8A79C258-2737-4892-A6D4-1D5066382A11 (resized).jpeg
D2C5269F-CC9C-4059-B008-7183A9656384 (resized).jpeg
19CB3A9A-2767-4CD7-AA0D-2EAC9D4E8C1B (resized).jpeg
AD9CE6FE-FBDD-40E0-A404-AF37E2A257CD (resized).jpeg
no light 2 (resized).jpg
no light (resized).jpg
IMG_20220709_120144 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

29 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 3,536 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 71.
#1101 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Anyone know the correct/safe way to remove these rubbery connectors on the plastic protector that's over the starmap running alongside the chest? I'm trying to put in the PinballLife ship protector to keep balls from getting trapped under the Pearl, but I'm not seeing how to correctly remove these two rubber connectors and I don't want to force anything and break them. Thanks.[quoted image]

I installed the ship protector I ordered without removing the ship and without removing those rubber things. They were flexible enough I was able to just tip that upper plastic a bit and do the work I needed to do.

#1102 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Personally, I licked my finger and then rubbed the nub... but to each their own

I hope there was at least BBQ sauce on there first!

#1103 4 years ago

PROBLEM: Balls getting stuck on the "Man Overboard" self by the Pearl
SOLUTION: There is a clear cabinet bumper there to prevent this; it may be installed in the wrong place. I had two machines, one which was having this problem and one which was not. I carefully removed the bumper and relocated it to match the good machine and I've never had the problem recur.

Here is the location that seems to work perfectly. (Note the position relative to the text as well as the position of the shooter lane wireform.)

IMG_0998 (resized).jpegIMG_0998 (resized).jpeg
#1104 4 years ago

I had that problem as well with ball getting stuck at man overboard. I added an extra clear bumper between the screw and the current bumper. Ball has not got stuck since. On a side note got my replacement wireform a in. The shooter lane wireform fixed the last of my inconsistent ball shooter. The ball travel up the lane is soo much smoother now and the ball exits like a rocket. The bp exit ramp is still not level with the outlane but it was close enough that I could bend it and make it right. Now if I could only get jjp to send me the correct part for this last led that doesn’t work.

#1105 4 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

The ball travel up the lane is soo much smoother now and the ball exits like a rocket.

I’m curious what that looks like.

I feel my ball plunges aren’t all that powerful.

#1106 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

PROBLEM: Balls getting stuck on the "Man Overboard" self by the Pearl
SOLUTION: There is a clear cabinet bumper there to prevent this; it may be installed in the wrong place. I had two machines, one which was having this problem and one which was not. I carefully removed the bumper and relocated it to match the good machine and I've never had the problem recur.
Here is the location that seems to work perfectly. (Note the position relative to the text as well as the position of the shooter lane wireform.)[quoted image]

Can you put an arrow on that pic? I am not sure what specifically I am looking at.

#1107 4 years ago

Can you put an arrow on that pic? I am not sure what specifically I am looking at.

IMG_0998 (resized).jpegIMG_0998 (resized).jpeg
#1109 4 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

On a side note got my replacement wireform a in. The shooter lane wireform fixed the last of my inconsistent ball shooter. The ball travel up the lane is soo much smoother now and the ball exits like a rocket.

Glad to hear it! My autoplunger is 100% now as well after straightening mine. Really happy to get these little adjustments sorted out, the game is so much fun!

#1110 4 years ago

Anyone have an issue with this washer on their shooter lane? I did a cleaning yesterday and for the first time noticed this washer sits on the wireform and is pretty chewed up from balls launching. My wires & launcher have always been straight so I'm thinking this is likely the reason auto launches have sometimes lost momentum and not made it out to the playfield. I think they're hitting this washer, hopping up & hitting the top of the wireform, and then stalling. I'm thinking about just removing the washer now.

POTC Shooter Lane Washer (resized).jpgPOTC Shooter Lane Washer (resized).jpg
#1111 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I'm thinking about just removing the washer now

Just loosen up the nut underneath a bit, then move the washer to the left. Problem solved.

#1112 4 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

Just loosen up the nut underneath a bit, then move the washer to the left. Problem solved.

Ha ha!!! You mean do it the easy way? I'm kicking myself for not thinking of that on my own. Thanks!

#1113 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Ha ha!!! You mean do it the easy way? I'm kicking myself for not thinking of that on my own. Thanks!

Or, you can start a catastrophe washer thread with thousands of the same solution! lol JK!

#1114 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Anyone have an issue with this washer on their shooter lane? I did a cleaning yesterday and for the first time noticed this washer sits on the wireform and is pretty chewed up from balls launching. My wires & launcher have always been straight so I'm thinking this is likely the reason auto launches have sometimes lost momentum and not made it out to the playfield. I think they're hitting this washer, hopping up & hitting the top of the wireform, and then stalling. I'm thinking about just removing the washer now. [quoted image]

I just recived my POTC LE 2 days ago. My machine doesn't have that washer.

#1115 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Or, you can start a catastrophe washer thread with thousands of the same solution! lol JK!

