure of the name. Like PinballLevel or MrLevel or something maybe.

PinGuy App

#1167 4 years ago

For some reason that's an iPhone only app...

This works pretty well for Android.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nottud.pinballleveller

#1168 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

For some reason that's an iPhone only app...

Heh “for some reason.”

Android apps do not magically spawn from iOS codebases. Developers must explicitly create a version for the lesser platform, or compromise from the start using a cross-platform development tool.

Most iOS developers only do iOS. Companies that support both usually have teams for both.

Source: I do this.

#1169 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Heh “for some reason.”
Android apps do not magically spawn from iOS codebases. Developers must explicitly create a version for the lesser platform, or compromise from the start using a cross-platform development tool.
Most iOS developers only do iOS. Companies that support both usually have teams for both.

Sidebar... are you saying all cross-platform development tools are compromised from the start? I started using them back when they first came out and they were shit. I imagined by now there are so many kinks worked out to offer native support for both platforms pretty closely.

#1170 4 years ago

Sidebar... are you saying all cross-platform development tools are compromised from the start? I started using them back when they first came out and they were shit. I imagined by now there are so many kinks worked out to offer native support for both platforms pretty closely.

Yes. It is impossible to create a one-size-fits-all solution due to the different paradigms of the platform. You either make an iOS app that shoehorned into Android, or vice-versa. Native dev FTW.

#1171 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Heh “for some reason.”

Oh I'm sure it's a passion project for the guy, more so than profit, and I can only imagine Apple's infrastructure is always more exclusivity based, than open platform based. That's somewhat why I switched platforms after my 4th or 5th iPhone.

I meant for some reason, as in the developer is missing a massive portion of his potential market.

#1172 4 years ago

Moved to PM as we're increasingly off topic.

#1173 4 years ago

Yes I have had the problem happen out of the depths. Almost made me want to take the gate off. It’s not attached to any switch. Might make saves a bit too easy!

Anyway for levelling, I personally feel that a phone is not reliable no matter what the app. I think it’s too small. I found a 25cm digital level which can be calibrated and is cheap. Here is the one in Australia, US eBay should have an equivalent.

ebay.com link: 0

#1174 4 years ago

Here is a pic. 25cm is long enough to give a truer reading but short enough to fit on most parts of playfield.

382E74EB-EF68-41ED-BFA1-EF2889FAB187 (resized).jpeg382E74EB-EF68-41ED-BFA1-EF2889FAB187 (resized).jpeg
#1175 4 years ago

Just got into my cliffy set and these two are in there. I know where all the others go but where do these go?

9BBA8A0E-E293-4ACA-81B6-077A3FC593E5 (resized).jpeg9BBA8A0E-E293-4ACA-81B6-077A3FC593E5 (resized).jpeg
#1176 4 years ago

Those for the inlanes where balls drop?

#1177 4 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

Yup. They are generic and work on most games, anywhere a switch slot is messed up or has the potential these are great additions.

#1178 4 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

Yup. Just slot them in. I leave my adhesive on. Pinch them good when you place them, to avoid hitting the playfield.

Quoted from skyrex:

Just got into my cliffy set and these two are in there. I know where all the others go but where do these go?[quoted image]

#1179 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Yup. Just slot them in. I leave my adhesive on. Pinch them good when you place them, to avoid hitting the playfield.

Meaning you don't reveal the adhesive on the back? Yeah, I didn't do that on my POTC ones either and they seem to stay in place fine.

#1180 4 years ago

Okay got that. Now where in the manual is the page for black pearl removal?

#1181 4 years ago

Meaning you don't reveal the adhesive on the back? Yeah, I didn't do that on my POTC ones either and they seem to stay in place fine.

Correct. Not for the slot protectors.

For the map hole, use the adhesive.

Quoted from skyrex:

Okay got that. Now where in the manual is the page for black pearl removal?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/65#post-4814032

#1182 4 years ago

I love this place! Thank you for the link and all the help!

#1183 4 years ago

Attention all people with new games!

Turn down power of Black Pearl ship VUK to 20 or whatever is the lowest setting to be able to board the BP. If you don’t your orbit at the back of the Pearl behind the spinners will look like the moon. It can also break the opto next to the VUK exit.

Turn down slings to 16. And also take a couple of points of both lower flippers. You will have a lot less playfield damage if you do this.

Install some Mylar at the back of the Pearl as shown. Clean with medical rubbing alcohol first. The little medi swabs are ideal.

