(Topic ID: 200139)

JJP5 = Toy Story Now that POTC is JJP4?

By delt31

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

352D43DF-C6BD-4AD4-B1D1-3C395B4C09F6 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20180605-131203_Twitter (resized).jpg
    maxresdefault (resized).jpg
    Johnny-Depp-and-Gene-Wilder-as-Willy-Wonka-708171 (resized).jpg
    20180116_152148 (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-02-16 at 9.35.12 AM (resized).png
    larry-blackmon (resized).jpg
    6096E672-F16A-4307-9214-E11EBBB2064A-11463-000009311F4C9190 (resized).jpeg
    Pants (resized).jpg
    os-april-2016-rendering-toy-story-land-at-disney-s-hollywood-studios-in-florida-20160427 (resized).jpg
    0820209sdb (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider delt31.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

I would think it's basically guaranteed that JJP5 is Toy Story considering the famous rumor is now 2 for 2. JJP killing it.

#15 6 years ago

I'm only mentioning TS b/c that was what the original rumor said. I personally dont care for that as a theme either but JJP makes anything play well and they will do wonders with TS

#37 6 years ago
    Quoted from libtech:

I hope not, I was hoping the bad themes would end at woz and dialed in, would be a good game for kids, but a 10k game isnt for kids, maybe a stern pro.

woz a bad theme? what in the world? woz = classic theme.

#48 6 years ago
    Quoted from konghusker:

Ditto. Look at all the people hating on a potc theme. Where are they all now? Potc blew the doors off. Woz as a theme is timeless in most people's minds, and I believe the fact that it's still selling and is a masterpiece prove that theme doesn't make a machine. DI anyone? Toy story is an all time classic franchise, and many of us with disposable money will back that up with our wallets. Jjp has picked great themes, and even surprised us with a kooky original theme. Jjp is picking up major steam people, and we're all benefiting from the many great choices these days.

POTC theme is terrible but JJP are masters so they make it so good. Looked at DI? TS is actually not bad so expect another winner.

#53 6 years ago
    Quoted from konghusker:

Whether or not a theme is terrible is completely subjective. My household loves potc, and we want a potc theme pin. So I'm on the side saying this is a great theme, with a great game. Opinions can differ. Toy story would be a dream theme for us as well.

Yep - I agree with you 100%. IMO POTC theme is terrible. IMO Alien is amazing. Others will def differ. What's being proven is that JJP can take any theme and make EITHER side of the coin happy!

#56 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinMagnet:

Sorry but it's a cartoon for little kids...that's it plain and simple. I'm guessing you guys are those couples that go to Disney World without kids and wear the mickey mouse hats and matching T-Shirts around. Probably come back every year on your wedding anniversary. Really really sad.

cmon man - that's just kind of a jerk post. I'm not a fan either and wouldn't pick DW for a spot with the wife but some people do enjoy that. no need to make fun of him for it.

#62 6 years ago

Yes (I believe).

At this point you can feel VERY good about both toy story and muppets.

#71 6 years ago
    Quoted from mesmashu:

Looking forward to Toy Story. Muppets... not so much. Is there really a market for Muppets?

I rather have muppets than TS...

#91 6 years ago
    Quoted from cheshirefilms:

Wish they'd fastrack Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (Gene Wilder) instead-
    Save Toy Story for when the final Toy Story comes- if the next one is the last one?
    That's been the rumor to be JJP #6 for the longest time now it seems.

Imagine how good Willy Wonka would be? Damn wish it was next or Alice.....both would be incredible. Toy Story will be too but i pref the former 2 much more.

#95 6 years ago
    Quoted from cheshirefilms:

Alice- as in, American McGee's Alice?
    I'd love to see that theme bigtime but its too edgy/not enough mainstream for a JPP game.

Yes. I would take tim burton's take on it too. They can make an alice game that isn't over the top horror that still hooks in people like me and you.

#127 6 years ago

I personally think toy story will be there biggest seller if it happens. The appeal is huge (even if it's not my theme of choice I can acknowledge that).

#132 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_J:

I don't disagree with what you are saying. I just can't justify spending 9.5K when that type of content is missing.
    I am sure plenty of other people will disagree so I doubt anyone will miss money.

If they don't get voices, etc that's a bigger deal with toy story I would think than POTC. No one wants to hear JD talk anyway!

6 months later
    #218 5 years ago

whaaaaaaaat? That would be a big surprise. I wonder what then would be the next game if that were in fact true.

#222 5 years ago

I heard the same about the GnR rumor but if it turns out to be true, I'll be posting machines as soon as it's announced! That would be sick.

#226 5 years ago

I would be all over BTTF too.

#231 5 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

I predict Willy Wonka next
    That a go for me
    Just like Woz, the slot machines are hugely successful and FUN
    My wife might even play that one

If Toy Story is truly out I'm thinking it's WW too. Not sure I'm in but we'll see. Def enough there to get me.

7 months later
    #313 5 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

So is it Wonka first, then Toy Story? Should change thread title accordingly.

Nothing confirmed yet. This was a speculation thread....

#315 5 years ago
    Quoted from lordloss:

David Thiel is no longer with JJP. So thats pretty fucking bad news. JJPOTC had an amazing sound package.

whaaaa? where is he going? He's so talented.

#317 5 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Makes sense, it will always be speculation until it’s not. But ... what if the next JJP turns out to be Wonka? Then this thread looks like a chump for betting on the wrong horse. I’d bet at that point you’d say,” Toy Story will definitely be next”. But ... what if Kaneda is right and G&R comes next? Then this thread looks clueless. Anyone could have predicted Toy Story would be one of the next three JJP releases. But the whole point of this thread is evidently that Toy Story is next and that it is the prevailing wind. Since it is much more in the air than that, the title seems to be out of focus to me, given what has happened during the 315 posts in this thread.

A thread title that has a question mark in it speculating if it could be JJP4 is a "chump"? Or it's "clueless" if GnR is next? I'm so glad you're communicating that the thread "seems to be out of focus" to you. Here's the part you're missing. No one cares Jeff....I'm actually thinking of changing the title accordingly to include that.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider delt31.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp5-toy-story-now-that-potc-is-jjp4?tu=delt31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.