(Topic ID: 200139)

JJP5 = Toy Story Now that POTC is JJP4?

By delt31

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

352D43DF-C6BD-4AD4-B1D1-3C395B4C09F6 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20180605-131203_Twitter (resized).jpg
    maxresdefault (resized).jpg
    Johnny-Depp-and-Gene-Wilder-as-Willy-Wonka-708171 (resized).jpg
    20180116_152148 (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-02-16 at 9.35.12 AM (resized).png
    larry-blackmon (resized).jpg
    6096E672-F16A-4307-9214-E11EBBB2064A-11463-000009311F4C9190 (resized).jpeg
    Pants (resized).jpg
    os-april-2016-rendering-toy-story-land-at-disney-s-hollywood-studios-in-florida-20160427 (resized).jpg
    0820209sdb (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballophobe.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 6 years ago

Yay!!! It will save for 1.5years for toy story.

I just bought the trilogy on blu Ray

I can only imagine how much awesomeness the playfield would be with JJP making it.

I swear. Seeing POTC makes me want to sell my swle now

Heck. Even hacking my snes classic and putting toy story on it was great.

#40 6 years ago
    Quoted from GotAQuestion:

I'm actually saving now for JJP#5. Pirates is gorgeous and I want it crazy bad, but the math on the money just isn't there for me right now. But it can be by JJP5. Hoping for a widebody Toystory!

I’m in the same boat as u. Also add I only have room for 1 more game. I would want TS in CE but even at $16k cnd. I would have to really think about it. If the cnd goes up. Then it becomes and easy yes. But at the same time. If the cnd drops. Then the LE is realistically all I can afford

#84 6 years ago
    Quoted from Sinistarrett:

Yeah I have to admit that I personally cant really understand the allure of a pinball machine themed after an animated movie for little kids. If it was like, a kids toy pinball machine, for kids, sure. But a machine for grown adults thats probably gonna cost close to ten thousand dollars? Not busting on any of you that are excited by it by any means, but I just dont get it. Seems like enough interest to make it a success, though!

I can say it’s something about the toys in toy story that appeals to me. I grew up with transformers, G.I. joe, he man, flintstones,Astro boy, the jetsons, etc and non have the same appeal that toy story does. It’s something with their 3d animation and thought that toys have a life and what not.

Heck I still have my stuffed monkey that I got when I was 5. So 37 years. I’m a sucker for a cool toy pin and toy story is just that.

With JJP, because they are a high end builder. I know they will knock it out of the park.

I was really drawn to woz but decide against it just because it was JJP first run of machines and problems will be there. The hobbit is a bleh theme to me and I leaned heavily on DI but spent my money on SWLE. To be completely honest. I actually love how SWLE plays. But if JJPOTC was shown at the same time. I would have went with JJPOTC LE

So for sure next pin will be Toy Story. I ll be in on a LE. Would like a CE. But the exchange rate will dictate that

#111 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Wait, I thought Stern had Willy Wonka through Kapow? If JJP has it that would be awesome. Actually, the timing of putting WW out before Toy Story would be better as it would move Toy Story closer to the movie's 2019 release.
    It's still a shame Stern got Princess Bride, though...

If JJP releases 1 game a year. Toy story would realistically be in the hands out of customers in April of 2019. If they announce it much like jjpotc. I don’t know how they do things. But even if 1000 ppl wanted in on toy story. It would take a long time for ppl to get their games. I’m guessing most close to or after the movie get released

#126 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

They'll be into 2 games a year by 2018, which Jack has been talking about as a goal. Moving jPotC release up by 3 months compared to Dialed In pretty much confirms that. So jPotC out Mar 2018, JJP#5 announced Spring (Golden State Pinball Festival?) then released in Winter 2018. They'll basically be interleaving announcements and releases.

If that pans out and toy story gets announced. That would be a great edition for the holidays.

Can you imagine having all the family and friends around over the holidays and everyone playing toy story.

3 weeks later
    #146 6 years ago

I just watched all 3 toy story movies again. Damn what a great franchise. I can only imagine how well jack can make a pin with all the toy story characters. I’m almost thinking he might even leave some characters out because there are so many.

Would love to do “the claw” and it would be awesome if lotso was in and he smelled like strawberries.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballophobe.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp5-toy-story-now-that-potc-is-jjp4?tu=pinballophobe and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.