(Topic ID: 200139)

JJP5 = Toy Story Now that POTC is JJP4?

By delt31

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

352D43DF-C6BD-4AD4-B1D1-3C395B4C09F6 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20180605-131203_Twitter (resized).jpg
    maxresdefault (resized).jpg
    Johnny-Depp-and-Gene-Wilder-as-Willy-Wonka-708171 (resized).jpg
    20180116_152148 (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-02-16 at 9.35.12 AM (resized).png
    larry-blackmon (resized).jpg
    6096E672-F16A-4307-9214-E11EBBB2064A-11463-000009311F4C9190 (resized).jpeg
    Pants (resized).jpg
    os-april-2016-rendering-toy-story-land-at-disney-s-hollywood-studios-in-florida-20160427 (resized).jpg
    0820209sdb (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fosaisu.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 6 years ago
    Quoted from Chicoman:

Toy Story? Good Grief....let's get some real themes going here.....UGH!
    We might just need a SNOWFLAKES Pinball Machine....with a safe space, college university where you can earn worthless college degrees like Female Gender Studies, Starbucks where you can buy a Unicorn Frap and more!
    SMH!
    At least with the new PoTC....you'll be able to retheme it into a Christoper Columbus Pinball Machine!

Can you go SYH somewhere else? You don't have to like Disney themes, but no need to shower the rest of us in your angst and bile. We're talking pinball here, not culture-wars conspiracy babble.

#28 6 years ago
    Quoted from dirtbag66:

I'm wondering if they are actually hurting themselves by waiting to make this "big deal" out of the reveal. Case in point:
    Pinball player Joe wants to buy a new machine. He has enough money for a new in box game. Sees Stern come out with a new Star Wars game, but wonders what JJP will release for game #4. Gets tired of waiting, buys SW. PotC comes out, Joe no longer has the funds to purchase it.
    If JJP comes out today and tells me Toy Story is game #5, with Pat designing it, I will start saving up for that game and THAT GAME only. No other game will threaten my wallet! But if they wait, and something else comes along, I might be tempted to buy that game instead of JJP #5.

I get your eagerness to know, but JJP's own history has proven that the smart business decision is to announce the game when it's near final. Gives less time for everyone to nit pick the design, grow less excited with the theme, and get cold feet about ordering (see Hobbit). They handled the DI announcement similar to the Pirates announcement and that seemed to work out OK for them. I'm thinking this will be their approach going forward.

#73 6 years ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Not sure about JJP5, but somewhere around JJP7 you might get an Indiana Jones.

Now this I could get behind (a Raiders themed game with good hand drawn art would be so cool).

#80 6 years ago
    Quoted from thedarkknight77:

The problem I have with these Disney themes is the limited ability to use movie clips. One of the strongest arguments for JJP games is their use of the video screen.......Disney kills a lot of this argument. I am 100% not interested in Toy Story, but it appears a lot are so I am excited for them. After seeing Pirates, there is no turning back for JJP.

Why are you limited in using clips from Disney movies? SW is a Disney movie now and Stern SW is full of movie clips.

#106 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

It's still a shame Stern got Princess Bride, though...

A JJP Princess Bride would be pretty epic.

1 week later
    #138 6 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

I bet Tim Allen would do some custom Buzz. Probaly would just love being part of this venture.

Yeah, I'll bet Tim Allen is pretty cheap these days. Custom Tom Hanks speech would be awesome, but he's still got a few things on the go ...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fosaisu.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp5-toy-story-now-that-potc-is-jjp4?tu=fosaisu and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.