Photos show before Mylar, my cut out and after. It may slow down the orbit behind the spinners. Most of the area needs to be covered since the ball lands left and right of VUK since the Pearl rocks.
F5309A2B-9B19-47CC-B552-51FB19A82F49 (resized).jpegF5309A2B-9B19-47CC-B552-51FB19A82F49 (resized).jpeg31C4545E-8FDF-4373-8A4D-414DC05B4C8D (resized).jpeg31C4545E-8FDF-4373-8A4D-414DC05B4C8D (resized).jpeg184BE30D-4C37-4F75-B64C-76BBAB0D68DD (resized).jpeg184BE30D-4C37-4F75-B64C-76BBAB0D68DD (resized).jpeg

#1184 4 years ago
Quoted from skyrex:

I love this place! Thank you for the link and all the help!

You're very welcome, though others did the hardwork of doing the excellent writeups.

Quoted from gumnut01:

Turn down power of Black Pearl ship VUK to 20 or whatever is the lowest setting to be able to board the BP. If you don’t your orbit at the back of the Pearl behind the spinners will look like the moon. It can also break the opto next to the VUK exit.
Turn down slings to 16. And also take a couple of points of both lower flippers. You will have a lot less playfield damage if you do this.
Install some Mylar at the back of the Pearl as shown. Clean with medical rubbing alcohol first. The little medi swabs are ideal.
Photos show before Mylar, my cut out and after. It may slow down the orbit behind the spinners. Most of the area needs to be covered since the ball lands left and right of VUK since the Pearl rocks.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I definitely need to lower some setting too! Thanks for the recommendations.

I think my Pearl had some mylar just under the VUK. Yours seemingly.....didn't?

#1185 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I think my Pearl had some mylar just under the VUK. Yours seemingly.....didn't?

No it did not. If I’m the only one without it, then that’s a good thing. I guess it’s best to check. I mean the damage is hidden, but best to avoid. But both Harry and I had broken opto from a over excited VUK.

#1186 4 years ago

Mine has the Mylar under the VUK, but won’t hurt to turn down.

Still need to get to 0.99 as well, fix audio, and adjust plunger.

And that’s it!

#1187 4 years ago

Okay..

I got SDTM twice after starting a Chapter in back to back games..

Haha.

Kinda funny...

#1188 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I have a broken BP spinner optical sensor too.

#1189 4 years ago
Quoted from MarZ_78:

I have a broken BP spinner optical sensor too.

That's three people now if I recall properly.

#1190 4 years ago

I sent them an email letting them know it is a problem. Hopefully they take note and turn it down in the next s/w release. Did you have the Mylar installed under the VUK?

#1191 4 years ago

Left beacon flasher next to maelstrom just stopped working. Sigh..... checked wiring underneath. Looks like I have to remove whole left ramp. Happy days.

#1192 4 years ago

My BP VUK wouldn't get the ball up on stock settings. I had to turn it up, but can't remember what I turned it up to. I'll have to check and maybe dial it back if needed.

#1193 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

My BP VUK wouldn't get the ball up on stock settings. I had to turn it up, but can't remember what I turned it up to. I'll have to check and maybe dial it back if needed.

The default value is in green. Friend had a CE with VUK problems there and it was shipped well below default. Default fixed it.

I -think- the default is actually 32 but don't quote me.

#1194 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

The default value is in green. Friend had a CE with VUK problems there and it was shipped well below default. Default fixed it.

Mine works fine on 20.

#1195 4 years ago

Am I just missing something or does the Tortuga hole not have a coil setting? But then there is one I think called "Bumper VUK" or something, is that it?

#1197 4 years ago

Am I just missing something or does the Tortuga hole not have a coil setting? But then there is one I think called "Bumper VUK" or something, is that it?

Are you pumping that down for less velocity? I considered doing that on mine, given the scoop angle seems fine.

#1198 4 years ago

TY

Quoted from wesman:

Are you pumping that down for less velocity? I considered doing that on mine, given the scoop angle seems fine.

Yeah, exactly. On all of my JJP games (2 WOZ and 1 POTC) the right "hole" is always inconsistent. Sometimes, STDM, sometimes right flipper. So yeah, doing some adjustment to try and get it more consistent by turning it down (or up).

#1199 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Yeah, it was maxed out at 32 from the factory here. I turned it back to 24 and it's fine. Probably can still go lower.

#1200 4 years ago

HI everyone, I joined the club today with number 1500 delivered (le). I have a couple small issues and would appreciate your tips.

1. Ship vuk in rear seems to lose balls. I think the game is too steep and they aren’t falling into the vuk correctly?

2. Bp ship isn’t moving Much to the left side.

Thanks. Super excited

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
There are 3,536 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 71.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpirates-of-the-caribbean-troubleshooting-tips-issues/page/24 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.