(Topic ID: 200139)

JJP5 = Toy Story Now that POTC is JJP4?

By delt31

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

352D43DF-C6BD-4AD4-B1D1-3C395B4C09F6 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20180605-131203_Twitter (resized).jpg
    maxresdefault (resized).jpg
    Johnny-Depp-and-Gene-Wilder-as-Willy-Wonka-708171 (resized).jpg
    20180116_152148 (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-02-16 at 9.35.12 AM (resized).png
    larry-blackmon (resized).jpg
    6096E672-F16A-4307-9214-E11EBBB2064A-11463-000009311F4C9190 (resized).jpeg
    Pants (resized).jpg
    os-april-2016-rendering-toy-story-land-at-disney-s-hollywood-studios-in-florida-20160427 (resized).jpg
    0820209sdb (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hammerhead.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#34 6 years ago
    Quoted from WyseGuy:

You already have a NBC, stop being selfish!

What he said. Your opinion is now tainted

#41 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinMagnet:

Who the hell above 5 years old wants a Toy Story pinball machine? Seriously?

Toy Story was the first movie that my wife and I saw when we started dating and our son will be going out on Halloween this year dressed as Woody.

Aside from a few, Pixar movies have great stories and enjoyable moments for both kids as well as adults, nevermind the fact that they're all animated. I've always been big into animation and appreciate the detail that Pixar puts into their movies, right down to the woodgrain, nail heads and scuff marks in the baseboards in Andy's room. Amazing!

Also bear in mind that almost all of the toys in Toy Story are from generations that grew up before the 90s.

It's more than just a theme for 5 year olds.

#59 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinMagnet:

Ya'll are right. I apologize.

Accepted.

1 month later
    #154 6 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Definitely interested but only if the game features the characters and original actors in terms of audio and video assets. Personally I just can't see spending nearly $10k on a licensed pinball machine that lacks the actors voices and video. This is the reason why I'm likely out on Pirates unless it completely blows me away.

I've seen a lot of debate about JJPPOTC, and the lack of quotes/music from the movies, actors permission to use their likeness, etc. Got me thinking about Toy Story and not only the actors, but the toy manufacturers. What will Mattel, Hasbro, etc. have to say about using their toy likenesses in a pin?

1 month later
    #156 6 years ago

They need to make sure to have a Partysaurus Rex mode !!

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2m0nxa

3 months later
    #219 5 years ago
    Quoted from Butch2099:

Jack told two different people I know at the Allentown show that he does not have the license for Toy Story. He said it was too expensive and they are not doing it unless somehow the license rights price dropped.

Kaneda, TWIP and Head2Head have all said Toy Story and Willy Wonka have "officially" switched release order even though neither title has been "officially" confirmed.

Getting anything out of Jersey Jack is like pulling hen's teeth. I find it hard to believe that he'd be that forthcoming unless it's a red herring. Not calling anyone a liar.

#233 5 years ago
    Quoted from ViperJelly:

Who is designing the Willy Wonka pin? Guesses?

I thought I heard Pat Lawlor for TS, Eric for WW?

#235 5 years ago
    Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Toy Story 4 has been delayed from 2017 to June 2019 so maybe Toy Story for JJP will be Expo 2019?
    Willy Wonka this fall.

Given JJP's process from unveiling to delivery, a fall Toy Story unveiling would work perfectly for Toy Story 4 release next summer.

Doubt WW would be this fall given the POTC hasn't even shipped yet; Chicago Expo is only 5 months off.

#236 5 years ago

On an unrelated topic:

Whirlwind = WW
    White Water = WH20
    Willy Wonka = ???

#255 5 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

Might as well be simply Wonka.

Simple? On Pinside?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hammerhead.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp5-toy-story-now-that-potc-is-jjp4?tu=hammerhead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.