Dang it!!! I already went ahead and slid the washer over. A new thread would have been much more interesting and fun

#1116 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Dang it!!! I already went ahead and slid the washer over. A new thread would have been much more interesting and fun

so i want to fix mine too. can someone explain to me how to remove the bp, then the backbox and every post to get to it
jk!

#1117 4 years ago

I looked and I’m pretty sure my CE does not have that washer either.

When I looked at your photo that washer seven being there in the first place didn’t seem necessary.

#1118 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

I looked and I’m pretty sure my CE does not have that washer either.
When I looked at your photo that washer seven being there in the first place didn’t seem necessary.

It’s actually Very necessary. If you think a post can dig in wait till you tighten a stainless guide with no washer. It will shear through like a guillotine. You need a washer there.

#1119 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

It’s actually Very necessary. If you think a post can dig in wait till you tighten a stainless guide with no washer. It will shear through like a guillotine. You need a washer there.

I don't have one either.

20190519_004937 (resized).jpg20190519_004937 (resized).jpg
#1120 4 years ago

Regarding the audio clipping ..

Here is what my mix was set at. Curious if this is what others have:

My button is starting to stick out of nowhere. It's okay. I think it's just bad karma for not playing for so long. I might just try lubing it like someone else says and see if that works without replacing.

i feel like there are certain shots that should be locking in the chest. Just to confirm: With the balls not locking in the chest, was that like 100% of the time or just most of the time?

That's it for now.. =)

Edit: Yea I don't think those levels are the issue. Just to illustrate how bad it is. I can basically just hold down the button as the numbers go down and hear static the whole time. I'm definitely going to unplug in the 10 pin in the connector.

This game will be on another level once I get this audio sorted..

Edit: I went ahead and checked those two screws and they were tight. If I still have issues, I'll have to do the slow-motion thing and go from there.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#1121 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Regarding the audio clipping ..
Here is what my mix was set at. Curious if this is what others have:
My button is starting to stick out of nowhere. It's okay. I think it's just bad karma for not playing for so long. I might just try lubing it like someone else says and see if that works without replacing.
i feel like there are certain shots that should be locking in the chest. Just to confirm: With the balls not locking in the chest, was that like 100% of the time or just most of the time?
That's it for now.. =)
[quoted image]

Edit: Yea I don't think those levels are the issue. Just to illustrate how bad it is. I can basically just hold down the button as the numbers go down and hear static the whole time. I'm definitely going to unplug in the 10 pin in the connector.

#1122 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I don't have one either.
[quoted image]

Thanks for posting that picture. That's interesting, the artwork is a circle around that area like they're expecting a washer to be there but obviously they've changed their minds. Mine was built in Nov. I thought about removing my washer, but the risk/reward to doing that seems too high. I'd think the likelihood of having that ball guide dig into the playfield would be higher than any issue from having the washer nudge into the shooter lane. I was able to scoot my washer/ball guide over just a fraction of an inch so it seems like it's clear enough of the shooter rail now and the good news is it hasn't prevented Davey Jones Locker saves from happening.

#1123 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Have you tried replacing the ground loop isolator?
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/does-anyone-else-have-this-hissing-whining-on-boot-on-any-jjp-game#post-4998295

Apparently the ones JJP uses are not good? That's all I can determine since I used two, from two different machines, didn't solve the whining/hissing on boot and the cheapo one from Amazon did. Maybe it will solve your issue as well.

The POTC one is in the backbox, in the silver PC box.

#1124 4 years ago

Caught the ball skipping over the chapter select plastic. I don't know if you can get a good sense from the video, but it seems clear that the opto sensor is not the culprit. I can tell you the shot was fairly hard but clean. I can't tell precisely why it is riding up the ball guide. It obviously rides up and over the guide hits the star map and shoots back over the chapter select plastic. I can probably get this to happen once or twice a game. Any suggestions? I am guessing this isn't going to be good long term.

Skip ahead to like 1:19
https://photos.app.goo.gl/nKYfw8x7YGtg7cSz9

#1125 4 years ago

Have you tried replacing the ground loop isolator?
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/does-anyone-else-have-this-hissing-whining-on-boot-on-any-jjp-game#post-4998295
Apparently the ones JJP uses are not good? That's all I can determine since I used two, from two different machines, didn't solve the whining/hissing on boot and the cheapo one from Amazon did. Maybe it will solve your issue as well.
The POTC one is in the backbox, in the silver PC box.

Probably not.

To give you an idea, I can’t even navigate through the menu system without a steady stream of static. It’s bad, but whatever.

Hopefully unplugging the 10 pin will solve as it has for others.

#1126 4 years ago

Caught the ball skipping over the chapter select plastic. I don't know if you can get a good sense from the video, but it seems clear that the opto sensor is not the culprit. I can tell you the shot was fairly hard but clean. I can't tell precisely why it is riding up the ball guide. It obviously rides up and over the guide hits the star map and shoots back over the chapter select plastic. I can probably get this to happen once or twice a game. Any suggestions? I am guessing this isn't going to be good long term.

Man, that's violent. What's your flipper strength and pitch at?

#1127 4 years ago

Dial down your flipper power. Just because they set a Standard setting doesn't mean its perfect for everyone. As is pinball, there are so MANY variables that effect the ball many of which are individually determined such as flipper rubbers used, flipper angle, flipper power, lever front to back, level side to side, playfield wax and probably 50 more that could be listed. Bottom line, if its hitting That hard (clearly) just dial it down a bit and move on. There doesn't always need to be a complicated solution to normal play. You need to be able to make the shots, not hammer them home. lol As is 101 trouble shooting you have to ask yourself Why is my game special and what was the last thing I did. As few if any have an issue like this you need to refer back to 101.

#1128 4 years ago

I should show you a video of the rest of the playfield. Chest is just makeable, the flipper power is definitely not crazy. They were on stock (when I got it they were turned way up and I was shooting out of the maelstrom). I just took them both down 2 below stock. Still doesn't seem crazy, but we'll play like that for a while and see.

#1129 4 years ago

I should show you a video of the rest of the playfield. Chest is just makeable, the flipper power is definitely not crazy. They were on stock (when I got it they were turned way up and I was shooting out of the maelstrom). I just took them both down 2 below stock. Still doesn't seem crazy, but we'll play like that for a while and see.

Understood and while I don't know the scientific trig formula a simple Plus .2 degrees of playfield incline changes any coil setting plus or minus. If its hitting hard, (which in that video it appeared to be hammering the chest compared to mine) simply keep lowering power till all seems equal. Many confuse Default setting with Correct setting. Completely different.

#1130 4 years ago

just an FYI for those people just receiving their machines.

Make sure the socket head cap screws are tight on your flipper coil stops. After about 20 games, my lower left flipper quit returning to its' neutral position. I raised the playfield to find that both of the screws had fallen out of the assembly. Went to check the others....yep, every single one of them was loose.

#1131 4 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Make sure the socket head cap screws are tight on your flipper coil stops. After about 20 games, my lower left flipper quit returning to its' neutral position. I raised the playfield to find that both of the screws had fallen out of the assembly. Went to check the others....yep, every single one of them was loose.

#1132 4 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

These flipper assemblies are used by a few manufacturers. Wouldn't hurt to check them on any new game.

LTG : )

#1133 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Understood and while I don't know the scientific trig formula a simple Plus .2 degrees of playfield incline changes any coil setting plus or minus. If its hitting hard, (which in that video it appeared to be hammering the chest compared to mine) simply keep lowering power till all seems equal. Many confuse Default setting with Correct setting. Completely different.

Ok, gotcha... I'll check incline and keep lowering flipper power.

#1134 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I don't have one either.
[quoted image]

Nor do i.

#1135 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

These flipper assemblies are used by a few manufacturers. Wouldn't hurt to check them on any new game.
LTG : )

Agreed. My last two stern NIB has this issue. It happens no biggie.

#1136 4 years ago

I can’t understand for the life of me why some machines would have them and some would not. This just gets stranger and stranger.

#1137 4 years ago

I just realized that my chest ball lock isn't working at all.

Any pointers?

#1138 4 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Any pointers?

Is the fork loose? Easy known fix.

#1139 4 years ago

Hi indypinhead, in the owners thread, last page coindropper has a fix with a washer

#1140 4 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Any pointers?

What do you mean by not working? You can’t shoot a ball into the chest?

#1141 4 years ago

Update....

I removed the fork assembly from under the playfield. One of the plastic barrels was missing. I found the barrel and the screw, but I can't find the flat spacer washer.

#1142 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

What do you mean by not working? You can’t shoot a ball into the chest?

I can shoot the ball into the chest...but the ball isn't being captured.

#1143 4 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I can shoot the ball into the chest...but the ball isn't being captured.

Bend the little tab on the left side toward the right a little so the ball doesn't dribble past it.

#1144 4 years ago

I found the flat washer...went to re-install...dropped the barrel plastic, now I can't find it.

It's time to walk away from this machine for the night and go play something else.

#1145 4 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I found the flat washer...went to re-install...dropped the barrel plastic, now I can't find it.
It's time to walk away from this machine for the night and go play something else.

Sometimes, that's the best choice.

#1146 4 years ago

The barrel plastic was a PITA to find...but My fork is now working. I had to bend one of the blades of the fork slightly. It was binding against the slot in the playfield.

#1147 4 years ago

I guess the entire time I've been playing this game, (around 25 games so far), my diverter fork has always been in the up position.

#1148 4 years ago

Regarding flippers. Simply snap them up once manually and you’ll have an idea of how tight they are based on the feedback.

#1149 4 years ago

So I don’t I know if it’s limited to just CE, but has anyone had any very noticeable vibration coming from the left side of the machine while playing?

I pointed out CE because I think it’s actually the barnacle on the left that is contributing.

Though, not an issue on the right.

Edit: I added the felt tape to the bottom of the machine. Perhaps, I could try adding in a few other places as well.

#1150 4 years ago

I can confirm that my chest fork is now raising and lowering during game play....but ever ball that I've shot into the chest passes through. I've yet to have the chest capture the ball.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
Protection
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
32,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
There are 3,536 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 71.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpirates-of-the-caribbean-troubleshooting-tips-issues/page/23 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.